IGNORED

the Self family

FoxyMoxie

Lacey Self used to run a forum for women along with Jocelyn Dixon (this was before or at the early stages of Feelin' Feminine so before the Dixons became fake Jews). I think her family were/are some kind of Anabaptist? They wore headcoverings and I don't think they voted, and I know opposed gun ownership. Her brother (Levi?) married and had a baby, and Lacey and her parents became somewhat less fundie and stopped headcovering - and I think her brother and sister-in-law became distant because of it. Not a particularly interesting fundie family, but are there any threads on here about them? Searching for 'Self' is difficult!

I remember them! I used to be in contact with Lacey a lot when I was neck deep in head covering etc, because we were around the same age. Anyway megan's mom has a blog- lilac cottage goats or something like that, I used to be friends with her on Facebook before I got off of it. She posts a little here and there, but has more current info on Levi and Megan. They had a second child pretty recently. Can't really find too much on Lacey or her family though.

We talked about them a little ages ago on Yuku. Wasn't there a post where the family said they wouldn't be homeschooling Lacey past 9th grade because all she needed to know in life was how to count, how to read well enough to get through the bible, and how to cook and clean? Her future headship wouldn't need her to have any more skills than those so they were stopping her education.

• 2 months later...

I used to talk to Levi quite a bit. I honestly can't remember what the conversations were about, probably coding or blogging or something like that. I have no idea what happened to them.

This is megan's mom's blog: lilaccottagegoats.blogspot.com

Archived