IGNORED

Romantic History's Sarah Jane Leaves Husband Part 2

Coconut Flan

I think at this point, the best thing for all involved is for them to all move...to three different parts of the country. Then for them to all block eachother on Facebook.

Eh...they've got a kid together. Like it or not, Russell and Sarah Jane need to deal with each other for at least the next 18 years.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, as of today, no family court orders have been filed with these 3 since SJ's divorce was final. So unless the order to establish paternity has been filed outside IL, it doesn't look like it has happened yet.

Eh...they've got a kid together. Like it or not, Russell and Sarah Jane need to deal with each other for at least the next 18 years.

Agreed. How can they even imagine it's a good idea to hide paternity? It's beyond me, when it was made public early on that Russell was the baby daddy and David was no longer able to have any children. Oh and they were divorced and and and... the list goes on and on. Plus Russell isn't saying he wants out of any duty to being a father. She wasn't being forced to do it alone. Wonder how SJ would feel if it was somehow reversed and Russell had walked away with her baby and a pretend mommy. That's just heartless really.

So per previous comments and postings (until recently) the baby is/was/is(??) Russel's. So these wonderful people find it fitting to basically run away with a child that has a different father? Wow, keep up the great parenting. So sad. :(

That is pretty sad. I have been quietly observing this whole situation because I did indeed enjoy SJ's sewing and her insights on the subject (I'm the worst seamstress, my 8th grade home ec sewing project was so bad my teacher practically re-sewed it herself so I could finish it)... at first I rooted for her because David comes across as an epically abusive tool and I thought that she was going to get her kids out and get them into a somewhat normal life.

Then Russell came along and I thought "okay, seems like a nice guy, maybe he can at least be a friend and bring her some stability while she gets on her feet." Theeeeen... it started looking like Russell was no better for her emotionally than David and she was the victim of both of them. Theeeeeeeeeeeen, things took another twisty-turn and now it looks like she's less victim and more manipulator.

None of the adult parties involved here have truly conducted themselves in a dignified or mature manner, but I do feel like Russell has gotten played the most out of all of them and that sadly SJ is less innocent in this whole mess than she first came across.

How can they even imagine it's a good idea to hide paternity? It's beyond me, when it was made public early on that Russell was the baby daddy and David was no longer able to have any children. Oh and they were divorced and and and... the list goes on and on. Plus Russell isn't saying he wants out of any duty to being a father. She wasn't being forced to do it alone. Wonder how SJ would feel if it was somehow reversed and Russell had walked away with her baby and a pretend mommy. That's just heartless really.

Oh, you know Russell would be the devil incarnate and poor victimized little Sarah Jane would be cast as the damsel in distress... again....

Those poor kids. All of them. They're the only real victims here.

Also, as of today, no family court orders have been filed with these 3 since SJ's divorce was final. So unless the order to establish paternity has been filed outside IL, it doesn't look like it has happened yet.

Is there a value to choosing Ohio? Besides being outside of Illinois state lines. Do the rights of the "father" change. Can the birth certificate be left blank or unknown or if she remarries David can he automatically be the father on paper? I just figure there has to be a reason to choose Ohio. No child should start out with this much complication in it's life already.

OK, I don't even know these people's last names and have never been to their facebook except via the occasional link. Any link or last name help so I can see their facebook would be appreciated.

Thanks

Meister

Do you honk David could really treat this child like his own and not bear a resentment?

Do you honk David could really treat this child like his own and not bear a resentment?

Not for a red hot second. Plus, if they stay together, I suspect he will hold it over Sarah Jane's head for the rest of her life.

Russ on FB: "Wish me luck. ...I'm at interview for my second job... I already work 40 hrs a a week. ...but lawyers are expensive...so hopefully puck up another 40 hrs."

Is there a value to choosing Ohio? Besides being outside of Illinois state lines. Do the rights of the "father" change. Can the birth certificate be left blank or unknown or if she remarries David can he automatically be the father on paper? I just figure there has to be a reason to choose Ohio. No child should start out with this much complication in it's life already.

You sound like a rational person, but let us remember the key players in this drama: SJ, David, Russell. They don't seem to be long term planners, complex thinkers, nor especially rational.

It is kind of amazing to watch a real life soap opera, though. Such a shame that real, actual children are forced to be involved.

You sound like a rational person, but let us remember the key players in this drama: SJ, David, Russell. They don't seem to be long term planners, complex thinkers, nor especially rational.

It is kind of amazing to watch a real life soap opera, though. Such a shame that real, actual children are forced to be involved.

Yes, the children are the ones suffering the most. :cry:

There isn't a snowballs chance of him not being resentful. He might put up with her, but I feel a Cinderella story coming on...

When I look back all those years ago, I just can't believe this could have been coming...maybe I'm just an idiot for believing, or maybe there was a swift change, and suddenly at that. Now all I can do is shake my head, and hope for the best for the kids.

There isn't a snowballs chance of him not being resentful. He might put up with her, but I feel a Cinderella story coming on...

When I look back all those years ago, I just can't believe this could have been coming...maybe I'm just an idiot for believing, or maybe there was a swift change, and suddenly at that. Now all I can do is shake my head, and hope for the best for the kids.

He would definitely play "doting father" and probably try to bait Russ with pictures of him and the baby.

He and Russ have eerily similar personalities. How she found two of them is just beyond me...

One thing, (probably the only thing) I can give David is his love for his daughter especially. The way he would look at A, in my line of sight, was very much the Daddy wrapped around his baby girls finger. I will never take that away from him, but I'm afraid he will be Papa Grizzly, use R to bait Russ, but otherwise have little to no use, while doting on his bio kids. And that is another thing, if they don't let Russ in, and they make it a point to remind R that she doesn't belong, R will find her way to Russ, and there will be no stopping it. The easiest thing for R's little psyche, is to have Russ in her life. Hey, when you play Russian roulette with penises, this is what happens. Be adults, do the right thing, and give her the chance to know the other half of her bio family.

Sorry for the rant, but I work at a daycare with more than half of the families being funded, we basically raise the consequences of penis roulette, and therefore it is a hot button topic. Glad I could give a laugh! XD

One thing, (probably the only thing) I can give David is his love for his daughter especially. The way he would look at A, in my line of sight, was very much the Daddy wrapped around his baby girls finger. I will never take that away from him, but I'm afraid he will be Papa Grizzly, use R to bait Russ, but otherwise have little to no use, while doting on his bio kids. And that is another thing, if they don't let Russ in, and they make it a point to remind R that she doesn't belong, R will find her way to Russ, and there will be no stopping it. The easiest thing for R's little psyche, is to have Russ in her life. Hey, when you play Russian roulette with penises, this is what happens. Be adults, do the right thing, and give her the chance to know the other half of her bio family.

It struck me while reading this post that both the baby and its father have names that start with R.

I think plays Russian roulette with penises should be a thread count title to commemorate this epic thread.

So I checked up on some court records since I am home with a sick kid.

This was entered under David's domestic battery charge on 4/27/15:

It is a little confusing, but is looks like David petitioned to get his probation transferred to Ohio.

I THINK the court is NOT granting David to leave the state of IL during his probation but the court WILL allow him to fill out an application to MOVE to Ohio. So he has to wait for the court in Ohio to accept his application before he can move there. Very common thing to do.

I THINK the court is NOT granting David to leave the state of IL during his probation but the court WILL allow him to fill out an application to MOVE to Ohio. So he has to wait for the court in Ohio to accept his application before he can move there. Very common thing to do.

Wouldn't that mean SJ hasn't really gone anywhere either? They have joint custody of the kids, don't they? He'd never allow her to take them out of Illinois unless he went with. I think Russ needs to file for paternity in IL first... and worry about other states later if they manage to move.

We can only assume about SJ's whereabouts. I don't have that information nor do I care.

Im not sure how IL state laws work but to have SJ to get away from Russell, David might have grant her and the kids to get out of state while waiting to finish his probation or ask for a transfer to Ohio. Illinois is pretty strict about it and I am sure David is following laws and rules regarding to children and custody. I feel sorry for his parents who they may not see their grandkids as often.

Not sure of Russell's standpoint in DNA testing and custody...he is right, lawyers ARE expensive. I don't think Russell is going to move to Ohio, since his daughter and her mother lives here and his job is here.

We can only assume about SJ's whereabouts. I don't have that information.

Im not sure how IL state laws work but to have SJ to get away from Russell, David might have grant her and the kids to get out of state while waiting to finish his probation or ask for a transfer to Ohio. Illinois is pretty strict about it and I am sure David is following laws and rules regarding to children and custody. I feel sorry for his parents who they may not see their grandkids as often.

Not sure of Russell's standpoint in DNA testing and custody...he is right, lawyers ARE expensive.

Right, I was just speculating. I don't believe David would let her go though, for any reason. *without him.

For DNA stuff in IL you don't need a lawyer. I'm pretty sure the lawyer is to fight his other daughter's mom.

Says the one who probably blabbed too much and is now backtracking because they got called on it.

As an aside, the whole David/SJ/Russell thing would be a pitiful mess whether or not it was being very publicly played out on Facebook where just about anyone could see it, but that certainly magnifies it by about 10,000... I really feel for the children involved, including Russell's little daughter.

Which one? (See what I did there?.....)

On a serious note, I sincerely hope his lawyer is competent & motivated - the longer this takes, the harder it will be.

Which one? (See what I did there?.....)

On a serious note, I sincerely hope his lawyer is competent & motivated - the longer this takes, the harder it will be.

Both! Neither of them asked to be born or brought into this quagmire.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived