IGNORED

She considers? (blog)

flojo

Hey all.

I'm a noob - long time fundie watcher (fundie lite myself at one stage), and recently discovered freejinger. These forums are amazing - people discussing fundie culture, instead of giving me blank looks.

Anyway, I've been a long term follower of a number of the blogs/ sites listed on here, and have enjoyed reading some new ones (never had read the Maxwells blog before! :shock: ).

Anyway, wanted to find out if anyone has been following the many blogs of Olivia Brodock? She seems to change host about once per year. Her family are quite fundie, and appear to be close to the Crawfords, attending the same church as them and mentioning them on her blog once or twice. She and Bria Crawford, at one point, used to host a blog together on being a SAD (can't remember link). I find her fascinating because she can be very intelligent at some points, then in the very next post spew so many cliches that it hurts. Her political posts (filed under "her country"), are especially interesting.

Anyway, she is at sheconsiders.com

Nice to meet you

Hi,

Welcome to FJ. I know exactly how you felt when you found FJ - finally a place to discuss your(our) obsession with fundies!

:)

Welcome!

Re. The She Considers blogger; this is the first I've read her. From the little I've seen, she appears to be just another young, single (I assume) woman who thinks she knows everything about marriage and home life (while she works as a nanny and housekeeper). Oh, and blames feminism for all the world's evils (Gee that's new).

Yes, She Considers, every woman who works outside the home has a broken home. Never fails. You're absolutely correct. 100% divorce rate for working women.

Welcome!

Re. The She Considers blogger; this is the first I've read her. From the little I've seen, she appears to be just another young, single (I assume) woman who thinks she knows everything about marriage and home life (while she works as a nanny and housekeeper). Oh, and blames feminism for all the world's evils (Gee that's new).

Yes, She Considers, every woman who works outside the home has a broken home. Never fails. You're absolutely correct. 100% divorce rate for working women.

Where is the mother to the children she nannies? Why do these children need a nanny, I wonder?

"think of me as a mix of Jane Eyre and Grace Kelly, with a little Vivian Leigh spirit to keep things interesting." She has a high opinion of herself!!! lol!

Where is the mother to the children she nannies? Why do these children need a nanny, I wonder?

The main one was quite tragic really - a mother died 2 weeks after a cancer diagnosis, and she was sent to live as a "governess" on their farm almost immediately, and effectively manage the house and raise/ homeschool the 12 year old daughter. She was there for a little over a year before he remarried and she was out of a job. Reading her account, there may be more to her leaving than simply his remarriage... (nb -edited for clarity)

She's back home now, sharing a room (and it seems, bed) with her sister...

And apparently, the Smurfs are Communist.

sheconsiders.com/2011/04/the-communism-in-the-cartoon/

You can't make this stuff up.

(I wonder if she thinks the Maxwells are Communist, too--after all, they fit her criteria.)

Guest Anonymous
"think of me as a mix of Jane Eyre and Grace Kelly, with a little Vivian Leigh spirit to keep things interesting." She has a high opinion of herself!!! lol!

Now we know! That wasn't an earthquake on the East Coast, it was Grace and Vivien spinning in their graves.

So she has a thing about guns.

sheconsiders.com/2011/06/true-grit/

sheconsiders.com/2010/06/in-the-midst-of-darkness/

And the requisite anti-welfare, anti-government stuff.

sheconsiders.com/2009/06/the-little-red-hen-politically-correct-version/

The smurf thing, I just can't. Totally ridiculous.

And she loves laundry and cleaning.

sheconsiders.com/2010/08/a-basket-case/

sheconsiders.com/2010/06/organizing-that-darned-pantry/

I vote that we send her to the Duggars so the older girls can get a break.

Now we know! That wasn't an earthquake on the East Coast, it was Grace and Vivien spinning in their graves.

LOL!! Love how these fundys are all modest in their about mes!

And apparently, the Smurfs are Communist.

sheconsiders.com/2011/04/the-communism-in-the-cartoon/

You can't make this stuff up.

(I wonder if she thinks the Maxwells are Communist, too--after all, they fit her criteria.)

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

I just read that and the ideas about what communism is are so insane I wished for it to be a parody. Was it posted on April 1st?

Honestly. If you want to know what communists believe, go and ask one. We'll not be shy in telling you, indeed three hours later you'll wish you had never asked ;) The idea it is some secret thing and the idea it can be spread by the means of films and cartoons were both discredited a long time ago.

Did anyone else but me find the adoption post creepy? The emphasis on how grateful the kids should feel and how Christlike their new parents were in taking them on set my teeth on edge. That's not even starting on the descriptions of their lands of origin.

sheconsiders.com/2009/08/cash-for-clunkers-genius/

There are some amusing comments - birth control is bad for the environment?

THE SMURFS ARE COMMUNIST...Think about it; everyone, except Papa Smurf, is the same color and wears the same uniform. A classless society where everyone lives in the same size house and does the work assigned by Papa Smurf.

Sounds a lot more like patriarchy to me...frumpers and chore packs for everyone!

I remember that "Smurfs are Communist" webpage. I think it was around back in the late 90s or early 00s, along with one about how Scooby Snacks (Scooby Doo) were really hash brownies and some other crazy stuff. I thought the whole website was supposed to be a joke, but I guess she took it seriously.

I remember that "Smurfs are Communist" webpage. I think it was around back in the late 90s or early 00s, along with one about how Scooby Snacks (Scooby Doo) were really hash brownies and some other crazy stuff. I thought the whole website was supposed to be a joke, but I guess she took it seriously.

According to her she just thought of it whilst watching the smurfs for the first time as an adult...

Edited because surfs was autocorrected as skits ...

I sure hope Olivia realizes Grace Kelly was quite hot-to-trot back in the day. She didn't exactly present Prince Ranier with a fresh in the crate vagina on their wedding night.

And sadly, Vivien Leigh suffered from mental illness for most of her life. It's very sad.

Also, Grace Kelly and Vivien Leigh were talented actresses (they had jobs!) and were also drop-dead gorgeous. Olivia? Not so much.

Smurfette wears a dress.

Yes, but it's a pretty short dress, which proofs that not only are the Smurfs communists, their women are also brazen hussies and not into biblical womanhood. :-)

I'm so relieved this devious Communist trap has failed thanks to She considers... lol

"Say it with me 'Governments job is to punish evil not bestow compassion.' "

I can't even. Dopey little twunt. Oh, and she's a Kelly Crawford fan.

And she needs to be tied up and taught how to punctuate.

"Say it with me 'Governments job is to punish evil not bestow compassion.' "

I can't even. Dopey little twunt. Oh, and she's a Kelly Crawford fan.

And she needs to be tied up and taught how to punctuate.

"She considers..."

And I consider her an idiot.

Yeah, that entry just ticked me off big-time. What about the evil of lack of compassion?

I sure hope Olivia realizes Grace Kelly was quite hot-to-trot back in the day. She didn't exactly present Prince Ranier with a fresh in the crate vagina on their wedding night.

And sadly, Vivien Leigh suffered from mental illness for most of her life. It's very sad.

Also, Grace Kelly and Vivien Leigh were talented actresses (they had jobs!) and were also drop-dead gorgeous. Olivia? Not so much.

lol!!

Kinda odd idols for a fundy when you put it like that.

Archived