IGNORED

The Duggar Interview - With Megyn Kelly

twin2

Admittedly I haven't read all pages of this thread so someone has probably said this... but the whole "they slept through it so it's no big deal" thing CREEPS ME OUT. The unknown is so much worse than the actual thing in so many cases. If those girls were really asleep, they have no idea the level to which they were violated because they weren't conscious. Their imaginations could make it a lot worse than it was (not that any level of violation is okay). Plus, once you know you have been violated in your sleep, how do you EVER get a good night's sleep again???

Not that I really believe they were all sleeping. Maybe one or two I could believe, but there is no way anyone who was old enough to understand it was wrong was asleep and the one who wasn't, was awake. That's ridiculous and not possible.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jimchelle's response to finding out about josh was WE MUST BE BAD PARENTS. Not "OMG my poor babies!" or "OMG we have to do something to protect our children!" No, all about THEM

Yeahhhhh, I can see "we must be bad parents" and "how did this happen to OUR family" coming up, but way, way after "SHIT, MY BABIES!" How they thought of anything other than how to protect their daughters is beyond me. Of course they also had to help Josh and failed at that too. It's astonishing what bad parents they are/were, especially when they get nonstop praise for being such good ones.

Did you see that Jessa Duggar admitted to being one of her brother's victims? She had this to say in an inteview:

"In a Fox News Channel interview, Jessa Duggar says she wants to defend her brother. She says accusations that he is a child molester or pedophile are 'so overboard and a lie.'"

Those poor girls are so brainwashed.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/03/jessa-duggar-victim_n_7507034.html?cps=gravity_2425_8841115136861909334

Yep JB, you were bad parents. So, why the hell did you keep having more kids?

So much to say so little ability to quote multiple posts from 20 pages back so here goes.

I can't believe they're trying for Christian persecution by a tabloid. They exist to "out" celebrities the majority of their stories have no facts to back them up. If anything they held off for years while these rumors were circulating,

If the fact that the victims were unaware and therefore nothing bad happened then I guess if a suitor were to roofie one of the daughters that wouldn't be a problem?

I think in light of the weird sexual stuff in this cult this may not be that big a deal for the older girls. They have to have sex on their wedding night with a man their daddy picked out who they've barely had a chance to get to know. To add insult to injury dad shares it with the entire country. On the other hand, I can't believe he's trying to minimize it after all those years of calling holding hands hand sex now digital penetration isn't rape?

I know three women who were molested as girls. One came from a family where she as the only girl was expected to serve her 4 brothers and she felt she was not valued as much as they were. One came from a family of 10 kids and one came from a family of 12. The one who came from the family of 12 had years of therapy but when she told me she became very agitated and said that she seriously felt that people should be forcibly sterilized after their fourth child. Once I realized that it made sense why Boob knows so many families with the problem.

Personally I think the police chief needs to make a statement that when she received the OPRA request she prayed and consulted her pastor and Jesus laid it on her hear that it must be released.

I was reading some journal articles about sibling sexual abuse and the authors mentioned that having a large family was associated with increased risk. I believe they attributed it to less parental oversight and personal attention as well as increased likelihood of siblings who are not yet adults to be given an authority or power role over younger siblings that can be misused. I don't know if the authors directly mentioned this but I'd assume religious upbringing without proper sex education also a risk factor.

You notice how none of the Duggars are releasing statements or tweets today saying how pleased they were with the interview? No one is thanking Megyn for helping them clear things up. Cuz she just gave them enough camera time to really exploit how screwed up they are.

The Duggars are the perfect mix of stupid and arrogant. Just enough to really think everyone will totally understand that they basically LET their son abuse their daughters, but it happened ages ago so who cares! I hope they keep putting out statements because it just means more and more people will hopefully realize how nutso they are.

Plus it helps the normal ones of us realize which of our friends are fundie nut jobs who think molestation is no big deal.

I love that everybody is so enthusiastic about the report!

They actually did a pretty good job of skirting the truth, as I go through it. There are a lot of "yes technically but no not really" answers.

I'll put it up when I'm through and y'all can catch my errors/add where you see it. So basically I'll just give a nice fancy color-coded skeleton...not unlike the ones in JB & M's closet.

I hate the "the media is re-victimizing the girls" argument. Partly because it's a distraction from Josh, but

their parents re victimized them by using gothard on them thats far worse then what the media will do. hell the duggers don't watch tv they can avoid the media.

They just showed Jim Bob saying the "This wasn't rape or anything like that. It was just touching over the clothes" quote on my local news and the eye rolling happened again. Thank goodness it wasn't rape, but that doesn't mean what Josh did was somehow better or excusable, Jim Bob.

Christ on a cracker, Megyn just said on "the five" that she "went there with them" regarding whether Josh had been exposed to abuse.

She went there? In her head?

Was this before or after that Sophie's Choice bullshit we all know she thought was her ticket to a Pulitzer? She absolutely beamed after coming out with that chestnut.

I don't know if anyone saw these yet:

JB stopped cooperating with police:

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jim- ... tion-59483

and two lawyers declined to represent Josh:

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/two- ... tion-59220

Links not broken because In Touch Weekly

Wonder if IT has more info beyond that date because that's where it ended for us, right?

Love to have been a fly on the wall when Michelle informed JB that Josh had an appt with officials slated for the next day... do you think JB lost his shit?

Because any good interviewer would have asked on-camera if there were any other victims and if he has molested since.

We ALL KNOW why he's refusing to appear on camera.

He could just lie it away like mom and dad are doing... I think it's PR. It's one thing to READ that he confessed to doing it. It's another for people to see and hear him confess to doing it. It's easier to forget (what they are hoping will happen) if we only hear he confessed. It's another thing to see and hear someone confess with your own eyes.

They don't want video of him confessing out there so that later down the line when he runs for some political office, his opponent can't pull out the video of Joshie saying "I touched my sisters' hoo-has"

She went there? In her head?

Was this before or after that Sophie's Choice bullshit we all know she thought was her ticket to a Pulitzer? She absolutely beamed after coming out with that chestnut.

Despite the fact that JB and M had no clue as to her reference?

Seriously, did she not know the backgrounds and lifestyles of the people she wasn't was interviewing?

A lot doesn't add up.

We know they didn't cooperate with the investigation and refused to bring Josh in even after two lawyers refused to rep him.

When was this professional therapy? It had to be after 2007 - 4 years after the supposed last incident because in the report the only kid who got therapy was josh and that was only in Ltl Rock.

They made out like they did it before they were forced to.

The entire thing sticks to high heaven of obfuscations.

I could have sworn that JB&M said that they 'all' got therapy. Wonder what she meant by that as far as the girls are concerned. I believe they also said by a licensed therapist? Anyone else remember this?

Wonder if IT has more info beyond that date because that's where it ended for us, right?

Love to have been a fly on the wall when Michelle informed JB that Josh had an appt with officials slated for the next day... do you think JB lost his shit?

If he didn't lose his shit then, he probably lost it when Springdale informed them of the FOIA request on Josh.

I'm sorry if this has been address in one thread or the other...new baby and VERY sleep deprived mama here....

I've read through both threads and don't remember seeing this mentioned. If someone has the interview recorded maybe they can answer. I didn't get to bring it up last night during the interview because I was nursing the baby to sleep while watching the interview on my laptop.

So when talking about when the abuse first happened. I could have swore JB & M said when Josh came to them the first time it was just two girls. Then Michelle said something like "We sat the girls down one by one" If there were just 2....why one by one. I forget her exact words, but it struck me that her comment sounded like she was address it being more than 2 girls and I instantly questioned the number of girls he touched before the first confession.

I could have sworn that JB&M said that they 'all' got therapy. Wonder what she meant by that as far as the girls are concerned. I believe they also said by a licensed therapist? Anyone else remember this?

Well my answer to the quote didn't show up.

But my guess as to the therapy for the girls was having to sew modesty bathing suites for all the kiddies at Big sandy.

Finally watched the interview. Not surprising that they were defensive. At this point it's about self-preservation. Why they don't think they did anything wrong and are now the VICTIMS themselves, well it's probably because they are surrounded by "yes" people and people that tell they didn't do anything wrong. Jim Bob and Michelle are leaders in their community, nobody's going to speak up against them or confront them in their world around them. It's a shame, but not surprising that they live in a bubble.

As far as them wanting to sue and feeling like people have an agenda against them--well so what? As Christians, we know we are to be persecuted. You got to walk the walk Duggars...

I do feel for the girls, and I dread Jessa and Jill's interview on Friday. These girls are parrots and really uneducated. They just can't make good arguments that would even defend their faith or what happened in the past. They're potentially exposing themselves even more.

There is NO WAY that none of those girls woke up while Josh did this over the course of a YEAR and none of their sisters did either. They were crammed into bunks in a small room.

I am on page 43 but skipped ahead because I really wanted to give my two cents. I rarely post.

I agree with the general consensus on the board and just wanted to add this.

I want to no WHO went with them to the police station. If they had the witness for the purpose of having another party present and able to corroborate their story then why say who it is? Why not get that person to come forward and defend?

Also, if counseling (legit counseling happened) Why not name the counseling center? Why not give details of the length of counseling etc... If I were them and REALLY felt this was all so unfair/uncalled for etc... I would be giving black and white details of EXACTLY what happen to show without a doubt what was done was the right thing. It is VERY fishy to me that they don't.

As far as Josh confessing. WHO KNOWS... he could have confessed for multiple reasons (he had done it and WASN'T sure if they had woken/known about it but thought maybe they did and wanted to get out in front of it? Maybe he didn't confess at all, we will probably never know. What I do know, is they are lying about an awful lot that is provable to believe anything they say at all.

Also this was my first time watching Megyn Kelly, and she was way too sympathetic. I guess that's why she was allowed to interview them. But hard-hitting journalist she was not :lol:

I still can't get over (and I don't know why, considering all the ways this situation is beyond f*cked up) the complete lack of concern on the part of JB & M for their girls. Everything was about Josh and how HE was sorry and about them and how THEY were wronged by the liberal media. You don't have to identify any of the girls to express your absolute horror that you failed THEM and that your #1 concern was making sure they got the support THEY needed to deal with what Josh did to them...

As far as Josh confessing. WHO KNOWS... he could have confessed for multiple reasons (he had done it and WASN'T sure if they had woken/known about it but thought maybe they did and wanted to get out in front of it? Maybe he didn't confess at all, we will probably never know. What I do know, is they are lying about an awful lot that is provable to believe anything they say at all.

Yes, I wonder this too. I'm inclined to give Josh the benefit of the doubt because I was about his age when I went to my mother asking for counseling. I hadn't done anything to anyone but I knew even then that there was something wrong with me. Maybe it's the result of teenage hormones or fundy insanity coming to fruition, I don't know. I just think the timing is coincidentally interesting.

Edited to add: I didn't struggle with the same issues Josh did, but I know what it feels like to know something is missing and/or wrong and have an adult not listen.

Edited a second time to add: My reference to hormones is by way of moods and other perceptual fluctuations, not sex drive.

Archived