IGNORED

The Duggar Interview - With Megyn Kelly

twin2

Josh had to call and notify the babysitter because she didn't know- she was asleep. I keep hearing the emphasis on the girls being alsleep. So that makes it okay?

Oh, and the streaming link- thank you! I am in Canada and watching this train wreck.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JOSH is 27 or 28 years old. WHY is he not the one answering for his own actions in part of this " interview"? That's what I would ask first of all. Where's his accountability??

DAMN GOOD QUESTION!!

M&JB. Jill and Jessa. The rest of the family. But no Josh???

Unacceptable. Period.

Jim Bob is despicable. He is a rehearsed politician, not a father. He will barely let Michelle get a word in.

I can't even believe one of his excuses is "other families keep telling us this happens to them too and their sons do worse!" Yeah, you're right Jim Bob, there is a pattern of abuse in your community, thanks for pointing it out!

she's asking the right questions but her follow-through is HORRIBLE

Sometimes, yeah. That "I'm asking you as a father of your daughters" was GREAT but she let him skirt by that. I guess hard crack downs aren't happening here.

oh screw that saying 'the victims didn't know what it meant' by that logic there's nothing wrong with sexually or physically abusing children because 'they don't know what it means' ... oh wait that IS what the Duggars think.

Still loving these american ads though lol! It's so different!

I'm probably going to have to write my thoughts down and bring them here later. This thread is moving faster than the pages can load. I literally hit submit on my last comment at least 15 times. Gah!

I hope someone makes a blog post or news article about all the horrible statements that seem to be happening here.

Pretty sure Buzzard and Gawker will tear into it later on tonight.

I'm honestly a little surprised at the questions she's asking. I think these are tougher than the Duggars thought they would be. But I agree with SportsgalAnnie - she's not following through well, especially not on that therapy question when Jim Bob said he took Josh to the police and nothing about counseling.

I think we can maybe agree that that, right there, means there was no real counseling.

I almost never drink but I may have to buy a bottle of something to get me through watching the full interview Friday.

Fingers crossed people will see through their charade, bring the gravy train down, and get some actual help for these kids!

JOSH is 27 or 28 years old. WHY is he not the one answering for his own actions in part of this " interview"? That's what I would ask first of all. Where's his accountability??

Because he's afraid he'll get an erection on national TV while talking about it....

My parents, who don't know anything about the Duggars thought the claim that other parents told them the same thing happened in their families was bull. They said it looked like even Michelle didn't believe him.

I thought the claim that the girls didn't know he had done anything wrong, even after the incidents when they were awake was terrifying. Can you imagine not knowing appropriate and inappropriate touching? What if one of the girls had responded that someone else had touched them there besides Josh?

Sometimes, yeah. That "I'm asking you as a father of your daughters" was GREAT but she let him skirt by that. I guess hard crack downs aren't happening here.

Yes...and the editing is so weird. It makes me wonder if there was some agreement that they had to allow Megyn's questions but Boob got final editing or something. They never give a complete answer...and she never asks a follow-up.

THE VICTIMS DID KNOW! THE REPORT ASKED THEM ABOUT BAD TOUCH AND GOOD TOUCH AND THEY ALL ANSWERED PROPERLY. THAT IS SUCH BULL.

I hope someone makes a blog post or news article about all the horrible statements that seem to be happening here.

I bet this will be one of the most quoted interviews of the year. Think about how many times Josh's one comment over a week ago has been in different articles and blogs.

Every word Jim Bob says will be picked over. Whoever he paid to coach them didn't do a great job.

This is disgusting.

Jim Bob:

-Your son molested his sisters and a babysitter. That's not a 'normal' thing and seeing that in other families you know says more about your cult than anything.

-Getting him to call the babysitter who didn't know is so inappropriate. That was not an okay way for her to find out. She needed support ready for her when she found that out, not an expectation that she immediately forgive Josh because ~jesus~.

-Your daughters are more important here. I understand that you want to protect your son from 'ruining his life' or anything, but your daughters are the victims here. They deserve your attention and love and help far, far more than Josh.

Does anyone else wonder if the 2-day gap is to do final edits on the Friday interview based on reaction to tonight?

The leghumpers that are watching this can't be eating up what they're saying. This is going so horribly. It can't be gaining them supporters!

The Gothard legacy will be a long line of fucked up families because they blame the victim and glorify the abuser.

If I had DVR I would be recording this so I could properly debunk each lie, one by one.

I hope someone does.

Didn't JB say before that they went to the local police? Now he's saying state police? Jesus Christ, he can't even get his facts correct.

Fixed my riffles

"what's best for your child" Not Children??!?!?!? ARE YOU SURE?

Is anyone really pissing everyone in their house off?

My dog is hiding under the bed :(

This was is exactly my question -- do they even have this level of cultural awareness?

JB&M? Sure. They had actual lives at one point. Their kids? No fucking way.

Jim Bob speculating that the cop in prison lied about the detail Josh gave to get earlier parole.....

Archived