IGNORED

Jill's Neverending Pregnancy Part 6 - Push Jill PUSH

Coconut Flan

Yeah, I don't think FJ is ever going to let Derick live that one down. It is too good.

Hells yeah - kids about to be born, Jill screams for Derick, but he's out in the backyard digging a bunker, and stocking it with canned beans and guns- "Just prepping for the End Times dear, be there in a minute!"

So yes, I have lost the plot I think....anyway, it's the middle of the afternoon on the 5th here.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fave TV show: Big Bang theory, The Blacklist, How To Get Away With Murder, Nashville, and NCIS

Reality Amazing Race, America's Got Talent, and The Voice

Yep, this totally is a thing. I was induced years ago, and the thing they used to pop my amnio sack was a crochet needle. They had it in a little plastic package like it was an official tool for the job, but it did occur to me that you could crochet a scarf with a hook that size.

Right?!! I thought the same thing.

:shock: What the heck?!?! My water broke first, but I wasn't even dilated to 2 cm, so it was a 17 hour labor WITH 2 doses of pitocin. My mom had her water break first and she only lasted 2 hours before I was born. And you guys are saying it goes fast after the water breaks? So, this is a fact? I think I have the luck of a footless rabbit. :(

Hells yeah - kids about to be born, Jill screams for Derick, but he's out in the backyard digging a bunker, and stocking it with canned beans and guns- "Just prepping for the End Times dear, be there in a minute!"

So yes, I have lost the plot I think....anyway, it's the middle of the afternoon on the 5th here.

Does he not think he and Jill will survive the Rapture? Havent they been abiding by Gods rules their whole life?

I think that might be considered intervention by Jill. They are waiting for the Lord to call the baby from her womb, according to Derick's Twitter post a couple of days ago. Then the End Times can begin.

:lol: You're hilarious! I love this :clap:

:shock: What the heck?!?! My water broke first, but I wasn't even dilated to 2 cm, so it was a 17 hour labor WITH 2 doses of pitocin. My mom had her water break first and she only lasted 2 hours before I was born. And you guys are saying it goes fast after the water breaks? So, this is a fact? I think I have the luck of a footless rabbit. :(

My waters were broken at about 2-3cm, and it would make the contractions more active. I was induced all 5 times and my longest labor was 8 hours, shortest was 3, start to finish. Epidural sped me up too.

I wonder if Jill has even been checked too see if she is progressing without labor? My #5 I was 4cm the day I was induced and never once had a contraction before pitocin.

I don't think they rupture membranes as a way to induce labor, but if you're already in labor and have stalled, rupturing often speeds things up.

Most women in my family start labor with their membranes rupturing spontaneously. They'll be, "Huh, I wonder if that's a contraction?" And then 2 seconds later, *sploosh!*

Does he not think he and Jill will survive the Rapture? Havent they been abiding by Gods rules their whole life?

Yeah they probably do think that - either I've watched Doomsday Preppers one too many times (once was indeed enough), or this thread is making me crazy. Or something :think:

Fave TV show: Big Bang theory, The Blacklist, How To Get Away With Murder, Nashville, and NCIS

Reality Amazing Race, America's Got Talent, and The Voice

Wanna be BFF's? I love Big Bang, How To Get Away with Murder, Nashville, and The Voice too. But I am addicted to Big Brother.

I don't think they rupture membranes as a way to induce labor, but if you're already in labor and have stalled, rupturing often speeds things up.

Most women in my family start labor with their membranes rupturing spontaneously. They'll be, "Huh, I wonder if that's a contraction?" And then 2 seconds later, *sploosh!*

They always broke mine at the beginning of my inductions. Tried to see if I could do it without pitocin.

I had bags of steel, no way in hell was mine going to spontaneous rupture lol

They always broke mine at the beginning of my inductions. Tried to see if I could do it without pitocin.

I had bags of steel, no way in hell was mine going to spontaneous rupture lol

With my second son, they leaked for a while as they had broken (no sploosh though, just trickling), then they stopped. Nothing. No contractions. Dr whipped out the crochet hook and rebroke them, and my son was born an hour later. He was 10b 12oz, and the doc thought that as the membranes broke, the baby moved further down and his head sort of formed a seal, like a stopper in a jar.

@grandmaduggar---I'm on my BB forum almost 24/7 :embarrassed: :embarrassed: I even buy the live feeds every year :o

Since we're sharing birthing stories. I didn't have an epidural but the docs in Germany came in and asked if I wanted something for the pain. I said YES and they gave me two shoots inside my hoohaa, one on each side and no more pain. Don't know what it was, didn't care at the time LOL

With my second son, they leaked for a while as they had broken (no sploosh though, just trickling), then they stopped. Nothing. No contractions. Dr whipped out the crochet hook and rebroke them, and my son was born an hour later. He was 10b 12oz, and the doc thought that as the membranes broke, the baby moved further down and his head sort of formed a seal, like a stopper in a jar.

My bffs water broke and then stopped too. She got the crochet hook and dd was born an hour later.

When they delivered her placenta, there was a small hole at the top of it, which was the reason for the trickle, but not enough pressure to keep it going. Was very baffling, but awesome useless knowledge

I think that happens in my family too. The doctor at my last visit wanted to strip the membranes but I wasn't dilated enough. It just happened spontaneously for me at home. Contractions started when I got to the hospital. They put the stupid monitor on me wrong and it didn't register anything, so they didn't believe me and gave me pitocin to get them going. I was so unprepared going into that labor, and if I do it again, I'll be much more vocal and well educated.

Since we're sharing birthing stories. I didn't have an epidural but the docs in Germany came in and asked if I wanted something for the pain. I said YES and they gave me two shoots inside my hoohaa, one on each side and no more pain. Don't know what it was, didn't care at the time LOL

OMG ... I would have died . Bravo!

@grandmaduggar---I'm on my BB forum almost 24/7 :embarrassed: :embarrassed: I even buy the live feeds every year :o

SAME HERE!!!!! My claim to fame is I "know" one of the former HGs.

AAAnnd we are on to part 6.

I knew it. I left to have drinks with friends and now I'm back. I knew dilly wouldn't have come out yet.

(OH Bloody Caesars I forgot to add those to my favorite drinks. How stupid, it's like... my signature drink that I have all the time we go out. I had some just now. Even my friends can order it for me. I swear to all Americans on here: it's so much better than a Bloody Mary. I had both and the Caesar is so superior!) :obscene-drinkingbuddies:

Gosh I'm kind of sad. Even tipsy, I want to check on Jill's imminent birth.

Edit: because my brain forgets some words after a few drinks.

Artificially breaking a woman's water does usually start or speed up labor. I know women who were induced this way without medication. However, if it doesn't work then it leads to an increased risk of infection so many (most?) doctors and midwives will no longer do it.

Other thoughts I had that this thread has already moved on from:

Maybe Rumplestiltskin is the problem: Jill was so desperate to get out of her parent's house that she promised him her first born son if he found her a husband. Now she's afraid he'll show up when she gives birth. (Or she's had the baby and is hiding him and posting old/fake pictures to throw Rumplestiltskin off.)

375 day pregnancy: Just no way is that possible. So now that we know more about chemical pregnancies and vanishing twin, I think this must be some really bizarre combination of chemical pregnancies, superfetation, and vanishing twin as well as a super-long gestation.

SAME HERE!!!!! My claim to fame is I "know" one of the former HGs.

OK, which one is it, my curiosity is flying-----or is it YOU ;)

All Of My Kids Had That internal scalp monitor during labor. They literally screw it into the babies head.

And, all 5 of my kids, have a brown mole on the tops of their heads. I used to tell them it was where their GPS was inatalled. With our gvmt these days, maybe I shouldn't have joked that.

Went to do this on the last thread and it was locked by the time I went to do it, so here goes...

Stripper Name: Sorcha Victoria

Drink: I don't consume alcohol at all, so a regular diet Pepsi is fine with me.

Purses: I use a courier type bag. I don't use a purse cuz I don't like them, even though I have a friend that keeps giving them to me.

Circ: two boys, neither are done, even though it's part of my faith.

PB: good for helping litte children make bird feeders. Disgusting to eat.

Chocolate: weakness. Which is bad, since I'm diabetic. Was so glad to move back to Canada because I hated American chocolate and couldn't find good kinds that didn't cost an arm and a leg when I was down there. British chocolate if even better.

Heels: nope. I'd rather wear comfy footwear.

Fave Song: don't really have a favourite. Horribly embarrassed 9 year old son by singing loudly to The Dixie Chicks today though.

Fave Movie: The American President.

Fave Book: To Kill a Mockingbird and most of Ken Follett's stuff.

Fave TV show: NCIS, L&O:SVU, Survivor is a guilty pleasure.

Cracker Barrel: a treat whenever we drive in the States. The closest to me is just over the border in Michigan, which is still a 2.5 hour drive from here.

Shoes: Off.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Census: 38 year old, halfway divorced (long story), two boys ages 9 and 10, raised Presbyterian (first Church of Scotland, then Presbyterian Church in Canada) and converted to Islam officially in 2006 though I'd have done it sooner had it not been for my father's job (Presbyterian minister, very small, narrow minded town. Got married in and baptised the boys in said church to make my parents happy even though I was miserable with the whole thing. Finally decided was better for me to be happy. So now am a practising yet rather liberal Muslim raising my kids as Muslims, though I don't readily agree with a lot of things the more vocal groups say.

Wanna be BFF's? I love Big Bang, How To Get Away with Murder, Nashville, and The Voice too. But I am addicted to Big Brother.

Okie dokie! I have seen most of the Nashville Cast at the Opry, Only ones I lack are Will ( Chris Carmack ) Luke ( Will Chase) Layla ( Aubree Peeples) and Zoey ( Chaley Rose)

Scarlett ( Clare Bowen) and Deacon ( Chip Esten) are two of the best singers I have ever seen live

Archived