IGNORED

The World HATES babies. Kelly 2 Chicken Breasts

OkToBeTakei

(snip)

Two chicken breasts because she can feed her whole family on two chicken breasts and some wilted celery and call it nutrition. She pops em out but certainly cannot afford to feed em.

That recipe still haunts my kitchen! I blame Kelly 2 chicken breasts, for the incident we have decided to call "green sludge". Taking a leaf out of her book, I threw whatever was in the fridge into the slow-cooker and blended. It was an experiment, okay? Don't judge! No, actually, do. The chicken breasts, plus wilted celery were fine. I think adding stock, spices and a leftover avocado pushed it over the edge from "edible" to "what the eff is this?".

If you want to replicate, leave the avocado out. The avocado turns sludge into green sludge. Also, it doesn't feed eleven people. I woke up hungry in the middle of the night, and I only tried to feed two. No, there are no pictures. We're trying to forget that this ever happened.

If you have any further questions about our real-life reenactment, find me in the prayer closet, contemplating my culinary crimes!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love babies! I just don't want more than the one I already have! I would love to snuggle ALL THE BABIES just like I would love to snuggle ALL THE KITTENS... but I also know I can't afford anymore, nor do I need anymore. Of either.

Do Labor And Delivery Nurses get to snuggle all the babies?

That recipe still haunts my kitchen! I blame Kelly 2 chicken breasts, for the incident we have decided to call "green sludge". Taking a leaf out of her book, I threw whatever was in the fridge into the slow-cooker and blended. It was an experiment, okay? Don't judge! No, actually, do. The chicken breasts, plus wilted celery were fine. I think adding stock, spices and a leftover avocado pushed it over the edge from "edible" to "what the eff is this?".

If you want to replicate, leave the avocado out. The avocado turns sludge into green sludge. Also, it doesn't feed eleven people. I woke up hungry in the middle of the night, and I only tried to feed two. No, there are no pictures. We're trying to forget that this ever happened.

If you have any further questions about our real-life reenactment, find me in the prayer closet, contemplating my culinary crimes!

:lol:

AND DRUMROLL!!!!!

I found the original!

Serves 11

Chicken casserole

I had 2 small, frozen chicken breasts, a wilted stalk of celery half an onion, 4 mushrooms and some rice.

Boiled the chicken in water with celery stalks, a bit of oil/butter and onion. I sauteed the (finely chopped) mushrooms with some garlic, then made a creamy sauce in that pan with oil, some of the broth and milk (I think I used half and half). Browned the chicken and put it in the blender, chopping rather finely. I poured everything over rice (which I cooked in the chicken broth) and it was SO yummy. Served with salad. I had cheers all around. (I set about 1 cup of excess rice in the fridge for later.)

:shock:

Two SMALL chicken breast and one pitiful stalk of celery. I have read homemade dog food recipes that are more nutritious than that.

AND DRUMROLL!!!!!

I found the original!

Serves 11

She's BRAGGING about how little food she used. :shock:

It actually sounds pretty tasty (I kind of love bland food!), but I imagine if I made that for my boyfriend and me, it would either leave a little bit for a nice leftover lunch for me the following day or be completely gone, depending on how hungry/gluttonous we were feeling. ELEVEN PEOPLE?! :pink-shock:

Whenever I re-read that, I pretend that it was like a 10lb bag of rice and everyone filled up on it, even though I am 100% sure that's not true. It just makes me incredibly sad otherwise :(

She's BRAGGING about how little food she used. :shock:

It actually sounds pretty tasty (I kind of love bland food!), but I imagine if I made that for my boyfriend and me, it would either leave a little bit for a nice leftover lunch for me the following day or be completely gone, depending on how hungry/gluttonous we were feeling. ELEVEN PEOPLE?! :pink-shock:

I was only a lurker when Chickengate went down, but for some reason I did not remember the amount of food being THAT small. What a stupid bitch. If you open your pantry and that is all the food you have to feed your hungry children and you think it is enough, go and get your head examined. Actually, get your head examined anyway.

And putting solid foods in blenders grosses me out, but I am really picky about texture. Browning the chicken and serving it over rice sounds yummy to me. Browning it and then blending it sounds :puke-front:

I constantly get comments about how cute my baby is when we're out and about. Who knew it was because everyone hates her?

AND DRUMROLL!!!!!

I found the original!

Serves 11

Needs moar avocado!

I don't hate babies; actually I would love to have a baby some day but if I would get pregnant in this time of my life I would start panicking.

Edit: Concerning vaccines: I personaly don't know if I should trust them or not.

If you don't trust vaccines, do not have kids.

THIS. Thank you. People don't understand that 1) We don't REALLY know what exactly causes autism. The (legitimate) research is just now starting to gain steam. 2) Autism diagnoses have exploded partially because of the development of the spectrum of diagnoses. "Autism" constitutes classic autism, Asperger's, and pervasive developmental disorder-not otherwise specified, or PDD-NOS for short, which is a group of disorders in and of itself. If you combine the incidence of all three with sub-types, yes, "autism" is everywhere. Also, those with Asperger's would have simply been classified as "weird kids" in the ancient times, like the '60s, when homosexuals were still "deviants" by APA standards. Criteria, awareness, level of professional interest change everything.

VACCINES HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT HELP TO REDUCE, PREVENT, AND PRACTICALLY ERADICATE SEVERAL TERRIBLE INFECTIOUS DISEASES. Babies and children used to die in droves without them. What the hell is wrong with people?! I understand your concerns about what you put into your child's body, but for heaven's sake, if you've taken them to McDonald's just once, or given them any piece of candy with food dye in it, you have exposed them to the same practical risks...

*Edited to say: nataraja, I'm not specifically including you into my generic "people" outcry above. It's the fact that between internet sensationalism and faux science, really smart people are unnecessarily jeopardizing the health of children.

Added to which, all those normal healthy kids you see running around doing normal healthy kid stuff are almost all fully vaccinated.

I love babies. DH and I want another one (our son turns 3 tomorrow). We were just talking today about names for a second and when would be a good time to start trying.

We decided the fall, because our circumstances are such that a baby would not be good right now. Too much stress with both out jobs, my mom isn't in the are yet to help out, need to save a little more money, and find a bigger place to live.

We have brains and we are using them, instead of just hoping for the best.

The blender? I have a chopper I put cooked chicken through, but the blender?

I make something fairly similar to that I guess, with chicken, onion, celery, and carrots, over rice. My kids don't like gravy and will just eat it like that, my husband will add hot sauce. I usually just add some butter. I will use 3-4 chicken breasts for the six of us though.

We have both measles and pertussis running through our schools this year. Our district has a really low vaccination rate and even all this illness is not getting people to vaccinate. It's crazy.

So fertility is not a personal decision? :?

Yeah, apparently I did not get the memo that I had to go before a public committee and discuss my reproductive choices.

I find Chicken Boob's rant perplexing. Here she is harping on the masses about their baby hating ways, yet she has done more baby hating with her actions towards her own children than I ever will by not having children. If there is anyone that hates babies in this scenario, it is not me. I am looking at you, Chicken Boob.

And how disgusting is her description of the aging population? I can certainly see Jesus's love oozing out of every pore with Kelly. :roll:

I just ate about 6oz of chicken thighs for lunch. With a cup of roasted broccoli and a half cup of rice.

I am fo' sho' not cut out to be in in Generation Cedar.

We have brains and we are using them, instead of just hoping for the best.

Unlike Fundies who just have as many as possible without considering if its a good idea.

As a member of that bloated cohort (gotta form an all-senior metal band, because that's a great name), Kelly, I love babies.

I also love children and teens and young adults. And I've spent most of my life helping "Wordly" parents educate their beloved children. Over the years, I've met thousands of families, and have gotten to know dozens very well. I just don't see this baby-hatred you speak of.

I teach private lessons in my students' homes. Often, as I am finishing up a, I can smell a nutritious dinner, that is actually large enough to feed the family, cooking.

Oh, and lest you veer the other way and tsk tsk about spoiled worldly children, they are often doing chores, making tomorrow's healthful lunch, or doing homework before and after their lessons.

Whether you want to believe it or not, Kelly, you live in The World, and are not magically better than this imaginary group you think the rest of us belong to.

As a member of that bloated cohort (gotta form an all-senior metal band, because that's a great name), Kelly, I love babies.

I also love children and teens and young adults. And I've spent most of my life helping "Wordly" parents educate their beloved children. Over the years, I've met thousands of families, and have gotten to know dozens very well. I just don't see this baby-hatred you speak of.

I teach private lessons in my students' homes. Often, as I am finishing up a, I can smell a nutritious dinner, that is actually large enough to feed the family, cooking.

Oh, and lest you veer the other way and tsk tsk about spoiled worldly children, they are often doing chores, making tomorrow's healthful lunch, or doing homework before and after their lessons.

Whether you want to believe it or not, Kelly, you live in The World, and are not magically better than this imaginary group you think the rest of us belong to.

Well, Ms Thoughtful, may I join your band? I am old, and maybe a little bit bloated. My husband is much older and NOT bloated, but we would love to join your band.

I love babies. I go gushy when I see one. I am a Sunday School teacher for kids grade K-3. I mentor kids grades 9-12. I'm a therapist for kids aged 2-18. I am also a family therapist with a goal of children to remain with bio parents whenever possible, but will always make sure a child is safe.

My husband is a teacher and mentor for kids grades 6-12.

I do have to admit that our one child is a bit spoiled when it comes to chores, but Kid Mitten does much to help our community.

It does bug me to be called a baby hater when what I do, and my husband does, is to make opportunities for youth to do well.

So, may we join your band as people who really care about children and youth?

Well, Ms Thoughtful, may I join your band? I am old, and maybe a little bit bloated. My husband is much older and NOT bloated, but we would love to join your band.

I love babies. I go gushy when I see one. I am a Sunday School teacher for kids grade K-3. I mentor kids grades 9-12. I'm a therapist for kids aged 2-18. I am also a family therapist with a goal of children to remain with bio parents whenever possible, but will always make sure a child is safe.

My husband is a teacher and mentor for kids grades 6-12.

I do have to admit that our one child is a bit spoiled when it comes to chores, but Kid Mitten does much to help our community.

It does bug me to be called a baby hater when what I do, and my husband does, is to make opportunities for youth to do well.

So, may we join your band as people who really care about children and youth?

You are in! What's your axe (I call dibs on keyboards)?

Oh, and one need not be bloated oneself -- the bloat refers to the overpopulation of our generation. Maybe we should call the band Baby-lovers of the Bloated Cohort.

Too long?

Or we could make confusing subject/object/modifier stuff our theme, and begin our careers with a cover of this song:

[bBvideo 560,340:2rrurbbh]

[/bBvideo]

:D

I'm a bit young for the Bloated Cohort (only 30, alas) but I can be the doorperson/bouncer. Have my own combat boots and everything. :wink-kitty:

I'm a bit young for the Bloated Cohort (only 30, alas) but I can be the doorperson/bouncer. Have my own combat boots and everything. :wink-kitty:

OK. Just gently set the cats down when you stand up, and come join us!

You are in! What's your axe (I call dibs on keyboards)?

Oh, and one need not be bloated oneself -- the bloat refers to the overpopulation of our generation. Maybe we should call the band Baby-lovers of the Bloated Cohort.

Too long?

Or we could make confusing subject/object/modifier stuff our theme, and begin our careers with a cover of this song:

[bBvideo 560,340:1qxag6e1]

[/bBvideo]

:D

Ok, lost previous response. BUT, my little family loves this song. We are not known for our musical talent, but we can build a OEPE robot. The only music we can make is flatulance. But like little Tracey Partridge, I can play a mean tambourine. Unfortunately, my hair is no longer red and I'm not adorable like her (and do not want to be). Thank you for letting the KittenMitten family join. Wow, we would shock 2 breast.

Archived