IGNORED

Duggars on Megyn Kelly, Friday Night Edition

Destiny

I tried search the thread, but wasn't able to find any posts about it, so I just have to ask.

Megyn asked how old they were when Josh inappropriately touched them. Without thinking, Jill answered "I was 12." How can that be? If I got her birthday right she became 12 years on May 17 2003? So her answer is obviously wrong because Josh was in Little Rock at that time. In fact Jill was still 10 years old when it first happened in march 2002. It's a little unclear to me when Josh stopped the "over the clothes when they were sleeping"-molesting, but I thought it was no longer than July 2002 and then Jill would be no more than 11 years and 2 months old.

Megyn asked very clearly: "So this happened a long time ago. How old were you -- and let me start with you, Jill. How old were you when Josh inappropriately touched you?"

Jill, loud and clear: "I was 12."

What am I missing here?

I looked up their dates of birth, and yeah, Jill's birthday is on May 17th 1991. So in March 2002 she would be 10 years 10 months old.

Jessa would be 9 years 4 months, Jinger would be 8 years 3 months, and Joy would be 4 years 5 months when the parents first found out that Josh was molesting his sisters. Joy was 5 years 5 months at the book incident.

That is just sad :( They were just so little :(

I guess its easy for memories to get distorted at that time though, especially as she was so young, had been brainwashed and coached about how to respond to it, and didn't really remember much from the time it happened.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please. These are grown women who had a choice whether or not to be interviewed. If they are legally capable of signing legal contracts with TLC and reaping the benefits adulthood has to offer, then they are adult enough say no to an interview. I think the interview skewers the notion that these girls are delicate little porcelain dolls that are so fragile they must be protected from themselves.

If the media victimized them that bad, why were they posting smiling selfies of themselves just a day or so afterward? Right after doing the interview, Jill publicly celebrated her infant's two month "Birthday" with her squealing fanbabies.

All of this adds up to them being more pissed about losing their show than they are about what happened to them being publicly known. No, you cannot say on one hand that what happened to you is "no big deal" but on the other, that you feel victimized for people knowing about it. Bullshit. That's them wanting their cake and eating it too. Hope they both got a second helping during that birthday celebration.

So basically, according to you, if ANYTHING is upsetting or traumatizing or makes you angry or sad - you should just shut yourself away in a little box?

I don't understand why they couldn't be incredibly upset about having this all dragged through the media AND want to speak out about it in an interview AND still want to post photos of their kids AND live their lives.

I also don't get why they can't think what Josh did was wrong AND not be defining their entire lives around it.

I guess I am just not understanding why Josh has not come forward. From a PR perspective, it would have been much more effective. He is comfortable in front of a camera, he has experience with giving rehearsed speeches. It seems to me that if he had appeared on camera, and stated the facts: "When I was a child, I was curious about the opposite sex and made some very bad decisions. I inappropriately touched some other children. I confessed to my parents. They got me help with ______, and put safeguards in place to protect the girls in our home. I have asked for forgiveness from both my victims and G-D. It has never happened again. We have all tried to put this dark time in our past, and move forward. For the sake of my sisters, our family would like to not discuss this again."

No we would not have left it alone, but I think a lot of other people would have. I do not know who thought it was a good idea to bring the sisters on camera about it, but it was not a good idea.

Because in this religion men are not required to act manly. They are onky required to claim they are in charge and the women around them must explain away and justify all their faults for them.

Also the Duggars atnthis point know their gravy train will never contain Josh. So there is no reason to produce him.

It is better for them to have perfect parents explain it away and forgiving sisters cry they aren't victims of anyone but the media and that they shouldn't be "punished" ie: remove our gravy train, just because Josh "made a mistake" a thousand years ago.

I looked up their dates of birth, and yeah, Jill's birthday is on May 17th 1991. So in March 2002 she would be 10 years 10 months old.

Jessa would be 9 years 4 months, Jinger would be 8 years 3 months, and Joy would be 4 years 5 months when the parents first found out that Josh was molesting his sisters. Joy was 5 years 5 months at the book incident.

That is just sad :( They were just so little :(

I guess its easy for memories to get distorted at that time though, especially as she was so young, had been brainwashed and coached about how to respond to it, and didn't really remember much from the time it happened.

These girls were far too young to even have breasts. Only a pedophile could get off on fondling the breasts of prepubescent girls.

One of the classic definitions of a teenage pedophile is one who molests children at least five years younger than they are. All of the sisters molested were at least five years younger than Josh, and the only sister who was NOT molested is two years younger than Josh.

The sadness now is that his daughter is five years old and another daughter is on the way.

I think Josh hasn't come forward because he would be asked why he sued DHS or why he made an incest joke. He might also be asked, if the reason was simply procedural, why two lawyers turned down the opportunity to represent him in court. Seems reasonable to draw the conclusion that 1. lawyers don't turn away paying client without a good reason and 2. that if we knew the reasons he sued DHS, it would conflict with his official statement.

It only makes sense to me that Boobchelle, Jessa, and Jill would come forward, because it's easier to deflect criticism by evoking sympathy than it is to respond to pertinent questions about their cooperation with DHS. IMO it appears to me that Megyn did this in two parts because if the public doesn't sympathize with Boobchelle, surely they would sympathize with Jessa and Jill, and people would be more likely to believe the ridiculous idea that the media is somehow more responsible for protecting minors than their idiot parents.

Bullshit. Boobchelle knew that by going on television, they were exposing their daughters to the world after they had been molested. They knew that by repeatedly putting themselves in the public eye, by way of tv shows, interviews, and politics that each time it brought them closer to being discovered. This is squarely on them. The Duggars are antiabortion, they think that women should be responsible for birthing every unborn child no matter how detrimental it is to her own life. Yet Boobchelle and the k'dults are so irresponsible, they keep signing contracts with TLC and participating in politics despite knowing that all this was going to uncovered by someone, eventually. No, you cannot poke your nose into other people's life by denying LGBTQA people basic human rights or compare abortion to the holocaust without someone poking their nose into your life. Pot, meet kettle, fartknockers.

Found the magazine, it was "OK". Though it still fascinates me that the tabloids were good enough for them back in April.

It's funny, they were more than happy to play the media and to be public figures when the majority of the coverage was positive. When they were raking in an income from it all. Now that the skeletons are out of the closet they are crying about 'abuse', 'invasion of privacy' and 'conspiracy'. They are the ones who choose to put their lives out there for the public. I include the adult children as part of the they. They cannot be naive enough to think that making themselves public figures couldn't backfire on them.

I think Josh hasn't come forward because he would be asked why he sued DHS or why he made an incest joke. He might also be asked, if the reason was simply procedural, why two lawyers turned down the opportunity to represent him in court. Seems reasonable to draw the conclusion that 1. lawyers don't turn away paying client without a good reason and 2. that if we knew the reasons he sued DHS, it would conflict with his official statement.

It only makes sense to me that Boobchelle, Jessa, and Jill would come forward, because it's easier to deflect criticism by evoking sympathy than it is to respond to pertinent questions about their cooperation with DHS. IMO it appears to me that Megyn did this in two parts because if the public doesn't sympathize with Boobchelle, surely they would sympathize with Jessa and Jill, and people would be more likely to believe the ridiculous idea that the media is somehow more responsible for protecting minors than their idiot parents.

Bullshit. Boobchelle knew that by going on television, they were exposing their daughters to the world after they had been molested. They knew that by repeatedly putting themselves in the public eye, by way of tv shows, interviews, and politics that each time it brought them closer to being discovered. This is squarely on them. The Duggars are antiabortion, they think that women should be responsible for birthing every unborn child no matter how detrimental it is to her own life. Yet Boobchelle and the k'dults are so irresponsible, they keep signing contracts with TLC and participating in politics despite knowing that all this was going to uncovered by someone, eventually. No, you cannot poke your nose into other people's life by denying LGBTQA people basic human rights or compare abortion to the holocaust without someone poking their nose into your life. Pot, meet kettle, fartknockers.

I wonder if Josh's mental state is such that he can't speak publicly. He's fallen a long way in a very short time. He was a big deal in right wing circles, giving speeches to adoring audiences, going to fancy parties where candidates sought him out for photos and public support. Now he's a pariah who will never have much of a career, no one's seeking him out our flattering him. He has four kids to support with no prospects. Who knows what his wife has said to him privately, especially if his pre-courting "confession" to her and her family wasn't entirely honest. And who knows what J'chelle and Jim Boob have said to him privately.

I wonder if Josh's mental state is such that he can't speak publicly. He's fallen a long way in a very short time. He was a big deal in right wing circles, giving speeches to adoring audiences, going to fancy parties where candidates sought him out for photos and public support. Now he's a pariah who will never have much of a career, no one's seeking him out our flattering him. He has four kids to support with no prospects. Who knows what his wife has said to him privately, especially if his pre-courting "confession" to her and her family wasn't entirely honest. And who knows what J'chelle and Jim Boob have said to him privately.

I don't think JBM would care what his mental capacity was right now if his appearance meant they could keep the show but I do not think it is out of.the realm of possibility that he is in a very dark place right now.

It is also entirely possible he doesn't think this is a big deal at all and god always provides and he will come out of this better than before. Afterall that is pretty much what JBM said would happen.

I'm pretty sure that Josh hasn't said anything publicly because of the legal ramifications. Right now even though the entire country knows and there's a police report all that is based on what Boob and DQ and later the girls said (and they mostly said the couldn't remember). If someone comes out and rightly or wrongly accuses him of molesting them recently his statements would be on the record. Everyone elses statements are third or fourth hand. Once he admits anything it's an admission. (Boob is dumb but not that dumb).

Can't bring myself to watch the Friday night spectacle in full yet... but just reading the stuff here... wow.

Really wonder if the attention of all this will bring out any more skeletons in the Duggar closet, if they exist.

I see, I guess it might be both.Sshe almost didn't remember her age at the beginning of the interview. I also was just thinking it could be a "I was asleep, remember? And it was just a stupid mistake and all is forgiven and forgotten, so no wonder I don't remember how old I was, it doesn't matter"-answer/statement.

Or it could have happened again when she was 12...just saying.

So basically, according to you, if ANYTHING is upsetting or traumatizing or makes you angry or sad - you should just shut yourself away in a little box?

Obviously, IF it were according to me - I would have said so myself, without you needing to put words in my mouth. But you sailed that ship, not me.

I don't understand why they couldn't be incredibly upset about having this all dragged through the media AND want to speak out about it in an interview AND still want to post photos of their kids AND live their lives.

I don't understand why, if they were so upset, it wouldn't reflect in their ACTIONS before and after being supposedly devastated by what was happening to them. I need a reason to believe something about someone, not just leg humping speculation.

I also don't get why they can't think what Josh did was wrong AND not be defining their entire lives around it.

Who said anything about them defining their ENTIRE lives around what Josh did? How about, instead of acting like molestation is no biggie for the past two weeks, they actually show they give a damn as much as they say they do?

The duggars gotten a custom to a lifestyle that wasn't going to last forever. Jimbob is horrible with money. He never had any of this growing up. Didn't he grow up poor? His father made bad financial decisions. Nobody pay the Duggars any attention until the show. People were interested in their lifestyle. As the kids got older people want to see how the kids will raise their kids differently. The duggars never thought something like this would ever happen to them. They thought the show would probably last for a while. People wouldn't turn on them but they did. This family is very arrogant and sheltered. To the general public they sounded like assholes. I won't be surprised that JB doesn't have a lot left in his bank account. I mean the plane, designer clothes, mac books, American girl dolls, cars all add up. This is why lotto winners go broke after a few years.

Jessa Blessa and Jilly Muffin need to grow up and start making their own income. These people think they deserve this show. How can two talentless jobless uneducated girls have their own show. Thumpers like to point out the Kardashians but at least Kris does have to put in work for her 10% Duggars don't do shit but pop out babies and get married. All stuff normal people do. Jess and Jill need to face the real world and stop living off the show. JimChelle need to provide for their family instead of pimping out their kids.

I have been musing over how this family could use a professional counselor. Their twisted thinking in every way possible would be a huge hurdle to get over for a counselor. Their sexual attitudes, God forgives, men are headships......where is their room in that cult-thought for professional emotional help?

And sadly Gothardites will go on and on for the forseeable future. Sad.

I was thinking the same thing. Therapy is a long process and at one point, it involves emotions, your deeper more personal thoughts and feelings. It will not involved Jesus, the scriptures and Gothard. Not only does a counselor would need to go over that, their whole way of thinking is just so twisted. All the mental acrobatics and intellectual turns we saw on the interviews must be impossible to understand from an outside point-of-view.

And (sadly) I don't think the Duggar girls could actually go beyond that at the moment. They are so wrapped up in their cult-like mentality. It's sad in a way. If they needed to see a counselor, I think it could only be in a few years from now.

Jessa Blessa and Jilly Muffin need to grow up and start making their own income. These people think they deserve this show. How can two talentless jobless uneducated girls have their own show. Thumpers like to point out the Kardashians but at least Kris does have to put in work for her 10% Duggars don't do shit but pop out babies and get married. All stuff normal people do. Jess and Jill need to face the real world and stop living off the show. JimChelle need to provide for their family instead of pimping out their kids.

Like you said, the Kardashians are a bad comparison. I don't adore them or anything. But a) their kids have been exposed (in more ways than one, haha) to the outside world, b) they've been given some sort of education, c) they've been allowed to hold jobs (even if it's mainly spokesperson/model/fashionista), and d) at least they don't claim their reality show is a ministry! :disgust:

I'll agree too that the Duggars didn't anticipate how long the gravy train would go on, and are living beyond their means even now. Reality's probably going to hit very hard when the reality show stops... I just feel bad for the kids. :(

Like you said, the Kardashians are a bad comparison. I don't adore them or anything. But a) their kids have been exposed (in more ways than one, haha) to the outside world, b) they've been given some sort of education, c) they've been allowed to hold jobs (even if it's mainly spokesperson/model/fashionista), and d) at least they don't claim their reality show is a ministry! :disgust:

I'll agree too that the Duggars didn't anticipate how long the gravy train would go on, and are living beyond their means even now. Reality's probably going to hit very hard when the reality show stops... I just feel bad for the kids. :(

And actually, at the very least, Kim is pretty entrepreneurial. She has a very popular mobile game, a lot of endorsements, some beauty products, a lifestyle website, and then she promotes the hell out of herself. And before she really blew up as a famous reality star, she worked as a personal assistant for Paris Hilton. She's not the smartest lady on earth, but she definitely has a mind for business and PR and a hell of a work ethic. AND she's very accepting of transgender people.

That's far more than I can say for the Duggars.

These girls were far too young to even have breasts. Only a pedophile could get off on fondling the breasts of prepubescent girls.

One of the classic definitions of a teenage pedophile is one who molests children at least five years younger than they are. All of the sisters molested were at least five years younger than Josh, and the only sister who was NOT molested is two years younger than Josh.

The sadness now is that his daughter is five years old and another daughter is on the way.

He is 3.2 years older than Jill. 4.8 years older than Jessa. Josh had just turned 14 that month, not old enough to be considered a pedophile. I guess he had just turned 15 when the last incidents happened.

Kim also didn't cry she was a victim when her sex tape was released by her ex. She just used it to her advantage.

Kim also didn't cry she was a victim when her sex tape was released by her ex. She just used it to her advantage.

Crying WAS to the Duggar girls' advantage.

It's just too bad that the parents', girls' and police reports were not all in agreement. With so many inconsistencies it makes people question the girls' and the family's motives in all of this.

It's just too bad that the parents', girls' and police reports were not all in agreement. With so many inconsistencies it makes people question the girls' and the family's motives in all of this.

Perhaps I'm just being cynical, but I think if the molestation coming out would have secured the collective Duggars more $$$ and opportunity; we wouldn't have been watching the same interview we did Friday night.

I guess they didnt think it through.

Perhaps I'm just being cynical, but I think if the molestation coming out would have secured the collective Duggars more $$$ and opportunity; we wouldn't have been watching the same interview we did Friday night.

Assuming they were smart enough to play it. But they weren't.

They should have come out saying it happened, it wasn't easy, they grew through it, we will be releasing a book aboit how jesus helped us, helped our family. We want to show the world we aren't victims and help others get through this. Help parents knkw how to help children who have been through this.

But instead they went full throttle denial and blame shifting which most people don't appreciate.

They sound exactly like many girls that I encounter in the 11-14 year old range, instead of being in their twenties.

This reminds me of a "rule" my friend's mom had: if you're too immature to use the proper words for sex and sex organs, you're too immature to have sex.

Assuming they were smart enough to play it. But they weren't.

They should have come out saying it happened, it wasn't easy, they grew through it, we will be releasing a book aboit how jesus helped us, helped our family. We want to show the world we aren't victims and help others get through this. Help parents knkw how to help children who have been through this.

But instead they went full throttle denial and blame shifting which most people don't appreciate.

I was actually shocked that they didn't do just what you suggested, but then at the end of the interview when both JB AND M starting talking about agendas, possible judicial bribes and a way for a prisoner to secure an early release, you just knew the wheels were coming off the wagon.

Archived