Announcement video on her YouTube.

I really thought (and hoped) the twins would be her last, especially as she's admitted to using some form of contraception - she schedules her poor babies from day 1 so doesn't even get the limited and uncertain break that nursing on demand can provide.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to come back to this, but I'm pregnant and hormonal and just FURIOUS that the Shupes, who don't seem to enjoy the kids they have, are having another baby to torment into compliance. My parenting style verges towards attachment parenting for the first 18 months or so (cosleeping, baby wearing, nursing on demand, baby led weaning) and while I absolutely acknowledge that other methods work well for other families I can't wrap my head or my heart around leaving a fucking NEWBORN to cry it out, all in aid of fitting into the holy family schedule as soon as possible.

Wow. Just wow. Another kid in the Hamster Cage of Horrors.

But....but...she doesn't even enjoy the ones she has. This makes me so sad. What was her thought process? "Honey....I'm really feeling the need for one more thing to schedule. I think it's time for another baby." :?

The best part of that video? Watching her daughter's face. I'd love to add thought bubbles to that video. That poor girl.

"WHAT?!? I'm not ready for another one, Mom!"

"Please please please let this be a joke!"

This makes me sad also!! Does anyone know how old she is.

She's got to be nearing the end of her reproductive years - her eldest daughter must be at least 17 or 18 and I don't think Erica married insanely early.

I hope the baby will be okay. She was pregnant with #10 several years ago and lost it. With her age, the risks of a miscarriage go up. I also hope, for the baby's sake, that it is a boy as that girl's room is filled to the brim. I feel so sorry for those two older girls who are already their mom's slave. :(

Wanna take bets on how long until they decide the dog won't fit into a home with an infant?

noooooooo

I said this out loud just now when I read the thread title. Now I want to :angry-banghead:

Wanna take bets on how long until they decide the dog won't fit into a home with an infant?

Well before the baby arrives, is my guess. :?

I saw this post over on GOMI and immediately came here cos I just knew someone would've made a thread.

This woman is an out-and-out whackadoodle. Melanie's reaction was basically :pink-shock:. Kind of like, "Are you SERIOUS?" Probably because there hasn't been an announcement in three years, and of course last time she miscarried.

She has no bloody room in that house. The cells are cramped enough as is without another baby. It'll sleep in the closet for a year before being shunted sideways into a cell. And OMG, Erika's giggle and grin is just so bloody scary.

If she's due in January, she'd've conceived only last month, meaning she's doing a Jill Duggar Dillard and telling everyone really early. This is exactly what she did last time, even creating a whole post, before having to add "The Lord ended up taking this little life to be with Him much earlier than we would have chosen (11 weeks gestation)" at the top.

Also, like Loveday said, I hope she isn't one of those assholes who ditches a dog when a baby comes along.

Sorry to come back to this, but I'm pregnant and hormonal and just FURIOUS that the Shupes, who don't seem to enjoy the kids they have, are having another baby to torment into compliance. My parenting style verges towards attachment parenting for the first 18 months or so (cosleeping, baby wearing, nursing on demand, baby led weaning) and while I absolutely acknowledge that other methods work well for other families I can't wrap my head or my heart around leaving a fucking NEWBORN to cry it out, all in aid of fitting into the holy family schedule as soon as possible.

Sorry for double post, but absolutely 100% this. I don't have children yet, but would like some one day. Does this woman have a heart of ice or something to let a NEWBORN cry it out?? Plus the fact she only feeds them once in a blue moon. Actually, come to think of it, I think she does feed them more frequently at first, before getting into the full routine and having it sleep-trained by three months. I got jaundice as a baby and had to be put into a bili box (basically a box fitted with blue light to treat the jaundice), with my eyes covered for protection. My poor mother WANTED to cuddle me but couldn't. I couldn't imagine being able to cuddle a baby but choosing not to.

I feel so sorry for this kid's future. Sleep trained by three months. Only being fed every four hours. Being stuck in a play yard at six months. Going to the SOTDRT. Sharing a cramped cell with its siblings. And, if it's a girl, having no future apart from being a SAHM and perpetual baby incubator.

Her two oldest girls should consider courting some Duggar boys (the twins perhaps) because becoming a Duggar would be a vacation to them.

I will be surprised if at least 1 of her kids doesn't kill themselves before the age of 18. The kind of pressure those kids must be living with to have every second of their days scheduled has to be insanity-inducing. Human beings aren't meant to be so regimented. That sort of shit breaks people.

*puke*

Where are they? I will take the dog.

They're near Mount Vernon, Skagit Valley, Washington.

Side note: seeing as I know the Shupes live there, I looked up Washington on Wikipedia (not from America). It seems to be a pretty 'liberal' state as in Democrat. This being in contrast with the Maxwells, who live in Kansas, the Duggars, who live in Arkansas, and the Bateses, who live in Tennessee, which are all very Republican states. From what I can tell, Erika and Bob have always lived in Washington. Indeed, they live about half an hour away from Erika's parents. I know they might just choose to live in Washington, and they say they don't have the money to move right now, I just find it really interesting, because usually big fundie families live in deeply Republican states.

DGayle: maybe not suicide, but I can see at least one of them having some kind of breakdown once they've left home. It'll be OK for the boys, who'll be able to have a job and get out of the house, but the girls will likely suffer more. Just because people like Jill Duggar and Alyssa Bates get knocked up soon after marriage, doesn't mean everyone will. It might take ages for them to get pregnant, and what the heck will they do all day? Erika's already said she doesn't let her girls schedule their own day, because apparently, even though they're sixteen and fifteen, are still likely to not be very productive, and need Mom's guidance. If they don't have this kind of autonomy when they're at home, what they'll be like alone in a house whilst their husbands are working, I dread to think.

Fundies are EVERYWHERE! A lot of my fundy relatives live in Melbourne. Look it up. Melbourne! Arts capital of Australia. Wonderful city. My parents live a super rich rural area. (They aren't super rich - they're farmers. The area around them is being taken over by rich Sydneysiders for country weekenders.) in the middle of this area ... massive Plymouth Brethren Church.

I think, too, if you read back far enough, the Maxwells are originally from Washington. Someone with more knowledge can fill in the details here. I think they moved to Kansas when Steve left engineering and started CC but I could be wrong.

The poor dog.

I will be surprised if at least 1 of her kids doesn't kill themselves before the age of 18. The kind of pressure those kids must be living with to have every second of their days scheduled has to be insanity-inducing. Human beings aren't meant to be so regimented. That sort of shit breaks people.

Not making light of this topic, but I don't think they will, just because when would they ever have the time alone to actually do it? The house is crowded and I bet they're not allowed in the bathroom very long, either.

Well this is a surprise. I thought for sure that she was finished having children. She is very confident, announcing so soon, the risk of miscarriage is high at her age... I believe she is well over 40 but can't remember where I saw anything to that effect.

To be honest I feel sad for her eldest daughters, this will likely increase their workload even more...

Archived