IGNORED

Duggar Christmas Card

artdecades

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's totally a replace-a-face job and very very badly done! Same with the girl in front of her (Jenny?). This isn't a hard skill to match up and blend - some feathering, reduce the opacity so you can get the location right, and use a really soft eraser to get lines/body parts/edges to match. I do it ALLLLLL the time and people never know. And Josiah's face/head is clearly too small in proportion to Jessa.

Apparently TLC needs someone to edit photos. I have no formal training, other than some work in a studio retouching senior pictures and event pictures (like for dance recitals) and I blow these yahoos out of the water. Think they pay well? :lol:

I'm actually more PO'd about the bad grammar than anything. It should be:

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

Comma, people! Comma!

It's totally a replace-a-face job and very very badly done! Same with the girl in front of her (Jenny?). This isn't a hard skill to match up and blend - some feathering, reduce the opacity so you can get the location right, and use a really soft eraser to get lines/body parts/edges to match. I do it ALLLLLL the time and people never know. And Josiah's face/head is clearly too small in proportion to Jessa.

Apparently TLC needs someone to edit photos. I have no formal training, other than some work in a studio retouching senior pictures and event pictures (like for dance recitals) and I blow these yahoos out of the water. Think they pay well? :lol:

Hi I'm new, :)

This picture bugs me on so many levels, I understand the need for fusing multiple pictures together but this should have been thought out better well in advance. They could have done Married Couples,Grandma Duggar, Older/Taller in Back with younger Kids infront and pre-planned who was going to sit where. They Could have even had Jinger help with that with her love of photography!

They don't have the best education. I am in no way saying that there is anything wrong with Home schooling, because there isn't; however what the Duggars call homeschooling sounds like a pile of rubbish.

I like to think of it as homefooling rather than homeschooling

Hi I'm new, :)

This picture bugs me on so many levels, I understand the need for fusing multiple pictures together but this should have been thought out better well in advance. They could have done Married Couples,Grandma Duggar, Older/Taller in Back with younger Kids infront and pre-planned who was going to sit where. They Could have even had Jinger help with that with her love of photography!

I don't really see anything wrong with the way the youngest kids look in this picture because it is an exxxtrrreeeemmmmlly casual family photo taken by TLC for promotional reasons. It's the fact they then used this photo for their official Xmas card that I think is what's making it look so off and unprofessional and why the kids look shrubby and disheveled. I'm sure it's difficult to get everyone together for a photo op, especially with three separate families now, one that lives out of state, and one adult son who seems to be constantly banished to Got-hard brainwashing camp BUT you would think for an official Xmas card they would have at least tried. I mean, look at the family photo the Bateses have on their website. It's lovely, everyone looks very nice, and they were able to get their two youngest toddlers to hold still for a couple of snapshots, in nicer, dressier clothing too! The picture is fine, just a bit too casual for something that's generally seen as more formal, like a Xmas card. I don't know why they didn't take some new family shots when everyone was together for Jessa and BoyBen's wedding, or maybe they did and those shots turned out even worse, heh.

This is their FRICKIN JOB. Their entire LIFE revolves around TLC. I imagine they actually do time life events for max TV exposure.

There is no excuse to not have a beautifully done picture but then again, this is the kind of family where barefoot in a church building at your own wedding is acceptable. No grace, style, or class.

Say what you will about the Kardashians but they have put out some banging Christmas photos. Duggars could learn a thing or two or three from Kim and Kompany.

I know I am just echoing everyone else but I don't understand this "group" photo at all. If they are shooting the thing in groups and mashing them together than that just makes it easier to dress everyone up in some sort of coherent look. I don't get the reason for grabbing the children and not redressing or grooming them. Everybody grooms their kids for Christmas pictures. They don't have to wear the same thing or even the same colors but at least there should be an attempt to show this is not some random group of strangers grabbed off the street.

I love the line picture because I'll bet Joshie got a big fat surprise when he saw the final layout. There he was in his rightful place smugly leading the line and then-- whammo!--Jill and Derek are pasted right in front of him. That's got to burn.

I know I am just echoing everyone else but I don't understand this "group" photo at all. If they are shooting the thing in groups and mashing them together than that just makes it easier to dress everyone up in some sort of coherent look. I don't get the reason for grabbing the children and not redressing or grooming them. Everybody grooms their kids for Christmas pictures. They don't have to wear the same thing or even the same colors but at least there should be an attempt to show this is not some random group of strangers grabbed off the street.

I love the line picture because I'll bet Joshie got a big fat surprise when he saw the final layout. There he was in his rightful place smugly leading the line and then-- whammo!--Jill and Derek are pasted right in front of him. That's got to burn.

I doubt that was any surprise to him. He knew Jill was going to be the focus of the season, so I doubt he expected her to "fall in line behind him."

:lol: :handgestures-thumbup:

The lack of a comma annoys me and the Christ in all caps, but (and I hate myself for this I have seen worse) last two years of Kardashian/Jenner Christmas cards (2012's featured Kim's kitten in a glass box, it was already dead by the time the card was released and 2013's which was shot by David LaChappelle) was worse. Although, I did think it was a brilliant way to throw shade on the Kardashian/Jenner clan.

Archived