My spelling and grammar aren't great, but there's this little thing called Microsoft Word that I run anything long that I post through. It's not a hard trick.

(And I am thankful that Chrome has a spellcheck feature).

Also, Bob is supposed to be the proof-reader. Clearly Bob isn't great at grammar either. If he was, he'd point out those mistakes, and she'd change them because he's the headship and she likes to please him above all else (her words not mine).

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[plaintive voice] can anybody explain to me what "pre-calculus" and "pre-algebra" mean? [/plaintive voice]

apart from "stuff you learn first", I mean...

(I did a maths degree)

I'm not exactly sure why it's called that, but it's not unique to Lifepac. I had pre-calculus in 12th grade public school. Probably just a US thing, if I had to guess.

I'm not exactly sure why it's called that, but it's not unique to Lifepac. I had pre-calculus in 12th grade public school. Probably just a US thing, if I had to guess.

It is. Pre Calc can usually mean things like trig and calculus solving skills. If you are advanced in math, you might take it early instead esp if youve already taken all the other math classes. If you struggle with math, you might take it later or before calculus to prepare.

I took calculus but never pre-calc. At my school it was a choice like that that let you set a space. I could have taken it but I took like Stats or something else and then Calc. My high school had a semester system, so like college you could get all your requirements out of the way or pack a year with math and then focus more on humanities,etc.

That's just it. I was in the honors track in high school and took honors algebra one (covering algebra one and alg 2), honors geometry, honors precalc (which also covered trig) and then AP Calc.

Erika bought her daughter a Beyonce perfume.

Her husband told her that perfume contains pheromones that physically attract men.

The perfume is going back to the store.

Bonus -- a commenter says Beyonce is involved in the occult.

Her husband told her that perfume contains pheromones that physically attract men.

I just saw this. It's the most ridiculous thing EVER. That comment about Beyonce being in the occult has 6 likes. I despair for humanity.

Keeping out worldly influences. The only people with time for spelling and grammar are liberals who aborted their children.

This is so true IME. You can literally tell where my friends are on the political spectrum according to how many typos are in their Facebook posts. The faster you type inattentively, the more fetuses you save, apparently. :doh:

The last 2 posts by Erica on Facebook have completely lost me! How ridiculous about the perfume! How does bob know all this about ladies perfume? The girls would not know a thing about Beyoncé I'm sure they just liked the scent....

Apparently Bob googled "beyonce heat pheromones" and "pheromones in perfume". I googled pheromones in perfume, and found conflicting things. Some people were saying that this pheromone thing is bullshit. Somewhere else said that young women naturally produce pheromones anyway, and that if men are attracted to women wearing perfume it's probably due to the woman feeling confident and being aware of her perfume.

Sadly, iheartchacos, I doubt Erika is trolling us. Fundies say and come up with a lot of weird bullshit.

Apparently Bob googled "beyonce heat pheromones" and "pheromones in perfume". I googled pheromones in perfume, and found conflicting things. Some people were saying that this pheromone thing is bullshit. Somewhere else said that young women naturally produce pheromones anyway, and that if men are attracted to women wearing perfume it's probably due to the woman feeling confident and being aware of her perfume.

Sadly, iheartchacos, I doubt Erika is trolling us. Fundies say and come up with a lot of weird bullshit.

My initial thought was, "What, is Erika (or Bob through Erika) going to ban sweat too because of the pheromones?" :roll:

Also, essential oils have made their way into the comments as a better alternative. Shocking.

You would think the fact that Beyoncé is basically everything that fundies loathe would be Erikas problem. But wow, the stuff these morons manage to come up with is just mind-blowing. :pink-shock: :cray-cray:

ETA: instead of the perfume, maybe someone should show the girls this video:

I'd love to see their parents reaction :cracking-up:

The last 2 posts by Erica on Facebook have completely lost me! How ridiculous about the perfume! How does bob know all this about ladies perfume? The girls would not know a thing about Beyoncé I'm sure they just liked the scent....

This and the cookie post about eating the last 3 cookies when you have 4 children are so WEIRD. liking this ladys'* Facebook has been quite amusing on a daily basis. I highly recommend it for anyone who likes fundie pages.

*I am inebriated at the moment and unsure if the ' went before or after the s. If I got it wrong, or any other mistake for that matter, don't yell at me.

She also reposted something from Ellen Degeneres. Does she not know about Ellen? It was hilarious. I literally LOL'd when I saw that.

She also reposted something from Ellen Degeneres. Does she not know about Ellen? It was hilarious. I literally LOL'd when I saw that.

Just waiting on someone to fill her in. :popcorn2: 31 likes and nothing. I'm surprised it's gotten that high.

So she has publicly insulted and denounced Beyonce? Someone alert the Beyhive! :stir-pot:

LOL every celebrity is being used by the illuminati according to somebody on the internet. I googled "beyonce illuminati" and got this hilariously lame (and way too long) video

but apparently the big illuminati giveaway was her superbowl appearance?? FFS, the illuminati is to the 2000s and 2010s what heavy metal was in the 70s and 80s: a silly, invented boogeyman for gullible christians to clutch their pearls over. :roll:

This and the cookie post about eating the last 3 cookies when you have 4 children are so WEIRD. liking this ladys'* Facebook has been quite amusing on a daily basis. I highly recommend it for anyone who likes fundie pages.

I was lost on the perfume and cookie thing too. It seems when you're a fundie, all you have left for pleasure is sugar.

So she has publicly insulted and denounced Beyonce? Someone alert the Beyhive! :stir-pot:

Does Bob have anything better to do than google teenage girl's perfume? So odd. :lol:

I was lost on the perfume and cookie thing too. It seems when you're a fundie, all you have left for pleasure is sugar.

Erika has banned herself from eating sugar. It's aaaaaaaaaalllllllllll about the artificial sweeteners.

largefamiliesonpurpose.com/2012/07/freedom-from-sugar-addiction.html

I mean, I know there is a problem with people eating far too much sugar these days, but the way she writes about it is cray-cray. Actually, I feel like that about quite a few of her posts. It's good to be organised, and having kids in a basic routine is good (i.e. regular bedtime so that they get adequate sleep), but the extent to which she goes... hoo boy.

Also, I find the Ellen DeGeneres thing weird too. But then, one of her "Encouraging Quotes" (the list that rolls up like credits on her blog sidebar) is by John Cleese, who is very anti-organised religion.

What's the 3 cookie/4 kid story? I haven't seen that.

She shared this image:

11666065_1104741126206155_6738083494565638674_n.jpg?oh=20875f873a0fb7bd9b83971e858bc50e&oe=56192E9D

With this caption:

lol. Eventually you get to a whole package because your family eats more than one package at a meal and you have to stop. Until then, enjoy your cookies.

Yeah, it's in the comments section of her modesty post. Here's the original comment:

Erika, of course, blames the elementary school she went to, and takes no responsibility herself:

A BA in what, BS?

I just saw this. It's the most ridiculous thing EVER. That comment about Beyonce being in the occult has 6 likes. I despair for humanity.

I can't find it I want to see that!

A BA in what, BS?

Early Childhood Education. She was even an elementary school teacher for a bit. Oh the irony...

(She said she had to unlearn a lot of what she'd learnt in her degree to be a better homeschooler. The unlearning clearly including spelling and grammar :nenner: )

Archived