IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part Eleventy

Nishi621

Every time I see a magazine, online media site or news source referring to Jill and Jessa as DUGGAR-Seewald or DUGGAR-Dillard, I do a little happy dance in happy dance in my head and smile.

I would love to know not just Boobs thought on this but other fundies in general. I can only imagine it's okay because it's the DUGGAR daughters. No way Anna could of been (genuinely blanking on her maiden name, which kind of proves my point lol) Keller-Duggar.

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying your babies were over weight but babies usually lose weight after birth.

Little IDD looks perfectly fine to me. It would be very unusual for breast milk not to meet the baby's needs unless the mother is starving. Your body will take every nutrient from your body to make milk even at the cost of your own health.

Michelle's talk about making skim milk is nonsense. She just needed an excuse for her early weaning,

Ik think Michelle was saying that because the hospital was adding fortifier to the milk before they gave it to Josie. Very common with preemies.

It looks like Jill is producing the skim milk too.

Am I the only one whose babies were as round as beach balls? Mine were barely 7lbs at birth but I swear to BOB they gained 5 lbs in the first 2 weeks. I must have been making whipped cream. LOL!

I'll bet the shit diet they consume is the cause!

OT: Are you on Ravelry? That's the only place I've seen swearing to and oh my Bob!! :-)

OT: Are you on Ravelry? That's the only place I've seen swearing to and oh my Bob!! :-)

Nope- my skill are not that advanced. I have seen it quite a bit on Cafemom.

OT, but your avatar keeps giving me the feeling that I have seen that person somewhere. It looks like Emma Watson but also not like her xD

Who is it?

It's Clara Oswin Oswald, AKA Jenna Coleman, from Doctor Who! (Do we have a TARDIS icon?) Today is her birthday, according to the Doctor Who Hub.

Nope- my skill are not that advanced. I have seen it quite a bit on Cafemom.

Ah, okay. Bob the Boston Terrier is the Ravelry mascot. Many people OMB instead of OMG. ;)

It's Clara Oswin Oswald, AKA Jenna Coleman, from Doctor Who! (Do we have a TARDIS icon?) Today is her birthday, according to the Doctor Who Hub.

Embarrassed D:

Am I the only one whose babies were as round as beach balls? Mine were barely 7lbs at birth but I swear to BOB they gained 5 lbs in the first 2 weeks. I must have been making whipped cream. LOL!

My son was just over 7 lbs at birth, but he did quite well on breastmilk and was a little butterball up until he started walking. And then he got skinny and has stayed skinny to the present (age 17). I get a little verklemp when I look at his baby pictures and see his little chubby cheeks and chubby legs. Awwww!

My son was just over 7 lbs at birth, but he did quite well on breastmilk and was a little butterball up until he started walking. And then he got skinny and has stayed skinny to the present (age 17). I get a little verklemp when I look at his baby pictures and see his little chubby cheeks and chubby legs. Awwww!

That was both of mine too. Fat babies but slim toddlers, kids and now adults.

That was both of mine too. Fat babies but slim toddlers, kids and now adults.

I was a skinny baby, no pictures of me being cute and chubby. But I'm cute and chubby now as an adult. I blame it on my mother for not breast feeding me. I also blamed her for my IQ not being as high as I'd liked it to be because she didn't breast feed me. She informed no one needed one that high and that's why she didn't.

I was a skinny baby, no pictures of me being cute and chubby. But I'm cute and chubby now as an adult. I blame it on my mother for not breast feeding me. I also blamed her for my IQ not being as high as I'd liked it to be because she didn't breast feed me. She informed no one needed one that high and that's why she didn't.

Awww.

I was deprived too. But then, I was deprived of a lot of things. (Maybe that is why I hoard things now?)

No, you're definitely not the only one. Mine had thick fat rolls as a baby, and even now, at 19 months, she's still on the chunky side. I had to eat like a horse to keep up with her.

I'm new, and haven't had a chance to read all of the old threads, so forgive me if this has been covered, but I think not only is the quality of their food bad, but there's not enough of it. There was discussion previously about how Jill couldn't figure out how to make three servings of rice. The concept of making extra in case someone is extra hungry or to save for later seems to be lost on them.

These people are not poor by any stretch of the imagination. Why do they insist on eating garbage?

No, you're definitely not the only one. Mine had thick fat rolls as a baby, and even now, at 19 months, she's still on the chunky side. I had to eat like a horse to keep up with her.

I'm new, and haven't had a chance to read all of the old threads, so forgive me if this has been covered, but I think not only is the quality of their food bad, but there's not enough of it. There was discussion previously about how Jill couldn't figure out how to make three servings of rice. The concept of making extra in case someone is extra hungry or to save for later seems to be lost on them.

These people are not poor by any stretch of the imagination. Why do they insist on eating garbage?

I just wanted to say...I have a 19 month old too. :)

And welcome to the forum!

Yes, the Duggars eat a lot of crap. I think because it's easiest and even though they have money, they like to be cheap in some ways.

I was deprived too. But then, I was deprived of a lot of things. (Maybe that is why I hoard things now?)

That's really the only way I was deprived. She did an amazing job otherwise but I had to find something to pick at her about. That's just how my family works.

This morning's pre comute episode.

The Bates visit the Duggars in Little Rock.

They WANTED the Bates to come. I do not understand this. Your life is in turmoil and you invite a family with just as many kids to visit?

Oh and there is only one shower in this house.

Random question: Is Mr. Jim still their sound man?? I don't recall seeing him lately.

iirc they showed him in the honeymoon episode

Gwyneth Paltrow tried living on food stamps for a week. She failed.

Wonder how the Duggars would do for a period of time, living only off the paychecks from the husband's non-TLC job. No income from the show or their books, no interviews, no speaking engagements, no endorsements, etc. Married children get no help from JB&M. TLC would film them, but hold the paycheck until filming ended.

Now THAT would make an interesting season.

:popcorn2:

I finally saw the old episode where Michelle tells the NICU doctor that her breast milk is skim. I swear that doctor is looking at her and thinking "you're a moron" because then he quickly tells her he's a certified lactation expert (or whatever.)

I went to CVS pharmacy today & had to gaze at JillDerickIzzy on the cover of both People and US while checking out. I think TLC is driving the media juggernaut. They've got an aging show that gets more and more expensive, thanks to an ever expanding cast, and they need keep ratings up. I think it is all the work of TLC publicists. And when they stop getting the People and US articles--the Duggars need to start rethinking their financial plans, because cancellation could be looming.

The Duggars do not get paid individually for the magazine covers/features. Those are part of their contract with TLC. TLC has an agreement with certain publications to feature their shows. It happens with a lot of shows.

Archived