IGNORED

Remember that puppy Erika Shupe got?

ViolaSebastian

Well, it's been rehomed too.

From her comments section on her facebook page, when asked how the puppy situation was going:

Oh thanks. Well, we had to re-home him because the breeder we got him from lied to us about just about everything about him. Now we're wiser, and have studied up better to not be deceived again, and we're on the puppy hunt, again...

When a reader suggests that she try other breeds of dogs, she's just not getting it:

Thanks, but we love everything about Shih Tzus - their size, appearance, temperaments...I think we'll stick with that.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It certainly would not surprise me if someone like that would end up buying from a backyard breeder who has no clue, but I am puzzled by what exactly the "lies" would be that would change things so much that the dog needed to be rehomed.

I have two dogs that both came from a shelter. I knew very little about either one when I took them home - but yet you learn to work with their quirks and adapt if you love the animal.

I am sitting here reading this with my Shih tzu beside me chewing herself raw. She has skin issues and feeling grain free food does seem to help. She also has dry eyes so her face tends to get messy. Shih tzus aren't for the faint of heart. They are almost impossible to housebreak and require professional grooming. Chloe doesn't have that lovely Shih tzu coat. She has to be kept in puppy cut.

Any dog that Erika gets would not be good. There is no trouble free breed.

My tzu is also kept in a puppy cut due to allergies. She is on a highly restricted diet- grain free kibble is just the beginning of the fun. Her feet are often raw between the paw pads- despite nightly foot soaks. She gets ear infections at least 1x per month. She has a special shampoo and then a medicated rinse that has to be used in attempt to make her less itchy. She takes Zrytec every day and uses Visine Allergy eye drops twice per day.

They aren't easy.

This makes me extremely sad. at least she re homed it and didn't leave it at a shelter. But her sheer disregard to what it means to have animal pisses me off. As the adult you agree to raise the puppy as basically your child. My other thoughts go to the breeders..what kid of clause do they have. Most breeders have strict return policies.

I feel terrible for the dogs in this situation, but I also feel just awful for the kids. They must have gotten really attached to both animals, being kids, and then to have their mother give them away like that? Not good.

WTF???????!!!!!!!!! I thought my previous thread about the first dog getting re-homed had been bumped up (similarly titled), but then noticed this only had 6 posts. Now I just have a major case of deja-vu whiplash.

This. Bitch. :angry-banghead:

I knew it would happen. Erika is too much of a control freak to get a pet. Im surprised she still has the birds (doesn't she?).

The only right pet for Erika is a toy one. I cant think of anything-dog, cat, hamster, rabbit, python, lizard, tarantula, gerbil, mouse or even a fish, that is suitable for a control freak who is obsessed with cleanliness. Every animal imaginable has some "flaw" that would render it unsuitable by Erika's standards. They poop, pee, throw up, steal your food, shed, bite, scratch furniture, chew things, make noise, hump your leg....if you want them to stop the bad behaviours, you need to put effort into training them not to do it. You cant just beat them.

Why do I feel to save a Shih tzu from her I need to contact all breeders in Erika's area and share.

It really pisses me off that she's already been through 2 dogs, and is now going to get a 3rd one, and will no doubt get rid of it, too. I can't stand people who treat animals like they're disposable.

Why do I feel to save a Shih tzu from her I need to contact all breeders in Erika's area and share.

It's been done before. I believe Erika is telling the truth about the latest breeder being disreputable (she indicated wanting a dog for cheap, and no good breeder would sell her a dog in the price range she was asking). However, even if such a breeder had been contacted, they likely would not have listened to/cared about any warnings.

I have 2 mutts that are rescues. They're MY babies! I've dragged them all over the country every time we've moved. Erika does NOT understand that a toy dog takes MORE work than a big dumb mutt (I have 2 so I can say that). The boys are housebroken, one is crate trained, the other is just our sweet old man. They are the sweetest, most loyal pups around.

Erika Shupe...YOU ARE A WORLD CLASS BITCH!

I knew it would happen. Erika is too much of a control freak to get a pet. Im surprised she still has the birds kids (doesn't she?).

ftfy...

WTF???????!!!!!!!!! I thought my previous thread about the first dog getting re-homed had been bumped up (similarly titled), but then noticed this only had 6 posts. Now I just have a major case of deja-vu whiplash.

This. Bitch. :angry-banghead:

So she has given up two dogs for no reason?

This woman is going to end up on a do not adopt list and then she will only be able to go to shitty, sleazy breeders and its going to continue

A thought just occurred to me. Erika has recently had the carpet in her house replaced with laminate wood flooring. And now the dog is gone. Hrm.

Maybe she's waiting for that perfect puppy! Good luck with that!

I wonder if she met an adult dog that was well taken care of and trained and now thinks that she wants a dog like that, thinking that a puppy will just come like that. Training a dog/puppy is not something that you work hard at for a week and say "There, that's done with".

Why is she obsessed with a Shih-tzu? I don't think she realizes how much her control-freak tendencies show in what she posts on FB. She tries to hide it behind this fake veneer of *smile* and whatnot, but it comes through SO strongly.

Why is she obsessed with a Shih-tzu? I don't think she realizes how much her control-freak tendencies show in what she posts on FB. She tries to hide it behind this fake veneer of *smile* and whatnot, but it comes through SO strongly.

Because she values their look over anything that she is told about temperaments of different breeds and what kind of breeds would be best for her family (a plastic one).

A thought just occurred to me. Erika has recently had the carpet in her house replaced with laminate wood flooring. And now the dog is gone. Hrm.

Yep, I think we may have a connection here. :?

How many dogs have they gone through now?

This is number two. But good news, everybody, they're looking for another dog several times a day.

we did buy an adult dog from a dear friend of mine, but when he switched homes (after being with them for 7 years and with their other 2 Shih Tzu's) he developed a lot of separation anxiety that was causing him to injure himself badly. He could never be left alone. Since we couldn't buy another Shih Tzu in this small house, we found another great home for him with another Shih Tzu. Then we got a puppy...who didn't work out. The whole things been heart wrenching. Now we're trying to be patient, but looking online for puppies several times a day...still haven't found our Christmas present Shih Tzu...and we're all pretty sad about it and waiting and waiting to find him..

Didn't she say she rehomed Mocha because he was crapping having potty accidents due to the separation anxiety? I don't remember anything about him hurting himself.

Here's what happened with the puppy, according to Erika:

Well, she lied about the puppy's age; according to our vet puppy was 6 weeks not 8 when we got him. This means that his temperament hadn't really formed yet, so he was not the docile little guy we thought - he was actually really feisty and aggressive - which didn't fit our family at all. But he also did not have the training from his mama dog that he should have had on training that aggression, being taken from her too early, and we believe was actually puppy milled so probably way, way too early from mama. The breeder we bought him from changed her phone number the very next day after we got him; she disappeared. Also, puppy's parent's weren't 8-10 pounds (whom she wouldn't let us see), they must have been a lot bigger because as puppy was growing we could see from growth charts that he was going to be more like an 18 pound dog, not a 9 pound one like we thought. This is pretty much like a totally different breed - radically different in size. So... it wasn't the right fit, and not what we desire in a doggie. We found him a great, loving home with a very nice retired couple who had another shih tzu as well where Muffin will be very happy. And we're looking diligently again for our puppy..

Erika, let me give you a hint. You've had to rehome two dogs. The common denominator in both of these situations is YOU.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't male Shih Tzus SUPPOSED to be like 15-18 pounds? Or am I confusing them with Lhasa Apsos (they look the same to me)?

Where did she BUY this discount dog, whose seller changed her number the very next day? I assumed she'd gone to some puppy mill-tastic pet store.

Newsflash: puppies are mouthy and chew. Also, your puppy is GOING TO GROW UP. ESPECIALLY MALES. ESPECIALLY AS THEY MATURE SEXUALLY. EVEN WHEN NEUTERED. When my Lab turned about a year, he got more territorial. He is still a total sweetheart and generally fine with other dogs, but he will puff up his fur and establish dominance with other adult males when he's sharing a yard or on his leash.

I have an 8 pound mutt, in addition to my lab. She is fully housetrained. Even so, she needs to go out every few hours, or she will have an accident. Any dog under 10 pounds or so is going to need this.

Frankly, those dogs probably dodged a bullet being rehomed. But, can you imagine the poor kids? I kind of hate her more than usual today.

Archived