IGNORED

The Duggars' Megyn Kelly Interview - MERGE

luv2laugh

Wind them up and watch them go....damage control. I don't think it matters what these tools come up with their brand is ruined. They waited for the initial shock to wear off (or so they think) and are trying to save their show. There will be hilarious leghumping that will ensue for us to snark about.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
duggarfamily.com/2015/5/next-week

"Next week we will sit down with Megyn Kelly on Fox News to share our hearts with you about the pain that we walked through as a family twelve years ago, the tears we all shed and the forgiveness that was given. We appreciate the outpouring of love and prayers for our family at this time.

-Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar"

Disgusting!

FOX is going to show some of it on Wednesday and then the full special one hour interview on Friday according to People.

http://www.people.com/article/duggars-i ... on-scandal

Oh great. This won't make my head explode or anything...

Michelle couldn't even say underwear on tv, so I am kind of curious what she'll call molesting and sexually abusing. Some kind of horrible euphemism no doubt.

I thought I had posted a post in this thread about the Fox interview possibly being one way TLC will " feel out" the Duggar's Q Score now that the molestation report has been in the public domain and the family scandal has reached the level of international news.

I'm sure most people are aware of what the Q Score is, but in case not, it is measurement of appeal and familiarity of a celebrity or brand name. It changes and is trended by agents, PR firms and so forth almost daily. The Duggars had one Q score before the molestation news broke. They definitely have a different Q Score now, and it is valid to say that sub-groups of the Duggars have different Q scores now. Josh's and the older daughters' have changed for certain just because of the presence of the police statements in the public domain and the news reports which followed for the past 8 days. There is a good chance that TLC will be evaluating the viability of the show's future based upon just JBD and MRD's interviews on Fox. This is worrisome to me because JBD and MRD do not represent the main focus of the show, which are the children, including the older daughters, and Josh.

Source for the definition of " Q Score" so there's no misunderstanding of what it is or means: Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_Score

I won't be watching and I don't have any close friends who watch Fox news interviews, either. ( I hope).

I think she's going to go super conservative and back to the frumper with the big peter pan collars. I expect much quivering lip, eyeballs the size of saucers, and huge crocodile tears and delicate sniffing.

oops, Sassypants, I didn't see your post on almost the exact same thing! I am betting on that hideous lime green

I posted this in the everything thread as I didn't know this one was going on.

I'm thinking this Fox interview is a ginormous mistake on their parts, in that they can really only lose fans from here with an interview like this. They're not going to win over anyone who is appalled at all of their behaviour, and I think that when they acknowledge publicly that this did happen; that it happened to their daughters; and they did not send him to real therapy and kept him in the house with the girls, they are also going to lose those fans that don't know what happened really-those that have not read the police report, those who don't internet much or at all so have no idea of the details, and/or those who didn't go on to read comments on People articles to find out the real story. Many of those fans, confronted with the reality of what actually happened, might be as repulsed as the rest of us.

I'm glad they've chosen to do this. I think it's going to bomb spectacularly.

So I don't know that even a fluff interview will go well for the Duggars in the end. Their fans are still going to be confronted with some hard information that they have been trying really hard to avoid acknowledging, whether it's a fluff piece or not. I really think they can only lose in this situation. Seeing JM acknowledge that this all happened might be too much for quite a few, and I don't see them winning anyone over. Best case for them is that they don't lose too many IMO.

IF they had any media training this week, I don't think it would be enough to undo the over ten years of pubic buffoonery that is Jim Bob's go-to interview persona. I don't remember enough details about the interview he did that was mentioned upthread to track it down and rewatch, but it's priceless. I'm going to try and dig it up.

I'm going to guess that autocorrect has grievously wronged you, halcionne, but is it wrong that I want to see 'pubic bufoonery' for our next user title? I'm going to think of this phrase now every time I see Jim Bob dry-humping Michelle on the putt putt course. :lol: :cracking-up:

As to Megyn Kelly, she lost me when I found out that the interview was going to be held at the Duggar residence. There's no way she'll ask the hard questions if there's a chance Jim Bob can throw her and the news crew out every time she says something they don't want to hear.

Do you think they are holding the interview at the Duggar's home because of all of the paparazzi that would be chasing them down and questioning them?

Sounds like the college I went to!

Then there's a whole part of America I don't know about.. God help us all (pun intended)

Sounds like the Taliban

Oh, I have no doubt that the interview will be carefully orchestrated, scripted, edited, and will continue to present the Duggars as good, wholesome, Christian folk that *wide eyed* honest to gosh did everything they could to handle such a hard situation.

I will be very surprised if it isn't.

Do you think they are holding the interview at the Duggar's home because of all of the paparazzi that would be chasing them down and questioning them?

No. The interview is being held in the Duggar home in order to control the interviewer.

I'm even surprised at Megyn Kelly vs something like the 700 Club. Even Megyn Kelly on FOX has a law degree, is a working mom with young kids and even more disturbing...wears defrauding sleeveless dresses and high heels!!! Wonder if she will have to "cover up" to enter the Duggar home.

I'm going to guess that autocorrect has grievously wronged you, halcionne, but is it wrong that I want to see 'pubic bufoonery' for our next user title? I'm going to think of this phrase now every time I see Jim Bob dry-humping Michelle on the putt putt course. :lol: :cracking-up:

As to Megyn Kelly, she lost me when I found out that the interview was going to be held at the Duggar residence. There's no way she'll ask the hard questions if there's a chance Jim Bob can throw her and the news crew out every time she says something they don't want to hear.

:laughing-rolling:

I'm afraid I can't use the autocorrect excuse, as I'm on a laptop. It must have been a Freudian slip; what does that say about me? :think:

:lol:

Then there's a whole part of America I don't know about.. God help us all (pun intended)

Sounds like the Taliban

I'm over here on the left coast. My hubs and I were indoctrinated as kids into RC-went to Catholic schools, the whole 9 yards. We even put our kids in Catholic schools. FF to recent years with all the scandals and we just had to walk away from the RCC. As we talked this morning, I was telling the hubs that even with all the problems in the RC and some of the church's teachings, the RCC is much more loving than other churches. In all my years, I never heard hate preached from the pulpit; no fire and brimstone. Again, I am on the left coast so maybe the clergy reflects the community.

The Duggars brand of faith is foreign to me.

Dr. Drew, Barbara Walters, ........

Rachel Maddow. And I'd LOVE to see her rip them a new one about LGBT rights.

I'm even surprised at Megyn Kelly vs something like the 700 Club. Even Megyn Kelly on FOX has a law degree, is a working mom with young kids and even more disturbing...wears defrauding sleeveless dresses and high heels!!! Wonder if she will have to "cover up" to enter the Duggar home.

I expect Boob to defer to J'Chelle to answer Megyn's questions.

Since this is Fox News we're talking about, I expect softball questions from Megyn all the way. You never know, she IS married and has three kids. If I were her, I wouldn't do what the Duggars and/or Fox mandate, I would ask the hard questions and not let them off the hook. It'd be fun to watch them squirm.

A ONE HOUR interview???? They are going to have to actually say something meaningful if the interview is that long. Unless they can bs for an hour and not really answer questions.

Bets on lots of footage showing a family that just loves babies and god and serving others by spewing hate towards LGBTQ.

All answers will be given in JBs ignorant, this is reality because it's how we interpret the bible and I'm just going to keep saying it and Michelle's milquetoast, simpering, subservient (where is my thesaurus?), wet noodle, sycophantic, obtuse, big-eyed, Gothard zombie voice.

their own FB page has an announcement about this interview. It WILL NOT BE anything but a damage control effort. Please don't give it ratings.

Will JB and M admit that 4 victims were their daughters? Or will they refuse to name them because of their privacy?

Because we read the police report, but most people haven't. Will they try to make it sound like same aged femal friends of Josh? Would that work? Is it common knowledge in the US that the victims were his sisters and that the youngest was only 4 years old?

Because I do think that makes a difference. Humans don't like incest, we're programmed to find it horrible. And teens discovering eachother feels different then a teen molesting a kindergartner. Will they try to hide the most ugly details?

I'm torn - I want them to admit that josh did this to his sisters and I know we all know they are the victims ... But I also want the girls to have confirming that be their choice.

I think because all this is probably only about protecting Josh and Boobchelle's reputation, the girls should be left out of it. JMO of course.

I'm torn - I want them to admit that josh did this to his sisters and I know we all know they are the victims ... But I also want the girls to have confirming that be their choice.

they absolutely will NOT admit to incest.

Unfortunately, a huge part of the problem is how the incidents were handled. Not isolating the affected from Josh is a problem. If it's not brought to light that JB and M's daughters were also involved, it only tells part of the story and let's JB and M off the hook for not protecting ALL of their children. If the Duggars mean to come clean and speak honestly about the incidents, they cannot cover-up the fact that 80% of the known victims were his siblings. Further, they need to address what they did for the girls.

That video of Michelle and JB leaving the home in the middle of the night (and stating they left the kids sleeping and no mention of any other adult in the home-Josh would have been 16 and the twins 14) to deliver Jackson in 2004, speaks volumes to me about how seriously they attempted to protect their kids.

JB did what he needed to do to protect his career and then sent Josh to Gothard manual labor work camp. Who knows what happened there.

oops, Sassypants, I didn't see your post on almost the exact same thing! I am betting on that hideous lime green[/q]

I'm betting on that bright blue combo

I also agree that the interview will probably be heavily edited, that JB and M will do everything possible to make themselves and Josh look like such good Christians and victims of the liberal media and society trying to persecute Christians and bring them down, and that Megyn Kelly will pander to them and ask few (if any) hard-hitting questions.

What I would love to see happen is Megyn asking hard-hitting questions on live TV. Even more fun would be (1) JB and M attempting to answer them on the fly without the benefit of being able to edit their answers and (2) all the "no comments", "we don't want to tarnish our brand", etc. answers that I'm sure they'd find themselves forced to give because of not wanting to face the truth of or acknowledge what happened.

What I fear is that, once again, like always seems to happen!, JB and M (and, in turn, Josh) will skate by and end up coming out of this all looking soooo contrite and remorseful and gaining sympathy from their leghumpers...while, once again, the girls who were molested (in fact, all the rest of the kids) get thrown under the bus. :angry-banghead:

Archived