IGNORED

Get your FFRREEEEE Moody book......

Justme

7) every time maddie says a complete, grammatically correct sentence but Sarah writes it in the ridiculous way. seriously. Doie.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder when Steve will come out with a statement on the Duggar situation. You know, Jim Dob is that good Christian man who endorses Maxwell books, and Steve lets his precious childults go to Duggar weddings.

I always get the impression that Steve is bourgeois and respects the laws unlike some of our other Fundies, I think he will drop the Duggars like a hot potato and remove Jim Bob's endorsement ASAP. Without further comment.

I agree, Steve will drop them. When Doug the Tool Phillips resigned, Steve posted a vague blog post about how sad he was about the sins of a fellow homeschooling christian or something like that. I suspect the same vague-type post, with DimBulb's forward removed from whatever book it was in, except perhaps an extra jab about "the beast" as that is how the Duggars made their money. Heck, he'll probably take a sharpie to the ones already printed.

7) every time maddie says a complete, grammatically correct sentence but Sarah writes it in the ridiculous way. seriously. Doie.

I might leave that one off the list. You don't want to end up with with alcohol poisoning and getting your stomach pumped.

God, that was so annoying.

One chapter in. Not sure why Sarah explained who the characters were before the book even started. Especially when she referenced things know nothing about before the book starts, like Honey. Although I have a pretty smart kid. Like extremely smart. He never talked like that at that age.

Also the chapter titles in the graphics and the chapter titles in the kindle outline don't match up. Chapter 2 in the graphic header is No One's Home and in the outline it is Happy Reunion

I wonder when Steve will come out with a statement on the Duggar situation. You know, Jim Dob is that good Christian man who endorses Maxwell books, and Steve lets his precious childults go to Duggar weddings.

I always get the impression that Steve is bourgeois and respects the laws unlike some of our other Fundies, I think he will drop the Duggars like a hot potato and remove Jim Bob's endorsement ASAP. Without further comment.

I, too, have been wondering if the Maxwells will do anything in response to the Duggar revelations. However, it would surprise me if they post an actual blog entry stating their position, given their general stance of not commenting on most current events. The Maxwells seem to adhere to the philosophy of "blog entry or it didn't happen". In my opinion, if they do anything at all in response to this, I think they're more likely to scrub the blog, and the debt-free book, of any references to the Duggars.

I agree, Steve will drop them. When Doug the Tool Phillips resigned, Steve posted a vague blog post about how sad he was about the sins of a fellow homeschooling christian or something like that. I suspect the same vague-type post, with DimBulb's forward removed from whatever book it was in, except perhaps an extra jab about "the beast" as that is how the Duggars made their money. Heck, he'll probably take a sharpie to the ones already printed.

There are still pages of Duggar references on the titus2 blog. Is it possible they havent heard about the Duggars yet? :shifty-kitty:

One chapter in. Not sure why Sarah explained who the characters were before the book even started. Especially when she referenced things know nothing about before the book starts, like Honey. Although I have a pretty smart kid. Like extremely smart. He never talked like that at that age.

You mean, if your child at 10 heard a loud, strange noise at night, he wouldn't run into your room and say "Mom and Dad, I beg your forgiveness, but I have a matter of utmost importance!"?

There are still pages of Duggar references on the titus2 blog. Is it possible they havent heard about the Duggars yet? :shifty-kitty:

That is a possibility.

Hey Steve! Stop reading this Moody thread, and go jump over to quiver full of duggars, the Lord wants you to know something.

"“Dad,†Max was thoughtful. “You know how you put the trash out last night?†“Yes?†“Well, I just remembered that they don’t pick up on holidays, so we won’t have any trash collection today!

“You’re right! I didn’t even think of that myself. The Lord used my mistake for us to find Honey for Mrs. Clifton!â€

-- my comments--

Why oh why didn't God just work his God magic so that the dog didn't get loose in the first place?

So, they don't know this Mrs. Clifton well enough to know she had a dog, or broke her hip, or any of the neighbors but they have her phone number?

eTa: I am dumb, number was in the collar

"“Dad,†Max was thoughtful. “You know how you put the trash out last night?†“Yes?†“Well, I just remembered that they don’t pick up on holidays, so we won’t have any trash collection today!

“You’re right! I didn’t even think of that myself. The Lord used my mistake for us to find Honey for Mrs. Clifton!â€

-- my comments--

Why oh why didn't God just work his God magic so that the dog didn't get loose in the first place?

Becaaaaaaaaaaaaaause, if he made sure Honey didn't get loose, than Mr. Moody would have never gotten the idea for the kids do a pet sitting business, so he could know they were responsible enough for a dog, so he could get the runt of the litter from his coworker, and since his coworker had to move, the runt would have had to die!

The lord has a plan for everything!

For fucks sake this is horrible writing.

---

“We’re sorry to hear about your health troubles,†Mom replied. “We want to offer to care for Honey until you can come home. Your house is right around the corner from us, and the children can easily walk there every day. They really like Honey and would be happy to help.â€

“Then I will accept. But I’m afraid that would be a lot of trouble.â€

Dad said, “Mrs. Clifton, we would like to take care of Honey.â€

Mrs. Clifton smiled. “You all are too kind. I have a question. Are you Christians?â€

“We are,†Dad agreed, “yes. I’m only a sinner saved by the blood of Jesus and trusting Him.â€

“I knew it. I could tell from the moment your family walked in. I knew you were not an ordinary family. I, too, know Him as my personal Savior. I would be very grateful if you would care for Honey.â€

--who cares? Who cares if the person feeding and watering your dog is a Christian? It isn't like the dog is going to get saved. And how can she tell they are saved?

To whom it may concern: My name is Mollie Moody. I am nine years old. I would like to have a little business selling things such as cookies and sweet breads to my neighbors. I wanted to know if I may do that without having a permit. I will not sell very much, maybe a few dozen cookies per week. Please reply as soon as possible. Sincerely, Mollie Moody

--

Uh Sarah, sweetbreads are not what you think they are. I have never seen anyone use that phrase when they didn't mean organ meat

Part of me, a very, very, very small part of me wants to read the most recent book to see if Sarah has matured any as a writer.

I've read four of those books. Mrs. Moody is not present in any of them. Once the twins are born, she's always in the other room nursing them or taking a nap because they were awake all night crying.

How have you managed to read four of these? I would never be able to manage it. I can't even recommend them as an insomnia cure because you just lie awake afterward feeling sorry for the utterly joyless Maxwell/Moodys.

I think this is making me even more sad for Sarah.

Yep. No doubt in my mind, Mollie is Sarah, and the boys are Christopher and Nathan, and we are seeing exactly how Steve and Teri parented their kids. One as a domineering ass or correcting their every move and one who was absent.

I am on chapter 9 and it's so sad. The lame hide and seek game the mother plays says so much about Terri. (And the constant resting).

I am on chapter 9 and it's so sad. The lame hide and seek game the mother plays says so much about Terri. (And the constant resting).

I don't know what was sadder, the fact a game of hide and seek with the parents was a rare treat during special family time or that the mom just half assed it.

Really? I thought sweetbread was like banana bread or something.

I am sure that is what they meant. But usually it's offal, like pancreas or thymus. If someone offers you sweatbreads that is what it usually means.

I have never heard anyone refer to quick breads, like banana bread, as sweet breads.

Eta: thymus, not thalamus. iPad autocorrect helping me.

For fucks sake this is horrible writing.

---

“We’re sorry to hear about your health troubles,†Mom replied. “We want to offer to care for Honey until you can come home. Your house is right around the corner from us, and the children can easily walk there every day. They really like Honey and would be happy to help.â€

“Then I will accept. But I’m afraid that would be a lot of trouble.â€

Dad said, “Mrs. Clifton, we would like to take care of Honey.â€

Mrs. Clifton smiled. “You all are too kind. I have a question. Are you Christians?â€

“We are,†Dad agreed, “yes. I’m only a sinner saved by the blood of Jesus and trusting Him.â€

“I knew it. I could tell from the moment your family walked in. I knew you were not an ordinary family. I, too, know Him as my personal Savior. I would be very grateful if you would care for Honey.â€

--who cares? Who cares if the person feeding and watering your dog is a Christian? It isn't like the dog is going to get saved. And how can she tell they are saved?

Apologies for spelling, this is typed on my phone.

"We're sorry to hear about your health troubles," said Emily. "We want to offer to care for honey while you are away. The children could walk over and take care of it. They really like honey, they'd be happy to help."

Mrs Clifton looked at the children. They were all smiling identical robotic smiles, but she could still read the look of hopeful anticipation. They must know I'm a sucker for kids, she thought irritatedly,

"Then I will accept... However, I am afraid it would be too much trouble for them."

And if they find it too much trouble, they might not follow through.

Mr moody said, "mrs. Clifton, we would like to take care of honey,"

Mrs Clifton sighed. The father was a jerk, but how could she resist those sweet little faces? Poor kids. This might be the only they got. I can always ask Maude Bagwell to keep an eye on things for me when the moodys aren't looking....

Mrs Clifton glanced down at the bible in me Moodys hands, and how he kept glancing it, as though scared god would strike him dead.

"You are all too kind," she said warmly to the children.

"Tell me," she said to mr moody, since he seemed so badly to want to be asked. "Are you christians?"

"We are," dad answers, l"I am only a poor sinner saved by the blood of the lamb. I trust in Jesus."

Mea Clifton nodded. "Yes... Yes I could tell the moment you walked in the room...I knew that you were not an ordinary family... "

And then, since the moodys seemed waiting for her to say something, she went on. "I too knkw him as my, ER, personal savior."

She turned to the kids. "And I would be very happy tonhaventhw hildren look after honey."

Ugh. Excuse phone, it is on stupid mode

Archived