IGNORED

Josiah Duggar is courting

Lana

I know that because Jessa posted it was her birthday and they were with friends

so HELLO

:nenner:

Noy you, the one who was asking which girl was Marjorie! lol

Kinda funny that Danielle can be mistaken for a 17 year old... (maybe not funny?)

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote=" 18 and 17 and playing "courtship."

This, exactly.

Edited to say: sorry IReallyamHopewell, I can't quote, but yeah, you nailed it.

Nice find, NST. Not sure what you're so upset about though. Josiah said that Marjorie caught his eye during the mission trip in December, so I'm sure they've been "special friends" since then. Why is it unlikely that she and Danielle Seewald met (because they were both hanging out with the Duggars) and hit it off?

FJismyheadship, we're talking about the two girls in the front, which I'm pretty sure are Marjorie and her 15-y/o sister whose name I can't rembember right now. These two look SO much alike, I can barely tell them apart!

Nice find, NST. Not sure what you're so upset about though. Josiah said that Marjorie caught his eye during the mission trip in December, so I'm sure they've been "special friends" since then. Why is it unlikely that she and Danielle Seewald met (because they were both hanging out with the Duggars) and hit it off?

FJismyheadship, we're talking about the two girls in the front, which I'm pretty sure are Marjorie and her 15-y/o sister whose name I can't rembember right now. These two look SO much alike, I can barely tell them apart!

I am not upset at all - I could care less who Josiah is courting :nenner: - but I like to find things :D

I am just fascinated that they lie with pictures all the time re time frames and such

and to be able to find a picture within a picture is always fun :D

11050685_617245091742477_421826969302657246_n.jpg?oh=98c91bf0096afc73d41e5140ebbf29bf&oe=55E2C3AF

The Duggars lie and play fast and loose with the truth because they think we are stupid and beneath them. That we won't see what they've done. That we will swill anything they put out because they are God's gift to humankind.

That Josiah can say it started in December on a mission trip yet in this very thread is a picture of him and Marjorie with Tom Cotton, the AR candidate for the Senate for whom the Duggars campaigned in Oct 2014.

Like... who gives an eff if he started with Marjorie earlier? Did she just turn 17 and for some reason that's more palatable to the public than if she were 16?

WHY FREAKING LIE ABOUT IT?

One of Majories personal interests is musical theatre. Which explains her ridiculous, fake, over-the-top stage acting for that courtship video. She looked like she was about to break into song!! :whistle: :cracking-up: However, on the upside, this means she would have been exposed to more normal movies/music/dancing... She has mentioned she loves the sound of music. I know that is technically a very wholesome film, but remember when Liesl (the oldest daughter) sneaks out of the house after dark and (gasp!) DANCES with and even KISSES her boyfriend in the garden! OMG! Plus we have photo evidence of her wearing pants, so there is another positive.

Not to mention she DANCES! Maybe we will have a Duggar wedding with dancing!

The Duggars lie and play fast and loose with the truth because they think we are stupid and beneath them. That we won't see what they've done. That we will swill anything they put out because they are God's gift to humankind.

That Josiah can say it started in December on a mission trip yet in this very thread is a picture of him and Marjorie with Tom Cotton, the AR candidate for the Senate for whom the Duggars campaigned in Oct 2014.

Like... who gives an eff if he started with Marjorie earlier? Did she just turn 17 and for some reason that's more palatable to the public than if she were 16?

The world according to the Duggars, who live in Duggarville.

Nothing they say is above a lie.

They think we believe their drivel.

They just know they are always right, so superior.

Eventually, life will hit the Kids and their kids quiet hard.

Yes, even worse than having to have a c-section.

I mean, it's possible things weren't "romantic" yet or whatever.

They've known each other since they were pretty young. There was bound to be SOME moment when it became understood that they liked each other. We have no idea of knowing if that was in October, November, December, or back when they were 13 and 14 or whatever.

So, am I understanding correctly that this courtship started out from a mission trip romance?

That doesn't bode well.

Well, they've known each other for years, but he "first noticed her" on the mission trip. She admits to it being a crush much longer than that.

and if it is - Jessa posted this on February 21 claiming that the Seewalds daughter was having a birthday and these girls were with her and Ben

if they have been hanging out since February or earlier as you claim

something is going on

now I Have LEARNED NEVER TO trust Jessa's posts on Instagram because she lies

What do you mean "something is going on"?

The world according to the Duggars, who live in Duggarville.

Nothing they say is above a lie.

They think we believe their drivel.

They just know they are always right, so superior.

Eventually, life will hit the Kids and their kids quiet hard.

Yes, even worse than having to have a c-section.

The bolded part about always being right. YES. They are notorious know-it-alls (without knowing it all). Flashback to the Jubilee disaster episode. Jill's TH about "maybe if I had looked for the heartbeat then I could find it and jubilee was alive, and the TRAINED PROFESSIONALS were just unable to do it right" was just AWFUL. The look on her face was disgusting thinking she was so above the world and so godly that she would be able to magically find jubilee's heartbeat. Thinking she was better than professional U/S techs despite being only a student midwife... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Sorry

I don't remember the episode. Who was Josiah flirting with that's older abd just had her first baby?

The girl is NOW 24 and has just NOW had her first baby. He wasn't trying to pick up a MILF :p

Well, they've known each other for years, but he "first noticed her" on the mission trip. She admits to it being a crush much longer than that.

Yeah, things like mission trips just tend to cause a false notion of closeness, in my experience. You are in close proximity with people you may not know well, and it makes sense that you would kind of "latch" on to someone. I've experienced/seen a lot of strange pseudo-romances start on mission trips, sports trips, at camps, etc. that ultimately come to nothing because it was the environment and not any strong connection that was behind most of the feelings. I'd hate to get "caught" holding hands or even just flirting on a mission trip and then feeling pressured to actually marry the person!

Didn't Ben's sister recently go on a mission trip to a Spanish speaking country? Maybe the Duggars referred his family to Analucia for a tutor and that's how Ben's family met Marjorie? I know they live like 2 hours away, but, let's honest, it's not like they'd have to practice THAT much for a mission trip; so she could have been practicing when they came up with Ben or via Skype.

Yeah, things like mission trips just tend to cause a false notion of closeness, in my experience. You are in close proximity with people you may not know well, and it makes sense that you would kind of "latch" on to someone. I've experienced/seen a lot of strange pseudo-romances start on mission trips, sports trips, at camps, etc. that ultimately come to nothing because it was the environment and not any strong connection that was behind most of the feelings. I'd hate to get "caught" holding hands or even just flirting on a mission trip and then feeling pressured to actually marry the person!

Well, he was with his family and (if I remember correctly) some of the Bateses as well. And, I'm sure that at least some of her family was present. So, I don't think it's like your typical high school mission trip. Also, if it was a pseudo-relationship, I'm sure it would have ended by now. My longest relationship after a Church related function was like 2 weeks. Since they JUST started courting, and the mission trip was a couple months ago, I'm going to say that's not the case.

Im curious why you think it's a bad way to start a relationship. I think it's almost a normal way to start dating.

IMO, its a good sign that they genuinely like each other and are courting for pure reasons. I think its a good sign that their relationship was organic and not forced.

Funny I got the impression that they have been liking each other for a while since Josiah was taking spanish lessons from her mother but the "liking" was more solidified after this recent mission trip and I would assume due to the fact that they are both older now

Your experience is, unfortunately, not statistically the norm. Anecdotes are not evidence and evidence is on the side of those suggesting that these two are less likely to have a happy marriage due to their age. In some studies, divorce rates are as much as twice as high for those marrying under the age of 25 and are even higher for those marrying at 19 or below. This article has some CDC statistics on the matter:

http://www.maselliwarren.com/2014/03/20 ... -youre-25/

Now, we all know that a Duggar child is less likely to divorce, but that doesn't mean that ten years from now, these very young couples won't find themselves in unhappy marriages (and likely with a herd of children, too).

Anecdotes are evidence and anecdotes are not fallacies. In mathematics, outliers are sometimes more important than the correlated data itself.

A collection of anecdotes is what we call a type of census.

I mean, it's possible things weren't "romantic" yet or whatever.

They've known each other since they were pretty young. There was bound to be SOME moment when it became understood that they liked each other. We have no idea of knowing if that was in October, November, December, or back when they were 13 and 14 or whatever.

ok I can do this again

Michelle was in the room the day that Marjorie's mother had Marjorie in the hospital

tumblr_nmv9z1A6aH1tkynj0o3_r2_250.gif

Oh sorry somehow I have missed this AnaLucia/Michelle connection. How do we know this?

ETA: Marjorie's mother has a name

Someone needs to make a gif of them being attacked by birds on their honeymoon.

ok I can do this again

Michelle was in the room the day that Marjorie's mother had Marjorie in the hospital

tumblr_nmv9z1A6aH1tkynj0o3_r2_250.gif

Based on the lack of touching in the courtship announcement pics and video, I'm thinking that her parents may abide by the six-inch rule. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but since the Duggars make such a big deal out of "now you can side hug", I find it very odd that pose wasn't included.

I had my own six-inch rule when I was single and dating. :lol:

Seriously though, I was surprised by the lack of a side hug too, but maybe they're just feeling nervous/awkward because of all of the attention. I can't imagine my first relationship being so public. As for Marjorie, she seems like a nice girl. Very pretty and bubbly even if she's a little too Disney cast member-ish. Could get annoying ( for me ) over time, but I'd rather listen to her speaking all perky and excited with an air of confidence than Michelle's dim sounding "keeping sweet" baby talk. Ugh.

Does this mean all next season every TH with Josiah is going to be introducing her every episode, over and over again? There are only so many ways this can be changed up, and by the time Jessa introduced Ben for about the 900th time and said 'the dashing Ben Seewald" I almost spontaneously combusted. :angry-banghead:

Edited coz I can't spel :)

Well, he was with his family and (if I remember correctly) some of the Bateses as well. And, I'm sure that at least some of her family was present. So, I don't think it's like your typical high school mission trip. Also, if it was a pseudo-relationship, I'm sure it would have ended by now. My longest relationship after a Church related function was like 2 weeks. Since they JUST started courting, and the mission trip was a couple months ago, I'm going to say that's not the case.

That's true... I'm just bringing my own experience into things as someone whose first relationship was pleasant enough nine-month long relationship with someone I had absolutely NOTHING in common with because I was never raised to understand how to end relationships or that relationships can end without it being a bad thing. :?

You are right, of course. Most people don't have nine month long pseudo-relationships. :lol:

The girl is NOW 24 and has just NOW had her first baby. He wasn't trying to pick up a MILF :p

And Josiah is only 18 NOW. :D I want to know who this is too.

Archived