IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part Eleventy

Nishi621

Just showing Jana feeding peas out of a can to one of the howlers.

These early episodes should be required watching for new fj members.... :D

Omg, I'm watching that too and thought the exact thing. I haven't watched these early episodes for years and I'm looking for my spoon top gag on. I'm having a lot of give me a fucking break moments.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just showing Jana feeding peas out of a can to one of the howlers.

These early episodes should be required watching for new fj members.... :D

I think the early episode are important because you see more of the crazy. The family look almost normal now. Whereas before they were 18 in matching frumpers and polos.

Plus, you saw a lot more of the Michelle craziness.

TLC is doing a marathon tonight of the early Duggar episodes staring with 14 children and pregnant again. It starts at 7

Watching 14 kids... I had forgotten there was a Justin Duggar. :?

I LOVE the original episodes. They ask them questions about their beliefs, and the kids responses are so geniune and unrehearsed. They're so obviously jist spouting off things. It is the most candid we will ever see the Duggars, I think. Jill's responses and her pauses when she realizes that she makes zero sense GOLD. YES. They show quite a bit of Jinger because she was one of the more interesting kids.

Watching 14 kids... I had forgotten there was a Justin Duggar. :?

Yep. I couldn't pick Justin or Jason out of lineup. Just faces in the crowd...

So they went to Disneyland, bought Disney clothing, got golden ears and knew who snow white and the 7 dwarfs are. Sinners.

I can't stop watching. Grrrr

On tonight's past visit with the Duggars Michelle's oldest sister came for a visit. It seems to me that she may have passed away. Does anyone remember if this is true. She also has a gay sister as well.

I thought it was another sister, not Pam? But grandpa was in pretty good shape when they showed him.

Taking a moment to pray for this God Awful hair in these old specials. Especially Jana's bangs.

Jackson was almost named Judah Benjamin (google that name.) NEVER FORGET.

Taking a moment to pray for this God Awful hair in these old specials. Especially Jana's bangs.

Soo damn frizzy, like humidityx2000 , they definitely need before and after pics.

And those pink curtains. And the black boots the girls wore that must've been used by Laura Ingalls. And was that a lawn jockey statue at their old house?

when did they move away from the frumpers? Was it all at once, or did they gradually stop wearing them. I remember them from the early shows, and then it just seemed like they were gone and Michelle was wearing the ever present denim skirt and green maternity top and the girls were looking more stylish, and the boys were wearing much more casual clothing, even some t shirts

when did they move away from the frumpers? Was it all at once, or did they gradually stop wearing them. I remember them from the early shows, and then it just seemed like they were gone and Michelle was wearing the ever present denim skirt and green maternity top and the girls were looking more stylish, and the boys were wearing much more casual clothing, even some t shirts

I think the move was fairly gradual and coincided with the move from specials to a weekly show. I started noticing it in the last special "Duggars' Big Family Album" which featured Jenny's birth, it had really kicked in by Jordyn's birth between seasons 1 and 2 and was almost over by Mackynzie's birth (season 3). Pictures provided for comparison.

post-2623-14452000196319_thumb.jpg

post-2623-1445200019648_thumb.jpg

post-2623-14452000196692_thumb.jpg

These old episodes really highlight the amount of work the older girls did, especially Jana. Jana is always holding a baby. At one point they showed Michelle calling upstairs to tell Jana or Jill to put the little ones down for their naps! Michelle wasn't even busy. She relied on them way too much.

Michelle said they wore those ugly nasty frumpers to draw attention to their face. Michelle if I saw you out in public wearing that the last thing I would be looking at is your face.

And how the hell were these people going to build a home on their damn own. Jimbob better thank is lucky stars tlc came in and helped. That house would've been put together with duct tape

Sodom and Gomorrah was not destroyed because of gay people, it was destroyed because they were arrogant gluttons who did not help the poor and needy. I may be a Free Jinger freak but at least I know the Bible more than these folks.

'Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

Ezekiel 16:49

I said the exact same thing to a group of christians yet they said I was wrong and just attacked me.

I said the exact same thing to a group of christians yet they said I was wrong and just attacked me.

And the next verse (Ezekiel 16:50) adds: “And they were haughty and committed abomination before Me; therefore I took them away as I saw fit," so I think a lot of people focus only on the "abomination" referred to in Genesis 18 and 19, although there were definitely MANY abominations listed in Ezekiel, and of course angel gang rape is not the same thing as a consenting homosexual relationship. Sorry to belabor. I was just reading about all this after pondering the supreme court's recent argument about gay marriage (and its relation to some Christians/gay people I know personally).

Yeah. I joined this site a week ago and was able to post a new topic immediately but then found myself in a new rule/old rule change the next day and finally reached the 75 minimum responses needed to post my next new topic so I wanted to play a game.

One thing I've noticed about 19+C (I've only watched this show for past 2 seasons) is that they continue to refer to still caring/feeding 19 in their home. Now they haven't had 19 kids in that house for nearly 6-7 years now (as Josh has been married for that amount of time) but they still act like all are there. Now Jill and Jessa and Joseph are out of the house as well so we are down to 15. Additionally, not trying to jump the shark here, but I doubt JB&M will be having a 20th at this point. So the game I am proposing is renaming the show. So what would you like to call the show.

Here are a few suggestions:

15+decreasing;

Waiting for 200+grandchildren;

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus but where are JB&M from;

Welcome to fundie prison;

What's your ideas.

The parents don't say too much about John David. I know that JB has made a comment about JD needing to find his mate. The little kids have said that he is the only sibling who doesn't have a buddy system. He is 25 yrs old and is the only one who seems to have a job if even a part time one as a constable/peace officer. I believe that he comes home to do a bit of filming to get a few $$$ and the producers will put him in by interviews, you really don't see him too much in the background at this stage (probably because of his working schedule). We also know that he does own a house but supposedly rents it out rather than live in it. At this stage why would he want to share a bedroom with his younger siblings from tween to teen years? I just don't see anyone being able to function as an adult sleeping in a large dorm room with children and I doubt that he is in there a lot of the time. That day/evening they showed him with JB in the cop car seemed like an evening shift so he would come home late and then head into the room and you wouldn't want to woken up by young kids at 7 am if you worked a nightshift. I think he may go out to that warehouse for privacy or even go sleep in the bus outside the garage area when its not hot. Do you really believe that he comes home to that room to sleep everynight?

List your best guesses on the following:

Jinger, now Jessa is married leaving Jinger to take over more jurisdictions in Tth how long before she finds beau and enters into a Courtship?

Joseph, now at college, do you think he will ever fully return to live at the Tth (other than for holidays and summer semester off time) or do you think he graduates and gets married immediately never to return to Tth?

Josiah, now in courtship with Marjorie. How long before they are married?

I think Jinger is getting motivated to find a beau and leave and I wouldn't blink twice if she announced same by this time next year.

I don't think Joseph will live back at Tth other than off times from college and when he returns he'll announce marriage so in next 2-4 yrs.

I think Josiah/Marjorie will be married by end of 2015.

Archived