IGNORED

19 Kids & Counting - Season 10 - Duggar Snark Part 2

happy atheist

The cut-off to be able to apply for financial aid on your own is 24. My son just went through the whole FASFA thing for school. He got a good deal though, since he's 24, married, 1 kid and BROKE! He got Pell Grants and a scholarship so he isn't borrowing anything for school.

Well if he's married and has a child, it doesn't matter how old he is. He is considered independent. I knew people who seriously contemplated marriage as a way to get better financial aid. Seemed kinda ridiculous but to each their own.

I'm glad your son was able to get grants and scholarships. That's awesome. :D

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So do I. Since the source is Radar, which has an even lower track record of accuracy than the supermarket tabloids, I'm not confident that this is true, but it would be great if it was. In the Creation Museum episode way back when, I noticed that Jana was having some serious cognitive dissonance about creationism. I have felt for a long time that Jana and Josiah both know that the way they live isn't "normal" and maybe even not healthy, and have a difficult time squaring that uncertainty with the black and white worldview they were raised with. I hope they in particular can walk away from Gothardism one day, even if it isn't in the immediate future.

If they could escape together or she could start it out and he follows soon after, that would be amazing. I dont trust radar at all but still hope its true.

One of those comments was something like "lol Jim Bob offering JD a donut! Jim Bob is such a hoot!"

What the hell is so hilarious about offering someone a donut?

Has someone posted that here recently? Just wondering where they got that from because I dont believe it for a minute.

I think they got it from here. People were speculating about Jana escaping recently.

Most of the Twitter comments make me want to :angry-banghead: Especially about JD, lot of women out there wantin' to meet him. Maybe spinoff will be Fundie Bachelor starring JD. lol

One said "I want to court JD! I'm about to be a college graduate!" Sorry, hunnie, but you're already considered ineligible to date court a Duggar. Higher education isn't regarded well in that clan, especially for the wimmin.

One of those comments was something like "lol Jim Bob offering JD a donut! Jim Bob is such a hoot!"

What the hell is so hilarious about offering someone a donut?

… the stereotype that cops like donuts, perhaps?

Ok magazine is reporting it too.

The cover has more garage about prince Harry and Emma Watson. They both denied it so I won't put much stock in their 'source' regarding Jana.

So do I. Since the source is Radar, which has an even lower track record of accuracy than the supermarket tabloids, I'm not confident that this is true, but it would be great if it was. In the Creation Museum episode way back when, I noticed that Jana was having some serious cognitive dissonance about creationism. I have felt for a long time that Jana and Josiah both know that the way they live isn't "normal" and maybe even not healthy, and have a difficult time squaring that uncertainty with the black and white worldview they were raised with. I hope they in particular can walk away from Gothardism one day, even if it isn't in the immediate future.

The creation museum episode was the one that made me love Josiah. He looked like he knew his parents censored things from him. Of course he said they didn't, but he was probably just trying to be "good."

Him buying them could have been a little funny. But he also went on about how much he loves donuts so I think he just wanted them.

But still, that isn't "a hoot." I don't think it deserves more than a little chuckle. And the part they referenced was him offering JD a donut which came off to me just like a normal conversation.

It's not like I expect leghumpers to have a sense of humor anyway lol.

I'd be thrilled if it were true.

I'm not sure I believe that it IS, but I'd be happy for Jana.

Him buying them could have been a little funny. But he also went on about how much he loves donuts so I think he just wanted them.

But still, that isn't "a hoot." I don't think it deserves more than a little chuckle. And the part they referenced was him offering JD a donut which came off to me just like a normal conversation.

It's not like I expect leghumpers to have a sense of humor anyway lol.

He offered it to JD with a laugh. I took that as him making fun of the cop stereotype and trying to being funny, which he can't do no matter how hard he's tries. Buying them isn't funny. Offering it to JD like "hey, you're a cop and cops love donuts so .. you want a donut? haha" is kinda funny. Or at least can be. I thought it was stupid, too, but I understood what he was attempting to do.

Here's what I don't get about Bin needing Jessa's engagement ring to make the wedding band. This same jeweler made the engagement ring so why does he need it back for sizing and everything? He should have all that in his records and know everything about that ring. I'm guessing this was completely staged and bullshit, much like Josh "forgetting" the rings for his own wedding.

I think they got it from here. People were speculating about Jana escaping recently.

Did Radar stumble on one of Grandma Mary's posts again?

I just read the info for the second episode tonight. "Jessa and Ben register for gifts, but Ben is distracted by toys and candy." Bc Bin is a child !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder if this is just a blown-out-of-proportion response to her lack of screen-time. Most here seem to agree that she seems like she prefers to be behind the scenes rather than up front on the show. I wonder if she has really had a good heart-to-heart (or more than one, perhaps?) with her parents about how she feels regarding being on the show. It wouldn't be completely out of the water for her to have some sort of social anxiety or other dislike for attention. I also wonder if this will develop into her getting deeper into something like JTTH, perhaps full-time? Basically the Gothard equivalent of a nun?

LOL at Michelle "getting up every morning to work out".

Your avatar pretty much sums up FJ's collective response that statement :lol:

"Michelle's high school reunion" Part 1

A random cat basks on the TTH veranda. Michelle in her tanned glory tells us that Cindy is coming to visit. They're going to work out and they are best friends forever. Cindy was in her wedding. They see each other twice a year. Cindy knocks and comes in, Michelle doesnt answer the door. They hug and head to "work out." Michelle is wearing a purple T shirt with a black t shirt under it, a black skirt, tights of some sort, and sneakers. She has NOT tied her hair up in any way. Michelle grabs her purse, no visible bottles of water, just a disposable cup, and marches out the door.

Josie and Jordyn TH - people use machines to work out. They demonstrate in the air.

At the gym the popup tells us that Michelle does 4 miles on an eliptical. Cindy likes to go outside but Michelle doesn't. They comment that Michelle is "super mom" because she gets up every morning to work out.

Back at the TTH a howler struggles wtih a very heavy box. It is handed off the Jessa... Theyre HUGE. Jessa says they will gather the kids and address 800 invitations. The wedding planner comes wandering in from the mud area. They have a conference and leave the littles to continue doing the invitations.

Did anyone else feel like Michelle talking about her friend was the most emotion we've seen from her in awhile?

When I watched it I automatically went "woah she still feels things"

Archived