IGNORED

John Robert Moore and Iris Muscarella Engagement

DomWackTroll

One, we have already talked about this. Two he told a bunch of us in PM. Unasked for.

If it needs to be deleted so be it. But its an open secret.

Gotcha. I wasn't sure; the last time Cloakndagger and I discussed it in a thread we were chastised. I'm glad it's out in the open. For some reason, I find him insufferable, both when he was hardcore fundie and now that he isn't. I can't put my finger on just what it is about him that rubs me the wrong way.

Does everyone really thinks he is that good looking? I don't find him attractive at all.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotcha. I wasn't sure; the last time Cloakndagger and I discussed it in a thread we were chastised. I'm glad it's out in the open. For some reason, I find him insufferable, both when he was hardcore fundie and now that he isn't. I can't put my finger on just what it is about him that rubs me the wrong way.

Does everyone really thinks he is that good looking? I don't find him attractive at all.

There's definitely an arrogance about him, fundie or not. And let's not forget that he is still a pretty hardcore libertarian and a "Christian filmmaker." It's not like he's leading a Pride parade. But hey, baby steps and all that...

Oh wow, so this guy might be <>?

Right after I heard about Doug's downfall, <> was one of the first people I thought about, and wondered what his reaction was.

Do you think it was that downfall that drove this guy from fundiedom?

Me neither, so that makes at least two of us.

<>

Thanks! I'm lost in this rabbit hole. IT IS MAGIC. But it makes cute boy less cute. (Yep, I do think he's a hottie. Less so now.)

!  {TEXT1}:
It is against FJ rules to tie a real world identity to an FJ username without the user's permission. An "open secret" is not the same thing as having permission. If he comes here and identifies himself, then it's okay to use his name. Unless he does that, we may not link him to a username. None of you would like it if it was done to you. When it happened to other users, people lost their freakin' minds. If it happens again there will be warnings and/or new roommates in the Prayer Closet.

He definitely thinks he's hot shit. That's all I'll say.

!  {TEXT1}:
It is against FJ rules to tie a real world identity to an FJ username without the user's permission. An "open secret" is not the same thing as having permission. If he comes here and identifies himself, then it's okay to use his name. Unless he does that, we may not link him to a username. None of you would like it if it was done to you. When it happened to other users, people lost their freakin' minds. If it happens again there will be warnings and/or new roommates in the Prayer Closet.

Sincere apologies, HA, I provided info without thinking it through first. I do try to play by the rules here.[emoji32]

So I was looking at Iris’ Facebook “Likes†again…

facebook.com/iris.muscarella/likes?collection_token=607111109%3A2409997254%3A96&next_cursor=MDpub3Rfc3RydWN0dXJlZDoxMTMyMTMwOTUzODcwODY%3D

…and what do you know:

"Os Confederados Brasil: This page is dedicated to those who left their homes and their country, moving to a faraway land to rebuild their lives after the War Between the States. Our ancestors will always have our undying reverence and our admiration for their courage, their braveness, and their loyalty to the Confederacy. We pledge to keep their memory, and to pass this reverence to our future generations, and whilst recognizing and abiding to the Brazilian and American Constitutions, we will not accept any distortion of the History of The Confederate States of America by any individual, group, or institution whatsoever."

facebook.com/pages/Os-Confederados-Brasil/263483417358?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

"The Confederados (Portuguese pronunciation: [kõfedeˈɾadus]) is an ethnic sub-group in Brazil descended from some 10,000 Southerners who immigrated chiefly to the area of the city of São Paulo, Brazil from the South after the American Civil War. Although many returned to the United States, some remained and descendants of Confederados can be found in many cities throughout Brazil."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederados

Pics from the Daily Mail:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3057602/American-Civil-War-commemorated-way-south-Dixie.html

But I'm sure it's just "vintage glamour," right? :roll:

So I just want to make sure I am correct, he can identify himself by proactive pm's but that is considered private.?

And I'm not sure if the none of you liked it when it was done to you applies to me. But I was stupid. Lots of people knew my name by pm's and other, (I sent a lot of postcards with my name on it when we traveled abroad more). My whining had always had to do with things that weren't someone knowing something about mel

Era: I am cool playing by the rules, I think I misunderstood them. I just wanted to clarify the idea that I thought people knowing who I am. Was something I have botched about, I did that stupid shit to myself.

On the previous board we had a visitor called <> . . . something. I forgot. Anyway, he was a VF intern and semi-insider with the younger generation of fundies. And he gave up the gossip until people started challenging him about his ideas and his reasons for sharing all the information.

It sounded then like he had one foot in and one foot out, and I guess he decided which side to land on.

Can anyone prove that said person was really a VF intern? Where did said person claim that?

Can anyone prove that said person was really a VF intern? Where did said person claim that?

IIRC, the person <> provided ID information to Alecto or another admin.

IIRC, the person provided ID information to Alecto or another admin.

I thought when he was here that he said he hadn't made the cut for VF intern

I thought when he was here that he said he hadn't made the cut for VF intern

You may be right -- don't have the time now to plow through those threads to see what he actually said.

His VF-connected identity was vetted by FJ admin. His posts here suggested that he knew many VF snarkees and was happy to dish on them to the extent he could.

And I'm not sure if the none of you liked it when it was done to you applies to me. But I was stupid. Lots of people knew my name by pm's and other, (I sent a lot of postcards with my name on it when we traveled abroad more). My whining had always had to do with things that weren't someone knowing something about mel

Era: I am cool playing by the rules, I think I misunderstood them. I just wanted to clarify the idea that I thought people knowing who I am. Was something I have botched about, I did that stupid shit to myself.

Just to clarify (your clarification?), HA was talking about when the rule was instituted re: people losing their minds. Not the other incident of outing that occurred later.

I can't believe he's engaged to someone so, um, comfortable with the human body.

It is the costumes. She wears them, she makes them, and heaven knows if a person has interned with Doug the Tool, costumes become a big part of life!

So I was looking at Iris’ Facebook “Likes†again…

facebook.com/iris.muscarella/likes?collection_token=607111109%3A2409997254%3A96&next_cursor=MDpub3Rfc3RydWN0dXJlZDoxMTMyMTMwOTUzODcwODY%3D

facebook.com/pages/Os-Confederados-Brasil/263483417358?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

"The Confederados (Portuguese pronunciation: [kõfedeˈɾadus]) is an ethnic sub-group in Brazil descended from some 10,000 Southerners who immigrated chiefly to the area of the city of São Paulo, Brazil from the South after the American Civil War. Although many returned to the United States, some remained and descendants of Confederados can be found in many cities throughout Brazil."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederados

Pics from the Daily Mail:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3057602/American-Civil-War-commemorated-way-south-Dixie.html

But I'm sure it's just "vintage glamour," right? :roll:

Hi there. I just asked her about this and she had no idea what it was. She's convinced she didn't like it on purpose, that's for sure. I grew up in Alaska and read a lot of skewed historical perspective, so a lot of the cultural attachments of racism to the confederate flags never sunk in with me, but she assures me that a mixed Black and Filipino girl from Temple, Texas who was repeatedly told she was an abomination for being mixed, has a very different view of that banner. So yeah, she's not so much a fan of the confederados, but it does remind me of a John Wayne/Rock Hudson movie called 'The Undefeated', where a bunch of confederates escape the country to start a new life. If I recall, it does say 'based on a true story' or something like that, so it may have been inspired by these folks.

Soooooo was the other person lying about being this person?

IKR. Or do the mods need to investigate sock puppet accounts.

Archived