IGNORED

Duggar Christmas Card

artdecades

I agree, that whole front row has that typical uncared for look, sallow faces, manky hair, hodgepodge clothes. I doubt they even get a proper bath once a week.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree, that whole front row has that typical uncared for look, sallow faces, manky hair, hodgepodge clothes. I doubt they even get a proper bath once a week.

YES! Thank you! That's exactly what i was trying to say.

Yes because two people moved out of the house none of the kids are being taken care of anymore. Or is it because they are from Arkansas? :angry-banghead: Really, if you are going to snark on the Duggars pick something you can snark on, the kids have always been fed since we've been watching them. Not the most healthy food but they are fed.

I looked at the promo picture and it was definitely from the same shoot but it isn't the same exact picture.

facebook.com/19KidsandCounting/photos/pb.174015830520.-2207520000.1418584514./10154862634060521/?type=1&theater

My bad, I thought it was new.

They must know that every group picture is gonna end up somewhere, either in a magazine or online so I would generally want my family to look as nice as possible but that's just me. I have never been a fan of red pants for boys, but then again, that's just me. I would haul all of the kids down to Wally World and buy them some cheap tennis shoes, flip flops are so over rated, especially rubber flip flops. But then when its time to go somewhere it takes about one second to slide a dirty foot into flip flops and go. I also don't think I have ever noticed the boys (sans Josh) wearing flip flops. And lastly, Josie is 4 or 5 now and they think their hair is a girls glory so why is Josie's still short? Do you think they keep it cut or is that also a condition of her being premature. Each season I watch to see what Josie will look like with longer hair but it has not happened yet.

Yes because two people moved out of the house none of the kids are being taken care of anymore. Or is it because they are from Arkansas? :angry-banghead: Really, if you are going to snark on the Duggars pick something you can snark on, the kids have always been fed since we've been watching them. Not the most healthy food but they are fed.

Yup, I am sure gonna snark on someone just because they are from Arkansas. I spent most of my life there, almost everyone I love lives there...sometimes I cry in the shower because I miss my beautiful home state. Yup, good old snark worthy Arkansas.

I truly think these kids are looking rough. In a normal family, no, the older girls moving out wouldn't hurt the younger children so much. In this family, those children lost their mother and you can see the results.

Maybe they're having trouble staying on top of haircuts, and we can't forget most of their clothes are hand-me-downs, i'm sure they still use Goodwill for the boys. I bet it's difficult to make sure they grab the right size out of that shared closet, instead of something too big. I can't imagine having 5 (6?) tween boys at once to take care of. Wow. Plus add in the fact that Michelle doesn't seem to be paying very close attention anyway.

And lastly, Josie is 4 or 5 now and they think their hair is a girls glory so why is Josie's still short? Do you think they keep it cut or is that also a condition of her being premature. Each season I watch to see what Josie will look like with longer hair but it has not happened yet.

Josie's hair texture is different from the other howlers. Her baby fine spiral curls will take longer to show growth than Jordyn or Jennifer. Such is the life of a curly haired girl. If they combed it out and blow-dryed it straight, it would be longer than you would expect. But as some of the front row is wearing flip flops - I doubt that is high on the priority list. (And if her hair looks that cute naturally, why fight it?)

Yup, I am sure gonna snark on someone just because they are from Arkansas. I spent most of my life there, almost everyone I love lives there...sometimes I cry in the shower because I miss my beautiful home state. Yup, good old snark worthy Arkansas.

I truly think these kids are looking rough. In a normal family, no, the older girls moving out wouldn't hurt the younger children so much. In this family, those children lost their mother and you can see the results.

You are the one who said that the looked just like some of your family from Arkansas. You are the one who spouted ignorant stereotypes based off of where they are from not me. Don't get pissy at me when you were the one who went there.

This picture was taken long ago possibly before Jill was even married. I know it was before Jessa was married. If it was after Jill was married it was within a few weeks of her being married certainly not enough time for the kids to go from healthy to malnourished. That kind of stuff takes a while to show up, it doesn't happen in just a matter of days.

PS The unkempt look is really in fashion right now.

Lol I stand by what I said. Not one single ignorant stereotype included. My absolute trashiest family members live in Arkansas. So do all the rest. I just pointed out my family is, also, from Arkansas. The older girls started neglecting their slave jobs when they started courting. It was well before they physically moved out. The dull hair and skin is what makes me think poor nourishment, perhaps it's something else but it's there.

I really think people are misunderstanding what i am trying (very poorly, it appears) to say. It isn't about being well put together. I grew up in rural Arkansas and I now live in rural Texas. I come from rural people. Only one segment of my family, however, has that look that can't be washed or dressed away. The Duggar kids never had that look while the sister moms all home but I think the current care load is too much for the remaining girls and yes, it is starting to show in the kids.

This is a quote right? Fanfiction.net? :roll:

Maybe I've never seen this "look"

My nieces are not picture-perfect even for family pictures. They're kids and they look like kids. And they are certainly well cared for.

Ok, so some of us know the "look" and others don't. Moving on, whomever took this photo most likely was not a professional because everyone on Mary's side up to Josh are leaning in as if they were told to do that. Even if they thought they should just do it, the photographer should have told them to stand straight.

Ok, so some of us know the "look" and others don't. Moving on, whomever took this photo most likely was not a professional because everyone on Mary's side up to Josh are leaning in as if they were told to do that. Even if they thought they should just do it, the photographer should have told them to stand straight.

I noticed this too on a second look. Definitely an impromptu shot that they used for the card because everyone was in it.

It's one of their TLC shots based off of a google image search. 51qgNksB%2BkL._SX940_.jpg

It's one of their TLC shots based off of a google image search. 51qgNksB%2BkL._SX940_.jpg

Wow thanks! That makes it even more hilarious to me! :mrgreen:

I really think people are misunderstanding what i am trying (very poorly, it appears) to say. It isn't about being well put together. I grew up in rural Arkansas and I now live in rural Texas. I come from rural people. Only one segment of my family, however, has that look that can't be washed or dressed away. The Duggar kids never had that look while the sister moms all home but I think the current care load is too much for the remaining girls and yes, it is starting to show in the kids.

I've thought about this Either a bunch of the kids are going to be dumped on already-busy sister-moms, or Michelle would have to take ca-- They're getting dumped on already-busy sister-moms. And I do think that's going to mean the kids aren't getting as much care. This isn't anything against Jana and Jinger, and everything against Michelle. Those girls get twice as many kids to take care of. 6 each, or so? Hard for most people, but when you're 20 or so, and you go from triplets to sextuplets, it's going to be hard.

We have seen this photo before, with the horrible image of Josiah looking Photoshopped in. Did they green screen it and just slap a new background behind it each time?

Edited to add: There it is at the top of the Duggar Official Facebook page. Yeah, they just changed the background. I think these are the pics they took outside in front of power lines much earlier this year and they left a giant hole next to Jill for Derick to be pasted in.

The picture was posted November 20. Weren't Benessa still on their honeymoon?

The picture was posted November 20. Weren't Benessa still on their honeymoon?

There were pictures posted of the actual photo shoot happening posted somewhere at the end of the summer.

This picture was taken right before Jill's wedding last June. They had to photoshop Derick into the shot since he was at his JOB. I know, a novel concept for the Duggars. The picture was posted before the photoshopping happened, forget where (posssibly someone's instagram?). At any rate, I saw it in its original state...months ago.

When I first saw this photo I was sure it was taken to allow an easy addition of Jana's beau. Not sure if I'm happy or not there isn't a guy standing there.

Archived