IGNORED

Remember that puppy Erika Shupe got?

ViolaSebastian

The picture of her little girl with the dog is so sad. She's not smiling at all. She already knows he'll be leaving soon :cry:

Exactly. Meanwhile *chucklefuck* is over there grinning like a maniac :angry-banghead:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why the hell don't these people understand the basic concept of "if you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em"????

There's a FUCKING REASON people control their family size...

I've thought about this quite a bit. I think these numpties believe that if their children reach adulthood, that they and Jesus have provided and therefore triumphed. They don't understand the lifelong effects of poor nutrition.

I figured it would be like that if Erika keeps getting them pets and then dumping them when they are too much work. Theres only so many times you can fall in love with a pet in such a short amount of time when they keep getting taken away. At some point, every one of those kids is going to learn never to get too attached to their animals, because they will just be taken away next month, no point bonding with it, as it will just leave. But Erika doesn't care because she is heartless and only cares about her house and the pretty little image she gives her family on the blog.

Agree. Maybe it's her plan to teach her children apathy for all living creatures that aren't or are unable to practice Christianity? I just can't with her. She's a super strain of Fundie, resistant to the strongest dosages of reasoning. MRSA Fundie. :D

This woman's a trip. She posts this stuff to get people riled up intentionally, I swear.

How dare we assume we know what's best for her family? :roll: How dare we assume that maybe what would have been best for her kids is to not get a dog at all, or get an older dog, or a different breed of dog? How dare we assume that these irresponsible temporary arrangements are cruel to both the kids and the dogs?

We're supposed to just blindly believe that everything they do is what's "best for their family." Right. I love how "doing what is best for their family" translates into "fuck off, we're right and you're wrong and we'll do whatever we want" with these people.

Oh hell, prepare yourself for this...

Yes. Thank you. *hugs* I have discovered that animal rescue and dogs in general is one of those topics that people feel very, *very* opinionated and emotional about. Some people feel that you should love anything that walks just as much as anything else that walks no matter it's breed, health, or emotional state, or habits, or abilities to cope with life; and often they don't have young children. So they judge - not considering any of the other factors such as safety, much less preference. Therefore I've not put out there our story about re-homing animals very much; I don't need those comments. And have deleted them when they've come up. I have professional opinions to go from, and my husband's opinion and wisdom, and friends who understand and love us. That's enough. Thank you for your affirmation.

Yes, Erika, I am judging you. One animal rehomed I'd probably be willing to overlook and attribute to a dog with insurmountable emotional/behavioral difficulties that you could not overcome. But two? Come on. And part of our (the "haters") concern is about your young children and the psychological torture you're inflicting on your children with allowing them to get attached and then ripping their pet away from them.

(And I don't use that term lightly. But I had parents that thought it was fine to just sell and rehome animals without telling me, so I remember what it's like to be an animal crazy child and get attached to an animal and have it ripped away from you.)

Exactly. Meanwhile *chucklefuck* is over there grinning like a maniac :angry-banghead:

chucklefuck :lol: :lol: :lol: That is what I will think in place of "Erika" now and forevermore. Or it can be her mafia nickname - Erika "chucklefuck" Shupe.

We have a dog that my children received as a puppy for Christmas one year from family members (with our okay). This dog has grown up to be highly annoying, has recurrent skin allergies, and all sorts of other quirks that get under my skin in a personal way lol. However , she is a patient beast with my children and they love her. So she stays a part of the family. We have never given away a dog once we made the thoughtful decision to get one.

Oh hell, prepare yourself for this...

Yes, Erika, I am judging you. One animal rehomed I'd probably be willing to overlook and attribute to a dog with insurmountable emotional/behavioral difficulties that you could not overcome. But two? Come on. And part of our (the "haters") concern is about your young children and the psychological torture you're inflicting on your children with allowing them to get attached and then ripping their pet away from them.

(And I don't use that term lightly. But I had parents that thought it was fine to just sell and rehome animals without telling me, so I remember what it's like to be an animal crazy child and get attached to an animal and have it ripped away from you.)

I try not to be super judgey about rehoming -- I've even done it when a different home really was better for a pet. But, come on. Two dogs back-to-back, the second being a baby puppy? I mean, I'll admit that I wondered if my first puppy was actually evil (because he bit the crap out of me) -- turned out he was just a puppy, and puppies are little assholes. (Now he's my heart dog! I subsequently forgot about the "asshole" thing and got his little sister, who promptly reminded my why I thought puppies were evil. ;))

At the very, very least, Erika is at fault because she's getting dogs from super crappy breeders -- because she has to have a purebred shi tzu and she has to have a cheap dog, two things which alone are incompatible. Plus, of course, I cannot imagine any reputable dog breeder or animal rescue giving this woman a dog (much less a toy breed in a household with that many kids!!).

A woman who has so many kids she has to cage them probably doesn't need a dog too.

I really hate her.

I could swear that I saw on the Large Families on Purpose Facebook that they were "so blessed by God" or something similar a few months ago when they had found puppy number two. So.... What's God saying to them by making the puppy not work out? Of course, I can't seem to find that post or comment now, so maybe I'm crazy.

I could swear that I saw on the Large Families on Purpose Facebook that they were "so blessed by God" or something similar a few months ago when they had found puppy number two. So.... What's God saying to them by making the puppy not work out? Of course, I can't seem to find that post or comment now, so maybe I'm crazy.

I recall something along those lines. *chucklefuck* likes to scrub, scrub, scrub.

I remember her! I wonder if she had some mental disorder? She also gave away almost all of her kid's, clothing, toys and books in the name of living a minimalist lifestyle. It was like she was overwhelmed by the responsibility of having a large family and wanted to abdicate all decision making.

I don't think you meant to have that comma after kid's. :D

Probably not, but there are days.....

I think that was totally wishful thinking freudian slippage.

• 2 weeks later...

She has such sad eyes. She knows how this story ends, poor kid

Looking at the other pictures, I'm now concerned about that oldest son, too. His bones seem to be protruding a bit, along with that stunted growth. Wish those kids were eating better.

About the girl looking sad... one of the comments says underneath something along the lines of how HAPPY she looks, "look at the grin" or something. SERIOUSLY?? I don't see any grin. Those Shupe kids know how to grin (or at least one of those fake grins that kids do in pictures to be silly) and that is NOT a grin that girl is displaying. She looks really wary. And of course Erika says "yes she can tell he will be our forever puppy" or something.

In a more recent picture, she does she how much she is enjoying this puppy, which she never did with the others. I know it's not indicative of anything, but I can hope...

And I agree about the oldest son looking tiny. He's, what, 12? His nine-year-old sister and eight-year-old brother are the same height. Seriously. Look at the pictures of their trip to a naval base or whatever, with the group shots. There's Karen and Melanie, then the others in a cluster. You can really notice the heights there. I bet the Shupes don't even realise, or if they do, they'll think it's normal/how God created them/that the Lord will make sure everything's OK. He might go through a growth spurt, but the fact that he is currently the same height as his three-years-younger sister and four-years-younger brother should mean something.

What the fuck is that contraption she has her 4 year old daughters locked in?????? That's ridiculous! :evil:

An idiot who shall remain nameless asked:

Erica's reply:

It's like crate training for kids. :angry-banghead: WHO the fuck has nearly a dozen kids on purpose and then doesn't let them roam freely about the house?????

This makes me furious! She definitely is putting her home décor above the development and happiness of her children. What four year old isn't allowed to move around their own home freely?!? Of course, you don't let them loose in the knife drawer or the cleaning supply cabinet; but, for the love of Pete, a four year old should be allowed to wander from room to room and play freely, within reason. A tiny play yard is not "within reason."

As for the date night? What the....? We used to do "at home dates" but it was when the kids were toddlers and preschoolers and we waited until they were in bed and then ordered takeout. One night I looked up from my pizza and saw my little boy peeking around the dining room doorway. I just said "Come sit on my lap and have a piece." And aren't the older girls capable of babysitting? Do Erika and her husband not have confidence in their teenagers enough to leave them for two hours for a nearby date?

These kids are like burdensome accessories to her. Every time I try to catch up on her blog or facebook, I tell myself "Ah...this is why I stay away." She infuriates me.

It certainly would not surprise me if someone like that would end up buying from a backyard breeder who has no clue, but I am puzzled by what exactly the "lies" would be that would change things so much that the dog needed to be rehomed.

I have two dogs that both came from a shelter. I knew very little about either one when I took them home - but yet you learn to work with their quirks and adapt if you love the animal.

I'm pretty sure Erika is just completely mental and just said that the breeder was a liar because she wanted to twist the story to get what she wanted I.E. a new dog. I don't doubt there are some shady breeders out there that I do know of Myself, however, Erika is twisted in that cray cray brain of hers. :cray-cray:

I am sitting here reading this with my Shih tzu beside me chewing herself raw. She has skin issues and feeling grain free food does seem to help. She also has dry eyes so her face tends to get messy. Shih tzus aren't for the faint of heart. They are almost impossible to housebreak and require professional grooming. Chloe doesn't have that lovely Shih tzu coat. She has to be kept in puppy cut.

Any dog that Erika gets would not be good. There is no trouble free breed.

Ah but Erika knows everything, and even suggestions from various amounts of other people who DO know better and ARE dog people, were just trying to help her and she won't listen. :angry-banghead:

I knew it would happen. Erika is too much of a control freak to get a pet. Im surprised she still has the birds (doesn't she?).

The only right pet for Erika is a toy one. I cant think of anything-dog, cat, hamster, rabbit, python, lizard, tarantula, gerbil, mouse or even a fish, that is suitable for a control freak who is obsessed with cleanliness. Every animal imaginable has some "flaw" that would render it unsuitable by Erika's standards. They poop, pee, throw up, steal your food, shed, bite, scratch furniture, chew things, make noise, hump your leg....if you want them to stop the bad behaviours, you need to put effort into training them not to do it. You cant just beat them.

I honestly don't know why she even bothers, she doesn't give a shit about the kids, or her husband, just everything for appearances, and she never thought about her kids attachment to that dog! Pisses Me off. This woman reminds Me of My fundie horrid bitch Sister, who's a neat freak, and can't stand anything to be out of place and has all her little "projects" because she's boring and needs to find things to do since she's done spitting out babies.

It really pisses me off that she's already been through 2 dogs, and is now going to get a 3rd one, and will no doubt get rid of it, too. I can't stand people who treat animals like they're disposable.

Whoa whoa hold the phone, she went through TWO dogs already and this is her THIRD?! I thought she only sent Mocha back?! Holy shit she got rid of that other one too? She IS mental! :pull-hair:

A thought just occurred to me. Erika has recently had the carpet in her house replaced with laminate wood flooring. And now the dog is gone. Hrm.

That makes sense! My husband got a puppy when he was younger and it age through the floors, scraped, shit and pissed and soiled them good, of course puppies will do shit like that, their puppies! :pink-shock:

Whoa whoa hold the phone, she went through TWO dogs already and this is her THIRD?! I thought she only sent Mocha back?! Holy shit she got rid of that other one too? She IS mental! :pull-hair:

Nope, Mocha (the older dog) got rehomed, then Muffin, a puppy, didn't work out and was rehomed. She's on number three, Happy.

Nope, Mocha (the older dog) got rehomed, then Muffin, a puppy, didn't work out and was rehomed. She's on number three, Happy.

They should've named the poor pup "Doomed".

Archived