IGNORED

Lori and Ken: The Big Ball of Crazy -Multiple Merges

Yeah, that's a point. Somebody might not look their weight. I've mentioned how I used to be slightly too skinny, and I put on 20 pounds last year, bringing me up to a more consistent weight with my height. (5"7, I'm now 140 pounds, used to be around 120). I've had criticism from my own mum and people I don't know very well, at one point getting mistaken for pregnant! One person actually suggested that's why I've not been having much luck with getting work, because image-obsessed managers don't want to employ fat women. Which is plainly ridiculous, as 140 pounds/10 stone is patently NOT fat at my height.

I spent Xmas with my younger brother M and his girlfriend C, and after one too many drinks I got a bit emotional and poured out what a shit time I'd had recently in general, with being unemployed and people commenting on my weight change. And that I wouldn't mind this by itself, but why do people feel the need to accompany these remarks with a pat or a prod of what they see as your "flabby" bits? It feels borderline rapey. M said he'd never met a woman who was happy with her weight, but that, if I wanted his honest opinion, he thought I was too skinny before and that I should only lose weight if I wanted to (I don't particularly). And C's a beautician, so she's surrounded by colleagues and customers who are obsessed with image, which can lead to a lot of bitchiness, but she's used to that and has learnt to ignore it. They both agreed I'm perfect now.

Long story short, I told them my height and weight, and they were gobsmacked. Neither of them had thought I weighed as much as 10 stone. I'm tall enough to carry it, but as is being pointed out, numbers on a scale are just that. Human bodies are all different and can't be conveniently packaged like that.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, that's a point. Somebody might not look their weight. I've mentioned how I used to be slightly too skinny, and I put on 20 pounds last year, bringing me up to a more consistent weight with my height. (5"7, I'm now 140 pounds, used to be around 120). I've had criticism from my own mum and people I don't know very well, at one point getting mistaken for pregnant! One person actually suggested that's why I've not been having much luck with getting work, because image-obsessed managers don't want to employ fat women. Which is plainly ridiculous, as 140 pounds/10 stone is patently NOT fat at my height.

I spent Xmas with my younger brother M and his girlfriend C, and after one too many drinks I got a bit emotional and poured out what a shit time I'd had recently in general, with being unemployed and people commenting on my weight change. And that I wouldn't mind this by itself, but why do people feel the need to accompany these remarks with a pat or a prod of what they see as your "flabby" bits? It feels borderline rapey. M said he'd never met a woman who was happy with her weight, but that, if I wanted his honest opinion, he thought I was too skinny before and that I should only lose weight if I wanted to (I don't particularly). And C's a beautician, so she's surrounded by colleagues and customers who are obsessed with image, which can lead to a lot of bitchiness, but she's used to that and has learnt to ignore it. They both agreed I'm perfect now.

Long story short, I told them my height and weight, and they were gobsmacked. Neither of them had thought I weighed as much as 10 stone. I'm tall enough to carry it, but as is being pointed out, numbers on a scale are just that. Human bodies are all different and can't be conveniently packaged like that.

Fuck the lot of them. You are a healthy weight. You feel good. And again you are healthy. Dont take health for granted.

Fuck the lot of them. You are a healthy weight. You feel good. And again you are healthy. Dont take health for granted.

You're right. Luckily for me, I was born stubborn and wouldn't go on a diet just out of principle, unless I really was overweight. Like Lawfulevil said, people assume anything over about eight and a half stone is big because it's based on the healthy weight of a woman who's an average height. C is considered average height at 5"4, and she's neither fat nor thin - just healthy and normally nourished same as me! M is 5"8 which is short for a guy, and skinny with it, though he does have a slight beer gut. Though you don't notice so much with him because, like me, he wears loose, comfy fitting jumpers and shirts. But I think men's weights are measured differently anyway, as they tend to have more muscle than us.

I also notice many of the people who have made comments think nothing of smoking 50 fags and drinking a bottle of whiskey a day! It just makes me angry to have people I hardly even speak to not only judging me like that, but thinking they've got the right to touch me. When that happens I have no problem slapping their hand away and shouting at them, but then of course I'm thought of as a bitch for standing up for myself. It's a fucked up world when someone else's right to stick their nose in your business is somehow more important than your right to be left the fuck alone!

Thank you for your supportive words.

I'm going to say 78% of it is based on visual fat while 22% is based on the scale. The Godly husband will allow his wife 2 extra pounds two days a month, giving her an 88% chance of passing the weight test 19% of the time. GOOGLE IT! Women who are forced to weigh every day are 97% more likely to eat chocolate 33% less than 46% of none-weighing women. This holds true for 76% of the women ALL OVER THE WORLD.

*Percentages from the Ken Alexander School of Statistical Analysis.

there's only a .0000000000000001% chance that these statistics are not accurate

Is this a dig at her new DIL?

This world needs godly mothers raising godly offspring way more than they need more women doctors, lawyers, etc.

However, since most of them aren't believers and don't care about adorning the Gospel or whether or not they blaspheme God's Word, they can do what they want. Women who love Jesus and desire to walk in obedience to Him, who want to adorn the Gospel and not blaspheme God's Word, should desire to be keepers at home raising their children.

Can you imagine having Lori for a MIL? Convinced she's got God's approval (command) to run around all over the place passing out her thoughts as if they were gospel? I hope at least one of those women has some fire in her- Lori could do with having someone hand her her ass on a platter.

Lori, I know you'd hate to spread false information, so can you please cite your source on most working women not being believers?

For those of you who don't follow the Always Learning Baking Company, I finally remembered to update it this morning-

Okay sinners, I get asked a lot about how to enjoy our fine line of cakes while still remaining as slender as God intended. Well, today I'm going to talk to you about Cake Watchers. It's a nifty program that's helped a lot of my... less Godly-sized friends... get right with the Lord. It's really all about accountability and you can continue not eating all the same foods you don't eat today, plus even more! It's very simple. When you join Cake Watchers, you look at and smell your food, you just don't eat it! Isn't that fabulous? But remember, Cake Watchers isn't a diet, it's a weigh of life.

On a related note, am I the only one who laughed even harder every time she bolded Weight Watchers?

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
From what I've seen from Emily's public social media, she 1. Isn't having kids immediately 2. Doesn't appear to be sitting at home being a housewife. Even if she's decided not to pursue law school anymore, I highly doubt she is lori approved.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
From what I've seen from Emily's public social media, she 1. Isn't having kids immediately 2. Doesn't appear to be sitting at home being a housewife. Even if she's decided not to pursue law school anymore, I highly doubt she is lori approved.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Well, she's got her ducks in a row. That's her problem. :P

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Well, she's got her ducks in a row. That's her problem. :P

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
Lori has ruined that phrase for me forever and ever amen.

I really hate the stigma that comes along with (any) weight gain at all. A couple years ago, I was going through a really bad time and lost quite a bit of weight due to stress/anxiety. I'm quite thin normally (5'10", 132 is about where I sat), and I was all the way down to 121. It was not good for me. But I started dating my boyfriend before I gained much of that weight back. I was probably 125-128. So, of course, I made it back to my previous weight and am now sitting about at the top of my natural, feel-good weight range-- 135-137. Still thin. But I'm really self-conscious about my weight because that means I've gained 10-12 pounds in my relationship, and it's been pounded into my head by society that weight gain during relationships is bad/unattractive/unfair/whatever. It's dumb because my boyfriend is not an ass-- he doesn't care. He's glad I'm healthy. But I still worry because stupid expectations for women in society demand that you stay the same weight as when you started dating someone because you are pulling a bait-and-switch otherwise. It's so dumb.

Interestingly, a friend just posted this scripture on Facebook.

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.â€

1 Samuel 16:7

Seems fitting considering Lori's recent post about the sin of being fat.

Interestingly, a friend just posted this scripture on Facebook.

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.â€

1 Samuel 16:7

Seems fitting considering Lori's recent post about the sin of being fat.

She should also look up Proverbs 31:30-31: Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

I really hate the stigma that comes along with (any) weight gain at all. A couple years ago, I was going through a really bad time and lost quite a bit of weight due to stress/anxiety. I'm quite thin normally (5'10", 132 is about where I sat), and I was all the way down to 121. It was not good for me. But I started dating my boyfriend before I gained much of that weight back. I was probably 125-128. So, of course, I made it back to my previous weight and am now sitting about at the top of my natural, feel-good weight range-- 135-137. Still thin. But I'm really self-conscious about my weight because that means I've gained 10-12 pounds in my relationship, and it's been pounded into my head by society that weight gain during relationships is bad/unattractive/unfair/whatever. It's dumb because my boyfriend is not an ass-- he doesn't care. He's glad I'm healthy. But I still worry because stupid expectations for women in society demand that you stay the same weight as when you started dating someone because you are pulling a bait-and-switch otherwise. It's so dumb.

Which is stupid because it's normal to put on weight when you're happy and content! I'm glad you've got back to a healthy weight that you're happy at, and also that your boyfriend loves you as you are.

Which is stupid because it's normal to put on weight when you're happy and content! I'm glad you've got back to a healthy weight that you're happy at, and also that your boyfriend loves you as you are.

And also stupid because there is a huge double standard. In both my long-term relationships, the men have gained weight. My ex gained at least 60 pounds (and ALWAYS commented/pointed out to me when a woman he knew had gained weight in a relationship), and my boyfriend has gained 10-15 pounds (it doesn't really matter to me). So obviously, men sometimes gain weight as they age as well. It's just not a big deal when it happens to them.

Exactly my beef. I can't help wondering if there's an element of jealousy. As in, how DARE a woman put on weight and not hate herself! Doesn't she know her primary function in life is to please the patriarchy? I think that's why it's easier for some people to assume first that you're pregnant, because apparently if a woman gains weight that's the only acceptable reason. Otherwise she's "let herself go", which means she doesn't give a fuck what society thinks, and ohmigod, we can't have that!

Patriarchy has provided a wonderful opportunity for Lori Alexander. It has allowed her to hang on to the gravy train (also known as Ken), and elevate herself onto a platform from which she can look down on others.

She is also able to use it as an excuse to be a bossy hag, and put down and control other women. I think she must get a little rush of glee each time she smacks down one of the sheeple, and sends them back into a bad situation because the Godly Mentor says so. The internet has literally allowed her the ability to be a controlling bitch without ever leaving the comfort of her home.

Patriarchy has provided a wonderful opportunity for Lori Alexander. It has allowed her to hang on to the gravy train (also known as Ken), and elevate herself onto a platform from which she can look down on others.

She is also able to use it as an excuse to be a bossy hag, and put down and control other women. I think she must get a little rush of glee each time she smacks down one of the sheeple, and sends them back into a bad situation because the Godly Mentor says so. The internet has literally allowed her the ability to be a controlling bitch without ever leaving the comfort of her home.

And dont forget that she can go to other sites and spread her misery,,and make herself look all Godly, how did he even put up with her,, but what gets me ,, she went to a Christian College,, and still according to Kenny,, she was rebellious,, what changed,, what made her rebellious,, and what was rebellious in his eyes,, did she throw things,, scream at him,, Hit him,, ( I suspect that may be true)

In the golden days of yore, bossy buttinskies had to get out there and do their own legwork. Yenta had to actually GO to Golde's house to hassle her. Rachel Lynde had to go to Marilla's house. These women couldn't just sit at home and write nasty passive-aggressive screeds online. Lori Alexander has unlocked the key to more efficient busybody bitchiness.

In the golden days of yore, bossy buttinskies had to get out there and do their own legwork. Yenta had to actually GO to Golde's house to hassle her. Rachel Lynde had to go to Marilla's house. These women couldn't just sit at home and write nasty passive-aggressive screeds online. Lori Alexander has unlocked the key to more efficient busybody bitchiness.

:lol: :clap:

Elmira Gulch, Mrs Meade and Mrs Merriweather, Emma (although she was a very genteel bossy buttinsky!)...the list could go on for miles. :lol:

Edited to add Lady Catherine deBurgh, because you can't talk about Jane Austen busybodies without mentioning her! :naughty:

And dont forget that she can go to other sites and spread her misery,,and make herself look all Godly, how did he even put up with her,, but what gets me ,, she went to a Christian College,, and still according to Kenny,, she was rebellious,, what changed,, what made her rebellious,, and what was rebellious in his eyes,, did she throw things,, scream at him,, Hit him,, ( I suspect that may be true)

Koala or salex may have all the quotes saved somewhere, but according to Ken:

1. She mostly made salads for dinner, and told him to eat his vegetables.

2. She criticized him for eating junk food.

3. She wanted him to help more at home, esp. when the kids were young and he was traveling half the time.

4. She complained to her mother.

5. She'd get upset if he did something she didn't like.

6. She wanted him to buy lots of organic veggies, even though they were expensive.

Despite that, she gave him regular sex, took care of the kids, and took care of the house.

lorialexander.blogspot.ca/2013/11/kens-side-of-story.html

Koala or salex may have all the quotes saved somewhere, but according to Ken:

1. She mostly made salads for dinner, and told him to eat his vegetables.

2. She criticized him for eating junk food.

3. She wanted him to help more at home, esp. when the kids were young and he was traveling half the time.

4. She complained to her mother.

5. She'd get upset if he did something she didn't like.

6. She wanted him to buy lots of organic veggies, even though they were expensive.

Despite that, she gave him regular sex, took care of the kids, and took care of the house.

lorialexander.blogspot.ca/2013/11/kens-side-of-story.html

Lori took care of the kids, the home, the cars, the lawn, the garden, and I took care of the kids' sports, my job, my food, my ironing, and investments. ....

Between my travel schedule, and Lori’s illness, we still managed to have regular times of physical intimacy, but rarely connected on a deeper emotional. Once the physical was over we went back to living life as partners with her managing half and me the other half.

I thought I had married a selfish wife and no way around it, I was going to have to put up with her selfishness the rest of my life, because she was mine, and the wife God had given me.

Yes, Ken, from your description, it sounds like she was horribly, intolerably selfish. : :shifty-kitty: Not sure how you stood it.

I also like how he says that it was his job to keep his crap ironed and then later complained that it was never ironed. Dude.

I thought I had married a selfish wife and no way around it, I was going to have to put up with her selfishness the rest of my life, because she was mine, and the wife God had given me.

because she was mine

because she was mine

because she was mine

because she was mine

:shock:

Notice how she says, A woman does not need to be a Doctor,(her daddy),, nor a lawyer (her DIL) that bitch just loves throwing family under the bus ,,, I;m sure she owns a TV,, but probably never turns it on,, cant have the outside world coming in,, shades drawn,, cleaning all day ,, and of course sitting on the big red delete button

Archived