IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part Eleventy

Nishi621

I also think Michelle made that comment about her milk being "skim" because she is trying to justify weaning at 6 months as being for some reason other than to have the next baby asap!

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Duggars do not get paid individually for the magazine covers/features. Those are part of their contract with TLC. TLC has an agreement with certain publications to feature their shows. It happens with a lot of shows.

Do each of the adult members of the show get a separate paycheck?

I also think Michelle made that comment about her milk being "skim" because she is trying to justify weaning at 6 months as being for some reason other than to have the next baby asap!

I seem to remember Michelle claiming a long time ago that she still gets pregnant while breastfeeding? I think she said something along the lines of her knowing she's pregnant because her milk has changed and the current baby doesn't like it or something like that.

I seem to remember Michelle claiming a long time ago that she still gets pregnant while breastfeeding? I think she said something along the lines of her knowing she's pregnant because her milk has changed and the current baby doesn't like it or something like that.

You CAN get pregnant while nursing. And with an IUD in place. You can get pregnant with both of these things going. I know.

The Duggars do not get paid individually for the magazine covers/features. Those are part of their contract with TLC. TLC has an agreement with certain publications to feature their shows. It happens with a lot of shows.

I never said that the Duggars get paid for magazine work. I feel almost certain that all the magazine coverage is the work of TLC & individual Duggars have little or no say (or financial stake) in any of it.. But when TLC STOPS working to get the Duggars media coverage--the Duggars need to start worrying.

I've been noticing recently, and forgive me if that has been discussed already somewhere else, that the Duggar women almost always stare at their husband when he is talking. It's rarely happening the other way around.

Does anyone know if that is actually a rule that they have to follow or if it just developed because of their patriarchal views?

One example is the recently posted clip "Help Nepal" on TLC

tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/videos/help-nepal/

edit to add that this is my first comment here! :)

edit to break the link...

I've been noticing recently, and forgive me if that has been discussed already somewhere else, that the Duggar women almost always stare at their husband when he is talking. It's rarely happening the other way around.

Does anyone know if that is actually a rule that they have to follow or if it just developed because of their patriarchal views?

I think it's just part of the 'keeping sweet' mentality. They need to show utmost devotion to their husbands because they are nothing but wives to their husbands and mothers to their children.

God forbid they look disinterested in their husbands.

I have noticed that Jana does that in TH, the other person is always female. Not sure about the others.

Michelle has done it with JB for years, and has discussed why she does it, though I don't remember the particulars, i.e., is it "a personal conviction," or is it a Gothardism? My guess is that it's a Gothardism. In any case, she has drilled it into her daughters' heads that you need to make googly eyes at your husband while he talks to others. You've got to stroke that fragile male ego at all times, helpmeets!

PS: It looks silly on camera, imo. Better to stroke viewers' fragile egos by looking in their direction! If they ever do get actual media training, the trainer will have a hell of a time breaking them of that habit. :roll:

I call it VLA: Vapid Look of Adoration.

OT, but ... I vote this be a new tagline. LOL. :lol:

Michelle has done it with JB for years, and has discussed why she does it, though I don't remember the particulars, i.e., is it "a personal conviction," or is it a Gothardism? My guess is that it's a Gothardism. In any case, she has drilled it into her daughters' heads that you need to make googly eyes at your husband while he talks to others. You've got to stroke that fragile male ego at all times, helpmeets!

PS: It looks silly on camera, imo. Better to stroke viewers' fragile egos by looking in their direction! If they ever do get actual media training, the trainer will have a hell of a time breaking them of that habit. :roll:

I remember reading that, to them, looking adoringly at your husband while talking shows that you respect him and will therefore entice others to respect him. I actually think this was part of their 7 Things All Men Need or something :roll: But to be fair, they say the man should look adoringly at the wife when she's speaking too..

ETA: Still looking for the place were I read this, but in the meantime, this will work. Be prepared to get pissed off.. iblp.org/questions/how-can-i-meet-my-husbands-basic-needs

The VLA (I love that) is a fundie thing although others may do it. It's taught as part of a class at our local IFB church. Yes, there is a class that is basically adoring your husband.

The VLA (I love that) is a fundie thing although others may do it. It's taught as part of a class at our local IFB church. Yes, there is a class that is basically adoring your husband.

Where's the barfing SweetPea?

I don't know if this question has been covered before I came on board or not. Just wondering. Since most people who tithe give to their church and the Duggars home church, and they do tithe, who gets the $$$ ?

Definition:

tithe

/taɪð/

noun

(often pl) ( Christianity) a tenth part of agricultural or other produce, personal income, or profits, contributed either voluntarily or as a tax for the support of the church or clergy or for charitable purposes

any levy, esp of one tenth

a tenth or very small part of anything

I remember reading that, to them, looking adoringly at your husband while talking shows that you respect him and will therefore entice others to respect him. I actually think this was part of their 7 Things All Men Need or something :roll: But to be fair, they say the man should look adoringly at the wife when she's speaking too..

ETA: Still looking for the place were I read this, but in the meantime, this will work. Be prepared to get pissed off.. iblp.org/questions/how-can-i-meet-my-husbands-basic-needs

De-lurking (hi, FJ!) to say :pink-shock: to that link!

De-lurking (hi, FJ!) to say :pink-shock: to that link!

Yeah, that link was something else. If I had to guess, I'd put the VLA under item two: A man needs a wife who honors his leadership. I would quote the bit about a wife's duty to "reverence" her husband, but I died a little just by reading it and I don't have it in me to quote a tidbit, since it's all hilarious and terrifying.

We've upset the leghumpers! There is a photo of Derrick, Dan & Israel on Instagram today and the comments make for quite entertaining reading. An example is below.

post-2352-14452000190933_thumb.jpg

We've upset the leghumpers! There is a photo of Derrick, Dan & Israel on Instagram today and the comments make for quite entertaining reading. An example is below.

That's not a very Christ-like comment. :naughty:

Meaning the leghumper, of course, not Miggy. 8-)

It's been many years ago now but Michelle was once photographed with a booklet put out by Gothard. It was something like "the 49 things wives should know" so an expansion of the 7 Rules that was posted above. We managed to get a copy and it posted here on FJ. One of the rules was about a woman's hair. It should be curly. I remember that because we thought that was a personal preference by Gothard. Also the infamous Adoring Gaze was covered. A wife should always look at her husband with adoration whenever he speaks. Just baffling and proof that any woman with an ounce of sense could never willingly practice Gothardism.

Whose Instagram? Disappointed to find out we're freaks. I was kind of liking us.

Whose Instagram? Disappointed to find out we're freaks. I was kind of liking us.

It's on the "The Duggar Family" Instagram account (@duggarfam).

If it's on the Duggar family Instagram, it looks like that comment was deleted.

mummymayhem23 is making the leghumpers work, I love it

bkA9Q4Jm.png

IwMTGWSm.png

2tjwZgym.png

GXugvrRm.png

ZA0QF43m.png

Who runs this insta? Jinger? Someduggar will see this and have to think about it. :clap:

Archived