IGNORED

Alyssa Bates/Webster is wearing PANTS!!

jinseng

In fundieland which is worse: long hair that's an unnatural colour like hot pink or sky blue, or short hair?

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she looks like Famy.

I just checked her Instagram and Allie has pants on too. Even the littlest of duggar girls had a skirt over leggings when they were her age and out of the all in one suits.

Wow I really love Alyssa's dress on her most recent instagram picture!

To make this post semi-relevant, if her intention is to look more mainstream to draw more people into Gothardism, she's doing a great job. If her intention is to look great and be herself she is also doing a great job.

About the hair, i think Alyssa is not a natural blonde anyway. There is photos of her as a teen and she clearly has brown hair. So maybe she was tired of having to dye it blonde all the time. And she is not the only one in the family, Whitney also dyes her hair.

• 3 weeks later...
So what do y'all think of new brunette Alyssa?

I think she looks way better with dark hair!

And based on her photos as a teen, her real hair color is darkish brown with some natural highlights

Alyssa's dress is beautiful today and a wonderful, attractive length.

On her instagram someone asked about her natural hair and she said it's "dirty blond."

I never thought I'd say this, but with each passing Duggar-day, the Bates's are looking increasingly healthy and normal.

Alyssa's dress is beautiful today and a wonderful, attractive length.

On her instagram someone asked about her natural hair and she said it's "dirty blond."

I never thought I'd say this, but with each passing Duggar-day, the Bates's are looking increasingly healthy and normal.

Lol, Alyssa is a brunette... she clearly had natural brown hair, i don't understand why people looooove to say they have dirty blond hair cause saying it's brown is bad?? Idk

Erin have dirty blond hair or something like that, she highlights her hair but is obviously light.

Lol, Alyssa is a brunette... she clearly had natural brown hair, i don't understand why people looooove to say they have dirty blond hair cause saying it's brown is bad?? Idk

Erin have dirty blond hair or something like that, she highlights her hair but is obviously light.

The only thing that comes up to my mind when I hear about dirty blonde hair is my former friend with blonde hair who did not wash it regularly :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had an inkling that Alyssa may be pregnant for a little bit and this picture does nothing to disprove my theory.

image.jpeg

If that picture isn't a pregnancy announcement then they are just fucking with us.

Even her face looks fuller (though I may be imagining it)

I don't know if that picture screams "pregnant" to me -- it's sort of an inevitable pose for handsy couples. I'd be surprised if she's pregnant again so soon... definitely expect her to be spacing. 

I don't know if that picture screams "pregnant" to me -- it's sort of an inevitable pose for handsy couples. I'd be surprised if she's pregnant again so soon... definitely expect her to be spacing. 

I almost expect her to knock a couple out fairly quick and then just not know what happened and why God hasn't been blessing them with more children.

Does anyone else feel a ping of joy seeing a Bates/fundie in pants?? 

1. Love your profile picture. 

2. Yess, I would scream out from joy if Jessa was suddenly wearing some cute skinny jeans post little Seaweed.

I just saw Alyssa an hour ago, coming out of the Library of Congress cafeteria w/a bunch of other Websters (her father in law is showing family around Capitol Hill today).  She is freaking tiny, and John is sooo tall. She was wearing cute skinny khakis, boots & a sweater. She certainly didn't look pregnant to me.  They were heading to a Smithsonian Museum next. [sorry, no picture--can't do that when I am at work]

Actually, I stand corrected-- Alyssa isn't wearing khakis--they are more like greyish jeans with zippers. She just posted a pic of her, John & Allie Jane in the basement level of the Library of Congress. 

By the way, I think the camera ages her. Up close, she looks like the 20 year old that she is. I could even believe 18.

Thanks for the report, HereticHick! To be fair, it would be pretty hard to tell if she was pregnant in that sweater. I'm not saying she is, just that it would be pretty easy to hide a small bump if she were.

Someone commented asking Alyssa where she got her shoes and Alyssa replied back. I find it interesting that she said "dating" and not 'courting'.

image.jpeg

She also called John her boyfriend while they were dating. I think the Bateses tend to say 'dating with a purpose' now instead of courtship, anyway.

Yes, I know she called him her boyfriend and they say that it is dating with a purpose, but I have never heard them say, in hindsight, that their courtship was anything but that. A courtship. Which it definitely was, but I found it interesting Alyssa would say dating. I don't care what you all say, she's moving towards a more mainstream life. She may be still very religious (don't have any evidence that she's not! She keeps her personal religious views very quiet), but I wouldn't be surprised if she does limit her family size at least. She doesn't strike me as someone who would want any more kids than the average family.

Tori referred to Brandon as Michael's boyfriend. I don't think this is a Bates thing, but a way to make courtship sound more palatable to the masses and to lure new people in.

I don't quite know what other word I would use if I were courting with a guy,  other than "beau" (which doesn't sound odd where I'm from in the South, but might to others).  It takes far too long to say "the fine Christian young man that is courting me."

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived