IGNORED

Lori and Ken: The Big Ball of Crazy -Multiple Merges

If I were one of Lori's kids or kids-in-law, I'd be modified if I was the subject of her blog post! I tend to believe that Lori's kids put up with her, but probably think their mom and dad are totally bat-shit crazy. For example, only one child out of four has provided crazy-ass grandma with grandkids. If all of her kids followed her crazy-ass thinking, should the other ones be having babies? Also, NONE of her daughters or daughters-in-laws post on her blog, or probably read her blog. Lastly, her daughters are married and working out of the home. If they followed her messed up logic, they should be home, giving their husbands loads of sex, pushing out grandkids, and being good "keepers of the home".

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE: the Makura Honey-- that came up from one of the fundie relatives over THanksgiving. But, he is a vet and had used it on an animal infection to see if it would work and it did. QED he now thinks it "might" work for MRSA, as it has been said to do. Meanwhile his wife was babbling on about essential oils.

So, who knows, but given that I'm sure the hospitalwould rather use a topical honey for my dad when his MRSA flares up than 6 weeks of intravenous antibiotics.... tell us again why this isn't a standard treatment if it really works so well?

Someone like Lori is an example of one of the many downsides of the internet. Prior to the internet, I doubt anyone would have paid much attention to her, outside of her very limited social circle. But the internet gave her the ability to have her blog, and spout her hateful platforms.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 'net, but unfortunately any nutcase able to figure out how to run a blog account, can find a way to get some even stronger nutjobs to follow them and provide them with a virtual hand job over everything they post.

I know it is really just representative of at most, a few hundred people in this country who probably follow her, but still she gets picked up by other blogs, sites like this and such and then a few more lost souls find their way to her thinking that she might have an answer for their dismal life. Anyone who is stuck in a bad marriage with low self esteem is the perfect victim for Lori, because she can just push that submissive bullshit down their throat.

I am one for free speech, but it saddens me that Lori can more or less directly contribute to the ongoing mental and probable physical abuse of women, and never be held accountable. I don't really believe in a Judgment day scenario, but I sure do hope in Her case that she gets to experience that. Just once it would be nice to see the lights come on, and she have a flicker of insight into the wrongs that she has perpetuated.

RE: the Makura Honey-- that came up from one of the fundie relatives over THanksgiving. But, he is a vet and had used it on an animal infection to see if it would work and it did. QED he now thinks it "might" work for MRSA, as it has been said to do. Meanwhile his wife was babbling on about essential oils.

So, who knows, but given that I'm sure the hospitalwould rather use a topical honey for my dad when his MRSA flares up than 6 weeks of intravenous antibiotics.... tell us again why this isn't a standard treatment if it really works so well?

I don't know about makura honey, but I do know that there is some legit research being done on honey as an antimicrobial. However, I don't think it would currently be considered a first and only treatment, but rather an adjunct to more traditional western treatment.

The sad truth is, that we have some "bugs" out there that are highly resistant to pretty much all antibiotics. MRSA seems mild compared to some of them. (Google ESBL or CRE to get an idea of what I mean). The resistance is evolving ( yes, a chance to witness evolution in front of our very eyes) faster than new antibiotics can be produced. So many, traditional western/modern practitioners are looking at adjunct treatment, so as to reduce the length of time needed for antibiotics or to help the antibiotics be more successful.

This, however; doesn't mean that Lori, or any other fundie idiot out there hawking oils and such, should be giving advice on how to treat MRSA or even strep throat. People should be seeing qualified medical professionals and if they want to try some alternative approaches there are plenty of traditional Western Style Doctors that are willing and open to a multi-modal therapeutic approach.

There is a wound dressing made with honey that is used for certain types of wounds in the legs and feet. There are some very specific situations where this particular product works really well. I can't remember the specifics because I haven't worked in a few years but I remember this product. Mrsa is definately not one of them though. Nothing topical is going to work on mrsa. These are superbugs and you can get really sick really fast if you don't treat it aggressively.

I had a co worker die of strep, he was in his twenties. I don't know if it was a special strain or if he had a pre existing condition that made him vulnerable- he always seemed healthy enough. But don't just treat it yourself. The nurse practioner at our pediatriion's office seems fundie like, salt and pepper bun and usually a long skirt. She has an odd way of speaking, but I noticed babies really respond well to her. I think she really is a baby whisperer, anyhow, when my kids had planters warts she had us put duct tape on it- it worked. She recommends gum with Zylotol for ear infections Andy laying down on the good ear with a heating pad on the bad ear to let it draon,if we want to avoid overuse of meds, at the first hint of pink eye to wash the eye out with saline a few times a day, if it doesn't clear up or get better come in. If we asked for antibiotics she would perscribe them, it is a choice she lets us know our options and we go from there. Sometimes they work, others not so much. But we go in and get appropriate treatment. That's how it should be.

Someone like Lori is an example of one of the many downsides of the internet. Prior to the internet, I doubt anyone would have paid much attention to her, outside of her very limited social circle. But the internet gave her the ability to have her blog, and spout her hateful platforms.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 'net, but unfortunately any nutcase able to figure out how to run a blog account, can find a way to get some even stronger nutjobs to follow them and provide them with a virtual hand job over everything they post.

I know it is really just representative of at most, a few hundred people in this country who probably follow her, but still she gets picked up by other blogs, sites like this and such and then a few more lost souls find their way to her thinking that she might have an answer for their dismal life. Anyone who is stuck in a bad marriage with low self esteem is the perfect victim for Lori, because she can just push that submissive bullshit down their throat.

I am one for free speech, but it saddens me that Lori can more or less directly contribute to the ongoing mental and probable physical abuse of women, and never be held accountable. I don't really believe in a Judgment day scenario, but I sure do hope in Her case that she gets to experience that. Just once it would be nice to see the lights come on, and she have a flicker of insight into the wrongs that she has perpetuated.

She's also a prime example of how some people lack critical thinking skills and will naively believe anything that's posted online.

Prior to the internet, it was a bit more obvious if information came from a pamphlet handed out on a street corner, or from a medical journal or reputable encyclopedia. Now, anybody can post anything online, but some people never got the memo that stuff online can be 100% BS. Finding information is no longer the issue, critically evaluating it is.

Lori is probably one of those people without critical thinking skills who believed something that was posted online.

If it's on the interwebz, it must be true, doncha know?

Lori is just not happy unless she is "rebuking" someone. Today? Kelly and Gil Bates. Seems they just aren't strict enough for Lori's taste, and she's concerned that the children might try to oppress them :roll:

Lori is just not happy unless she is "rebuking" someone. Today? Kelly and Gil Bates. Seems they just aren't strict enough for Lori's taste, and she's concerned that the children might try to oppress them :roll:

Doesn't Lori watch the Duggars' show? I haven't seen it in quite a while, but when I did watch, their little ones ran around that house like wild animals. There seemed to be very little discipline in the household but any discipline handed out seemed to come from the older daughters who have been tasked with raising their baby siblings. Jim Bob and Michelle have made it clear they can't handle those younger kids without the older girls.

At least the Bates, from what little I've seen, seem to take care of their own children a little more than the Duggars - not leaving child rearing to their older children.

from the comments:

· 42 minutes ago

I admit that we have been a lot softer with our younger children than we were with our oder ones, and it does show. In fact I honestly don't kow any couple with a lot of children over a wide age range who haven't stuggled with this.

Our children aren't terrors (when you compare them with your average kid these days), but there is a marked diffrence.

Perhaps you should write about that. Help us out a little bit with your wisdom.

Lori got snarked and missed it!

Doesn't Lori watch the Duggars' show? I haven't seen it in quite a while, but when I did watch, their little ones ran around that house like wild animals. There seemed to be very little discipline in the household but any discipline handed out seemed to come from the older daughters who have been tasked with raising their baby siblings. Jim Bob and Michelle have made it clear they can't handle those younger kids without the older girls.

At least the Bates, from what little I've seen, seem to take care of their own children a little more than the Duggars - not leaving child rearing to their older children.

Don't watch the Duggars generally so don't know about them, but I think a lot of people are softer on their younger kids because they've learned to not sweat the small stuff. My kids are really close in age (9, 10 and 11), and even at that, my youngest has definitely had a different childhood than my oldest. Not significantly different because they ARE so close in age, but I have learned over time what matters and what doesn't matter as much.

I will always believe she only uses the names of famous fundies, celebrities and other, more popular bloggers, as click bait.

She does watch the Duggars show. I have seen episodes of the kids running around like wild animals. I also remember an episode, where they visited Wal-Mart and some of the boys went to the bike section and were riding bikes around the store. I also remember an episode where the Duggars were talking through a parking lost. Boob and Mullet were walking together holding hands while some of the J'Slaves were dealing with the little ones and toddlers.

It is interesting that Lori is rebuking Gil and Kelly Bates. Gil and Kelly are being honest that they have changed over the years. But I don't think the younger Bates kids will end up becoming monsters. I will admit that I have always found Kelly to be a bit more likable than Mullet Duggar.

Lori has blabbed on and on in the past about large families, but I think if she had to spend a day with a large fundie family, she wouldn't last. Lori is too much of a spoiled princess to deal with 10 plus kids. She admitted on her blog that her homeschooling program only lasted a few hours a day and then she required that the kids spend time in their room away from her. Also add in the fact that Lori had a nanny. I would love to see Lori try and take care of a mega family for a day.

Ken has said this in the past:

I think that was one of the main things Lori and I did best with our children. Even when we were not good about choosing our words carefully when correcting each other, we tended towards not getting emotional or upset at most of the kids bad behavior. Instead we dealt with it quite matter of factly, even at times laughing as we sent them to the fireplace: "I can't believe you did that again. Go to the fire place."

While today Lori says this (again)

We should NEVER laugh at their misbehavior and think it is cute,

*edited for clarity

I've noticed that tall girl weights are REALLY confusing to people of more average height.

Yes, I am quite thin right now due to some health problems (5'10" and 130-135 pounds) but even the nurse at my doctor's office was astonished that I weighed as much as I did. Those extra long bones have to add some weight somewhere!

She does watch the Duggars show. I have seen episodes of the kids running around like wild animals. I also remember an episode, where they visited Wal-Mart and some of the boys went to the bike section and were riding bikes around the store. I also remember an episode where the Duggars were talking through a parking lost. Boob and Mullet were walking together holding hands while some of the J'Slaves were dealing with the little ones and toddlers.

It is interesting that Lori is rebuking Gil and Kelly Bates. Gil and Kelly are being honest that they have changed over the years. But I don't think the younger Bates kids will end up becoming monsters. I will admit that I have always found Kelly to be a bit more likable than Mullet Duggar.

Lori has blabbed on and on in the past about large families, but I think if she had to spend a day with a large fundie family, she wouldn't last. Lori is too much of a spoiled princess to deal with 10 plus kids. She admitted on her blog that her homeschooling program only lasted a few hours a day and then she required that the kids spend time in their room away from her. Also add in the fact that Lori had a nanny. I would love to see Lori try and take care of a mega family for a day.

I wouldn't trust her to take care of my cat properly or a simple houseplant.

Ken has said this in the past:

While today Lori says this (again)

*edited for clarity

It often seems like Ken and Lori lived in entirely different homes while their children were young. Ken's version of how they raised their children is nothing like Lori's version. I don't know if this is because Ken was gone so much and Lori treated the children differently while he was there or if he has a very selective memory and has convinced himself Lori was not the horrible mother she says she was.

I will say that when my daughter had impetigo on her face and it wasn't clearing up, I put raw honey on it all day and it was gone by the next day. It kind of was like watching a miracle lol. But I wouldn't tell people to give up modern medicine and only use honey.

I recently tried doterra oils for my allergies but they didn't help.

My feline headship would own her ass! Any attempt to kick him, and he will hunt her down. I'm not joking.

It often seems like Ken and Lori lived in entirely different homes while their children were young. Ken's version of how they raised their children is nothing like Lori's version. I don't know if this is because Ken was gone so much and Lori treated the children differently while he was there or if he has a very selective memory and has convinced himself Lori was not the horrible mother she says she was.

The truth is probably somewhere between Ken and Lori's individual versions...

I left this for dear Lori...she just totally pissed me off beyond belief...

sure...just beat the kid into submission...that's not "child-training" that's child abuse. I took great pleasure in knowing that my children wanted/needed me to fall asleep. They craved the security of being in mommy's arms. The lack of sleep didn't last long in comparison to having happy, secure children. They knew that if they cried that mommy would be there. My kids are grown now and they remember snuggling in mommy's arms as toddlers. That might be why I have such a close relationship with them to this day. The minute something goes wrong, they're stressed out or whatever, they come to me.

I could not EVER beat an 18 month old child for not picking up raisins, let alone keep it up for hours. No...just no. That is ABUSE...the type of abuse that should get your kids taken away from you and your skeezy ass thrown in jail for a LONG time.

You disgust me...you are the one who let a 6 WEEK OLD baby cry for HOURS...you fucking BITCH.,..lying ass hypocrite! I hope you ROT IN HELL

Thank you...she makes me sick. I have spanked my almost 3 year a few times and every time I have felt guilty. And it hasnt worked so we don't do it anymore. It takes more effort to redirect, verbally correct etc than it does to use your "might" over a small child.

The idea that you would hit your small child over and over again is abuse and what made me sad is her commenters ramping it up......hitting a ONE YEAR old for getting up??? I swear. do these people take them to the doctors? Would they notice marks? If you are hitting on a regular basis you are parenting wrong.....

My interpretation is entirely different from Lori's. I don't see myself as "less strict" with my youngest, but just "more relaxed". With my first child, I was a helicopter parent, hovering over my girl and heavily involved with everything at all times of the day or night.

After my fourth child came, I was definitely more relaxed and learned that I didn't need to micromanage everything under the sun. Is that being less strict? I don't think so, but I relaxed a lot when I learned that if my youngest doesn't wear clean socks everyday her feet won't fall off.

My interpretation is entirely different from Lori's. I don't see myself as "less strict" with my youngest, but just "more relaxed". With my first child, I was a helicopter parent, hovering over my girl and heavily involved with everything at all times of the day or night.

After my fourth child came, I was definitely more relaxed and learned that I didn't need to micromanage everything under the sun. Is that being less strict? I don't think so, but I relaxed a lot when I learned that if my youngest doesn't wear clean socks everyday her feet won't fall off.

I am just too tired to micromanage number four. Spen loads of time this weekend looking for # 3's soccer jersey and stopped and said"I don't care anymore find it or don't" I meant it too. That would of never happened with #1

Archived