IGNORED

Duggar Christmas Card

artdecades

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the article they talk about how jill's bump was on full display in the picture. This photo was taken a day before she was married i think. Do they even know what they are talking about on E! ???

The only thing this Christmas card did for me is leave me with the sinking suspicion that somewhere out there a fundie couple named their baby Wonderful Counselor.

Are you sure it was taken that long ago? I would think Ben and Jessa have to be married already in the pic, judging by their closeness.

They've definitely been using this picture as a promo for the last season. (The one with Jill getting married) Doesn't really sound like "gathering together for their annual Christmas card" to me!

Johannah and Jennifer are wearing flipflops - yes, I said flipflops (using Michelle's robocall verbiage) - and they chose this pic for the family Christmas card? Keep it classy, Duggars. :roll:

The article offers no insight or original info. It's Jill with Derek! It's Jessa cozying up to Ben! Josie recently had a birthday! Then it restates what is written on the card. And the blog entry that they quote is a year old.

Josiah looks like he has a receding hairline.

Oh, and any time of the year, SOMEONE recently had a birthday. Yawn.

We have seen this photo before, with the horrible image of Josiah looking Photoshopped in. Did they green screen it and just slap a new background behind it each time?

Edited to add: There it is at the top of the Duggar Official Facebook page. Yeah, they just changed the background. I think these are the pics they took outside in front of power lines much earlier this year and they left a giant hole next to Jill for Derick to be pasted in.

I want to know when they are going to take a mission trip to help the poor and needy people of the Appalachians.

This led me down a rabbit hole of E Duggar articles. The best comment on the Thanksgiving bump photo was this (in response to a woman asking why the fuck Duggars don't use birth control: "So their way of family planning is unique compared to most but its also completely pure. Like eating organic : )"

I want to know when they are going to take a mission trip to help the poor and needy people of the Appalachians.
help the poor? It is not about helping the poor but converting them.

I just looked at the pic really well. The entire front row of the J kids (not the M kids though) are getting that look all uncared for, unwashed, improperly fed kids have. The button up shirts with sweat pants and heavy brown shoes next to a flip flop wearing sister just screams trashy. Yikes.

I just looked at the pic really well. The entire front row of the J kids (not the M kids though) are getting that look all uncared for, unwashed, improperly fed kids have. The button up shirts with sweat pants and heavy brown shoes next to a flip flop wearing sister just screams trashy. Yikes.

What the heck are you talking about?

What the heck are you talking about?

I am taking about this Christmas cards pic. I was surprised at how uncared for some of the kids are looking. This was supposed to be a well planned pic yet You have (is it Jackson I believe) wearing redsweats, a blue button up, and heavy brown shoes which would be bad enough but several of the kids have that unwashed look, too. I saved the pic and zoomed in to see more clearly and they look terrible!

Jackson looks like he's wearing red jeans and boat shoes (so the least heavy shoes, well, ever). I also saved and zoomed in and I'm not seeing what you're seeing. I see normal kids.

Oh geez. The kids look unwashed? Are we for real here? :roll: They look like normal (clean) kids to me. It's a casual photo. Should they be wearing tuxedos?

This clearly wasn't a real "Christmas card" anyway. It's just a photo they already had for the show that they overlaid some Christmas text on.

I am looking on my phone so maybe but they look like elastic ankle sweats and heavy shoes. And just not the realy clean, really well prepared for a family picture look I would expect. Looks like he was out playing and grabbed for the picture. It's like no one cares since the sister moms have other priorities.

It's really hard to explain but there real is a certain look un cared for children start to get. The younger Duggarlings are getting that look. I have cousins (in Arkansas as a matter of fact) That seldom get bathed, eat poorly and have that look. It's just there. It's not about wearing tuxedos, that wouldn't hide that look anyway.

I am looking on my phone so maybe but they look like elastic ankle sweats and heavy shoes. And just not the realy clean, really well prepared for a family picture look I would expect. Looks like he was out playing and grabbed for the picture. It's like no one cares since the sister moms have other priorities.

Jesus Christ. I've seen him wear those before - they're not sweats. But you should write to the Duggars and let them know how disappointed you are that they failed to live up to your expectations for the perfect family photo. Someone needs to warn them lest they dare commit such a travesty again.

I guess I just don't see it. I mean, yeah, they wear weird, often ugly clothes, and sometimes they look frumpy or awkward, but I don't think they look dirty or unfed. I mean, they've had 19 kids who have had virtually no serious illness or health complications besides Josie's early birth. If anything, somehow, they seem unusually healthy.

I think you kind of get into unpleasant territory trying to describe "that look." I don't really think the Duggar kids have that "rural" look to begin with, but I think it's a not great when people start making assumptions that because kids (and it's almost always rural kids) look like they're not "put together" that their family's not caring for them, and that they're underfed or abused or neglected. Children aren't dolls...they don't have any responsibility to look perfectly put together 24/7. And adults shouldn't expect them to.

Most of my family are "rural people" and it just kind of bugs me how people so often make assumptions that kids are not cared for, or that they're classless or uneducated, because they don't look like they belong in a Gap Kids catalog. I mean, I hate a lot of things the Duggars do, but this is just kind of absurd. The photo just looks like a regular photo of kids in casual clothes. The last thing children need is to start worrying at a young age that someone's going to judge them for wearing the wrong pants with the wrong shoes. I mean, JFC, how petty can we get?

I really think people are misunderstanding what i am trying (very poorly, it appears) to say. It isn't about being well put together. I grew up in rural Arkansas and I now live in rural Texas. I come from rural people. Only one segment of my family, however, has that look that can't be washed or dressed away. The Duggar kids never had that look while the sister moms all home but I think the current care load is too much for the remaining girls and yes, it is starting to show in the kids.

Archived