IGNORED

Romantic History's Sarah Jane Leaves Husband Part 2

Coconut Flan

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's a thread count?

I think they meant post count title. Yours is Tater Tot right now.

I think they meant post count title. Yours is Tater Tot right now.

Got it. You guys crack me up. Running away with the baby would fit right in there... Lol.

I kind of like the idea of Hyper-fertile Dramalama myself.

I just did my nails in a hot pink. This thread has made me realize that together with my fetching new manicure, the fact that I don't play men off each other or use babies as pawns for the whole world to follow on Facebook pretty much qualifies me to launch a second career as a motivational speaker. "How To Rock A Manicure And Keep Your Shit Off Facebook" by AreteJo. Coming soon to an auditorium near you....

I didn't read Sarah's blog. So I am just having a hard time taking this all seriously. This feels like a circa 1980's after school special about the dangers of sleeping around. Or a soap opera that will decide Rose needs to grow up immediately. She 'll be 11 next week.

How hard does one have to work to turn their entire life into nonsense? The three of them should have just rented an auditorium and mud wrestled. It would have been more dignified and they could have made money. All they have accomplished this way is increasing bleach sales and making that horrid faux friend feel important.

I didn't read Sarah's blog. So I am just having a hard time taking this all seriously. This feels like a circa 1980's after school special about the dangers of sleeping around. Or a soap opera that will decide Rose needs to grow up immediately. She 'll be 11 next week.

How hard does one have to work to turn their entire life into nonsense? The three of them should have just rented an auditorium and mud wrestled. It would have been more dignified and they could have made money. All they have accomplished this way is increasing bleach sales and making that horrid faux friend feel important.

This the the best summary of this situation I have seen. Good job!

I used to follow Sarah Jane's blog, and really enjoyed it. I worried though, that she had too much on her plate. I came from a background with parents who had 7 children in quick succession. It causes all sorts of problems, financial, bonding issues, maternal health issues, marital issues (lack of privacy etc). Has anyone considered that Sarah is suffering from undiagnosed post partum depression? She has had these children too quickly, and it seems a family who may have been so dazzled by the number of God's gifts bestowed upon Sarah that they may have missed developing signs along the way of either a developing mental illness or post partum depression compounded by living with an abusive spouse with a secret cave and a club he drags around. Schizophrenia sneaks in and takes it's hold between the late teens on up to the mid 20's. The posts regarding her complete personality change cause me concern.

And from the point of her marriage, it seems that while she finally realized she'd heavily invested in a lemon, that she was in such a desperate hurry to trade it in, she simply got bamboozled by the slick used car salesman who sold her the next one. Russ saw her coming a mile away and took complete advantage. Her parents need to step in and keep her away from both of these men and get her into therapy NOW. I don't want to see her on CNN and learn that she's become the next Andrea Yates.

I honestly don't think Russ took advantage of her but the other way around. It seems like many women in unhappy marriages have affairs almost as a way to get out of the marriage. Like there there is no going back, and it gives them the support and courage to leave. No judgment on that. Not the best way to do things but.....

I don't think anyone will argue that SJ has mental problems. PPD is possible. It seems like there is more than that going on. Trust me we rooted her on.

Okay, I hadn't read Sarah Jane's blog in a long time, and I'm just getting up to speed on all that's transpired. Holy crap.

Here's the thing: I used to read her blog because I really enjoyed her sewing posts. But when it came to anything personal? She always creeped me out. I always sensed that things were chilly in that household; she always had the same dull expression on her face, and cold, empty eyes, and her hubby just looked like a lout. I rarely picked up on any warmth or genuine happiness, except in fleeting moments when she wrote about her kids. But even with the kids, most of the time she was dressing them up in costumes of her own choosing so her husband could go play at chivalry, and she could pretend to be a lady, and I always felt rather badly for them--they seemed to be dragged along as a matter of course. I wondered what would one day happen when one of the kids refused to go along with their parents' insistence upon playing dress-up any more, and suspected that it would not go well, and that it would be Sarah Jane who handled it the worst.

I didn't stop by to read her blog all that often because, frankly, I found her and her husband creepy and off-putting--truly repellent people, for reasons I couldn't nail down. Eventually, I just never went back at all. I wasn't all that surprised when she left her husband; her unhappiness was obvious. But holy cats, I did not expect this massive shitshow they've been putting on.

The first time I read her blog, the husband rang out as a red flag. Right away I pegged him as a controller at the least, and an abuser at the worst. Sometimes, the abuse is simply done in the form of control which if abided by the spouse, might keep the fists at bay for awhile. But they'll eventually come out swinging. I felt that Sarah was a desperate pleaser, trying to please everyone around her and be the perfect stay at home mom. Perfection in feeding her family, teaching her children, clothing her family. I was astonished at how much she was able to achieve with her sewing with 2.5 kids, let alone 5. I barely got the chance to get my own sewing out when my kids were little. The second they were down for a nap and I got the chance to sit down and begin, there were constant interruptions. It drove me nuts. I had an abusive, controlling husband so I was pretty sure hers was in the same league, harboring impossible expectations. Sarah didn't get the normal kind of chance to develop in her teens and early twenties, and was expected to do more and be more than was mature enough to accomplish at the time. She had a parcel of kids before her own frontal lobe was developed. It seems like she has belatedly hit her 'rebellious' stride. And it's in full force. Combined with depression.

Well, David has posted a glamorous shot of himself looking windswept and interesting in some bushes somewhere, doing....something I suppose... One Sarah Jane Meister has 'liked' this image of her brawny, Civil War Heathcliff.

He has also thoughtfully provided the audience with another photo, one of a bridge, being a bridge (duh)...and some water cascading o'er some rocks. Somewhere. "That is so beautiful" commented one SJM, probably in a wistfully romantic whisper.

Ahhh the romance *wipes away a small tear*. Those crazy kids.

OMG I have ALWAYS wanted to write o'er in a post!

Well, David has posted a glamorous shot of himself looking windswept and interesting in some bushes somewhere, doing....something I suppose... One Sarah Jane Meister has 'liked' this image of her brawny, Civil War Heathcliff.

He has also thoughtfully provided the audience with another photo, one of a bridge, being a bridge (duh)...and some water cascading o'er some rocks. Somewhere. "That is so beautiful" commented one SJM, probably in a wistfully romantic whisper.

Ahhh the romance *wipes away a small tear*. Those crazy kids.

OMG I have ALWAYS wanted to write o'er in a post!

omg I totally thought you were being facetious and inventing a script for them, a la the previous post about this being a bad soap opera or after school special.

But no. David really did post a glamour shot. And SJM really did fawn over his scenery. And so on. What a trainwreck.

Well to be fair, I was being a little facetious, but damn! There was so much to be facetious about!

Well to be fair, I was being a little facetious, but damn! There was so much to be facetious about!

Yeah that's the thing - your facetious actually describes them really well!

Personally, those are good pictures, IMO!

The bridge and waterfall, just beautiful!

As for David's picture, he looked good! I think it would make a good front cover of a romance book! I am sure the Harlequin Enterprises would use it for their Historical Romance edition. The Regency series.........ah, the romance...........the mystery....... the Napoleon era........

:violin:

OK, I don't even know these people's last names and have never been to their facebook except via the occasional link. Any link or last name help so I can see their facebook would be appreciated.

Thanks

So I checked up on some court records since I am home with a sick kid.

This was entered under David's domestic battery charge on 4/27/15:

DEF APP W/ATTY HARROD. STATE APP BY ASA SPENCE. UPON MOTION OF DEF & W/O OBJ OF STATE, THE CT DOES NOT GRANT THE DEF AUTHORITY TO LEAVE THE STATE OF ILLINOIS BUT CONSENTS TO DEF'S APPLICATION THE THE STATE OF OHIO TO MOVE TO OHIO. ORDER IS ENTERED.

It is a little confusing, but is looks like David petitioned to get his probation transferred to Ohio.

He looks like there is a bad smell in the air.

That ten-year-old immaturity in me is screaming "HE WHO SMELT IT, DEALT IT!!" I can't help it, okay?

It is a little confusing, but is looks like David petitioned to get his probation transferred to Ohio.

So it looks more and more like David and SJ are scooting off to Ohio to cut Russell out of the baby's life, doesn't it?

Wow... such drama...

Yep, absconding with another man's child. Chivalry and honor aren't dead, ya'll. :roll:

That ten-year-old immaturity in me is screaming "HE WHO SMELT IT, DEALT IT!!" I can't help it, okay?

So it looks more and more like David and SJ are scooting off to Ohio to cut Russell out of the baby's life, doesn't it?

So per previous comments and postings (until recently) the baby is/was/is(??) Russel's. So these wonderful people find it fitting to basically run away with a child that has a different father? Wow, keep up the great parenting. So sad. :(

Wow... such drama...

I think at this point, the best thing for all involved is for them to all move...to three different parts of the country. Then for them to all block eachother on Facebook.

• keen23 locked this topic

Archived