IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part Eleventy

Nishi621

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like the Duggars are civic and political minded enough to serve, certainly JD would. They might try to get out of it, but IMO no more than anyone else would.

But I could see where a court might not want to call them, too much attention drawn to the "celebrity" in their midst rather than on the business of the court.

I thought it was JoHannah? Could be wrong though...

I looked it up on Wikipedia and I think you must be right. The special was called "16 Children and Moving In"; Josie's #19, making Jordyn #18, Jenny #17 and Hannie #16.

I'm glad that mainstream media has picked up on this story - ABC News, not just Radar Online and inquisitr.

Jill was raised to be a mom. She's a midwife trainee. Her social circle has many moms with many children (other ATI /fundie families). Being a mom is her full-time job. If she got it wrong, how surprising is it that other moms do too?

Instead of having no comment, Jill could use this situation and her "fame" to do some good: become an advocate for proper use of a baby sling.

I'm glad that mainstream media has picked up on this story - ABC News, not just Radar Online and inquisitr.

Jill was raised to be a mom. She's a midwife trainee. Her social circle has many moms with many children (other ATI /fundie families). Being a mom is her full-time job. If she got it wrong, how surprising is it that other moms do too?

Instead of having no comment, Jill could use this situation and her "fame" to do some good: become an advocate for proper use of a baby sling.

I agree, BUT...

Work???? Expend energy? Have a goal of educating others? Please.

The muffin is above all that.

Definitely Johannah in the nook in the parents room in the Moving In special. I remember the theme throughout the show being trying to get the house finished so they could move in before she was born but it took longer than expected. (The builder brought in by TLC based his first estimate on finishing off the house, then he found he had to redo a lot of what was done by JB.) At the end we see Johannah in her cot and the five older girls in the dorm. I can't remember the cot though.

I agree, BUT...

Work???? Expend energy? Have a goal of educating others? Please.

The muffin is above all that.

I agree. She could do that. But she won't. She's too busy with her scripted reality show.

And when her life goes off-script, as with birthing Israel, she's at a complete loss.

The Duggars, the folks who feel need to procreate to repopulate the Earth, are releasing idiots onto society.

Channeling the Duggars just a little bit

At Walmart I cut through the clothing department and on a whim looked at a display of long skirts. Tried one on and bought it. I'm not really into skirts, but it looked good with my sandals.

Should I be worried? :lol:

I could see any of the no-name girls serving just fine (Jana, Jinger) or boys, if they're around. I could see JB angling to be foreman if he were on a jury, Josh too. I don't think celebrity would excuse any of them; as I recall, Oprah was called to a jury back in the early 2000s at the height of her fame (and the guy was convicted of murder).

Just wonder if the girls would be required to have a chaperone or if they'd have to turn over their $7 in daily jury pay to JB.

Johannah, because they were asking Joy how excited she was about *finally* having a sister.

If TLC hadn't stepped in I seriously wonder if that house would be finished yet.

Johannah, because they were asking Joy how excited she was about *finally* having a sister.

If TLC hadn't stepped in I seriously wonder if that house would be finished yet.

They might finally have finished it within the last year, probably. I mean, I would think even the completely inept could finish a house within 16(?) years (wasn't it said in one of the original specials that they'd been working on it 6 years already? or was it six months? Even still.) Jim Bob would joke to everyone that they completed it on Duggar Time.

I don't think any of the "kids" are smart enough to manage something like that.

Here's a worse thought. Can you imagine serving on a jury with a Duggar? :pull-hair:

I don't think they're conscientious objectors; we know how judgmental they are. Which is why any defense lawyer in their right mind would excuse them during the jury selection process. In CA, at least, either side can excuse whoever they want for any reason at all. Legal teams sometimes have potential jurors answer questionnaires and dismiss folks who answer the questions in ways that suggest the juror may not be inclined to lean whichever way the team wants them to.

How many people live in that house again? Where was everyone? The house appeared EMPTY but for those 3 pretending to look for a baby crib.

The gift Cathy (Kathy?) gave Derick at the end of that clip was incredibly thoughtful. What a great grandma.

I'm not positive if they are or are not conscientious objectors. I assume they are because none of them are in the military, as far as I know.

What is up with Josie's hair? Was Michelle putting baby lotion in it? It looks so gross.

And seriously...what is with all the feet on kitchen counters in this family? Yuck.

I'm not positive if they are or are not conscientious objectors. I assume they are because none of them are in the military, as far as I know.

:?

Conscientious objection for jury duty is not the same as conscientious for military service. The fact that they vote, that JB held elected office, that John David ran for office and currently works in (volunteer) law enforcement all make it pretty hard to argue that they are conscientious objectors for jury duty. Honestly, I expect that they want to serve on juries. That's part of the God's army, power in numbers thing. Have lots of babies so they can take over the world through the ballot box. Serving on juries is just an extension on that.

When I lived in CA & NV they really were cracking down on exceptions. I could maybe see them getting out of it bc their presence is a distraction? Prosecution would love them; defense nosomuch. I think the Duggars would love to be on a jury bc they could impose their values and make a big deal about it. But considering the area they live there are probably heaps of Christian conservatives in jury pool.

Maybe they could get out of because of that. But, remember Oprah served on a jury back in 2004.

Archived