IGNORED

Lisa Pennington: Taking Responsibility for Our Actions

16strong

Someone calls out Jacob for being at an unaccredited law school in one of his facebook posts... How old is he/what's his deal? (I realize I could go delve into Lisa's blog but I don't want to go down that emotionally distant rabbit hole..)

Someone calls out Jacob for being at an unaccredited law school in one of his facebook posts... How old is he/what's his deal? (I realize I could go delve into Lisa's blog but I don't want to go down that emotionally distant rabbit hole..)

I think he is 24. Second oldest child, oldest son. Has drunk, showered and marinated in the kool-ade. Sometimes I wonder if he would have grown up to be likeable with a different upbringing.

Oakbrook is a Christian on-line law school (California) with very inexpensive tuition (probably around $7000/year).

Pennington pere graduated from Oakbrook College of Law* in the last year or two and I think that is him on the far right of the Oakbrook home page: check it out at http://www.obcl.edu

I suspect this is the same school that Jacob is "attending". I just can't wrap my head around someone potentially getting a law degree who has never lived away from home, never gone to college, but it is entirely possible at Oakbrook, I suppose. I'm sure they get a lot of home schooled applicants.

From a 2012 on-line article in the Sacramento Business Journal:

Which California law schools have highest bar pass rates?

Graduates of California’s best-known — and most selective — law schools generally have the highest bar exam pass rates. But there are exceptions. Oak Brook College of Law & Government Policy, for example, ranked No. 18 out of more than 50 law schools in the state, according to statistics compiled by the State Bar of California. The unaccredited Fresno-based law school offers correspondence courses with a Christian focus.

No. 18. Oak Brook College of Law & Gov't Policy, an unaccredited correspondence school based in Fresno, with a California Bar exam pass rate of 51.9 percent in 2011-12. The school's pass rate for first-time exam takers was 88.9 percent.

I don't quite understand these statistics, but you can look at the slide show showing the top 25 law schools in Cali (including Oakbrook at #18) and pass rates here

http://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/n ... ge_gallery

Link not broken cuz news Web site.

A little more googling shows that the California bar exam is considered one of the harder exams ins in the US.

Oakbrook tuition is in the $7,000-$8,000/year range. The Penningtons live in Texas, so for comparison, at the University of Texas at Austin, first-year law students (Texas residents) can expect to spend about $34,000 on tuition/fees/books and a student from out-of-state will be paying about $51,000. That doesn't include travel and living expenses. If you add those in, your annual total costs are looking more like $54,000-$70,000.

*In the past, it used to be referred to as the Oakbrook School of Law and Government Policy; now it is just Oakbrook College of Law.

Pennington pere graduated from Oakbrook College of Law* in the last year or two and I think that is him on the far right of the Oakbrook home page: check it out at http://www.obcl.edu

The banner behind the group of students looks like something you'd see in a middle school gym.

thepenningtonpoint.com/2014/07/open-letter-extroverts/

She has a new post up. I look her up on Facebook sometimes, if only to read the comments her nutty fans/ass kissers leave.

This is all about how she is an Introvert but it's okay because "God made me exactly how I'm supposed to be!" which is all fine and dandy, but you guys all know Lisa, and guess what? The post is all about how to you (a stranger) can better interact with LISA.

this part I think she is trying to compensate for her possible decline of worshipers recently, but that's JUST my opinion...

"If you see me all alone in the lunchroom, you don’t need to feel sorry for me! I like being alone. I don’t need you to rescue me from that. If you want to come talk to me that’s great, but if you have other things to do that’s great too! I am actually happy sitting there by myself."

Ahhhhh Lisa, :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

How is Lisa an introvert? She doesn't get drained from social interaction, she downright THRIVES off of it. I feel like she's just labelling herself that to get more attention.

Ya gotta be smart enough to understand the word before ya start writing blogs.

I can't stand this broad. If introvert is synonymous with narcissist, then yes! She's absolutely an introvert.

Since that last post about her being an introvert, she has made TWO more posts. Turning into your "self" and being into yourself are two completely different things!

On Saturday morning I headed to Grapevine, TX to attend an event hosted by some amazing Young Living leaders. I didn’t really have any expectations, but I was blown away and left inspired and encouraged. It definitely got me pumped to be more vocal about how much I love my oils. I tend to be kind of, oh, you know, all introverted and “you might like them, maybe†about it.

:lair4:

Ya gotta be smart enough to understand the word before ya start writing blogs.

I can't stand this broad. If introvert is synonymous with narcissist, then yes! She's absolutely an introvert.

As an introvert, I am insulted. [emoji135]

(Not really.... Just kind of annoyed that Lisa passes of her flaws as being introverted.

Since that last post about her being an introvert, she has made TWO more posts. Turning into your "self" and being into yourself are two completely different things!

:lair4:

:eye roll: Damn that woman loves her oils

Oakbrook is a Christian on-line law school (California) with very inexpensive tuition (probably around $7000/year).

I suspect this is the same school that Jacob is "attending". I just can't wrap my head around someone potentially getting a law degree who has never lived away from home, never gone to college, but it is entirely possible at Oakbrook, I suppose. I'm sure they get a lot of home schooled applicants.

From a 2012 on-line article in the Sacramento Business Journal:

I don't quite understand these statistics, but you can look at the slide show showing the top 25 law schools in Cali (including Oakbrook at #18) and pass rates here

http://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/n ... ge_gallery

Link not broken cuz news Web site.

A little more googling shows that the California bar exam is considered one of the harder exams ins in the US.

FYI-- If you graduate from Oakbrook you can only take the bar in California as the other 49 states will not allow you to take the bar unless you graduate from an accredited law school. In my state he could never be admitted even if he practiced for 20 years in Cal and then took the state bar. These guys are stuck only practicing in California. I'm sure Oakbrook has a course or two specifically on how to take and pass the Cal bar. A good prep course practicing the exam over and over.

Archived