IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FOX asking the Duggars hard questions? Ain't gonna happen. Just another half-assed apology not mentioning what actually happened. Fuck them!

god is 100% on forgiving I have never heard of anyone saying god did not forgive them. thats pretty amazing. I remember a teen who hit and killed a cyclist because she was texting bragging about how god forgave her. I take it with 5 pounds of salt when a christian says god has forgiven them.

So I'm assuming having never heard of this woman and I'm not US, that from you guys reactions this is not exactly going to be an in-depth or hard hitting interview?

Who would folks like to see them interviewed by? Just out of interest.

larry king or OPRAH she hates child molestors and people who cover it up

Do you think the interview was already done or do you think Megyn Kelly is flying down over this weekend to do it? Also, do you think JB & Michelle are the ones being paid for this interview?

(For the record, what Lena Dunham did to her sister was disturbing and unacceptable. But she was seven, and you can't put a seven-year-old in jail. She definitely should have been taken to a therapist, though. And she should not have been allowed to be alone with her sister until the therapist deemed it safe.)

WTAF does Lena Dunham or Woody Allen or any other person who committed child sexual abuse have to do with this situation with Josh Duggar?! If I've seen Lena Dunham's book and admission come up once I've seen it a million times and they aren't the same thing, and even if they WERE so what?? Are the fundies/conservatives going to forget all the hoopla that happened when that stuff came out? Tons of bad press to the Dunham chick.

Do they really, really believe they are being persecuted or is that just the excuse every time someone screws the pooch literally or figuratively? Do they have the "Oops, another one of us did the wrong thing again" playbook and all the lefties transgressions are listed for them to use?

Yes, the fundies truly believe they are being persecuted. The way the religious wing nuts see it, why should the Duggars lose their sponsors and get cancelled while Lena Dunham is still on TV and Woody Allen is still making movies? Because they exist in a bubble, the fundies have no idea how many "liberals" actually have denounced Lena Dunham and Woody Allen's actions.

The fact that they're doing this interview prior to any announcement by TLC tells me they've likely already reached some kind of agreement with the network. I don't think they'd risk this if the show's fate was still hanging in the balance. They obviously know what's about to happen. Man...I hope this isn't where JB falls on his sword to clear the way for the the Brady Brides sequel. TLC would SO get behind orchestrating that sort of thing.

The idea that there will be no mention that the victims are Josh's sisters never even occurred to me, but yeah, that's definitely a possibility. The problem with that though, is that it would make even less sense for Jim Bob and Michelle to be interviewed instead of Josh. If most of the people involved all lived under the same roof, then it's not unreasonable that JB/M act as spokespersons for the family, in addition to answering questions about their neglect and failures. But if they skirt around that and just focus on Josh's actions without specifying that his victims were his own sisters, then why are they there? To address their actions at the time, sure, but it makes Josh look unwilling to acknowledge his "mistakes."

I think Michelle will be doing all of the talking. Remember that interview a few years back, where Jim Bob said that when it's just the two of them, everyone approaches Michelle for autographs but never him? I'm completely out of step with my fellow Americans, but apparently Michelle is considered likable to many. Having her interviewed instead of her smug son could be an attempt to lull the audience. Who can stay mad at the quirkily frumpy, baby-voiced mother of 19? :roll:

Maybe this is a silly question, but how popular is Pat Robertson really among religious conservatives? I'm not snarking, I'm really curious, because he just seems like such a dinosaur. I remember reading somewhere that ABC Family is contractually obliged to run the 700 Club, so it runs whether people are watching it or not.

As a very conservative Christian (I guess you could call me fundie-super-ultra-lite) I can't tell you how many times me and my conservative Christian friends have ranted and raved about the dumb things Pat Robertson says. We hate that people think we all think like him. He does NOT speak for the majority of Christians. And I'm talking Christians that homeschool, wear dresses, don't use birth control...don't like the man.

If the show does return, or if there's a spin-off, I hope TLC and JB and Michelle realize that everything they say and do will be examined under a microscope and will be critiqued incessantly. Much worse than before.

There might be hope! I stumbled across this article

addictinginfo.org/2015/05/30/duggars-interview-fox-kelly-coverage/.

I'm sadly already set up my DVR for this.

**edit due to link not being broken

If the show does return, or if there's a spin-off, I hope TLC and JB and Michelle realize that everything they say and do will be examined under a microscope and will be critiqued incessantly. Much worse than before.

What's worse than molestation and a cover-up of it? If they get away this, what does it matter if they are under microscope? They'd be Teflon. Scrutinize away.

So I'm assuming having never heard of this woman and I'm not US, that from you guys reactions this is not exactly going to be an in-depth or hard hitting interview?

Who would folks like to see them interviewed by? Just out of interest.

My first choice would be Jon Stewart. He's the only one I can think of who wouldn't pull his punches. "The Daily Show" may not be a "real" news show - but Stewart is more or a journalist than anyone on Fox.

My second choice would be Rachel Maddow.

Instead the Duggars picked a network that gave less than 2 minutes coverage to this story. Look for Kelly to ask hard hitting questions like "How did you get your daughters to stop tempting Josh?".

We need to inundate Megyn Kelly's twitter with the proper questions to ask. She can't sign up for this and play soft. She must ask about Gothard, Holt and ATI. I want to punch a wall.

So tired of the millions this family is raking in. Ugh.

I admit that I'm in a more liberal part of Lutheranism, but even my far more conservative family members who are Lutheran don't believe that nonsense. WTSF. :cray-cray: :angry-banghead: Does it belong to WELS?

It is WELS. Funny that you knew that right away. I've gotten to know a lot of WELS people, and many are not this bad, but so many actually take it even further in their own homes (like not allowing their children to trick-or-treat or dress up for Halloween). Mostly it's just bitchy judgment like comments such as, "Well I earned my white dress" (in regards to vaginal virginity on their wedding nights...nevermind they've performed oral sex on half a dozen different guys, but the girl who sleeps with her only ever boyfriend before marriage is the huge slut).

Are you ELCA?

As a very conservative Christian (I guess you could call me fundie-super-ultra-lite) I can't tell you how many times me and my conservative Christian friends have ranted and raved about the dumb things Pat Robertson says. We hate that people think we all think like him. He does NOT speak for the majority of Christians. And I'm talking Christians that homeschool, wear dresses, don't use birth control...don't like the man.

Some of my black friends have expressed similar sentiments about Al Sharpton. It bothers them when white people treat Sharpton as if he is THE spokesperson for all of black America.

Go to Megyn Kelly's Facebook page called the Kelly Report and leave comments. Many there already are negative and some say they will not watch her interview with the Duggars.

Some of my black friends have expressed similar sentiments about Al Sharpton. It bothers them when white people treat Sharpton as if he is THE spokesperson for all of black America.

There are some people who act like spokespersons for certain groups that are so dumb I can't believe anyone would buy it. Robertson and Sharpton are prime examples. Who with half a brain would think either of those two would speak for an entire group of people?

WTAF does Lena Dunham or Woody Allen or any other person who committed child sexual abuse have to do with this situation with Josh Duggar?! If I've seen Lena Dunham's book and admission come up once I've seen it a million times and they aren't the same thing, and even if they WERE so what?? Are the fundies/conservatives going to forget all the hoopla that happened when that stuff came out? Tons of bad press to the Dunham chick.

What DOESN'T Dunham or Allen have to do with this? Allen is MUCH worse, given that he was an ADULT who violated every conceivable line of decency with his own child, then JUSTIFIED it. (Josh at least admitted he was wrong.) And our warped culture eventually turned an "Oh well, what can ya do?" blind eye to what Allen did, too. To suggest that other abuse cases have "nothing" to do with this one is ludicrous. So many other things about the Duggars have been brought to bear on this molestation tragedy that literally do NOT have anything to do with it (like revisiting Michelle's views on LGBT, -and sure, while hypocrisy may come to light there, her views have NOTHING to do with Josh being a molester of 5 young girls.)

I find it odd that you would think other abuse cases have "nothing to do with this", yet every mistake or wrong choice ever made by the Duggars is piled on as having *something* to do with it (which may or may NOT be objective and/or accurate.)

We need to inundate Megyn Kelly's twitter with the proper questions to ask. She can't sign up for this and play soft. She must ask about Gothard, Holt and ATI. I want to punch a wall.

So tired of the millions this family is raking in. Ugh.

If the interview is not already filmed, I assure you the most our questions would get is, The liberals are really after you, in fact once it was announced that I was going to talk to you, they started to inundate my social media accounts.

Archived