IGNORED

Alyssa Bates/Webster is wearing PANTS!!

jinseng

In the comments one of them appears to say that they are sisters. I'm fairly face-blind so I would have thought they were the same person, or at least twins (though adult twins don't usually dress alike, but maybe that's a fundie thing)

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in the deep south too. If I were Alyssa, I'd be returning to skirts pronto. They're way breezier. I don't even wear pants, but even if I did, you couldn't pay me to wear them in the summer.

In the comments one of them appears to say that they are sisters. I'm fairly face-blind so I would have thought they were the same person, or at least twins (though adult twins don't usually dress alike, but maybe that's a fundie thing)

They are sisters and looking at their IG accounts, they love matching dressing.

One of them is studying nursery in University (UTA), is this a normal university? It's good that Alyssa has friends with real education.

One of them is not white-skin. I thought Bates were racist (I'm not sure), well at least ALyssa isn't.

Do the Websters study in college?

I live in the deep south too. If I were Alyssa, I'd be returning to skirts pronto. They're way breezier. I don't even wear pants, but even if I did, you couldn't pay me to wear them in the summer.

If you've been forced to wear long skirts for 18 years, I understand wearing jeans no matter the heat.

They are sisters and looking at their IG accounts, they love matching dressing.

One of them is studying nursery in University (UTA), is this a normal university? It's good that Alyssa has friends with real education.

One of them is not white-skin. I thought Bates were racist (I'm not sure), well at least ALyssa isn't.

Do the Websters study in college?

I'm guessing that's the The University of Texas at Arlington, which is a huge public school.

It's funny. I always learned that it wasn't my business what other people did in their own bedrooms. All that brainspace he could be spendin' on Jesus, the Lord, and what a filthy sinner he is (but a saint compared to all the other heathens whom he should also be praying for), and he's wasting it on thinking about men with other men and women with other women.

That makes sense to me!

They are homophobe but I can see Alyssa happily go shopping with a gay friend. I know it's not going to happen. Just think it could happen if Alyssa lived in an open social circle.

I don't see Alyssa hateful.

• 5 weeks later...

i really love alyssa's style. for someone who has been cooped up in fundie frumpers all her life, she sure knows how to put together a cute outfit.

post-6504-14452000589665_thumb.jpg

Sleeveless top AND jeans! But she's still planting huge flowers on her daughter's head - she hasn't totally forgotten her fundie fashion sense.

I'm having a baby girl in 10 days and I've actually bought her a big flower headband as a bit of a joke after seeing all these fundie infants with them. I'll refrain from putting it on her within hours of birth Jill Rodrigues style though.

Sleeveless top AND jeans! But she's still planting huge flowers on her daughter's head - she hasn't totally forgotten her fundie fashion sense.

I'm having a baby girl in 10 days and I've actually bought her a big flower headband as a bit of a joke after seeing all these fundie infants with them. I'll refrain from putting it on her within hours of birth Jill Rodrigues style though.

My four year old loves wearing big flower headbands. You might find that once she is old enough to state her opinion on fashion, you have to let her wear stuff you would prefer her not to.

i think it has more to do with the fact alyssa is from the south and less to do with the fact she's fundie. i'm from australia and lots of little baby girls wear headbands.... not fundie, at all.

My four year old loves wearing big flower headbands. You might find that once she is old enough to state her opinion on fashion, you have to let her wear stuff you would prefer her not to.

Oh I know........ I also have an 11 year old daughter.

Yeah but she is taking advantage of going sleeveless, and for all we know she's at the beach in *gasp* actual bathing suits! Maybe even tankinis or bikinis!

I don't think flowers or bows are any indication of being fundie I bought my daughter tons of sparkly bows and flower headbands and her coming home outfit includes a big pink bow and we aren't fundie in the slightest I just think they look cute.

I don't think flowers or bows are any indication of being fundie I bought my daughter tons of sparkly bows and flower headbands and her coming home outfit includes a big pink bow and we aren't fundie in the slightest I just think they look cute.

I make bows and headbands, and I'm definitely not fundie. I'm not anything. I think the only time headbands and bows and such are a problem are when they are placed so they're getting in the child's face. It's a hair accessory, not a blindfold.

There's one pic of Allie Jane where the flower is almost bigger than her head, but in the one posted above I think it's fine.

Just stay away from the Josie Duggar fake pigtails please.

They are homophobe but I can see Alyssa happily go shopping with a gay friend. I know it's not going to happen. Just think it could happen if Alyssa lived in an open social circle.

I don't see Alyssa hateful.

I really doubt Alyssa is the person you think she is.

Homophobia is hateful.

I think Alyssa looks far older

than her chronological age...it's probably purposeful.

Her hair, her choice.

She looks so much like Kelly with the brown hair. The resemblance is way more pronounced.

Was her hair coloured before? I remember Erin's hair being described as natural blonde, and I know my own hair gets chunky blonde highlights in the sun. Why am I even writing this, what difference does it make to me if her hair is dyed or not?

Was her hair coloured before? I remember Erin's hair being described as natural blonde, and I know my own hair gets chunky blonde highlights in the sun. Why am I even writing this, what difference does it make to me if her hair is dyed or not?

Because it is a snark board & we like to discuss people we've never met? :D

I think she has said before that she (and other Bates wimmin, like Erin) has highlighted her hair.

What would really be interesting would be Alyssa chopping her hair off. Short hair makes Bill Gothard cry, because gender ambiguity and all.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived