IGNORED

The Duggar Interview - With Megyn Kelly

twin2

I still can't get over (and I don't know why, considering all the ways this situation is beyond f*cked up) the complete lack of concern on the part of JB & M for their girls. Everything was about Josh and how HE was sorry and about them and how THEY were wronged by the liberal media. You don't have to identify any of the girls to express your absolute horror that you failed THEM and that your #1 concern was making sure they got the support THEY needed to deal with what Josh did to them...

But they all had therapy for the inappropriate touching that they slept through and don't even remember... So there's that. :shrug:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is NO WAY that none of those girls woke up while Josh did this over the course of a YEAR and none of their sisters did either. They were crammed into bunks in a small room.

In the police report, its not clear because of how even pronouns are redacted and you cant really tell who is talking about it (like we all thought one of the victims told Jimbob, but Josh did), but I think one of the daughters says that she woke up halfway through, but she was confused and just thought he was trying to take the blanket off her.

Might the girls' therapy have been their trips to Journey To The Heart when they were much older?

The Springdale police chief Jim Bob accused of taking a bribe in exchange for responding to the Freedom of Information Act request needs to sue Jim Bob's ignorant ass for slander immediately.

She should name Fox News as well. They've been implying the same thing for days and even showed a mugshot-like photo of her last night.

But Jim Bob's baseless accusation on national TV is straight-out slander.

I wonder if the girls were able to discuss the matter among themselves, or if their discussions with the parents were each girl separately and included direction to not talk about it except with the parents. Have the girls been able to support each other over the years?

But it is Jan Jill and Jessas fault that at the ages they now are they still subscribe to this cult.

I am sorry but I just can't get too worked up over this outing.

I know they had no say being public figures as a child but they have had a say at remaining public figures still attached to that cult long after the age of 18.

Edit to add Jinger

Seriously? You blame the girls for ascribing to the only belief system they've ever known? Even after knowing how isolated they have been?

I'm not mad the report was leaked - but your sentiment in that comment really irks me. These aren't young women who had the chance to go to college and form their own opinions - they're essentially still children who follow what their parents tell them because that's all they've ever known. They never got the chance to break free and have any kind of in-depth, meaningful exposure to help change their belief systems. That's not their fault - that's still firmly on Michelle and Jim Bob.

The Springdale Police Department just released this (I live in the area).

Good for them. The only shitty part of this is the FONT! lol

Seriously? You blame the girls for ascribing to the only belief system they've ever known? Even after knowing how isolated they have been?

I'm not mad the report was leaked - but your sentiment in that comment really irks me. These aren't young women who had the chance to go to college and form their own opinions - they're essentially still children who follow what their parents tell them because that's all they've ever known. They never got the chance to break free and have any kind of in-depth, meaningful exposure to help change their belief systems. That's not their fault - that's still firmly on Michelle and Jim Bob.

I've said this before, but I am fine with adults not being able to break free of this lifestyle because the only ones they are hurting are themselves. I have pity for them, I feel bad for them. But once they bring innocent children into it, all bets are off for me. They owe it to their brand new children to say "fuck my family and this lifestyle" and do what is best for their kid.

The NBC National News with Lester Holt just aired a segment on the Duggars and Kelly interview, and it wasn't what I would call favorable toward them.

I've said this before, but I am fine with adults not being able to break free of this lifestyle because the only ones they are hurting are themselves. I have pity for them, I feel bad for them. But once they bring innocent children into it, all bets are off for me. They owe it to their brand new children to say "fuck my family and this lifestyle" and do what is best for their kid.

I don't disagree with you. My point is that it seems like people are talking about the girls like they're actively choosing to stay in this lifestyle despite a wealth of other options - that's not true. That's not how they have been raised and indoctrinated to think. There is no other choice for them, and there won't be until they can, hopefully, get to know their husbands and their less-fundie family. THAT'S where the alternative comes in, I think.

There's a reason that people have been referring to the Duggars and their lifestyle as a cult all throughout this thread. Blame JB and M all you want for dragging their families into this - even blame Josh for perpetuating the lifestyle even after he moved to a metropolitan area away from his family and was, ostensibly, exposed to "normal" people. But don't blame the kids who haven't really ever been out of the sight of their fundie parents and their belief system.

I mean, the girls are either brainwashed, or they aren't. They're either indoctrinated and victims of their parents (not referencing Josh here), or they're not. It can't be both that they've been brainwashed to believe what their parents are telling them, but are still at fault for somehow not seeing through everything they've ever been told and striking out on their own. That's not logical or fair (and it's also not directed at you, but just a general statement).

EDIT: So I guess what I'm trying to say, through all the rambling, is that the girls are doing what they think is best. They're living the kind of lives that they've been taught are morally "correct" and righteous. They have to have the chance to become familiar with another option before they can consider breaking free.

I could have sworn that JB&M said that they 'all' got therapy. Wonder what she meant by that as far as the girls are concerned. I believe they also said by a licensed therapist? Anyone else remember this?

The Springdale Police Department just released this (I live in the area).

:o :lol: :o :lol: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm so happy right now!!!

I don't disagree with you. My point is that it seems like people are talking about the girls like they're actively choosing to stay in this lifestyle despite a wealth of other options - that's not true. That's not how they have been raised and indoctrinated to think. There is no other choice for them, and there won't be until they can, hopefully, get to know their husbands and their less-fundie family. THAT'S where the alternative comes in, I think.

There's a reason that people have been referring to the Duggars and their lifestyle as a cult all throughout this thread. Blame JB and M all you want for dragging their families into this - even blame Josh for perpetuating the lifestyle even after he moved to a metropolitan area away from his family and was, ostensibly, exposed to "normal" people. But don't blame the kids who haven't really ever been out of the sight of their fundie parents and their belief system.

I mean, the girls are either brainwashed, or they aren't. They're either indoctrinated and victims of their parents (not referencing Josh here), or they're not. It can't be both that they've been brainwashed to believe what their parents are telling them, but are still at fault for somehow not seeing through everything they've ever been told and striking out on their own. That's not logical or fair (and it's also not directed at you, but just a general statement).

EDIT: So I guess what I'm trying to say, through all the rambling, is that the girls are doing what they think is best. They're living the kind of lives that they've been taught are morally "correct" and righteous. They have to have the chance to become familiar with another option before they can consider breaking free.

I wonder, if Derick and Ben asked the girls to walk away, right now from their family's lifestyle if they would make that choice. Cult rules say the husband is their headship, but knowing that turning their backs on that life would get them shunned? Would it get them shunned? I know I've read that Michelle's sister (?) is a lesbian, Amy was born out of wedlock, isn't their some scandal with one of Anna's sisters too? What would JB and M'chelle and the sibs do if the Married J's broke bad?

Lisa Bloom is right

they seemed to have survived this - they went on to get married and have babies - be able to have sex and love another person (and yes it's their religion or whatever ) but

not everyone who was been sexually assaulted or molested can do that - no matter how much therapy they have - and yes we don't know their real lives - or how they were really except for what we saw the last years on the show....

blaming it on the media is wrong imo - for jessa and jill to do

blame it where it belongs your parents and your brother

And sometimes you manage to have sex and love and trust another person, but still deal with the after effects.

I was molested at 7, again at 12 (two separate people). The first time was my babysitter's teen brother. I'm almost 39 now and STILL have flashbacks and still have trouble trusting men. Thankfully I have a very patient, understanding and gentle husband who "gets" it.

I am fiercely, fiercely protective of my children because of it. None of them have ever spent time with a sitter.

I wonder, if Derick and Ben asked the girls to walk away, right now from their family's lifestyle if they would make that choice. Cult rules say the husband is their headship, but knowing that turning their backs on that life would get them shunned? Would it get them shunned? I know I've read that Michelle's sister (?) is a lesbian, Amy was born out of wedlock, isn't their some scandal with one of Anna's sisters too? What would JB and M'chelle and the sibs do if the Married J's broke bad?

In theory wouldn't they have to be supper submissive and pray that their husbands would return to being "godly" men? Then their family couldn't blame them, they were doing everything right.

And sometimes you manage to have sex and love and trust another person, but still deal with the after effects.

I was molested at 7, again at 12 (two separate people). The first time was my babysitter's teen brother. I'm almost 39 now and STILL have flashbacks and still have trouble trusting men. Thankfully I have a very patient, understanding and gentle husband who "gets" it.

I am fiercely, fiercely protective of my children because of it. None of them have ever spent time with a sitter.

Bless you for having the courage to even consider trying again. You are very brave.

I wonder if the girls were able to discuss the matter among themselves, or if their discussions with the parents were each girl separately and included direction to not talk about it except with the parents. Have the girls been able to support each other over the years?
I would guess the parents stressed not talking about it to anyone, seeing that their chief concern then and now seems to be protecting Josh above all else. They would have put the fear of God (well, more fear than usual) into the girls, especially later on as the show got underway. Huge emphasis on Josh's good heart not being harmed after Jesus forgave him.

No pressure, girls.

I think it's safe to say, that while the Duggar girls are disadvantaged in many respects, they are also advantaged in many respects too. They have been raised fundamentalist but then they are also attractive, wealthy Christian celebutantes with internet access, politician supporters and surrounded by adoring fans. There's no way to say that they are completely bereft of options or exposure to healthy thinking outside their everyday life, as their predicament is not the same as a poor Mormon woman imprisoned in the FLDS who has 6 kids and is desperately trying to escape.

Both Duggar girls and women in the FLDS struggle with the same issues, this is true. But their present circumstances are far and glaringly different.

I think it's safe to say, that while the Duggar girls are disadvantaged in many respects, they are also advantaged in many respects too. They have been raised fundamentalist but then they are also attractive, wealthy Christian celebutantes with internet access, politician supporters and surrounded by adoring fans. There's no way to say that they are completely bereft of options or exposure to healthy thinking outside their everyday life, as their predicament is not the same as a poor Mormon woman imprisoned in the FLDS who has 6 kids and is desperately trying to escape.

Both Duggar girls and women in the FLDS struggle with the same issues, this is true. But their present circumstances are far and glaringly different.

Very true, they also could go to the police and say they were being hurt, and someone in their town is not part of the cult. They have many advantages, however they also risk losing a comfortable lifestyle (TLC money and so on) if they do. They would not be the first people to think staying for money (particularly if they really were hungry for their early childhoods) was worth it.

I also want to say for the record, and I edited my second to last comment to reflect this, that when I brought up hormones, I meant in context with moodiness and other psychiatric symptoms. Not sex drive or sexual desire.

Just wanted to be absolutely clear on that.

My guess would be that the girls would "seek counsel" from their parents and share concerns that their headships might not be thinking clearly. I can easily picture a JB & M intervention. I think that, if they DID leave, the girls would be condemned and froze out of the family unless they came back and begged JB for forgiveness. I've read a few comments where people who were also raised in extremely religious lifestyles detailed exactly what happened when someone "lost their way", and I don't think the Duggars would be any different.

I think that if the girls were able to become close with fundie-lite families, however, they might start to see an alternative to their current belief system - one that they might view as still being in line with their parent's teachings.

I hope all of the kids are able to break free, but in reality, I think it's the youngest who have any chance at all. The others have been raised in this extreme belief system, and it's saturated every aspect of their lives. I think the little ones might have had a bit more freedom (but who really knows).

I didn't see this anywhere: (from a CNN article yesterday)

The Duggars have a P.R. expert helping the Duggars tell their story: Chad Gallagher, the head of the Arkansas firm Legacy Consulting.

Gallagher is also a longtime adviser to Huckabee, and is the executive director of Huck PAC.

Gallagher declined to comment on his work for the Duggars when contacted by CNNMoney.

money.cnn.com/2015/06/03/media/duggar-parents-interview-fox-news/

Based on the feedback here, I'm not sure he did the Duggars any favors with his advice.

I didn't see this anywhere: (from a CNN article yesterday)

money.cnn.com/2015/06/03/media/duggar-parents-interview-fox-news/

Based on the feedback here, I'm not sure he did the Duggars any favors with his advice.

well ya since the thing was a FUBAR I doubt he wants to be know to have associated with them.

The NBC National News with Lester Holt just aired a segment on the Duggars and Kelly interview, and it wasn't what I would call favorable toward them.

I just watched about 10 minutes on YouTube and they are lying! The girls aren't allowed to sit on anyone but Daddy's lap? Safe guards? Should we have a whole thread of little girls on big boys laps? What about sending off their daughters to hang with Gothard?

Quit talking about sheep and answer the effing question.

The only truth I have heard is that the girls are now being victimized by people with an agenda, for profit...except it's theirparents, again.

Archived