IGNORED

Duggars on Megyn Kelly, Friday Night Edition

Destiny

ETA: I don't know if this was posted while I was trying to submit this post originally, but it's pretty funny deadstate.org/dr-keith-ablow-dismantles-christian-pastor-josh-duggar-fits-the-profile-of-a-pedophile/

Keith Ablow is great here. And that pastor is an absolute idiot.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Side Hug Sepia

Rapture Rose :dance:

I was honestly wondering if she got lip injections though. JB and Moochelle definitely got botox, it's not too far out of the question.

How come God isn't telling them to forgive those who (in their opinion) wronged them? Ie inTouch magazine,the police sheriff, evil liberals, haters, etc

I was honestly wondering if she got lip injections though. JB and Moochelle definitely got botox, it's not too far out of the question.

JB might just have some facial muscle atrophy due to hairspray overuse.

For those of you who missed The Interview, Fox News aired it again tonight. I'm guessing they'll show it again tomorrow. It's like Kim Kardashian's second wedding two-parter. E! aired one or both parts just about every day until the separation announcement.

Hi hi, new poster. I'm watching this on the fox news site and something struck me... When Megyn asked Jessa "You had no memory of it?" Jessa doesn't outright say she has no memory of it. She says "I-I didn't know, I didn't understand "this is what's happened.' until my parents told me." I don't know. It seems like a way to organize words to keep from condemning Josh further or to not admit she does have memories. :think:

Here is the link and the part I am referencing is right at 7:01

insider.foxnews.com/2015/06/05/megyn-kelly-interview-duggar-sisters-jill-dillard-and-jessa-seewald-defend-josh-after

I caught that one & a few others similar. There were no direct answers to the questions... They're shaky but learned well from politician daddy. Side step, side step... Cry, now spin....sidestep,sidestep,CRY,spin.... y'all didn't know I could dance didja?

I feel like this interview is pretty much telling would-be peds that it really isn't "that bad" for the victims. I mean look at these glossed and lovely ladies saying how it was wrong but they barely knew. Isn't this kind of giving other predators a pass? I feel like this will encourage them.

Please TLC, let the show go.

Hi hi, new poster. I'm watching this on the fox news site and something struck me... When Megyn asked Jessa "You had no memory of it?" Jessa doesn't outright say she has no memory of it. She says "I-I didn't know, I didn't understand "this is what's happened.' until my parents told me." I don't know. It seems like a way to organize words to keep from condemning Josh further or to not admit she does have memories. :think:

Here is the link and the part I am referencing is right at 7:01

insider.foxnews.com/2015/06/05/megyn-kelly-interview-duggar-sisters-jill-dillard-and-jessa-seewald-defend-josh-after

I noticed this at the time as well and didn't know what to make of it.

I feel like this interview is pretty much telling would-be peds that it really isn't "that bad" for the victims. I mean look at these glossed and lovely ladies saying how it was wrong but they barely knew. Isn't this kind of giving other predators a pass? I feel like this will encourage them.

If TLC doesn't have the gumption to break it off, the show will surely starve of advertisers. The process has already been going, and hopefully this joke of an "interview" is the last nail in the coffin. Not much to see except a lot of blame shifting and vilifying In Touch Weekly for telling the truth about their twisted family. Oh, and some repurposed tears squeezed out in the mourning for losing their show flicked in the direction of In Touch Weekly for ruining their celebrity status. These people are, beyond a doubt, a profoundly selfish and toxic influence. No amount of smirking, smizing, and lip gloss can gloss over the horrible entitlement behind their statements.

Any doubt I had about the girls getting a spin off show is gone thanks to that interview. I can't imagine any corporation wanting to be known as the company that gives a platform to backwards fartknockers that think touching little girls for "only a few seconds" is somehow more palatable than "other crimes." Being a victim of "other crimes," I find that attitude reprehensible and offensive. It always starts out as a touch here and there.

The scary thing is, because they're a couple of pretty white girls minimizing what Josh did and blaming the media, they will be seen as the "default victims," i.e. if it didn't bother Jessa and Jill Duggar, it shouldn't bother anyone else. Look at the delicate flowers that told us so, and since we're smitten with their privilege we should listen, right? Don't you dare judge them for making the same round-about argument a predator might make when grooming his victims. :roll:

edited for clarity.

I understand what you are saying, but I doubt the Pedophiles really worry nor care about how the children feel anyway. I think this could be more detrimental to victims of abuse. I think it sends the message to other victims.. "Just get over it".. "Move on".. "Forgive your molester". I think it certainly minimizes how abuse makes the victims feel, how the abuse is a life altering situation that has horrible ramifications for most victims. I also think this could stop people from coming forward, watching the Duggars an abuse victim might think.. "if I tell, it could destroy our family"... "If this gets out, nobody will understand me"... "If I don't forgive my abuser, I'm a bad person". So really, in my opinion this sets victims back more than the actual abuser.

I am truly speechless. All they did, in both interviews was downplay the molestation. Downplay the severity. Nobody took any responsibility. But they made sure to drill it into our heads that the parents were praised for how they handled this. Josh is forgiven and the girls are victimized again.

They sidestepped every question calling out their hypocrisy. Fuck them. I don't agree with their lifestyle. But I live and let live. Not my place to impose my logic on them.

The only anger anyone showed was towards the big bad media. Because they are out to get them. Are they fucking kidding me? Their very livelihood depends on media and public perception. But they had no problem shitting on that.

They are on a network that gives us such groundbreaking shows like: Little People, Big World. My 600 Pound Life. Toddlers and Tiaras. Honey Boo Boo. Jon and Kate. Curvy brides. Amish people. Sister Wives. Long Island Medium. Plus more shows about little people, fat people, Amish people and big families.

They are the 21st century version of a circus sideshow. How do they not realize this? Did they think they were filming a groundbreaking documentary all of this time?

Their cluelessness would almost be endearing, if they weren't such hypocritical assholes.

I was thinking the same thing. J'Chelle's skin looks smoother than ever (remember how they take their kids to a plastic surgeon to keep the old "countenance" scar-free?), her teeth are whiter than ever, and she's wearing more makeup than ever. Guess if she needs a job she can get one on Fox News now because she's looking more like all the plastic fantastic babes they hire on Fox.

Mullet Mauve

Jinger Jloss

Safeguard Strawberry

I feel like some news stations, talk shows, whatever should arrange interviews with molestation victims, whether they be famous faces or just everyday people, to counter the message this situation is putting out there and provide alternative perspectives on people's experiences. It's really, really not okay that the message that molestation is no biggie, and reporting sexual abuse can only ruin your future is being put out there.

I recorded Friday's DR Drew and I think he did an excellent job on Answering questions, blasting Gothard, and basically counteracting

The Duggar white-washing of molestation.

Mullet Mauve

Jinger Jloss

Safeguard Strawberry

Courtship Coral

Hey,Hey,Hey Hot Pink

Buddy Blush

Tantalizing Tator Tot

Heavenly Home Birth

Pickle Plum Crazy

Bikini Mowing Mulberry

Season of Life Salmon

Interesting to see some posters (several pages back now!) talking about how immature most of the Duggars seem. I was thinking about that the other day after the first Megyn (I cannot deal with these “creatively†spelled names) interview with Boob and Michelle the other night. You know how kids often go through that phase where they will deny doing things that they were caught red handed doing? (Broken lamp? What lamp? Oh this? Yeah, it was my invisible friend. Etc.) Some people take a little longer than others to fully get over this phase, particularly when under stress. Hell, I remember a shameful episode of my own in University where I dug myself into a very uncomfortable corner by lying about a paper that I hadn’t started, let alone already handed in (as I claimed to have done.) I panicked and kept on lying until I realized that I could make all the fear and stress go away by being honest and owning my mistake. It was not an easy thing to admit to or to fix, but it needed to be done. It was a valuable lesson and one that probably marked the start of any real maturity that I have achieved since. The Duggars are still back at the point where they lie to cover up more lies. They really seem like a severe case of arrested development. Yes, people make mistakes (and calling what Josh did a “mistake†is just one of JB and Michelle’s mistakes.) You don’t fix anything by minimising or denying the damage and proceeding straight to forgiveness. Own your shit people, then maybe you can get some real help and start the healing process for the people and family dynamics that you have messed up!

I really wasn't expecting maturity from Jill and Jessa. They are married women in their twenties, but they have been fed ATI junk thinking all their lives, so not surprising that they sound so infantile. Plenty of others have speculated on why they gave this interview, so I won't get into that. All I can say is that I hope that one day they are able to fully process what has happened and do it with the help of REAL counselling.

I understand what you are saying, but I doubt the Pedophiles really worry nor care about how the children feel anyway. I think this could be more detrimental to victims of abuse. I think it sends the message to other victims.. "Just get over it".. "Move on".. "Forgive your molester". I think it certainly minimizes how abuse makes the victims feel, how the abuse is a life altering situation that has horrible ramifications for most victims. I also think this could stop people from coming forward, watching the Duggars an abuse victim might think.. "if I tell, it could destroy our family"... "If this gets out, nobody will understand me"... "If I don't forgive my abuser, I'm a bad person". So really, in my opinion this sets victims back more than the actual abuser.

Absolutely it goes both ways. Minimizing all of this ESPECIALLY from a family that maximizes every pre-marital consentual touch is really terrible. This is probably the worst use of their platform I have ever seen. This is so damaging because it minimizes how victims should feel, and justifies any ped's actions as "not that bad".

I realize they were trying to "save face" and do something to bring some semblance of a reputation back to their brother. But this was so very wrong. Honestly Josh Duggar is in a mess of a problem. Anna Duggar...I just...I can't imagine. If he truly has not done anything of this nature for 12 years then yes he does deserve to move on and live his life. If he has changed then that really is a great thing. I hope it is true. And I hope his family can have a normal life again. Only the people closest to him know the answer to who the real Josh Duggar is now.

What she's doing is oversexualizing and promoting the stigma that Black men are inherently violently. By saying f*ck them with a big black dick is saying that Black men are endowed enough to cause physical harm which is what she wishes on the Duggars

I disagree. Many people don't like to think of themselves as racist but the truth comes out in little comments like that.

I don't understand how JimChelle could still reproduce and have time for any sex with this situation back in 2002. Worry about your kids.

The shit reminds me of fundie colleges throwing abuse under the rug and blaming their victims.

More Duggar secrets are to come. These people got what they deserved. Judging others but now others are judging them it's all let's pray for forgiveness. I feel for the kids but Ben and Jessa going in on atheists and Catholics it's hard to sympathize with how the media is calling them out. Just like Josh and Anna and using their unborn baby girl in an abortion ad

Interesting to see some posters (several pages back now!) talking about how immature most of the Duggars seem. I was thinking about that the other day after the first Megyn (I cannot deal with these “creatively†spelled names) interview with Boob and Michelle the other night. You know how kids often go through that phase where they will deny doing things that they were caught red handed doing? (Broken lamp? What lamp? Oh this? Yeah, it was my invisible friend. Etc.) Some people take a little longer than others to fully get over this phase, particularly when under stress. Hell, I remember a shameful episode of my own in University where I dug myself into a very uncomfortable corner by lying about a paper that I hadn’t started, let alone already handed in (as I claimed to have done.) I panicked and kept on lying until I realized that I could make all the fear and stress go away by being honest and owning my mistake. It was not an easy thing to admit to or to fix, but it needed to be done. It was a valuable lesson and one that probably marked the start of any real maturity that I have achieved since. The Duggars are still back at the point where they lie to cover up more lies. They really seem like a severe case of arrested development. Yes, people make mistakes (and calling what Josh did a “mistake†is just one of JB and Michelle’s mistakes.) You don’t fix anything by minimising or denying the damage and proceeding straight to forgiveness. Own your shit people, then maybe you can get some real help and start the healing process for the people and family dynamics that you have messed up!

I really wasn't expecting maturity from Jill and Jessa. They are married women in their twenties, but they have been fed ATI junk thinking all their lives, so not surprising that they sound so infantile. Plenty of others have speculated on why they gave this interview, so I won't get into that. All I can say is that I hope that one day they are able to fully process what has happened and do it with the help of REAL counselling.

You know you do bring up some good points. I think we've seen how some parts of the Duggar lifestyle forces maturity on kids by making them grow up too fast (at least the girls), you see the girls raise babies at a young age, cook and clean when they are just kids themselves. But how they view the World is blurred because they've been forced to view it through a sheltered plastic bubble. Most of us learned early on that there is a big World out there that is not always nice. We've learned through school or holding jobs in the public that the public will scrutinize you. You have to answer to people who are not your parents at times and by lying and trying to worm you way out of situations it will just make it worse. I guess you can call it life experience which for the most part the Duggar children don't get to experience. All of the Duggar kids even when they get out on their own are still enmeshed with their dysfunctional family. They view the World only through the eyes of their parents and they can't accept it when they have a hard blow and realize not everyone is going to like you and not everyone is going to be okay with the way you live your life. Sadly the Duggar children are poorly prepared for the outside World, the rose colored glasses have finally come off and in the worst way imaginable.

Archived