IGNORED

John Robert Moore and Iris Muscarella Engagement

DomWackTroll

:shrug:

ETA: I am loving the phrase "my fate as a fundie flouncer was sealed." :romance-smileyheart:

I thought fundie Flouncer was a great post count title, but after some thought I decided it should belong to John.

I have a feeling he may give us some other options if he continues posting, which I hope he does.

I'm glad you managed to stick your flounce, John. I hope you are able to help others see and understand as you have that the men/cult you were in are not truly what God wants for people (assuming you...general you not you specifically...believe in a higher power)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A good for instance, no action was taken when it was discovered by leadership that I was bisexual in 2010. But in 2013, when there were photos (not of me having relationships with men, which had happened and was known, but of me with a sex toy) then serious repercussions followed, not just for me, but for my parents and siblings. I guess the injustice of that handling 'gave me permission' to go think for myself.

Am I reading this right? It was fine and known that you had relationships with men but when you treadmill'd a dildo on camera they decided it was too much? In other words, as long as you keep it secret or not too open homosexual relationships are okay? :wtf:

I'm wondering if this is why a lot of fundie pastors etc get outed after many years of secretly engaging in homosexual sex/relationships...? If no one calls out their hypocrisy earlier it's okay for them to just keep on going? (Just speculating here)

Am I reading this right? It was fine and known that you had relationships with men but when you treadmill'd a dildo on camera they decided it was too much? In other words, as long as you keep it secret or not too open homosexual relationships are okay? :wtf:

I'm wondering if this is why a lot of fundie pastors etc get outed after many years of secretly engaging in homosexual sex/relationships...? If no one calls out their hypocrisy earlier it's okay for them to just keep on going? (Just speculating here)

I'd give my left arm to know which members of the "leadership" knew about this.

pT3tm9Q.jpg

:lol:

And what might JRM have known about Dougie? Could explain why he wasn't immediately banished from the kingdom.

Congratulations to you John, its great you met a nice woman who is not a fundie. I am glad you no longer subscribe to such harmful belief systems, is totally fine to be bisexual and nobody should have to grow up thinking that they are sinful for that.

Thought he was a goner but the cat came back - he just couldn't stay away! :shifty-kitty: :wink-kitty:

He did, and I'm glad! :)

John PM'ed me back in the day to tease me with clues as to who he really was. With a little help, I figured it out, and enjoyed our correspondence immensely! I'm proud of him for shedding his anonymity on FJ, something I wouldn't do.

He did, and I'm glad! :)

John PM'ed me back in the day to tease me with clues as to who he really was. With a little help, I figured it out, and enjoyed our correspondence immensely! I'm proud of him for shedding his anonymity on FJ, something I wouldn't do.

You and me both! Though apparently I must give away more than I think because someone at PHC (not internet-famous so not naming here) figured me out and started up an email exchange. Thankfully it ended up well.

You and me both! Though apparently I must give away more than I think because someone at PHC (not internet-famous so not naming here) figured me out and started up an email exchange. Thankfully it ended up well.

Ugh, that's what I worry about. I have no desire to have it out with another fundie over my presence here. Glad yours went well :-)

I'm somewhat surprised that a person so apparently image conscious has no issue posting this stuff under his real name on a snark board - with a picture of his face attached, no less. But hey.

If anyone around here knows my true identity, I haven't heard. Thankfully although I'm sure I've blabbed enough personal details that I could be discovered, I don't see why anyone would care. I guess if they really hated me or something, but I'm not sure exposing my true identity would have any negative impact on me whatsoever, anyway... it's nice to be uninteresting, really. :D

I'm somewhat surprised that a person so apparently image conscious has no issue posting this stuff under his real name on a snark board - with a picture of his face attached, no less. But hey.

If anyone around here knows my true identity, I haven't heard. Thankfully although I'm sure I've blabbed enough personal details that I could be discovered, I don't see why anyone would care. I guess if they really hated me or something, but I'm not sure exposing my true identity would have any negative impact on me whatsoever, anyway... it's nice to be uninteresting, really. :D

Yeah, I'm not really understanding how a Confederate group might hurt his image but dildo blowing? No prob. Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with him blowing dildos but the Christian audience he is still apparently seeking probably will. Oh, and the bisexuality. They're not real fond of that, either.

Good for you for leaving and moving on. All of this takes a lot of courage.

But I have to ask: why? Why are you being so open about these very intimate details of your personal life to a bunch of strangers? Does it help you to dissociate with your fundamentalist past? Is it an attempt to be fully honest? Do you enjoy this kind of attention and virtual exhibitionism (so to speak)?

It goes without saying, it's your life and you share as much of it as you want. But maybe ask yourself a couple of questions as to why you think this is necessary. In the meantime, hey, do whatever else rocks your boat and be happy.

But I have to ask: why? Why are you being so open about these very intimate details of your personal life to a bunch of strangers? Does it help you to dissociate with your fundamentalist past? Is it an attempt to be fully honest? Do you enjoy this kind of attention and virtual exhibitionism (so to speak)?

It goes without saying, it's your life and you share as much of it as you want. But maybe ask yourself a couple of questions as to why you think this is necessary. In the meantime, hey, do whatever else rocks your boat and be happy.

OJ4BiIW.jpg

I honestly can't believe he was able to stay away from such a captive audience for so long.

Yeah, I'm not really understanding how a Confederate group might hurt his image but dildo blowing? No prob. Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with him blowing dildos but the Christian audience he is still apparently seeking probably will. Oh, and the bisexuality. They're not real fond of that, either.

Didn't he say it was because it could affect her... seems to be more about her than him.

And as for those wondering why I just started posting here; It's because I saw a post where my girlfriend was being attached to what appears to be a white supremacist group and wanted to offer clarity on that one particular point. My work is very influenced by what people find about me online, as is hers, since we are both in entertainment. This account was registered forever ago to weigh in on some controversial topics related to scandals, but the account was not activated so I left it alone.

JRM on Facebook: “Since when is kinism still a thing! Turns out I have dozens of connections on Facebook that claim kinism as an acceptable doctrine. Mind blown!â€

facebook.com/thepaladinian/posts/10152626005649649?pnref=story

Dude, enough with the faux naivety. Clean that shit up.

JRM on Facebook: “Since when is kinism still a thing! Turns out I have dozens of connections on Facebook that claim kinism as an acceptable doctrine. Mind blown!â€

facebook.com/thepaladinian/posts/10152626005649649?pnref=story

Dude, enough with the faux naivety. Clean that shit up.

To be fair to JRM, I'm from a different part of the country, but I grew up in similar circles and it wasn't until I was out of college that I knew kinism was that much of "a thing." In many fundie circles, it's almost like a philosophy that some folks follow but very few would actually say out loud. My friends from the old days and I call it "fundie fight club" for that reason.

To be fair to JRM, I'm from a different part of the country, but I grew up in similar circles and it wasn't until I was out of college that I knew kinism was that much of "a thing." In many fundie circles, it's almost like a philosophy that some folks follow but very few would actually say out loud. My friends from the old days and I call it "fundie fight club" for that reason.

I get what you're saying, GC, but "dozens of connections"? And he never noticed even one of them? And he has a fiancee who "accidentally" liked a Neo-Confederate website? I mean, I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but...

Yeah, I can honestly say, while I knew there would be kinists afloat somewhere in the reaches of reformed thought and theology, I never ever would have thought that there are literally dozens of these people within my network of friends. That staggers me. I had never seen outright 'loud and proud' declarations of kinism until these last couple weeks. Perhaps because I wasn't acutely aware of the term and it's use, but I mean, what the hell? I've always used the argument that you can't use an Old Testament argument against homosexuality without also allowing for polygamy, war brides, and kinism. Especially kinism, and I've compared sermons preached in the 50s to sermons preached today on topics like homosexuality and polyamory. It's an effective argument because in general, Christians are appalled by the idea and disgusted that it can be attached to the American Church and it's affect on politics over the years.

And GenerationCedarchip is right, there are a few ideas that feel like 'fundie fight club' that you don't learn about until later.

For a few reasons; likely because it helps cement my journey in understanding life and create a sort of 'mile-marker' for where I am. That's a psychological need for many who feel that the solidarity of community they had before is unstable or hostile. Also because much of the dialog here helped create a better filter for the dogma that surrounded me. Almost a 'thank you, here's how I'm doing' sort of thing. And lastly because, I know there are people in the community who still read this website and have a lot of questions about what's happened with me, but I don't necessarily know who they are due to the whole anonymity thing. So I can't exactly reach out to them one on one. I am ok. My life is growing slowly but surely. I've lost friends and friends have lost me. But I continue to transition my life out of a very tribally dependent model built on authoritarian dictates and into one that more directly reflects my personal decisions my personal hopes for humanity, but it hasn't robbed me of my faith. At any rate. A lot of people have danced around the questions about what happened with me. Now they have a way to know.

Some young people from various parts of the community have told me that my transparency has helped them get out of very controlling and cultlike situations. So regardless of personal repercussions, many of which I've already endured, I figured why the hell not? If somebody wants this information, it's available elsewhere on the web anyway.

That's quite a turn around from extreme poster boy fundie to marrying a burlesque performer that also does drag shows. Congrats to them both!

Yeah, I can honestly say, while I knew there would be kinists afloat somewhere in the reaches of reformed thought and theology, I never ever would have thought that there are literally dozens of these people within my network of friends. That staggers me. I had never seen outright 'loud and proud' declarations of kinism until these last couple weeks. Perhaps because I wasn't acutely aware of the term and it's use, but I mean, what the hell? I've always used the argument that you can't use an Old Testament argument against homosexuality without also allowing for polygamy, war brides, and kinism. Especially kinism, and I've compared sermons preached in the 50s to sermons preached today on topics like homosexuality and polyamory. It's an effective argument because in general, Christians are appalled by the idea and disgusted that it can be attached to the American Church and it's affect on politics over the years.

And GenerationCedarchip is right, there are a few ideas that feel like 'fundie fight club' that you don't learn about until later.

Knowing that we share some mutual connections, it scares me quite a bit to think of any of my friends being kinists. (I had never even heard the term until FJ.) I have not seen any talk of this type from people I know. I doubt you want to name names, is there a Facebook group or something where people are talking about this? You said dozens, and I doubt that many are just proclaiming themselves kinists outright.

For a few reasons; likely because it helps cement my journey in understanding life and create a sort of 'mile-marker' for where I am. That's a psychological need for many who feel that the solidarity of community they had before is unstable or hostile. Also because much of the dialog here helped create a better filter for the dogma that surrounded me. Almost a 'thank you, here's how I'm doing' sort of thing. And lastly because, I know there are people in the community who still read this website and have a lot of questions about what's happened with me, but I don't necessarily know who they are due to the whole anonymity thing. So I can't exactly reach out to them one on one. I am ok. My life is growing slowly but surely. I've lost friends and friends have lost me. But I continue to transition my life out of a very tribally dependent model built on authoritarian dictates and into one that more directly reflects my personal decisions my personal hopes for humanity, but it hasn't robbed me of my faith. At any rate. A lot of people have danced around the questions about what happened with me. Now they have a way to know.

Some young people from various parts of the community have told me that my transparency has helped them get out of very controlling and cultlike situations. So regardless of personal repercussions, many of which I've already endured, I figured why the hell not? If somebody wants this information, it's available elsewhere on the web anyway.

I respect you for having the courage to walk way from such a controlling religious atmosphere even though being your authentic self no doubt came at a serious cost. I absolutely do think that learning about the personal experiences of the brave ones like you who can walk away from it all help those who are still stuck inside and questioning. I know from my experiences in the ex-Jehovah's Witness community that a lot of times when people start to doubt fundamentalist doctrine, they think the doubt is because there's something wrong with them ("spiritual weakness" or that they are sinful for having homosexual urges, etc.) and I think it can be extremely helpful to hear from someone else who has experienced the same unfortunate struggle.

Based on what I've learned about cults from my family's unfortunate infection with Jehovah's Witness ideology, I truly do feel that many of these very restrictive strains of fundamentalism in fact operate as cults (or "high control groups" if you find that term less inflammatory). If you have not yet done so, I would encourage you to look into Steven Hassan's work (specifically his book "Combating Cult Mind Control" http://www.amazon.com/Combating-Cult-Mi ... 0967068827 ). It explains a lot about how so many people who are otherwise rational end up getting tricked into following these radical and illogical strains of religious extremism, and also gives advice on how to deal with the people who are still brainwashed in ways that might help them also open their eyes. Personally I found that very helpful. It's really frustrating when you see someone you care about who you know is an intelligent person, yet they can't recognize how they sound to everyone else when they are parroting out the irrational or toxic cult doctrines.

All the best to you and your future wife!

So I've been reading again on the original <> thread and I gotta say, given the revelations in *this* thread, some of the early post take on a whole new meaning and have set my mind wandering as to what, when, who and how long.

Archived