IGNORED

Romantic History's Sarah Jane Leaves Husband Part 2

Coconut Flan

Did you have a gel base coat? I love the look of gel but it made my nails so thin and damaged. Once you start, it's very hard to stop as actual nails look pretty bad.

I also have ridges! Partly why they scrape and buff them into oblivion.

Yes, the kit came with the base coat, color, top coat, lamp, prep pads and remover. I only tried it twice and had bad results both times and haven't bothered since. I'm wondering about getting it done professionally to see if that is an improvement or if I'm doing something wrong (maybe I didn't rough up the nail bed enough?)

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David took down his rant.

Hi David! Love, A Fucktard. :greetings-waveyellow:

Okay, "Love, A Fucktard" has sent me into convulsive laughing at work and I.Cannot.Stop.

I don't even bother posting Facebook links in this thread anymore, because within minutes most of them will lead to nothing. Why waste my damn time?

I don't even bother posting Facebook links in this thread anymore, because within minutes most of them will lead to nothing. Why waste my damn time?

You'd think they'd learn that maybe posting stuff in the heat of the moment is a bad idea and they should maybe wait, think it through, and then post. But who am I kidding?

Did you have a gel base coat? I love the look of gel but it made my nails so thin and damaged. Once you start, it's very hard to stop as actual nails look pretty bad.

I also have ridges! Partly why they scrape and buff them into oblivion.

That's the same with me, I love the look of gel since regular polish doesn't stay long without chipping for me, yet removing gel did make my nails really thin so I've gone several months without anything on my fingernails. Now, I do pedicures on a regular basis as those can last a week or more, but I end up getting bored after a week so I change my pedi color then.

Ok, since this thread is now about nails, here is a serious question from a guy. I've been learning fingerstyle guitar lately and have been playing with the pads of my right hand and basically cutting the nails as far down as possible. It's not uncommon for folks to get fake nails on their right hand, which increases the volume a lot and gives you some options with the angle of attack.

I have no experience with this and my wife doesn't use fake nails- how much of a learning curve is there with applying acrylic nails? Given how fast steel strings will wear them down I don't want to pay for a manicure every time. Any thoughts on brand? You can get specialized guitar nails but they are a lot more expensive.

Ok, since this thread is now about nails, here is a serious question from a guy. I've been learning fingerstyle guitar lately and have been playing with the pads of my right hand and basically cutting the nails as far down as possible. It's not uncommon for folks to get fake nails on their right hand, which increases the volume a lot and gives you some options with the angle of attack.

I have no experience with this and my wife doesn't use fake nails- how much of a learning curve is there with applying acrylic nails? Given how fast steel strings will wear them down I don't want to pay for a manicure every time. Any thoughts on brand? You can get specialized guitar nails but they are a lot more expensive.

My husband plays guitar, and I used to use acrylics. Not much learning curve, but for your special purposes, I'd spring for a specialized guitar nail application from a professional and learn how to do it--both to reduce possibility of injury from mis applying the nails and because I'm guessing the guitars nails are much thicker.

My husband has naturally strong nails, and had a few finger picks around too, so he never had artificial nails. I just know I'd learn from a pro the first time.

As the originator of the "Pedicure Maneuver," y'all have made me quite proud :dance: :dance: :dance: Ironically, I'm in desperate need of a pedicure myself :lol:

I probably shouldn't say anything, but I ended up here after seeing Rusty's public post about FJ. I have to say most of you have all three of them pegged. It was actually encouraging to see that people on the outside can see through all the crap. I have told all three of them on separate occasions there there are now SEVEN children involved here and they all need to GROW UP. At least two of them are blinded by narcissism and all are blinded by their drama addiction.

Not sure why it says "You're All Going To Hell" under my user name. I didn't write that. :think:

I probably shouldn't say anything, but I ended up here after seeing Rusty's public post about FJ. I have to say most of you have all three of them pegged. It was actually encouraging to see that people on the outside can see through all the crap. I have told all three of them on separate occasions there there are now SEVEN children involved here and they all need to GROW UP. At least two of them are blinded by narcissism and all are blinded by their drama addiction.

Not sure why it says "You're All Going To Hell" under my user name. I didn't write that. :think:

Don't worry, it says that under every new poster's name. Everyone has a user title under their name based on their post count. That phrase was picked for newbies because often fundies would stop by to post something along the lines of "You're all going to hell" and then disappear again.

Don't worry, it says that under every new poster's name. Everyone has a certain phrase under their name based on their post count. That phrase was picked for newbies because often fundies would stop by to post something along the lines of "You're all going to hell" and then disappear again.

Oh good, I won't try to fix it then. Actually, that makes it kind of funny. :)

*Looks around FJ*

"Where are we going and why are we all in this handbasket?"

Guitar player here...my nails are tough enough to stand up to the strings...BUT...you can try the picks that go over the tips of your fingers. I don't like them but they may be a solution for you. Let your RH nails grow out maybe 1/8" beyond the end of your fingers, that should be enough. My RH nails are now about 1/4" beyond my fingertips and they're a bit too long for picking.

Ohthedrama I can't even imagine if I knew these people how frustrating it would be

Who do most of their 'friends' think the baby is? Russell?

I really don't think there has ever been such an outpouring by people who know subject of a thread as this one! There are 4 or 5 posters who know this mess first hand posting - ewesheep, horsenuts, superwholock, ohthedrama and that awful Sarah leghumping liar joanlyn!

Ohthedrama I can't even imagine if I knew these people how frustrating it would be

Who do most of their 'friends' think the baby is? Russell?

Most people assume she is Rusty's because it was claimed David couldn't have any more, but with all the lies thrown around, a pat test would be best for all involved.

I really don't think there has ever been such an outpouring by people who know subject of a thread as this one! There are 4 or 5 posters who know this mess first hand posting - ewesheep, horsenuts, superwholock, ohthedrama and that awful Sarah leghumping liar joanlyn!

It's because they keep pointing us here... Or maybe some of them are one of the three. That's a good possibility.

I would have just read without posting, but it was refreshing to see people agreeing that this is all ridiculous without me having to explain everything to someone first. In fact, I'm tempted to point other people to the first post in this thread when they look at me and say, "Seriously!?!" (Not that it's something I talk about often.)

Most people assume she is Rusty's because it was claimed David couldn't have any more, but with all the lies thrown around, a pat test would be best for all involved

Hell, at this point I'm not even sure the baby is SJ's. Jk of course, but anyways, I've really been digging the Sally Hansen insta-dry polish in sonic bloom. Such a great color for summer.

Hell, at this point I'm not even sure the baby is SJ's. Jk of course, but anyways, I've really been digging the Sally Hansen insta-dry polish in sonic bloom. Such a great color for summer.

Ha! Right!?!

I haven't found anything that stays on more than 24 hours without chipping besides the gel polish. I gave up on all at home polishes. :-(

Ha! Right!?!

I haven't found anything that stays on more than 24 hours without chipping besides the gel polish. I gave up on all at home polishes. :-(

I like the Sally Hanson salon line. Mainly because of the brushes. Have you ever tried a topcoat? It helps. Though I don't get more than a few days.

I cannot believe SJ or David would tell people about FJ. I would be mortified. MORTIFIED!

I like the Sally Hanson salon line. Mainly because of the brushes. Have you ever tried a topcoat? It helps. Though I don't get more than a few days.

I cannot believe SJ or David would tell people about FJ. I would be mortified. MORTIFIED!

A few days isn't worth it to me. With housework it will probably come off quickly anyway. I usually only care much around the holidays and if I'm speaking somewhere. I feel more put together and presentable if I have my nails done.

And I agree about being mortified for the average person... but they don't take responsibility for any of their own actions... so all of this just proves they are "victims" and creates more of the drama they crave.

I'm curious - did anyone ever actually give any indication of how SJ is doing (in terms of delivery/recovery, etc)? I know people mentioned the seriousness of her condition & the fact that a radical hysterectomy was likely the only course of treatment (in conjunction with the cesarian), but we pretty much went from "potentially fatal diagnosis" to "not-your-baby pictures" to name calling & then pedicures...so...??

(Edited because it looked all wonky and apparently I don't know how to use this very well!!)

I'm curious - did anyone ever actually give any indication of how SJ is doing (in terms of delivery/recovery, etc)? I know people mentioned the seriousness of her condition & the fact that a radical hysterectomy was likely the only course of treatment (in conjunction with the cesarian), but we pretty much went from "potentially fatal diagnosis" to "not-your-baby pictures" to name calling & then pedicures...so...??

(Edited because it looked all wonky and apparently I don't know how to use this very well!!)

According to joanlynn, her condition is still "iffy." But apparently not iffy enough to keep her from causing drama and taunting Russell with baby pictures. So make of that what you will. I don't think we have any more information.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived