IGNORED

The Duggar Interview - With Megyn Kelly

twin2

I think it's safe to say, that while the Duggar girls are disadvantaged in many respects, they are also advantaged in many respects too. They have been raised fundamentalist but then they are also attractive, wealthy Christian celebutantes with internet access, politician supporters and surrounded by adoring fans. There's no way to say that they are completely bereft of options or exposure to healthy thinking outside their everyday life, as their predicament is not the same as a poor Mormon woman imprisoned in the FLDS who has 6 kids and is desperately trying to escape.

Both Duggar girls and women in the FLDS struggle with the same issues, this is true. But their present circumstances are far and glaringly different.

I really dislike doing anything that can be construed as defending any of the Duggars lol, but I think that you're sort of illustrating in your comment exactly what I mean. Yes, the girls have been surrounded by adoring fans - fans who tell them how godly they are, how good, how great and perfect their lifestyle is, etc. They have constant reinforcement that everything that their parents has taught them is correct, and that anyone who says differently is probably a lesbian (sarcasm). Their internet access is closely monitored, and I highly doubt that they're spending any sort of significant time online reading stories about how terrible their family is and why their belief system is wrong.

I'm not saying that they have zero idea that other belief systems exist - of course they do. It's just that they regard them as ungodly, and believe that they have the right of it. All of their "fans" only reinforce that thought, as does their family. They don't seem to have close friends outside of their immediate family with perhaps the exception of Famy, who seems to be someone they tolerate as opposed to enjoy spending time around.

I don't think they've had any sort of significant, in-depth exposure with value systems other than their own. Perhaps their husbands' families can change that, as they don't seem to be as extreme... maybe they'll realize that people who think differently are not the enemy. But right now, I don't think they've had any reason to reevaluate their upbringing. If the abuse, by Josh and their parents, didn't do it, I'm not sure what will.

They have thousands of people vying for invitations to their weddings, FFS, and are treated like some sort of "new blood" fundie royalty. Everything they've experienced will just be twisted to reinforce their current belief system.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gotta love this they did not want justice for their daughters only Josh the law breaker. amazing.

They said, "We're talking to some attorneys about that right now, and we'll see. Hopefully justice will be served on the ones that release juvenile records to protect other juveniles from their records being released."

I've said this before, but I am fine with adults not being able to break free of this lifestyle because the only ones they are hurting are themselves. I have pity for them, I feel bad for them. But once they bring innocent children into it, all bets are off for me. They owe it to their brand new children to say "fuck my family and this lifestyle" and do what is best for their kid.

And if one needs to be branded as a child because they are so scarred from their upbringing, one has zero business procreating... children should never procreate.

Old enough to marry and become a parent, old enough to step up, do what's right for your child and family. and be held accountable for your actions.

Jill is now bathing another generation in the fetid waters. It's wrong.

So Jill Dullard and Jessa Blessa say that yes they are victims; but ONLY because the Liberal media released the reports and now they are victimising Josh too!!! :x

Yes girls, you are victims, but you are victims BECAUSE your brother abused you. He is NOT a victim, he is a criminal.

It is NOT your fault that this happened and your PARENTS failed to protect you; NOT the media.

They are so brainwashed it is actually breaking my heart. These girls really have no idea.

The Springdale police chief Jim Bob accused of taking a bribe in exchange for responding to the Freedom of Information Act request needs to sue Jim Bob's ignorant ass for slander immediately.

She should name Fox News as well. They've been implying the same thing for days and even showed a mugshot-like photo of her last night.

But Jim Bob's baseless accusation on national TV is straight-out slander.

Or "bearing false witness". Either way you slice it, he broke a biggie there.

If I were them and REALLY felt this was all so unfair/uncalled for etc... I would be giving black and white details of EXACTLY what happen to show without a doubt what was done was the right thing. It is VERY fishy to me that they don't.

EXACTLY! Why do an interview when you aren't telling us anything we don't already know?? And not keeping your own facts straight so you look even worse! These people make no sense! The only thing that would make them look any better is proof of licensed counseling IMO.

OMFG- woman are not supposed to be working outside the home per Gothard. So, NOW what? How would the Duggars justify the girls and their show saving the day?

Megyn hit the nail on the head- people are pissed off at the hypocrisy.

In the US, religion, sometimes even the really bad ones, has always been given the free pass- I think more and more people are anti this approach.

Religion is neither meant to be manipulated to fit an agenda nor used as a weapon to hurt others.

They wouldn't be working, silly. This is considered their ministry. Everyone else screws off on social media, the Benessa are ministering.

And in the US, Christianity specifically gets a free pass. We wouldn't be having this convo if they were say Muslim, for example.

Or "bearing false witness". Either way you alice it[/b], he broke a biggie there.

What an appropriate typo.

This whole thing was ALICED -

I really dislike doing anything that can be construed as defending any of the Duggars lol, but I think that you're sort of illustrating in your comment exactly what I mean.

Hi there, I didn't mean to put you on the defensive or imply you said things you didn't. It was just a comment I popped out in general and wasn't really meant for anyone in particular. I kind of agree with you both, if that makes sense; plus I am running on three hours of sleep and my eyes are still puffy from my meltdown last night after the interview. Still, this board is full of intelligent people and I'm just trying to keep up with it all and contribute to the best of my ability. I think I am failing miserably at that as I keep having to clarify myself and edit my comments.

So if I seem a bit off, it's because right now I'm a zombie. :shock:

Hi there, I didn't mean to put you on the defensive or imply you said things you didn't. It was just a comment I popped out in general and wasn't really meant for anyone in particular. I kind of agree with you both, if that makes sense; plus I am running on three hours of sleep and my eyes are still puffy from my meltdown last night after the interview. Still, this board is full of intelligent people and I'm just trying to keep up with it all and contribute to the best of my ability. I think I am failing miserably at that as I keep having to clarify myself and edit my comments.

So if I seem a bit off, it's because right now I'm a zombie. :shock:

No, no - not at all! I was just commenting because I had an opinion lol, you didn't make me feel defensive. I'm sorry that I came off that way in my reply. You're not failing miserably in anything, and you're way more coherent than I would be on that little sleep!

CNN (Don Lemon & panel) had an hour show right the Fox piece. They certainly weren't kissing J & M's asses.

CNN (Don Lemon & panel) had an hour show right the Fox piece. They certainly weren't kissing J & M's asses.

I am so mad I missed that! I can't seem to catch a creditable news channel covering it today!

Hello,

Looooooong time lurker, first time poster. I knew something like this was going to come to light. Those are some of the creepiest people I've ever witnessed. JB absolutely gives me the creeps; Josh came off as a total turd. Hence his name turd...

I can't speak for the young Josh Duggar, the youth who was scared and confused about what his own body was doing to him as he matured, and how he was shamed by his parents for feeling any natural sexual urges as he moved toward adulthood. He may have been genuinely sorry for what he did to his sisters. On the other hand, he may have only be sorry to be caught, depending on one's interpretation of matters.

But right now, at this moment, Josh Duggar is no man. Right now, he does the unforgivable and refuses to speak. He sends the sisters that he wronged into the national spotlight to weep for him; to bleed, once again, as they are cut thousands of times by the media that has exposed their story and their brother's sins, and now they have been instructed to advocate on his behalf and protect him.

Josh allows the women in his family to be sacrificed for his sins, letting them be cut open and laid bare for all the world to see, against their will. If he was any kind of man, he would speak up and tell them he is sorry, that he was wrong for hurting them and that he shouldn't have allowed them to try and protect him now, when the only right thing to do is to come forward and fight his own battle.

But no. Josh won't ever do any such thing, because he is not a man...in every sense of the word.

I guarantee you, Josh will sit an interview. But they couldn't put him out first...

(1) interview with the parents as the responsible adults and give the overall narrative

(2) with the sisters bc they can talk about how they were/are affected, how they perceive ol Joshie-- people will be more focused on how the tabloids wrong them

(3) Joshie (with Anna by his side) now can go on, be contrite, say that his sisters forgave him long ago (before he would have been he was speaking for his sisters) She can speak of they day he told her everything and shared his heart. UG.

Basically for Joshie to sit an interview (with Fox only of course) some heavy lifting has to be done by his family in order to put him the most sympathetic light they can, before he is interview.

I guarantee you, Josh will sit an interview. But they couldn't put him out first...

(1) interview with the parents as the responsible adults and give the overall narrative

(2) with the sisters bc they can talk about how they were/are affected, how they perceive ol Joshie-- people will be more focused on how the tabloids wrong them

(3) Joshie (with Anna by his side) now can go on, be contrite, say that his sisters forgave him long ago (before he would have been he was speaking for his sisters) She can speak of they day he told her everything and shared his heart. UG.

Basically for Joshie to sit an interview (with Fox only of course) some heavy lifting has to be done by his family in order to put him the most sympathetic light they can, before he is interview.

I wonder what the odds of Josh alone or w/Anna will pop up to announce an interview to come some time soon at the end of Friday's show.

Reminds me of Jon Stewart. He is smart and will run circles around some of the idiots he interviews. I can just imagine what he'd do the Duggars!!!!

I don't think Anderson or John Stewart COULD interview them effectively. They are both great at sitting across from someone they disagree with and remain respectful and still ask hard questions and be snarky at the same time. But these are all highly intelligent, interesting, individuals who can play the game too. Anderson and Stewart would be giggling and shaking their heads 2 minutes in, with frustation at all the lack of logic and deflection. But with Anderson being gay and Stewart, Jew-ish...it would be fun.

I don't know who their media expert is but it may have been a mistake for them to sit down for an interview in front of a national audience. The Duggars play well to their base but when the general public sees them and learns about their beliefs, they come across as the extremist idiots they are. Maybe it would have been better for them to release a carefully worded statement and be done with it.

Off topic a bit but I was looking at TLC's ratings for the last week or so and they seem to be down quite a bit. That would mean that people are tuning out their network. TLC better come to a decision soon. I only hope that the decision will be more than whether or not to keep 19 Kids on. I hope they do a general evaluation of the kind of programs they air. I'm no media expert but how does being a laughing stock play in the Discovery Communications boardroom?

Or "bearing false witness". Either way you slice it, he broke a biggie there.

But but but it's not bearing false witness if he feels the truthiness of it in his gut!!!

Josh and Anna are last ditch interviews. If all else fails and the ship is sinking, they'll push him out for a "father I have sinned" moment.

My guess is we'll see Jill/Derrick/izzy Jess's/bin again before we see josh

Both girls have Stockholm Syndrome. They're both brainwashed. JB coached them. They're hoping for a spin off. The evil liberal media didn't molest these girls. The evil liberal media didn't hide abuse and go around taking away rights. Your brother and parents did. I don't think the girls realized that the media can turn on you quick. This family for years had nothing but praised. Thumpers stroked their ego and defended their actions. Now the media and some fans stabbed them in the back. The evil liberal media wasn't so evil when they were on People magazine or using their religion to spread hate. JB is using his girls for sympathy. If the girls wanted privacy and didn't want to be re victimized then why the hell are they giving this interview?

I watched the view this morning and agreed with everything Whoopi and Rosie said. Molly Sims is an ass. There's no coming back from this Duggars. And can anyone tell me wtf was up with J'chelle hair and makeup? She looked high

I don't know who their media expert is but it may have been a mistake for them to sit down for an interview in front of a national audience. The Duggars play well to their base but when the general public sees them and learns about their beliefs, they come across as the extremist idiots they are. Maybe it would have been better for them to release a carefully worded statement and be done with it.

Off topic a bit but I was looking at TLC's ratings for the last week or so and they seem to be down quite a bit. That would mean that people are tuning out their network. TLC better come to a decision soon. I only hope that the decision will be more than whether or not to keep 19 Kids on. I hope they do a general evaluation of the kind of programs they air. I'm no media expert but how does being a laughing stock play in the Discovery Communications boardroom?

In the beginning of the interview Michelle was steady.

JB was an arrogant asshole throughout= he failed at whatever he was trying to accomplish.

By the end of the interview Michelle had also gone low.

I hear they had an advisor to prep them- not a success, IMO.

In the beginning of the interview Michelle was steady.

JB was an arrogant asshole throughout= he failed at whatever he was trying to accomplish.

By the end of the interview Michelle had also gone low.

I hear they had an advisor to prep them- not a success, IMO.

you can put lipstick and a frumper on a pig but it is still a pig.

Seriously? You blame the girls for ascribing to the only belief system they've ever known? Even after knowing how isolated they have been?

I'm not mad the report was leaked - but your sentiment in that comment really irks me. These aren't young women who had the chance to go to college and form their own opinions - they're essentially still children who follow what their parents tell them because that's all they've ever known. They never got the chance to break free and have any kind of in-depth, meaningful exposure to help change their belief systems. That's not their fault - that's still firmly on Michelle and Jim Bob.

They are grown ass adults two are married with their with

own chikdren. They have traveled the world, had numerous wordly people filming them in their house for nearly a decade and are much more knowledgeable of the outside world than you are giving them credit for. THEY CHOOSE to stay in this cult because they like the money, fame and the ability to judge others.

Archived