IGNORED

Duggar Christmas Card

artdecades

That is Jason. He is really starting to look like Josiah!

James is the one with Michael. Then Justin is the one next to James, and Jackson is on his other side.

I can now identify 17/19 Duggars. Which of the boy twins is which?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The littles look like they been sleeping in those clothes a few days and they also look like they went to the master closet and put on anything they wanted. Which is fine, but somewhere in another thread floats a picture of Josh around age... idk 8? 10? and the kids are dressed for church, boys in ties and girls in frilly matchy clothes with pantaloons and bows.

How things change in a few years.

To me the front row look unkempt. I wouldn't say malnourished but they all look like they were playing outside and had to run in and plop down for this pic.

The right side are all leaning in and it looks ridiculous. Grandma Duggar looks like an afterthought, IMO she should be honored in the picture. The last few family photos I've seen look badly done, I don't get why someone, at this point, cannot produce a decent photo of the Duggars.

I mean, what is up with the girl with her back to Michelle and her arms slid under her brother's legs? Why do we have to see the full body shot of that kid?

I'm neither an artist nor a photographer and it's obvious to me how badly that picture is composed. L2photoshop?

ETA: Jana is also turned away from the group, was she also photoshopped in? Ben and Jessa look cute, one of the few redeeming qualities of the pic. Also, Marcus is ghost white, a nice contrast to the fake tans.

Precious Josie gets held by Daddy but no other child gets held or touched by a JB&M. *massive eyeroll*

Maybe Jana is just making a statement by being turned away and isn't photoshopped in, but Josiah definitely is a photoshop job. That looks terrible!

I remember a really old episode (Josie was freshly home.. maybe pre michael..) where they were shooting a new purple intro to the show and they did the group shot in batches. Like, each buddy group did their section... JB & Mullet did theirs... Gma jumped in with Josh, Anna, and co...

I bet this was done the same way.

I remember a really old episode (Josie was freshly home.. maybe pre michael..) where they were shooting a new purple intro to the show and they did the group shot in batches. Like, each buddy group did their section... JB & Mullet did theirs... Gma jumped in with Josh, Anna, and co...

I bet this was done the same way.

i'm not sure if it was the same episode, but i do remember one where they wanted to take pictures, and they took them in groups because it was easier than trying to get all the little kids to sit still and look nice for the picture.

Why is Jeer sitting on Hannie's hands?

could that have originally been a piano playing photo? :lol: this picture gets weirder the longer anyone looks at it.

Ben is either:

1. Doing the splits

2. Jessa is sitting on his lap

3. His leg fell off.

Also... James' lap is HUGE, or his leg is somehow disjointed.

Jinger and Joy-Anna look cute though!

i'm not sure if it was the same episode, but i do remember one where they wanted to take pictures, and they took them in groups because it was easier than trying to get all the little kids to sit still and look nice for the picture.

I'm almost certain that's how this photo was done. They took the best shot of each group and put them together. The bad part is the Josh group was doing the leaning thing for their best shot which makes it look bad. I can't imagine trying to do a group photo with that many people. It would be beyond "spray and pray" shooting. Heck anytime you have to take more than one or two kids pictures together it's "spray and pray".

In the article they talk about how jill's bump was on full display in the picture. This photo was taken a day before she was married i think. Do they even know what they are talking about on E! ???

Probably not, it is E! after all.

Is it me, or does Jana look left out in the cold? She just looks very distant from everyone else. And then to put her in between the two couples makes it even sadder :(

When I first saw this picture I just glanced at it and didn't think anything of it. But then I started to read this thread and took a closer look. It is weird. All those on the right leaning in. Josh looks washed out. Jana facing out and all alone. Jennifer turned away from the camera and her hands under Jer. Josiah barely in the picture and is weirdly placed. All those girls up front, sitting criss cross with their dresses pulled way up and only their leggings showing. And I've been trying to make out whose arms are around who in that top row ... that looks off too.

I'm pretty sure this photo was taken as the same time as this photo.

I remember everyone saying how awkward this photo is too, Derick and Jill shopped in front, (couldn't they just stand in front?) Josiah is awkwardly shopped in (his head? the brown between his legs?), Jinger looking away, Jackson's face is fuzzy, and Josie is just a fuzzy mess in the back..

You'd think TLC "#1 show" could have some nice promo photos..

I think the kids look healthy. But the outfit choices - eh. Like, your "job" as a "celebrity" is to have your picture-perfect family smile big for the camera, and you can't be bothered to choose decent outfits/footwear for a professional photography session? Or comb your kids' hair? We all know the Duggars are not poor. Their leghumpers know this too - they all like to say how the Duggars never needed public assistance and paid for their own house (MmmHmm) without TLC help (hah!). So why are half their kids in ill-fitting, mismatched outfits? None of those kids are toddlers anymore, either. They can (for the most part), keep their "church clothes" nice for a few hours.

Seriously, J-chelle. This is your ONE JOB. Get it together.

I'm pretty sure this photo was taken as the same time as this photo.

I remember everyone saying how awkward this photo is too, Derick and Jill shopped in front, (couldn't they just stand in front?) Josiah is awkwardly shopped in (his head? the brown between his legs?), Jinger looking away, Jackson's face is fuzzy, and Josie is just a fuzzy mess in the back..

You'd think TLC "#1 show" could have some nice promo photos..

Yep, same clothes on everyone as the Christmas card photo:

http://images.designntrend.com/data/ima ... .jpg?w=780

But back to the photo that you posted, where they're standing in a line. Zoom waaaay in on Jordyn's face. Is it just me, or does it look like a face was pasted over the original? It's like a mask that's pushed to one side.

What struck me was how Jessa and Jill are dressed in a very similar manner: skimming (not tight) long dress in a solid color with a contrasting scarf at the neck. Very flattering, modest and feminine and so much better than anything their mother has ever worn. I don't know if one copied the other or if they came up with the outfit together but I really like their look. Nice how they don't have to wear denim skirts with double T-shirts anymore but since they are now married I get the idea they can decide how they want to dress.

Grandma Mary, on the other hand, always the same. How many times have we seen that denim jacket?

What struck me was how Jessa and Jill are dressed in a very similar manner: skimming (not tight) long dress in a solid color with a contrasting scarf at the neck. Very flattering, modest and feminine and so much better than anything their mother has ever worn. I don't know if one copied the other or if they came up with the outfit together but I really like their look. Nice how they don't have to wear denim skirts with double T-shirts anymore but since they are now married I get the idea they can decide how they want to dress.

Grandma Mary, on the other hand, always the same. How many times have we seen that denim jacket?

I really think people are misunderstanding what i am trying (very poorly, it appears) to say. It isn't about being well put together. I grew up in rural Arkansas and I now live in rural Texas. I come from rural people. Only one segment of my family, however, has that look that can't be washed or dressed away. The Duggar kids never had that look while the sister moms all home but I think the current care load is too much for the remaining girls and yes, it is starting to show in the kids.

I haven't heard anybody say this in years but, when I was a kid, the attentive mothers would say things like "You look like nobody owns you." or "You look like nobody loves you." as they wiped snotty noses or made their kids come in to change out of something ripped or dirty or just mixed up looking. I think that to myself when I look at pictures of Sparkling Lauren's waifs and, lately, with the younger Duggar kids, too.

I don't really see anything wrong with the way the youngest kids look in this picture because it is an exxxtrrreeeemmmmlly casual family photo taken by TLC for promotional reasons. It's the fact they then used this photo for their official Xmas card that I think is what's making it look so off and unprofessional and why the kids look shrubby and disheveled. I'm sure it's difficult to get everyone together for a photo op, especially with three separate families now, one that lives out of state, and one adult son who seems to be constantly banished to Got-hard brainwashing camp BUT you would think for an official Xmas card they would have at least tried. I mean, look at the family photo the Bateses have on their website. It's lovely, everyone looks very nice, and they were able to get their two youngest toddlers to hold still for a couple of snapshots, in nicer, dressier clothing too! The picture is fine, just a bit too casual for something that's generally seen as more formal, like a Xmas card. I don't know why they didn't take some new family shots when everyone was together for Jessa and BoyBen's wedding, or maybe they did and those shots turned out even worse, heh.

I don't really see anything wrong with the way the youngest kids look in this picture because it is an exxxtrrreeeemmmmlly casual family photo taken by TLC for promotional reasons. It's the fact they then used this photo for their official Xmas card that I think is what's making it look so off and unprofessional and why the kids look shrubby and disheveled. I'm sure it's difficult to get everyone together for a photo op, especially with three separate families now, one that lives out of state, and one adult son who seems to be constantly banished to Got-hard brainwashing camp BUT you would think for an official Xmas card they would have at least tried. I mean, look at the family photo the Bateses have on their website. It's lovely, everyone looks very nice, and they were able to get their two youngest toddlers to hold still for a couple of snapshots, in nicer, dressier clothing too! The picture is fine, just a bit too casual for something that's generally seen as more formal, like a Xmas card. I don't know why they didn't take some new family shots when everyone was together for Jessa and BoyBen's wedding, or maybe they did and those shots turned out even worse, heh.

Archived