IGNORED

Jill's Neverending Pregnancy Part 6 - Push Jill PUSH

Coconut Flan

Kinder Surprise isn't only banned because of some "think of the children" nanny state bullshit, also though it's the case study that's used to block the import. It's because Mars candy corporation lobbied for the ban because they were afraid of competition from Nestlé (evilist of the evil corporations) who was releasing a similar product.

And no one goes to jail because of Kinder Surprise. They fine people $1,200 per egg if you are caught.

I realize that. It was a joke.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has she had this baby yet? I read somewhere they start losing body weight the longer they stay in the past the due date.

I realize that. It was a joke.

Oh duh. Sorry! Carry on then.

Jesus Christ, 11 pages while I was asleep. I almost want to go back to sleep and forget about all this lol.

Has she had this baby yet? I read somewhere they start losing body weight the longer they stay in the past the due date.

Nope, no Dilly Dally as yet. I think a lot of us (myself included) are starting to worry a bit for Jill and the baby's health. I'm really hoping that the theory about the original due date being wrong is true, because things are starting to get concerning.

All this talk about tv and the longest pregnancy on top of Jill's pregnancy has reminded me about a BBC special. I like that show 'extraordinary people' (I usualy watch it on YouTube) and there was an episode that featured a woman who was pregnant for 46 YEARS! (You can google the episode if you want, 46 year pregnancy, but it gets kind of graphic)

This woman, I can't remember what country she was from, but she came from a place where there was a higher chance of the mother dieing in childbirth. She had went into labor, saw all the pain the other mothers were in, got scared of the pain, and didn't want to die, so she simply went home! She didn't push, she basically fought the labor for 2+ days until the contractions stopped! Afterwords, she just went on with life as normal, not giving it a second thought until 46 years later when she started having medical issues. I can't believe the selfishness of that woman! There was nothing 'extraordinary' about her. MAYBE fascinating from a medical stand point, but I think she should have faced charges of some kind. I couldn't even imagine putting my poor unborn baby through that.

Anyway, my favorite shows are American Horror Story, House (off the air, but I still watch regularly) Bates Motel, and switched at birth. My guilty pleasures are Teen Mom, Dr. Phil, Catfish, and The Real Housewives of NJ/OC.

Honestly it would be pretty hard to accidentally choke on kinder egg toys. The chocolate is a thin she'll, inside that is a plastic egg that is usually sort of hard to open, and inside of that is the toy. Small kids shouldn't be playing with the toys anyways.

Exactly this. Seriously, you would have to work at trying to choke on a Kinder Egg prize. The last time I had one, I got a little Hot Wheel's car out of it. They are almost the same size as the standard-sized Hot Wheels cars.

Cracker Jacks were sold with small prizes in them for years, and the prizes inside the boxes were much smaller than those found in Kinder Eggs. You also have to work much harder to remove the prize from a Kinder Egg. Also true where lifesavers and jawbreakers are far more dangerous than Kinder Egg prizes.

All this talk about tv and the longest pregnancy on top of Jill's pregnancy has reminded me about a BBC special. I like that show 'extraordinary people' (I usualy watch it on YouTube) and there was an episode that featured a woman who was pregnant for 46 YEARS! (You can google the episode if you want, 46 year pregnancy, but it gets kind of graphic)

This woman, I can't remember what country she was from, but she came from a place where there was a higher chance of the mother dieing in childbirth. She had went into labor, saw all the pain the other mothers were in, got scared of the pain, and didn't want to die, so she simply went home! She didn't push, she basically fought the labor for 2+ days until the contractions stopped! Afterwords, she just went on with life as normal, not giving it a second thought until 46 years later when she started having medical issues. I can't believe the selfishness of that woman! There was nothing 'extraordinary' about her. MAYBE fascinating from a medical stand point, but I think she should have faced charges of some kind. I couldn't even imagine putting my poor unborn baby through that.

Anyway, my favorite shows are American Horror Story, House (off the air, but I still watch regularly) Bates Motel, and switched at birth. My guilty pleasures are Teen Mom, Dr. Phil, Catfish, and The Real Housewives of NJ/OC.

Oh man, I was thinking of this lady too! She was from Morocco and the child calcified. I don't think she should have faced charges, as there were some cultural issues involved in what happened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithopedion

Heeeck, I just wanted to take a quick glimpse to see if lil´Dilly has arrived yet (and if there is more chocolate and stripper name debate) - And there we have A REAL discussion about the choking hazards of Kinder eggs! Can´t believe it! That´s probably the oddest thing next to the "Jillmary´s Baby" thread toady here! ^^

Well, I couldn´t resist. Snucked away from La Familia with one of the Kinder eggs my girls got today and one of the already unwrapped toys to throw together a quick Easter Greeting for all the dear FJites! :mrgreen:

Imma now off again to explain what the roasted hare I was doing with one of the easter baskets, but I think it was worth it if I could spread the message of love and tolerance for Kinder eggs :lol:

:animals-bunny: HAPPY EASTER! :animals-bunny:

freejingeroster.jpg

Nope, no Dilly Dally as yet. I think a lot of us (myself included) are starting to worry a bit for Jill and the baby's health. I'm really hoping that the theory about the original due date being wrong is true, because things are starting to get concerning.

Me as well. It's a stretch, but I really hope there's something where TLC, as part of the contract or something, requires her to be check in with a backup doctor even if they're not sharing it so they can know that the baby's doing well. She's mentioned that "backup plan" but that could easily be as simple as planning to show up at a hospital if there were labor complications.

No, they would not adjust a due date based on an anatomy scan. Dating ultrasounds are only considered reliable before 11 weeks. Anatomy scan isn't considered reliable until 18 weeks. There's no possible overlap there.

(Canadian) OB resident here - we have recently switched to using ultrasound for dates regardless of when it was taken. It actually does seem to work better than LMP and when moms are sure of their LMP, the u/s almost always matches up quite closely. I'm not sure about the USA and what ACOG is currently recommending but it is possible that using u/s dates Jill's actual due date was changed even at the 18 week mark or later. This is even more likely if Jill's menses are not regular (unlikely but definitely possible), or if she had some PV bleeding early in pregnancy.

PS: This is my first post :cracking-up:

Oh man, I was thinking of this lady too! She was from Morocco and the child calcified. I don't think she should have faced charges, as there were some cultural issues involved in what happened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithopedion

Maybe not have faced charges, but I couldn't help going into mommy mode while watching the episode. All I could think was that as a parent, you always put your child before yourself, even if that means you could be facing death. It was just the way they made her come off as a hero on the show, like someone who beat the odds, and I'm just sitting here thinking, uh yeah! At the cost of her child's life! I haven't watched the episode. In quite sometime though, so I could be forgetting some of the information. I just remember being very mad at her lol.

(Canadian) OB resident here - we have recently switched to using ultrasound for dates regardless of when it was taken. It actually does seem to work better than LMP and when moms are sure of their LMP, the u/s almost always matches up quite closely. I'm not sure about the USA and what ACOG is currently recommending but it is possible that using u/s dates Jill's actual due date was changed even at the 18 week mark or later. This is even more likely if Jill's menses are not regular (unlikely but definitely possible), or if she had some PV bleeding early in pregnancy.

PS: This is my first post :cracking-up:

:text-welcomewave:

I don't think the baby is really that overdue. He just dropped down not too long ago; he's probably a week or so post dates, which is about what my son was. For all the FJ speculation, I doubt they would do anything to put the baby or Jill in danger.

No pb if school requests (ours always sends a notice if there's a known allergy at the school), no shoes in the house because I find bare feet soothing, and I can't remember the rest.

I don't like peeps though.

Headship lifted his face from his biscuts and gravy long enough to say "tell them all I said Happy Zombie Day".

Maybe not have faced charges, but I couldn't help going into mommy mode while watching the episode. All I could think was that as a parent, you always put your child before yourself, even if that means you could be facing death. It was just the way they made her come off as a hero on the show, like someone who beat the odds, and I'm just sitting here thinking, uh yeah! At the cost of her child's life! I haven't watched the episode. In quite sometime though, so I could be forgetting some of the information. I just remember being very mad at her lol.

It's been a while since I saw the show but my understanding was that if she had the c-section both she and the baby would probably have bled to death because the Drs had no way of knowing that it was an abdominal pregnancy and would likely have cut through the placenta leading to heavy blood loss. Even with current medical technology abdominal pregnancies (that survive to deliver) are exceptionally high risk for both the mother and child.

And I kept telling the docs that I thought I might be about a week off on my LMP date, they didn't pay too much mind. Ds was born exactly a week late, or right on time, depending on which date you go off of lol.

If Jill's due date was adjusted, I think they would have said so, or at least laid off the "X weeks and X days" chalkboard picture updates. If she were adjusted and say she didn't actually reach 40 weeks till today, what would they do if she went late from there? If she's still claiming to be 2 weeks further along than she actually is, she would have a very hard time claiming to go to 43 or 44 weeks.

It's been a while since I saw the show but my understanding was that if she had the c-section both she and the baby would probably have bled to death because the Drs had no way of knowing that it was an abdominal pregnancy and would likely have cut through the placenta leading to heavy blood loss. Even with current medical technology abdominal pregnancies (that survive to deliver) are exceptionally high risk for both the mother and child.

I'm going to have to go back and re watch it myself then. I don't remember a lot of the facts. My husband and I watched it together, and I remember her saying that she got scared and went home, then I just started yelling at my tv lol, so I probably missed those things. But even so, I still can't fathom just going about life afterward like nothing had happened.

Headship lifted his face from his biscuts and gravy long enough to say "tell them all I said Happy Zombie Day".

You have a funny headship! lol

Favourite TV shows - Call the Midwife, (very appropriate in this thread) Downton Abbey, Lost, Dr Who, Once Upon a Time, Grey's Anatomy, The Amazing Race, Mr Selfridge, Heartland, Outlander, and Murdoch Mysteries.

Books - Maeve Binchy, Marian Keyes, Nora Roberts

Favorite TV Shows- ME -EVER

Third Watch

V - the original version 1984-85

Happy Days

Joanie Loves CHachi

the facts of life

MacGyver

Friends

Felicity

Relativity

Brothers and Sisters

XFIILES

Knots Landing

Dallas

Gilmore Girls 1-6 ONLY

someone should email TLC

can't believe we're actually speaking about Kinder Chocolate eggs now.. ;D

in my POV, there is no way that a child is smart enough to open that stupid egg (even I sometimes have trouble to open it, and i have 20+ years experience) and we have eaten quite a few lately.. most likely, parents would have to open up the egg anyways and then they can rebuild this thing, and if the plaything is too small for a kid, then put it away.. as easy as that.. a collegue of mine at work brings some of the toys home for his little girl, shes about 18 months.. another collegue was visiting us the other day with her son, he's nine months old and he played with a ball out of Kinder chocolate eggs (built together), which he couldn't even have brought into his mouth, so I'm not worried.

But obviously it's in the US, where you can get penaltys for buying Kinder Chocolates, but every odd household has a loaded gun at home and you hear about kids being shot by their siblings every odd week.. I find that a lot more troubling, and i think the chances to be shot by your siblings (by accident) are a lot bigger than by a Kinder chocolate egg. And i won't even talk about the things you can get sued for, it is crazy..

alright, rant over..

two more things

did anyone else notice that, as soon as the wedding was over (like after the reception), Jessa was (oh my god!!!) fronthugging people? what a sin ;D Loved the wedding by the way, thought it was way better than Jills, and i loved that they did not have their 'first' kiss in front of 1200 people, who can't all be their friends, i mean.. seriously..

AND.. does anybody else connect TTH with TaterTotHouse instead of TinkerToyHouse? i find it makes a lot sense as well.. probably because i connect Tatertots with Duggars, and Tinker Toy is not a word I ever use (not that i have many conversations about Tatertots either, but.. nevermind

can't believe we're actually speaking about Kinder Chocolate eggs now.. ;D

in my POV, there is no way that a child is smart enough to open that stupid egg (even I sometimes have trouble to open it, and i have 20+ years experience) and we have eaten quite a few lately.. most likely, parents would have to open up the egg anyways and then they can rebuild this thing, and if the plaything is too small for a kid, then put it away.. as easy as that.. a collegue of mine at work brings some of the toys home for his little girl, shes about 18 months.. another collegue was visiting us the other day with her son, he's nine months old and he played with a ball out of Kinder chocolate eggs (built together), which he couldn't even have brought into his mouth, so I'm not worried.

But obviously it's in the US, where you can get penaltys for buying Kinder Chocolates, but every odd household has a loaded gun at home and you hear about kids being shot by their siblings every odd week.. I find that a lot more troubling, and i think the chances to be shot by your siblings (by accident) are a lot bigger than by a Kinder chocolate egg. And i won't even talk about the things you can get sued for, it is crazy..

alright, rant over..

two more things

did anyone else notice that, as soon as the wedding was over (like after the reception), Jessa was (oh my god!!!) fronthugging people? what a sin ;D Loved the wedding by the way, thought it was way better than Jills, and i loved that they did not have their 'first' kiss in front of 1200 people, who can't all be their friends, i mean.. seriously..

AND.. does anybody else connect TTH with TaterTotHouse instead of TinkerToyHouse? i find it makes a lot sense as well.. probably because i connect Tatertots with Duggars, and Tinker Toy is not a word I ever use (not that i have many conversations about Tatertots either, but.. nevermind

Raises hand!

Also TTC always makes me think "trying to conceive". Maybe that's why it's the Duggars' favorite dinner!

I can't believe I read the whole thing!

Come one Dilly Dally - Mamma's gotta be super uncomfortable. Keeping sweet with a 2 week old inside you can't be fun.

Stripper name: Goldie Chippawa

TV: Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, Better Call Saul, Good Wife, Castle

Cracker Barrel: is a delicious cheese from Kraft. Never been to the restaurant cause I'm Canadian, but I looked at their menu. If you are a big fan of beige food, then I guess it would be the place to go.

Kinder Surprise: Available everywhere here. No need to travel to Europe. Good thing we have universal health care to cover the millions of small children who suffer from toy ingestion every year!! (j/k - don't know anyone who thinks this is an issue)

Religion: Baptised Anglican, went to Baptist church for a while til they got too weird even for a 12 year old. Back to Anglican - cause they have the best choir music and I like to sing. Now Atheist/Humanist - but still like classic religious works like Vivaldi's Gloria and Handel's Messiah.

Archived