IGNORED

Jill's Neverending Pregnancy Part 6 - Push Jill PUSH

Coconut Flan

I didn't watch the show, but she had an ultrasound to find out that Dilly had boyparts, so she must have seen a doctor at least once, and they should have been able to confirm due date at that time as well, no?

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll bet the TLC camera guys are getting pretty tired of being on call for the blessed event.

Guessing now that baby will be born tomorrow night... Jill will go in for an induction in the morning (they won't do it today on a major holiday unless the baby is in distress).

Not even for the Blessed Jil? I can se a hospital making an exception for a celebrity. Hospitals like publicity as much as any other business.

Just had the delightful realization that if they name him Dalrymple, his nickname can continue to be "Dilly, Dally" -- or, more likely, "Dally Dilly"...

can you tell I skipped the coffee this morning? carry on... :lol:

Favourite TV shows: Sherlock (Totally sherlocked :violin: #sheriarty ) , Orphan Black, Better call Saul, Hell on Wheels. Hmm what else, House was great also.

I wondered if she had an early dating ultrasound, even though she planned a homebirth. I know several other home-birthers and we all had ultrasounds at some point. Some even saw a doctor for the first visit and then switched to a midwife.

She had at least one because she knows the sex

She had at least one because she knows the sex

I can't remember - if the gender ultrasound shows a different date, at which point do the doctors change the due date? Or do they? Or do they even look at dates at that point? when was it Jill brought up her second date? so many questions!!!

So, last night, I learned a very important lesson: do not play the game Bean Boozled by Jelly Belly (it combines the classic 50 flavors with identical looking Bertie Botts Every Flavor Bean flavors, and you have to try to figure out which are the good flavors and which aren't before eating what you think is the good flavor) with your date. It lends itself to be the best cock block in the world because your lips end up tasting like you threw up sweaty socks and rotten eggs.

On the bright side, at least it was hilarious.

For a very long time I didn't believe it that Kinder eggs are illegal in the US. I thought that people are making fun of me because I love them so much. :lol:

I have seen them for sale in Europe but never bought one so I had to look them up. I have to say that I agree with the ban. A chocolate egg with a toy inside is a choking hazard for small children. Since I'm an adult I'll try ine next time I go.

I have seen them for sale in Europe but never bought one so I had to look them up. I have to say that I agree with the ban. A chocolate egg with a toy inside is a choking hazard for small children. Since I'm an adult I'll try ine next time I go.

I used to have them when I was a kid, as did my siblings when they were younger. If your kid is too young to not know not to eat the toy, don't give them the chocolate. It really wasn't that hard to know where the toys began and the chocolate ended.

That kid has got to come out soon so I can get my life back. I even made an accont after lurking around for days in the "Jill's Neverending Pregnancy". But Jill will probably be pregnant again right after the kid comes out and this will be my life the next 20 years.

That kid has got to come out soon so I can get my life back. I even made an accont after lurking around for days in the "Jill's Neverending Pregnancy". But Jill will probably be pregnant again right after the kid comes out and this will be my life the next 20 years.

There's no way we can keep this up for the next 20 years!

I think subsequent kids will be less exciting...Blessa's first, on the other hand? Oh dear...

Millions of Germans grew up with those. I doubt there is a single case of death due to Kinder eggs here. (Not checked that, but I think that would be known and all over the media.) The yellow box is also quite big. Have fun trying to swallow that even as an adult. :lol:

I heard that some US tourist are very concerned when they co on certain hiking paths here. In the US there would be rails or something like that to keep you from falling. Here there isn't anything like that. Guess it is a different culture. Plus no company has to be afraid of being sued for millions of dollars. Not really possible here I guess.

At least we care about the real dangerous stuff like guns. :twisted:

I used to have them when I was a kid, as did my siblings when they were younger. If your kid is too young to not know not to eat the toy, don't give them the chocolate. It really wasn't that hard to know where the toys began and the chocolate ended.

I completely agree. I think the ban is dumb. I've known little kids who didn't know to/bother with removing the foil wrappers off of chocolate Easter eggs. That doesn't mean they should stop wrapping them.

Yeah, parents should have enough sense to know what is and is not safe. My kids loved them. When they were little I would break the egg and give them the toy separate. Jaw breakers are not illegal in the US and those things aren't even safe for adults. A slippery ball that can't be crushed by any normal biting human and doesn't melt for hours...should be renamed sugared death. But they are legal.

If you've ever read anything about Ina May Gaskins and The Farm in Tennessee, they are skillfully trained midwives who work in concert with local medical professionals in case there is a problem. Their success rate is phenomenal and they have very few women who need to go to a hospital. According to Ina May, "full term" is anywhere between 38 and 42 weeks. The big thing to be concerned with is whether the placenta starts to deteriorate, which cuts off the baby's lifeline.

There is too much medical interference in childbirth these days. The US has an alarming C-section rate compared to the rest of the industrialized world. And recently the AMA declared scheduled C-sections to be one of the causes of premature or pre-term babies. It's about a healthy baby, not about whether the doctor can take his vacation to Aruba.

It's best to let Mother Nature take her course, but there does come a point where even Mother Nature hiccups and that's when you need to call in a doctor.

I hope all goes well for Jill and her baby, whenever it comes, which I hope is soon for all their sakes.

When I was pregnant with my baby 28 years ago I read her book and it was amazing. I wanted as natural as birth as I could have only a hospital. I had an unmedicated labor and we tried everything to get her out, including squatting and lots of pushing but she was just too big for my plevis at almost eleven pounds. I ended up with a c-section and was disappointed because I knew it would probably be my only childbirth. It did turn out to be my only childbirth but I also have a child through adoption. In retrospect all that mattered was her health and my health but it didn't seem like that at the time.

I image Jill will be very disappointed if she ends up with an induction and especially with a section. A section with her first may mean that having a huge number of kids would not be safe for her. That could be a major blow to her life plans. I'm no fan of the Duggars but I hope for her sake things things turn out well.

Millions of Germans grew up with those. I doubt there is a single case of death due to Kinder eggs here. (Not checked that, but I think that would be known and all over the media.) The yellow box is also quite big. Have fun trying to swallow that even as an adult. :lol:

I heard that some US tourist are very concerned when they co on certain hiking paths here. In the US there would be rails or something like that to keep you from falling. Here there isn't anything like that. Guess it is a different culture. Plus no company has to be afraid of being sued for millions of dollars. Not really possible here I guess.

At least we care about the real dangerous stuff like guns. :twisted:

Preach it :clap: . As a fellow European I can't agree more.

Of course that is you and your responsible family. Not every family is like that and it is easy to image an kid too young getting their hands and an older sibling's candy and choking, it's not worth the risk for a piece of candy.

I feel strong,y about this because when my son was three and my daughter about 18 months we were in a grocery store and I bought a roll of lifesavers. I gave one to my son and without thinking at all gave one to my daughter. She choked on it but was still getting some some through, I stood in the parking lot in a panic, afraid to do anything for fear of shifting it and blocking her airway. Of course all the bystanders had opinions, go in her mouth to fetch it, push it down, do the Heimlich, but I knew as long as she could breathe not to interfer. No cell phones in those days or I would have called 911. After about 2 minutes that seemed like two years she threw up and it came out, so one careless moment as a parent put my daughter in danger. No candy is with a kid's life. I'm glad the US government agrees with me.

I didn't watch the show, but she had an ultrasound to find out that Dilly had boyparts, so she must have seen a doctor at least once, and they should have been able to confirm due date at that time as well, no?

She may have gone to a free standing ultrasound place instead of an OB plus many midwives do ultrasounds.

Honestly it would be pretty hard to accidentally choke on kinder egg toys. The chocolate is a thin she'll, inside that is a plastic egg that is usually sort of hard to open, and inside of that is the toy. Small kids shouldn't be playing with the toys anyways.

There's a store down the street from me in the Boston area that sells Kinder eggs. Now that I know it's potentially a contraband I better stock up before they get caught ;)

I can't remember - if the gender ultrasound shows a different date, at which point do the doctors change the due date? Or do they? Or do they even look at dates at that point? when was it Jill brought up her second date? so many questions!!!

No, they would not adjust a due date based on an anatomy scan. Dating ultrasounds are only considered reliable before 11 weeks. Anatomy scan isn't considered reliable until 18 weeks. There's no possible overlap there.

There's a store down the street from me in the Boston area that sells Kinder eggs. Now that I know it's potentially a contraband I better stock up before they get caught ;)

I like to imagine the conversation the people who go to the pokey for selling kinder eggs.

"What are ya in for?"

"Children's candy with a fun toy in the middle."

Holy shit, Jill is still pregnant!

I feel sorry for her, hope she doesn't end up having an 100% natural childbirth when delivering a 15lb superbaby. Ouch. (Although maybe it will put her off having ten of them)

Preach it :clap: . As a fellow European I can't agree more.

I'm American and I agree with you completely. Unfortunately in the US the threat of being sued influences everything. There are commericals on every television channel at least once or twice an hour here for lawyers to represent you if you've been injured in an accident or fall.

Kinder Surprise isn't only banned because of some "think of the children" nanny state bullshit, also though it's the case study that's used to block the import. It's because Mars candy corporation lobbied for the ban because they were afraid of competition from Nestlé (evilist of the evil corporations) who was releasing a similar product.

And no one goes to jail because of Kinder Surprise. They fine people $1,200 per egg if you are caught.

Archived