IGNORED

Remember that puppy Erika Shupe got?

ViolaSebastian

I am somewhat concerned about the oldest boy too, because he is tiny for his age and doesn't seem to grow, his little siblings are catching him up! I presume she gets medical care because she did a post once on how she managed to take them all to the doctor for check ups...so surely someone has questioned this and found that he is just small, but the food they eat is not good for a small child. It is healthy, but too healthy, kids need fat to grow.

And seriously? Erika and her husband order themselves some food, and while they are eating it, the kids get snack food instead of a proper meal???? If I want to order a pizza or something, I have to wait til they are at their dads, or accept that I am going to need to buy enough for all of the kids.

To the bolded: On the blog she's mentioned that they go to a naturopath. Maybe they're seeing a real doctor now, but I'd be surprised.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone remember The Lazy Organizer? (She doesn't seem to have an online presence anymore.) She used to feed her kids things like steamed potatoes and plain salads, claiming that's all they needed because they could get plenty of nutrition from eating lots of vegetables, "the way cows do." Idiot was apparently unaware that cows metabolize cellulose, but human beings CAN'T.

Is it just me or does she win the award for "Fundie I'm most likely to call CPS on."

I don't know - I think 'd be more likely to call CPS on the Rodrigues parents (if I was in the U.S.), and maybe even Zsucifer and the PP, given his penchant for belting his children and teaching them to be hateful.

NellieBell - I'm in Australia, which is why I thought that maybe our laminate floorboards may be different to what you have. I've never heard of anyone over here have any trouble. They don't scratch, or mark either. They're awesome with pets - we have an aged lab who is inside most of the time, and there's never a mark on the floor from her claws.

We had laminate in my old house...in the kitchen. Dog piddle, slobbery dogs, mud, rain, snow, didn't matter. My husband put it in and glued between the boards. It DID get ruined when a pipe broke and got wet from underneath. The insurance replaced it no sweat and the new floor did just as well as the old floor.

To the bolded: On the blog she's mentioned that they go to a naturopath. Maybe they're seeing a real doctor now, but I'd be surprised.

So maybe not then :( Maybe that was what she was talking about.

Oh, look, they got ANOTHER frickin' Shi Tzu puppy. Bets on how long that one will last?

I just came here to mention this!! Cannot believe that woman. I left a snarky comment, but I'm sure she'll delete it quickly. That poor pup.

I just came here to mention this!! Cannot believe that woman. I left a snarky comment, but I'm sure she'll delete it quickly. That poor pup.

Son of a...restart the rehoming countdown clock.

LOL. She's already said that "critical and judgmental" comments will be deleted. Because they know what's best for their family. Riiiight.

LOL. She's already said that "critical and judgmental" comments will be deleted. Because they know what's best for their family. Riiiight.

What's best for their family (and by family, I really mean Erika, since she seems to think that she and her kids are a borg collective) is not. getting. a. damn. puppy.

She has had three dogs this year and it is only February. She should not be allowed another.

I feel for the kids, they got attached to the other dogs, and then Erika snatches it away from them and they never see it again. Like she probably will with this one.

Most of the bloggers we discuss here have at least one thing that I don't hate. But this person and her family are just the worst combination of boring and annoying. Erica is a combination of my most disliked traits - hyper consumerism while pretending she isn't - animals are disposable - stupid *smile* bullshit. And I think she is very unattractive. Which I don't say very often about anyone.

So Erika's going to delete critical comments? How? I've found that Erika's not all that great at sussing out snarky comments. Sarcasm and dry humor go right over her head. I've posted snarky stuff before and it didn't even remotely register with her.

Maybe this makes me a nasty person, but I, for one, cannot wait to see Happy ruin those laminate floors.

Craigslist or Hoobly - no one responsible would sell to her, clearly, and her cheapness means she's going to be buying from real bottom-of-the-barrel breeders even BEYOND everything else.

The picture of her little girl with the dog is so sad. She's not smiling at all. She already knows he'll be leaving soon :cry:

She has such sad eyes. She knows how this story ends, poor kid

Looking at the other pictures, I'm now concerned about that oldest son, too. His bones seem to be protruding a bit, along with that stunted growth. Wish those kids were eating better.

Why the hell don't these people understand the basic concept of "if you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em"????

There's a FUCKING REASON people control their family size...

She has such sad eyes. She knows how this story ends, poor kid

Looking at the other pictures, I'm now concerned about that oldest son, too. His bones seem to be protruding a bit, along with that stunted growth. Wish those kids were eating better.

I figured it would be like that if Erika keeps getting them pets and then dumping them when they are too much work. Theres only so many times you can fall in love with a pet in such a short amount of time when they keep getting taken away. At some point, every one of those kids is going to learn never to get too attached to their animals, because they will just be taken away next month, no point bonding with it, as it will just leave. But Erika doesn't care because she is heartless and only cares about her house and the pretty little image she gives her family on the blog.

Does anyone remember The Lazy Organizer? (She doesn't seem to have an online presence anymore.) She used to feed her kids things like steamed potatoes and plain salads, claiming that's all they needed because they could get plenty of nutrition from eating lots of vegetables, "the way cows do." Idiot was apparently unaware that cows metabolize cellulose, but human beings CAN'T.

I remember her! I wonder if she had some mental disorder? She also gave away almost all of her kid's, clothing, toys and books in the name of living a minimalist lifestyle. It was like she was overwhelmed by the responsibility of having a large family and wanted to abdicate all decision making.

I have always wondered what happened to the Lazy Organizer. Didn't she go on the road traveling?

As for Erika, poor puppy and poor children. It is just a matter of time till this one gets given away too. Erika is just an all around bad human.

Archived