IGNORED

Josh Duggar, Admitted Child Molester - Part 9

happy atheist

The thing about mandatory reporter status is that if as I remember it was created to confront the tendency of teachers/doctors, etc. to not report if they only had a suspicion or the child told them but the parents didn't seem like the type. The law codified that they had a duty to report even if they didn't necessarily believe it or weren't certain. In Boob's case he knew for sure that a crime was committed and didn't report it. That's a cover up apart from mandatory reporter status. In NJ everyone's a mandated reporter.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several things on the table here. Speaking to them one by one. . . .

Suicide. After my brother committed suicide at 24, I read a comment from someone else that "Suicide opens that door for *everyone* in the family." That is, it becomes an option for problem solving that was never there before. I knew a couple of children when I was growing up whose mother had committed suicide. Ghost children. I would wish this on no child, no brother, no sister, no parent, cousin or neighbor.

YES, there are times/crimes/people that I can't quite wrap my head around, but I sorta figure that then is when I MOST need to step back and let the Karma Fairy take over. It helps that my personal belief system includes a complete "life review" wherein the soul is guided to see *everything* it did, and to feel what others' felt because of his/her acts while breathing. That has been enough for me, no need for a burning eternity of hell. (Nor do I understand a deity who does need one.)

Josh clearly did "something." And has admitted to doing so. What exactly that was, we don't know. Whether he was a hormone driven teen who was also isolated, leaving the only possible targets to be females in his own home, or whether he was/is a predator/pedophile, we DO NOT KNOW. Nor are we ever likely to. One reason is that when pedophilia happens, we get on our white charger, and chase 'em down, and send 'em to prison, praying that other prisoners will prey on them. We don't, in any serious way, study them. We do know that abuse changes the victim in permanent ways. A huge percent go on to become abusers themselves. (NO! Not all.) We have no idea the difference in what/why/how they pass it on, or refuse to. Because we're so bent on revenge, that we actually learn nothing.

When I was 10 (by 11 I was already wearing a b-cup--my first bra!), I had one awful summer with a cousin who was 14. Roughhousing, running, tickling. We were never alone, several other kids were always around. But I was exquisitely aware of the "accidentally" brushing. Never with hands--more the inside of wrists on breast sides. I said nothing that year. Two years later, at my dad's place of work, he wanted to play hide n seek. When he caught me, he wanted to talk. Wanted to know if I told my dad everything. If, for instance, we were to do something "dirty." I got up, and walked away. I told my mom that night. Never happened again. He just sorta disappeared out of my life. He married 2 years later, has been, so far as I know, a great dad, grand dad, and great grand dad. And I still get the creeps at family gatherings.

Counseling. Since we're all in "I'mma gonna believe Alice" mode, let me remind you that Alice said the girls DID get counseling.

Alice Says:

May 24th, 2007 at 3:05 pm

People, trust me or not. I know this for a fact. God’s honest truth that the molestation happened. It happened to four of his 5 sisters. The oldest daughter was not touched. The second daughter is the one who caught him doing this. There was no rape involved, but molested. I could go into detail, but I won’t. Of course, you can find nothing about the charges. The Duggar’s want to keep this hid. Wouldn’t you? They wouldn’t have the things that they do if it had gotten out earlier. That’s the way that they make their living and travel at the expenses of others.

Jim Bob and Michelle are very aware of this happening and have chosen to protect Josh over his sisters. The family is to report to DHS every six months and that the girls are in counciling. This is what the courts ordered. Jim Bob and Michelle both tried to lie their way out of this, but it didn’t happen. Just ask them, but they will just lie about it. They call their son “Precious Josh†and in their eyes he can do nothing wrong. What about the girls? I think that everyone should know about this problem and that the Duggars are frauds. They make the Talk Shows under the impression that they are pure and they receive “Love Offerings†from the viewers. He has got it figured out. How to be famous and make a living for his brood and not have to work to get it.

http://www.ibiblio.org/bascha/blog/2006/03/21/gigantic-family-day-on-tlc/

The girls in the Faux interview said as much, as did the parents. Plus that Josh also did get counseling. If, as Truthy Alice reports, DHS was involved, and the police report left it with a notation of "family in need of services"--I have no reason to doubt here.

I love snark as much as anyone; what I hate is when WE take anything we can find and run with it. Whether it's fair or not, whether it's honest or not.

Sorry if this has already been posted:

Josh Duggar Molestation Scandal Continues On: Non-Family Victim May Sue 19 Kids And Counting Family

http://okmagazine.com/photos/josh-dugga ... 001275335/

I didn't find the report on InTouch that they referenced but I found this:

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/dugg ... ting-62082

I'm worried about "the good ol' boys club"

The InTouch story suggests that hiring off-duty cops on May 20-21 might have been a conflict of interest, since there was an open investigation on May 27. That's enough time between the two events that I'm not clutching my pearls yet; I mean, I don't see concrete evidence (maybe it's there and I'm missing it) that off-duty cops provided security on the same day there was an open investigation. It could be that officers working on May 21 saw something and reported it, opening the investigation. :think:

cross-posted with grandmadugger

Bringing this over from the Jill thread, where people would rather bicker with each other than practice internet sleuthing:

Never mind. I was going to write a long rant about how disgusting and WAY overboard the bullying has gotten but I decided it's not worth my time. I guess it's only fitting that Derick and Jill spoke at that conference about positive body image because they should know a thing or two. For such a "hideous", "depressing", "creepy" monster Derick has apparently become, I'm glad that he's not hiding his face from the public. I hope he never shaves or cuts his hair as a big FU to the internet. Nothing like a man who knows how to wear a good ponytail. :wink-kitty:

ANYWAY, moving on...one of the Dillard's friends posted videos of Jill and Derick playing with a bunch of kids (including the M'kids) yesterday.

https://instagram.com/p/4iqGoURhGm/

https://instagram.com/p/4iqjMORhHJ/

Apparently they were there to help babysit because another friend (it's not mentioned who) needed work done around their house. Anyone recognize if they're at Josh and Anna's new house? In another photo posted earlier (see: https://instagram.com/p/4ippaHxhF-/) you can see Jana and Sierra doing some construction work.

Sassypants suggested it could indeed be Josh's new house and I found pictures on trulia for comparison: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Arkansas/Si ... 1#photo-17

Josh Duggar Molestation Scandal Continues On: Non-Family Victim May Sue 19 Kids And Counting Family

I hope she does sue. It's so ironic how J'chelle and Jim Boob talk about being "revictimized" by the police report, when their stunt with Fox News probably did more damage.

*goes back to lurking*

I'm intrigued by the non-family member victim coming forward and threatening a civil lawsuit against Josh and his parents. Definitely this is the end of the road for "19 Kids and Counting" as a show.

Maybe if the proceedings are kept open, we'll learn the real story. It seems the victim is as tired of Boob and J'Chelle's coverup as the rest of us. :liar:

If the case is settled out of court, I still don't think TLC can rescue the show in any shape or form with a non-family member victim floating around out there. At any time there could be a big splashy story about what Josh did, and how his parents covered things up and neglected to protect the other children in the family.

I have a question

Someone mentioned a few pages back that Springdale Police has been ordered not to release anything else about the Duggar family. What if someone was getting a copy of a report they were involved in? For instance if John David got in a fight with some one, does that mean the person who fought with him could not get a copy of the report that was made?

I have a question

Springdale Police has been ordered not to release anything else about the Duggar family. What if someone was getting a copy of a report they were involved in? For instance if John David got in a fight with some one, does that mean the person who fought with him could not get a copy of the report that was made?

The thing with the Duggars is, there were reports made in more than just the Springdale Police Dept. And who ordered this gag?

Yeah just read about this on gawker. I hope they do sue, it'll be interesting if it ever actually makes it to court because the proceedings won't be sealed.

This is interesting.

Up until now I thought their show would continue, at least in some fashion, but I don't think TLC will want any of them now that there's a lawsuit going on.

I wonder why the non family person would sue now. This would surely make her name public, i guess. Although locally people may know who she is. She is perhaps feeling angry at this stage. I don't know. What a huge mess for all of the people Josh hurt with his behavior. :nenner: :nenner:

Just been thinking about all this civil lawsuit stuff.

So this is a family friend who got molested by Josh, someone who used to baby sit at the house and sleep on the couch.

(insert story written in a "letter" and stuffed in a book for someone else to find and send to Oprah).

What I'm thinking:

1. The Duggars are really falling out of grace in the community to the point this woman felt okay about "coming out" without being shunned or hated by others in their circle.

2. She wants to sue Josh and his parents. Josh is really screwed now: he's unemployed and living in a wrecked foreclosed house. And he has a $14 K outstanding IRS bill. Seems like her real targets therefore are the parents, who have money and also probably made her shut up all these years by pressuring community members. She's probably furious after watching the interviews on TV and unable to have her say unless she steps up and goes on camera.

3. A civil lawsuit means not only a chance of her getting some money off the Duggars, but also exposing all their lies and deception. All of Josh's crimes will be revealed under oath.

4. :popcorn2: Duggars better lawyer up.

Well, so much for Jill and Jessa trying to act like everything was forgiven on the part of the victims. Clearly not.

Although I do imagine whoever the victim is is probably very embarassed to have this be national news, and I really don't blame her in the slightest. I hope she can get whatever she needs out of boob, mullet, and turd. And he truly is a turd.

I wonder why the non family person would sue now. This would surely make her name public, i guess. Although locally people may know who she is. She is perhaps feeling angry at this stage. I don't know. What a huge mess for all of the people Josh hurt with his behavior. :nenner: :nenner:

Money. The Duggars must have a cache if she is willing to lose her anonymity.

What grounds would the NFV sue on? Just curious.

From Gawker:

"Per InTouch, legal experts believe the non-family victim 'still has the right to sue under Arkansas Code Annotated Section 16-56-130, which allows for a civil action when a sexual abuse victim start to experience the effects of the abuse years later.'"

The entire Duggar circus might need to hit the mission field.

Agreed. Let's see if they all get the hell out of Dodge.

The entire Duggar circus might need to hit the mission field.

Where oh where will they go?!?!?!? I hope it is somewhere with a lot of colleges their children can attend. :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Bringing this over from the Jill thread, where people would rather bicker with each other than practice internet sleuthing:

Sassypants suggested it could indeed be Josh's new house and I found pictures on trulia for comparison: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Arkansas/Si ... 1#photo-17

I think that the baseboards in the bedrooms look the same (Jill video vs. Trulia). Those don't look like common baseboards to me, or at least 8th my area. It looks like they changed the floors and baseboards in the main room (Sierra picture). It looks like stacks of floor wood in the Sierra picture. I also agree that the window looks the same. With all that help, the SS house is probably done and lived in now.

The Donaldson guy has the Duggars all over his instagram https://instagram.com/joe_donaldson_1/ including where he went on their bus to a Republican watch party:

https://instagram.com/p/u_us9SRhGl/

I would be willing to bet it was the FOX interview that caused the NFV to get angry, the timing is about right. What was it that Jill and Jessa said about her? That she didn't even know anything had happened and she had forgiven Josh? What if that was a complete fabrication on their part, how utterly enraging that would be to sit at home and watch those two belittle or trivialize your feelings about what happened.

Archived