IGNORED

Lisa Pennington: Taking Responsibility for Our Actions

16strong

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rofl::laughing-rollingyellow:

This latest article is nothing but a snarkfest. Have at it everyone, and merry early Christmas!

thepenningtonpoint.com/2015/04/taking-responsibility-for-our-actions/

Whenever I see something of this sort on a page by Lisa or others here, I know they're not just exposing their own flaws for the education of readers: Their confessions are actually, somewhere, somehow, going to be used as weapons. All I had to do was read long enough, and then...

If you choose truth, in my experience even if you are humble, there will be people who won’t want that kind of relationship. They will leave. They can’t take the pressure that comes from being responsible for their own decisions, so they flee. It’s sad and painful, but in the same way that you are responsible for your choices, they are responsible for theirs.

With the stuff we deconstruct here, it's not enough for the author to write, "Yeah, I really fucked up. Seriously" and maybe add some kind of explanation for where a series of events may have started. There's always - it seems always - this aside where they "slyly" add a dig at one of their foes.

It's a bit more distasteful in this case because (a) Lisa just wrote this long thing about gossiping, and (b) her foe is...pretty well known here because Lisa herself placed that information on her website.

Interesting that she does not seem to take any responsibility for the wrongs done to her children. It seems that she does not even understand how wrong not getting the proper paperwork for her children is. I'd love to see them say, "We were wrong to not insure our children had what they need to function in the adult world." I am not sure why, but the hypocrisy in that post is so maddening!

Oh, of course. SHE, Lisa, chose the truth -- meaning anyone opposed to her manipulation and abuse is choosing lies.

Of course, that's how it works, right?

Truth is relative - fundies like Lisa may think they embody "Truth" but they are often some of the best examples of how relative truth can be. :roll:

Lisa Pennington is one of the most dishonest, least self-aware people that I've ever read about or encountered in any way. I hope at least some of her other children are also able to break free.

Here again, true to form, she's not guilty of anything. She will serve as the shining example of how to be the model person & her rebellious, awful daughter should look up to said example.

I sincerely hope Faith comes in contact with Cynthia Jeub & they push a nationwide movement.

Here again, true to form, she's not guilty of anything. She will serve as the shining example of how to be the model person & her rebellious, awful daughter should look up to said example.

I sincerely hope Faith comes in contact with Cynthia Jeub & they push a nationwide movement.

I am looking this up but PLEASE fill me in on daughter?? Did she break out????

Her 18-year-old daughter left home in October. Lisa's blog post about that event, titled "The Hardest Post I Ever Wrote" is here:

thepenningtonpoint.com/2014/10/hardest-post-ever-wrote/

This daughter subsequently discovered that she had no birth certificate or SSN. She created a Web site called Help Me Prove it and posted a YouTube by the same name that went viral.

That Web site has been silent since Feb, when it seemed that her quest for a birth certificate was gaining traction with a representative from the state legislature (from Georgetown, Tx), so I hope by now she has her official birth certificate.

Speaking of responsibility, earlier this year, Lisa went off to a multi-day conference with her three daughters, leaving her five "boys" at home. She blogged that she wasn't completely comfortable doing this so she prepared all the food and other things in advance (toys, games).

Her oldest son, WHO STILL LIVES AT HOME, is 24.

Then there are four younger boys, whose (very approximate) ages are 15, 13, 12, 8.

So you have not taught your son, at 24, to be responsible enough for you to be confident that he can care for four younger siblings for three days? Sad.

Her 18-year-old daughter left home in October. Lisa's blog post about that event, titled "The Hardest Post I Ever Wrote" is here:

thepenningtonpoint.com/2014/10/hardest-post-ever-wrote/

This daughter subsequently discovered that she had no birth certificate or SSN. She created a Web site called Help Me Prove it and posted a YouTube by the same name that went viral.

That Web site has been silent since Feb, when it seemed that her quest for a birth certificate was gaining traction with a representative from the state legislator in Georgetown, Tx, so I hope by now she has her official birth certificate.

Speaking of responsibility, earlier this year, Lisa went off to a multi-day conference with her three daughters, leaving her five "boys" at home. She blogged that she wasn't completely comfortable doing this so she prepared all the food and other things in advance (toys, games).

Her oldest son, WHO STILL LIVES AT HOME, is 24.

Then there are four younger boys, whose (very approximate) ages are 15, 13, 12, 8.

So you have not taught your son, at 24, to be responsible enough for you to be confident that he can care for four younger siblings for three days? Sad.

Wow! That is incredible. I will educate myself more on this family. Now I see why many of you do think it's possible for a Duggar or other fundie kid to leave the cult. Thanks!

On the fb Faith said, this past Saturday:

I think we are very close to getting it sorted out!

In reply to a comment

If anyone's read the oldest boy's Facebook, he is STEEPED in the Kool-Aid. I'd argue even moreso than Grace. There's no way he's leaving.

And yay to the news that Faith has nearly got her case worked out! I can't wait for the day she gets her identity.

If anyone's read the oldest boy's Facebook, he is STEEPED in the Kool-Aid. I'd argue even moreso than Grace. There's no way he's leaving.

And yay to the news that Faith has nearly got her case worked out! I can't wait for the day she gets her identity.

Well, if he ever finds a wife, maybe the new couple will just pull a single wide onto the Pennington hobby farm and he'll never have to leave.

So happy for Faith that things are getting sorted out.

He's also seeped in the essential oils!

"So I woke up this morning with a sore throat. I'm planning to record a song today, so that posed a bit of a problem. Get this though: I mixed a single drop of Thieves oil in a glass of water, and the sore throat was gone in about five minutes.That's something I'll want to remember for next time" - posted earlier today

"April is a great month to start using essential oils! If you buy the premium starter kit this month, I'll send you a free reference book and a bottle of lime!" - April 3rd

Can you say BRAINWASHED?! :pfft: :chores-laundry:

Well, if he ever finds a wife, maybe the new couple will just pull a single wide onto the Pennington hobby farm and he'll never have to leave.

That's a big IF. Probably will have to go the Joseph Maxwell arranged/surprise/brief courtship route. And yes, they will live under Mommy Dearest's thumb. Can you imagine having Lisa as a mother-in-law? Yikes.

That "Taking Responsibility" blog post is so vague it's not taking responsibility for anything.

He's also seeped in the essential oils!

"So I woke up this morning with a sore throat. I'm planning to record a song today, so that posed a bit of a problem. Get this though: I mixed a single drop of Thieves oil in a glass of water, and the sore throat was gone in about five minutes.That's something I'll want to remember for next time" - posted earlier today

"April is a great month to start using essential oils! If you buy the premium starter kit this month, I'll send you a free reference book and a bottle of lime!" - April 3rd

Can you say BRAINWASHED?! :pfft: :chores-laundry:

So he is shilling it too?!?! Wierd. A twenty something boy selling essential oils.......I bet he is killing it with the ladies. To bad they are probly all middle aged married stay at home moms. I wonder if he works under his mom.

ETA- what's his name again? I want to look up his FB.

His name is Jacob Pennington. And I don't know why, but I find him to be Norman Bates-level creepy. Not someone I'd ever go near.

So he is shilling it too?!?! Wierd. A twenty something boy selling essential oils.......I bet he is killing it with the ladies. To bad they are probly all middle aged married stay at home moms. I wonder if he works under his mom.

ETA- what's his name again? I want to look up his FB.

Jacob Pennington

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008151910536

His name is Jacob Pennington. And I don't know why, but I find him to be Norman Bates-level creepy. Not someone I'd ever go near.

I remember that. I also keep thinking his name is Name is Chad. He looks like a Chad. No offense to all the non creepy Chads out there.

His FB is on the lame side. Including his Jacob Pennington the artist page, in which he "likes" his own posts. Basically his own family likes his post and then the same group of people. He is such a wannabe Botkin boy. Just be yourself Jacob.

He is also the singer songwriter who admittedly can't write songs, per his crowdfunding page. He's got a couple of YouTube videos up; he can't sing either. :cray-cray:

Just found this thread. Is this the same Pennington family that Cynthia Jeub references in the following post:

cynthiajeub.com/2015/02/alecia-pennington-identity-abuse-and-me/

Cynthia links to this article in her blog post:

patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2015/02/i-stand-with-alecia-pennington.html

Just found this thread. Is this the same Pennington family that Cynthia Jeub references in the following post:

cynthiajeub.com/2015/02/alecia-pennington-identity-abuse-and-me/

Cynthia links to this article in her blog post:

patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2015/02/i-stand-with-alecia-pennington.html

Yes it is. It didn't take long for Cynthia to pounce on Alecia's case and let it be known. Their situations were so similar it's freaky. These articles/blogs were my wake up to this entire lifestyle. I always knew there were tee-totalers out there, but I didn't know there were folks that went this far to control their children. :shock: It makes me want to dye my daughters hair green and put her on a hippie bus.

(ok maybe not the hippie bus but you get the picture.)

Archived