IGNORED

The Duggar Interview - With Megyn Kelly

twin2

How did the girls "not know" and "not remember" what happened to them; but in the police report, one of the girls burst out crying and the others told police what they remembered?

Stop letting actual facts get in the way of their tale of woe and persecution! :violin:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't speak for the young Josh Duggar, the youth who was scared and confused about what his own body was doing to him as he matured, and how he was shamed by his parents for feeling any natural sexual urges as he moved toward adulthood. He may have been genuinely sorry for what he did to his sisters. On the other hand, he may have only be sorry to be caught, depending on one's interpretation of matters.

But right now, at this moment, Josh Duggar is no man. Right now, he does the unforgivable and refuses to speak. He sends the sisters that he wronged into the national spotlight to weep for him; to bleed, once again, as they are cut thousands of times by the media that has exposed their story and their brother's sins, and now they have been instructed to advocate on his behalf and protect him.

Josh allows the women in his family to be sacrificed for his sins, letting them be cut open and laid bare for all the world to see, against their will. If he was any kind of man, he would speak up and tell them he is sorry, that he was wrong for hurting them and that he shouldn't have allowed them to try and protect him now, when the only right thing to do is to come forward and fight his own battle.

But no. Josh won't ever do any such thing, because he is not a man...in every sense of the word.

The only thing that matters to those Duggars is that the money continues. They put the money over all, even the married daughters and their husbands are on board with the ploy. JB has that much control over the entire dysfunctional unit.

The girls are willing to go on TV and say, cry, mumble whatever, just as their parents did, in order to continue the easy money.

It's dysfunctional, group, cult think.

Money talks and all else walks... integrity, character, truth, purity does not matter.

It's brainwashing, pure and simple.

What lawsuit?

In Touch released it pursuant to a FOIA act. Whether it was improperly released isnt their issue, they got it properly.

Police and county attorney - unless they can prove malice (which they cant because I believe the release was legal), they are protected by sovereign immunity.

MAYBE they can sue the county, but that would be a pretty tough road considering that there is no evidence that the record was sealed.

In Touch posted a fantastic article about an hour ago called "Duggar Interview: 7 Crucial Facts They Didn't Tell You - The Cover-Up Continues": http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/dugg ... nues-59917

One of the points is that they weren't illegally obtained and how they weren't illegally obtained. So I don't think any lawsuit will ever hold up.

My facebook feed is showing yet more anti-Duggars, Anti-thisinterview articles.

also when I turned on the tube this morning CNN was in full on trash of FoxNews over the interview & contents with 2 anchors, someone else and a guy who used to work for People. They were undecided on InTouch's actions (specifically minor's sealed records) and discussed Jill/Jessa saying they were victims and what they really meant by that statement.

AIEEEEYAH, those records were not sealed! They were not supposed to be sealed!

I told my mom this (she doesn't like Duggars but does like Fox) and she said "But Megyn Kelly said they were sealed, and she's a lawyer!" I had to remind Mom that I'm also a law school graduate, and I read the law, and Megyn Kelly was wrong. Mom is of the opinion that if it was said on Fox News it must be true. ILU Mom, but damn.

I can't speak for the young Josh Duggar, the youth who was scared and confused about what his own body was doing to him as he matured, and how he was shamed by his parents for feeling any natural sexual urges as he moved toward adulthood. He may have been genuinely sorry for what he did to his sisters. On the other hand, he may have only be sorry to be caught, depending on one's interpretation of matters.

This made me put this in a possible new light. We've discussed it from the repression of all things sexual, but-- I almost wonder if the confessions were a way to get attention from his parents, too. Even horribly bad attention is better than no attention at all when momma keeps having more babies that make you less and less important to her. As JB said in the interview, he started taking Josh to work with him, and they were supervising things more.

What a tangled web the Duggers wove. So many willful lies (from the procreators and eldest) and so many lies that the rest of them have believed as truth.

I want to be optimistic about justice being served, but...It would still be a losing game for everyone younger than Jana.

Speaking of lawsuits...

Could the fifth victim (who I do not know/do not want to speculate about) sue Josh as well as his parents in civil court? Specifically JB & Michelle for allowing Josh to continue molesting girls after he'd confessed, once...twice...three times?

Is there a statute of limitations as far as civil suits for pain and suffering? I sure hope not.

This made me put this in a possible new light. We've discussed it from the repression of all things sexual, but-- I almost wonder if the confessions were a way to get attention from his parents, too. Even horribly bad attention is better than no attention at all when momma keeps having more babies that make you less and less important to her. As JB said in the interview, he started taking Josh to work with him, and they were supervising things more.

VERY good point!!!

And remember more kids meant more than just less attention, it meant MORE work for the older kids and MORE chaos, which likely meant more out of control, angry, resentful parents. What freaking CF- Gothardism sucks.

Speaking of lawsuits...

Could the fifth victim (who I do not know/do not want to speculate about) sue Josh as well as his parents in civil court? Specifically JB & Michelle for allowing Josh to continue molesting girls after he'd confesses, once...twice...three times?

Is there a statute of limitations as far as civil suits for pain and suffering? I sure hope not.

Those parents certainly just protected their own- no thought to the fact that this kid might go on to offend others.

And if these folks are also uber religious, not a good reflection on whatever brand of religion that might be.

All these folks need to drop the religious reference. It's just crass.

What you obviously care about is power and money than doing what's morally right.

It's been said, but I still can't believe that the girls, *victims*, are being put on tv to speak, and Josh is nowhere to be seen. It's like Josh is the victim. Uh, NO.

So the little shit has no problem with letting his sisters cry their eyes out on national television and defend his ass when they were the ones done wrong?

Because he's afraid he'll get an erection on national TV while talking about it....

Because any good interviewer would have asked on-camera if there were any other victims and if he has molested since.

We ALL KNOW why he's refusing to appear on camera.

So, In Touch has proof the Duggars were informed of the FOI release.

Interesting.

I hope they release that evidence.

We need to nip this "illegally released" in the bud before it becomes some people's version of the truth.

I would really love to know how someone sleeps through someone else fingering their vagina. Hell, if my husband rolls over and touches my arm, it wakes me up. Granted, I'm a light sleeper, but still.

In the police report, I swear it said that one of the girls told on Josh, but now the girls were asleep and didn't even know it happened.

I know that whatever did happen is so much much worse than they are letting on. These people are lying sacks of shit. :wtf:

The sad thing is, their son molesting their daughters and anyone else just plays right into their beliefs that men can't help themselves around women and women better cover up. It's maddening. They'll just go on believing precious Joshy was just curious about girl's bodies because he is male and thank God a hetero sexual male and we just need to be careful that's all. No real harm done. All teenage boys are curious about their baby sister's private parts. They're just being red-blooded hetero American males after all. What are ya gonna do? :angry-banghead:

I thought one of the saddest things was when they talked about how the youngest (Joy at 5 yo) had no clue what was going on.

In their household with modesty being front and center and with 'defrauding' being front and center, how do they think she was so unknowing. If anything they put private parts into such a realm of craziness that I think it is well known that there is some problem with private parts from a young age.

And that Josh putting his hands under their dress? Was not a problem or wouldn't seem wierd in this entire scenario? Gimme a break. Filling children with false information or craziness is still knowing something was wrong with the situation.

I believe that they could have slept through it. I woke up mid-rape when I was 15, sleeping over at my friend's house. It was her older brother. I have no idea what he did or for how long before I woke up.

I have been so worried about the fifth girl. Imagine getting that call? Maybe I'm imputing my own shit to her but to find out way later that things were definitely done to you and you'll never ever know what? How does she ever feel safe? 30 years later I am still beating my self up for being able to sleep through god knows what-and at least I know what happened for the most part. She has no idea what, or how often, or anything. UGH. And now it seems the older girls were under much the same circumstance - they found out what? A year later?

I'm so upset that they actually went with the 'it's ok because they were sleeping thing.'

I have been the fifth girl. When I was 14, my mom came into the room and told me she had to talk to me about my friend's father. My friend's parents were divorced and she only visited her father occasionally on weekends and she liked to have friends over so I had slept at his house at least 3 times, actually having spent the entire weekend there. Anyway, my mom came in and said he had been arrested because my friend had found hidden cameras throughout his house, including in bathroom and shower (unfortunately since I had stayed there an entire weekend I did shower there and was identified on one of the videos). Not only that, but he would give us what he said were "vitamins" before bed. Well, my friend started noticing how theses pills affected her and kept one and later gave it to the police to analyze. Turned out it was ambien(sleeping pill). It was never confirmed if I had been molested(hopefully nothing more than that) by him or not, at the time I really didn't want to know. I still don't want to know. It was shocking and heartbreaking to watch my friend(and her younger sister) have to deal with this with him being their own father. Honestly, it doesn't affect me much day to day. The only time it ever affected me was when I saw the bastard out in public after he served his minimal sentence of 3 years in prison (they told me there were so many counts against him that there was no need for me to testify, they said he would likely get 30 years). So while I know everyone handles situations differently, I am hoping she wasn't too affected by it since she didn't have any memory of it and did not have to sleep in the same house with Josh ever again. The Duggar girls on the other hand....I can't imagine having to see your abuser every day, knowing you are sleeping under the same roof...never knowing what they did or didn't do to you.

Speaking of lawsuits...

Could the fifth victim (who I do not know/do not want to speculate about) sue Josh as well as his parents in civil court? Specifically JB & Michelle for allowing Josh to continue molesting girls after he'd confesses, once...twice...three times?

Yes, it's 3 years in Arkansas normally, although minors have 3 years past the age of majority (18) to sue on their own.

Upon turning 18, Joy has 3 years to sue any and all parties associated with her assault. The other victims are all over 21 now so it's too late for them. (I'm presuming this is the case with the 5th victim as she was old enough to be considered a babysitter circa 2003)

And what about the laundry room incident? That's another thing in the police report that wasn't mentioned last night.

Their religion is a cult. They are brainwashed. Theyy have 18 lovely and one seriously problematic child who are all at their mercy.

The RCC just moved priests around. A patriarchal religion.

People NEVER respond when I give my theory that religions are "clubs". Because they wax poetic about "God' they can, in this country anyway, the US, hide behind the law.

There is nothing that can be done about this craziness. Maybe some of the children will leave. But all they have every known is their family, and they love their family.

I say that the most important thing about a "religion" should be the spaghetti suppers, where you sit and find out which young family has a parent being posted overseas, a pregnancy, a sick child or parent, and figure out what you, as a community can do to step in and assist.

I really enjoy the younger 18. Jim Bob and Michelle are horrible, controlling nuts.

This is a brilliant analysis.

I think the wording the Duggars used in the interview is significant. They talked about how it was wrong and illegal and said they were examining their legal options. I think just by saying they're looking to sue they are hoping to convince people it was illegal without actually having to go before a court.

Because I absolutely abhor the Duggars and refuse to boost ANY ratings I could give them, I did not watch the interview last night. However, I have seen bits and pieces on the net and on network news. (I wrote a post on my blog a couple of days ago how MY hipster Jesus will judge joshie but I'm not allowed to write a link to my blog). Anyway, I saw a clip of Jill crying and all I could think of was this--why hasn't her husband Derrick come into the limelight to speak out AGAINST what Josh did to his wife? WTF? I seriously thought Derrick would end up being a sort of knight in shining armour in this and beat the living shit out of Josh--but nothing! NOTHING! Idiot man/boy Ben, I could see not coming to the defense of his wife and kicking the shit out of Josh because man/boy Ben is Jim Bob's leg humper. But Derrick? Wow!

Have these two husband's of Jill and Jessa not thought of the fact that their wives were molested?

This family gets worse and worse. I can only hope that the interview last night had the Duggar's digging a deeper hole than they started to dig. I'm hoping they dig a hole deep enough to gain them entrance to Hell. JMHO!

Because any good interviewer would have asked on-camera if there were any other victims and if he has molested since.

We ALL KNOW why he's refusing to appear on camera.

Or if he had been molested himself and if so, by whom.

Because I absolutely abhor the Duggars and refuse to boost ANY ratings I could give them, I did not watch the interview last night. However, I have seen bits and pieces on the net and on network news. (I wrote a post on my blog a couple of days ago how MY hipster Jesus will judge joshie but I'm not allowed to write a link to my blog). Anyway, I saw a clip of Jill crying and all I could think of was this--why hasn't her husband Derrick come into the limelight to speak out AGAINST what Josh did to his wife? WTF? I seriously thought Derrick would end up being a sort of knight in shining armour in this and beat the living shit out of Josh--but nothing! NOTHING! Idiot man/boy Ben, I could see not coming to the defense of his wife and kicking the shit out of Josh because man/boy Ben is Jim Bob's leg humper. But Derrick? Wow!

Have these two husband's of Jill and Jessa not thought of the fact that their wives were molested?

This family gets worse and worse. I can only hope that the interview last night had the Duggar's digging a deeper hole than they started to dig. I'm hoping they dig a hole deep enough to gain them entrance to Hell. JMHO!

I don't know how it would work in that cult family but if something had happened to me as a child and I told my husband and then asked him not to ever discuss it he loves and respects me enough not to discuss it.

He might want to confront the person, he might not ever like our trust the person but he doesn't come out because I have asked him not to.

So, it is possible Jill has asked Derick not to talk about it since it did not happen to him and she is an adult who is dealing with it and doesn't need a man to show public outrage etc...on her behalf.

In Touch posted a fantastic article about an hour ago called "Duggar Interview: 7 Crucial Facts They Didn't Tell You - The Cover-Up Continues": http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/dugg ... nues-59917

One of the points is that they weren't illegally obtained and how they weren't illegally obtained. So I don't think any lawsuit will ever hold up.

Thats really a great article. Hopefully the other networks will run with the chance to call Fox out on a blatant lie about the "illegal" release and force a retraction. :popcorn2:

Eyes for Lies is a scientifically verified "truth wizard" who blogs about people in the news. I found this fascinating--she wrote this without knowing anything about the Duggars beyond the most minimal information.

eyesforlies.com/blog/2015/06/the-duggars-and-molestation/

Another poster mentioned earlier in this thread (or another) that they know a couple that wound up divorced over a situation like this. The wife told her husband of 20 years that her brother molested her as a child. He didn't respect her requests that he not say anything and he caused a scene at a family party. She filed for divorce because he disregarded how she felt.

It is entirely possible that Derick and Ben are doing their best to respect what their wives want in this situation by not stepping forward or speaking out. Can you imagine how difficult things would be for Jill or Jessa if they were caught in the middle between their husbands and families?

Archived