IGNORED

Josie had seizure for 15 mins before EMT arrive- People Mag

quiversR4hunting

OH my god, it's just in Mexico, they are not going to rural congo :angry-banghead:

That's why I asked. I don't know where Guadalajara is. And I can't really take time to google it a work. Chill.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would the Duggars do? Josie certainly does not have this seizure disorder, however my son did. I have no idea why Josie has seizures and I truly hope only the best outcome for this kid.

Would they deny their child medically grown cannabis if it helped her? I am guessing yes.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/07/health/ch ... marijuana/

They won't need medical cannabis. It's not even close to be a front line treatment for epilepsy. It's a last resort treatment for severe seizure disorders that don't respond to conventional medications. Children seizing all day , every day and a poor quality of life.Luckily for Josie, that doesn't seem to be her case. If your interested , have you heard of epidiolex? It's also being tested currently, a cannabis derived epilepsy drug that is on the works. My daughter has a seizure disorder as well so I'm always trying to stay current on what's newer and better.

I would like that medical pot would be a last resort considering it's illegal in most states.... I could be wrong. I have seen many people give testimonials on TV regarding the benefits.

I am looking forward to the day that Josie looks healthy and physically changes out of her baby-like state.

I would like that medical pot would be a last resort considering it's illegal in most states.... I could be wrong. I have seen many people give testimonials on TV regarding the benefits.

I am looking forward to the day that Josie looks healthy and physically changes out of her baby-like state.

Medical Cannibis is legal in almost half the states. Including some of the the most populated.

I'm not sure why it would be a last resort medication. But Josie doesn't appear, from what we know, to be on any kind of on- going medication in any case.

Medical Cannibis is legal in almost half the states. Including some of the the most populated.

I'm not sure why it would be a last resort medication. But Josie doesn't appear, from what we know, to be on any kind of on- going medication in any case.

It's also legal recreationally in a a few states as well. I can also tell you first hand - and second hand as well - that it does work for a variety of things. I would much rather grow my own medicine where I can control it and known that it is in fact true and organic.

But Josie is no where near that stage. If she had a true and serious medical condition, they would be milking it for all it's worth. They would be touting her out for People and whatever media organization will pay attention to them. We'd hear "all life is precious, even when X-diagnoses is involved" all over the place. They would outdo Sarah Palin in her parade of "look at my I-didn't-have-an-abortion-baby". Josie may very well have a minor medical condition, and given the length of this seizure (or at least the appeared length) and the fact that we know this isn't her first one, I would venture to say she probably does. But even so, it's likely treatable with pills, like the ones J'chelle has been seen carrying around lately when she's around lately, especially around Josie.

Did Michele and Jim Bob go to Guadalajara or are they planning on going?

They already went with Josie and probably other Duggar kids (as well as the Bates parents and some of the Bates kids)

It's also legal recreationally in a a few states as well. I can also tell you first hand - and second hand as well - that it does work for a variety of things. I would much rather grow my own medicine where I can control it and known that it is in fact true and organic.

But Josie is no where near that stage. If she had a true and serious medical condition, they would be milking it for all it's worth. They would be touting her out for People and whatever media organization will pay attention to them. We'd hear "all life is precious, even when X-diagnoses is involved" all over the place. They would outdo Sarah Palin in her parade of "look at my I-didn't-have-an-abortion-baby". Josie may very well have a minor medical condition, and given the length of this seizure (or at least the appeared length) and the fact that we know this isn't her first one, I would venture to say she probably does. But even so, it's likely treatable with pills, like the ones J'chelle has been seen carrying around lately when she's around lately, especially around Josie.

I agree that medical marijuana can be very effective, I know many people who have had a great deal of success for a variety of issues.

As to Josie, I think the Duggar's are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If she does have medical problems and they don't publically talk about it they are accused of covering up and being in denial and not getting her help. And that they are hiding problems so she makes a better " miracle" prop for their anti- abortion agenda. If she has medical or developmental challenges and they DO talk about it -- well they would be accused of everything you just said.

In either case. a baby born at 25 weeks has a better than 50% chance of having either no, or only a minor, long term health challenge or disability. That's really good odds if you think about it. Such a huge improvement over even 15 or 20 years ago.

Josie still does have a preemie " look" , but I think a lot of that is that some of the other Duggar siblings have that same face type, plus she has the very fine, wispy curls some little girls have, which make her look younger. And is very petite - which some of the women in her family are - but not her closest in age siblings. It's the combination of all those things that I think make her look extra " preemie"

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
My youngest daughter was full- term, and didn't have that face type. But had fine- wispy sparse curls, was extremely petite and had huge brown eyes and small features. The combination made her look much, much younger than her age. She'd be three or four and people would be shocked when she'd start talking to them, because she looked so babyish.

They already went with Josie and probably other Duggar kids (as well as the Bates parents and some of the Bates kids)

I live near the IBLP guadalajara training center, which is really just a large house in a high end gated subdivision and not really in Guadalajara. Aren't they involved in IBLP but try to pretend they aren't , or something like that? Why did they go to Guadalajara?

BTW there is excellent medical care here.

I agree that medical marijuana can be very effective, I know many people who have had a great deal of success for a variety of issues.

As to Josie, I think the Duggar's are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If she does have medical problems and they don't publically talk about it they are accused of covering up and being in denial and not getting her help. And that they are hiding problems so she makes a better " miracle" prop for their anti- abortion agenda. If she has medical or developmental challenges and they DO talk about it -- well they would be accused of everything you just said.

In either case. a baby born at 25 weeks has a better than 50% chance of having either no, or only a minor, long term health challenge or disability. That's really good odds if you think about it. Such a huge improvement over even 15 or 20 years ago.

Josie still does have a preemie " look" , but I think a lot of that is that some of the other Duggar siblings have that same face type, plus she has the very fine, wispy curls some little girls have, which make her look younger. And is very petite - which some of the women in her family are - but not her closest in age siblings. It's the combination of all those things that I think make her look extra " preemie"

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
My youngest daughter was full- term, and didn't have that face type. But had fine- wispy sparse curls, was extremely petite and had huge brown eyes and small features. The combination made her look much, much younger than her age. She'd be three or four and people would be shocked when she'd start talking to them, because she looked so babyish.

I think you're mostly correct with your assessment that they're damned if they do and dammed if they don't. If she does have a problem, they could simply say "Josie is suffering from X-diagnoses. We have sought medical care and she is being treated and care for by medical professionals, but for her privacy, we have chosen to keep it off the show. We ask that you also respect her privacy in this time." And that would be that. But that will never happen.

I can respect them not discussing her issues (if she has any) at length. Especially developmental concerns. She very well may be getting some occupational therapy or other help but they aren't comfortable putting her all out there. I know they show everything but this is just different. Kids at the dentist or getting hurt is not the same as publicizing your child's developmental delays.

I can respect them not discussing her issues (if she has any) at length. Especially developmental concerns. She very well may be getting some occupational therapy or other help but they aren't comfortable putting her all out there. I know they show everything but this is just different. Kids at the dentist or getting hurt is not the same as publicizing your child's developmental delays.

I find this extremely hard to be the case as they have never felt a need not to exploit their kids. I can think of endless medical procedures and the emotions that go with them being used as a central theme of many of the episodes.

Now I can definitely buy into it if they are that batshit crazy enough to keep "Little Baby Josie" up on her pedestal so that they can use her as a prop in the anti-abortion fight. I am doubting this now that her seizure is going to be featured on the show. I am sure we'll hear about any other medical challenges she has during this episode.

I find this extremely hard to be the case as they have never felt a need not to exploit their kids. I can think of endless medical procedures and the emotions that go with them being used as a central theme of many of the episodes.

Now I can definitely buy into it if they are that batshit crazy enough to keep "Little Baby Josie" up on her pedestal so that they can use her as a prop in the anti-abortion fight. I am doubting this now that her seizure is going to be featured on the show. I am sure we'll hear about any other medical challenges she has during this episode.

I don't at all get how she's a pro- life prop for being a " miracle" ? I mean I know they promote her in anti- abortion speeches, but I don't get the " miracle " part? Wouldn't the smarter, more effective, strategy be to point out that most preemies born at her gestation survive? Not act like it's rare? :?

Yes, I know, abortions that late in the pregnancy are extremely rare and almost exclusively due to the fetus having a condition that is incompatible with life. My point is that from a marketing standpoint -- you'd think they would want to hilight advanced that have made micro- preemie survival the norm - not the exception.

"Wouldn't the smarter, more effective, strategy be to point out that most preemies born at her gestation survive? Not act like it's rare? "

I did not know this! Seriously.

I don't at all get how she's a pro- life prop for being a " miracle" ? I mean I know they promote her in anti- abortion speeches, but I don't get the " miracle " part? Wouldn't the smarter, more effective, strategy be to point out that most preemies born at her gestation survive? Not act like it's rare? :?

Yes, I know, abortions that late in the pregnancy are extremely rare and almost exclusively due to the fetus having a condition that is incompatible with life. My point is that from a marketing standpoint -- you'd think they would want to hilight advanced that have made micro- preemie survival the norm - not the exception.

Bc someone somewhere had an abortion of a perfectly healthy fetus at the same gestational age at which Josie was born, and they have to prove to everyone that Josie survived and fine. The truth is, there are people who have/would have elected to terminate in J'chelle's position. And had Josie been born a week earlier, when J'chelle originally went into the hospital, it's quite possible she would not have survived. Josie was saved from abortion bc someone else in that situation would have chosen to not fight to keep her alive. :roll:

Which is what really pisses me off about those stupid "I survived Roe v Wade" shirts. None of the people wearing those shirts "survived" anything bc they were never "at risk" for abortion. Their mothers were never going to have one so there was absolutely no chance of them "becoming a victim of abortion". Therefore they never "survived" it. That's like me, someone who has never had an STD, wearing a shirt that says "I survived AIDS but AIDS will NOT survive me!"

They won't need medical cannabis. It's not even close to be a front line treatment for epilepsy. It's a last resort treatment for severe seizure disorders that don't respond to conventional medications. Children seizing all day , every day and a poor quality of life.Luckily for Josie, that doesn't seem to be her case. If your interested , have you heard of epidiolex? It's also being tested currently, a cannabis derived epilepsy drug that is on the works. My daughter has a seizure disorder as well so I'm always trying to stay current on what's newer and better.

Never had the chance, my son died due to a seizure when he was 11 about 10 years ago. He had Dravet's syndrome. A specific cannibus has been PROVEN to help these kids, yet of course it becomes political. How dare anyone block helping a child based on fear of pot?

I know the Duggars don't have to face this, but what if they did? They would let her & my son die.

Here is a link to a CNN that covers this further without my emotions.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/07/health/ch ... marijuana/

Have the Duggars ever said they are against medical marijuana? I am honestly asking because I don't know, but I have never seen or heard any indication that they are against it. It's certainly something that makes no sense to me. Most prescription medications can (and have been) abused if someone wants to bad enough. Cocaine is used medically and no one bats an eye. Why is it even a question if it should be allowed medically or not?

Bc someone somewhere had an abortion of a perfectly healthy fetus at the same gestational age at which Josie was born, and they have to prove to everyone that Josie survived and fine. The truth is, there are people who have/would have elected to terminate in J'chelle's position. And had Josie been born a week earlier, when J'chelle originally went into the hospital, it's quite possible she would not have survived. Josie was saved from abortion bc someone else in that situation would have chosen to not fight to keep her alive. :roll:

Which is what really pisses me off about those stupid "I survived Roe v Wade" shirts. None of the people wearing those shirts "survived" anything bc they were never "at risk" for abortion. Their mothers were never going to have one so there was absolutely no chance of them "becoming a victim of abortion". Therefore they never "survived" it. That's like me, someone who has never had an STD, wearing a shirt that says "I survived AIDS but AIDS will NOT survive me!"

But that's my point. How is it more effective to say she's a " miracle" because she survived at that point? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to say something like " this is our daughter Josie. Due to a medical emergency she had to be delivered at 25 weeks gestation. It was very scary and rough. Because of progress in health care care most children like her survive and have little or no permanent issues. Yet abortion is legal at 25 weeks gestation in many places" I just don't get how going on about how rare and miraculous it is that she survived is making their case?

TeaELsee I'm so, so sorry about your son. I have no idea what the Duggar's position on medical marijuana is, but I think it's horrible that something that can save lives is withheld from treatment. And, in my opinion, the only real reason is that it can't be trademarked and monopolized by a corporation.

"Wouldn't the smarter, more effective, strategy be to point out that most preemies born at her gestation survive? Not act like it's rare? "

I did not know this! Seriously.

Josie was a 25 weeker right? Read a blog about 25 weekers, it is NOT an easy road. Some have MAJOR complications if they live. And their chances of survival are NOWHERE near a given. I have a friend who had a 24 weeker (different obviously) and he only lived a month.

Josie was a 25 weeker right? Read a blog about 25 weekers, it is NOT an easy road. Some have MAJOR complications if they live. And their chances of survival are NOWHERE near a given. I have a friend who had a 24 weeker (different obviously) and he only lived a month.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that it was at all easy to have a preemie that early. Or that there aren't major obstacles and risks of permanent disability or death. Or that the first months and years aren't incredibly stressful and a minefield. But statistically, most 25 weekers do survive, and most don't have major long term issues. Major advancements in the last few years seem to be putting 22 and 23 weekers closer to the "miracle" category. In that in very,very rare instances they might survive without major disabilities.

my son was just one kid out of many that should be an inspiration to help other children. We should be pushing & funding science & medication forward. Not just for profit, but to improve the quality of life.

The Duggars certainly must be against stem cell research due to their ignorance. Can you imagine them supporting medical marajuana?

This extreme tunnel vision or myopic belief system holds back science, possible future cures or relief for all of us.

I just don't get it. Welcome to extreme capitalism.

Archived