IGNORED

The Bates on GMA....and a special tonight.

notsocommon

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to Kelly, both Zach and Sarah decided not to touch until marriage so that they could focus on getting to know each other spiritually and learn to communicate on a more deeper level.

This whole "no touching" thing fundies follow annoy the crap out of me. They focus way too much on marriage and I don't understand how they're able to communicate more deeply when you can't be left alone.

What really turned me away from this courtship is when Kelly commented on her blog on how Zach would run around the house, trying to find someone, so he could show them whatever Sarah texted him. Honestly, what kind of conversations are they having when they have someone near them 24 hours?

"I love.....GOD! LOL! :)"

The scene where he asked her to court has to be one of the most awkward things I've ever seen....they couldn't leave him alone for that? What if she wanted to say no? I don't think she did, but I don't think it did any of them any favors to have all the gawkers there...

I don't know what it is, but Michaela seems almost normal, like she genuinely enjoys her life.

On a whole, I've always found the Bates more genuine than the Duggars. That might change with this increased exposure though.

Months in the NICU would absolutely bankrupt them, regardless of their "no insurance" discount. They'd certainly have to make a choice between accepting government assistance or being in medical debt for the rest of their lives...both of which fly in the face of their "debt free" lifestyle :roll:

Aren't preemies automatically put on medicaid or medicare? I think I remember something about that on the TWOP Duggar thread when Josie was born.

Footage of the courting couple = shades of "Kid Farm".

How embarrassing! That guy could barely talk so they show it on tv. I actually feel sorry for him and the girl. I hope it was a re-enactment. Josh's proposal was the all-time worst. This one makes me want to hug him and tell him it's ok--she'll love you anyway!

I don't know what it is, but Michaela seems almost normal, like she genuinely enjoys her life.

On a whole, I've always found the Bates more genuine than the Duggars. That might change with this increased exposure though.

Surprisingly, she does. She seems very down to earth and is actually content with how her life is, unlike some of the older Duggar girls.

However, with that being said, it would not surprise me if they turn into the Duggars as more cameras become focused on them. They've been in a few newspapers, news stations, and magazines. I seriously hope they don't do a Wedding Special for when Zach gets married.

I could not stand how Josh and Anna got engaged. It just didn't seem romantic. I think I would have preferred Zach courting me than Josh's proposal. If Zach did this for a courtship, I could not imagine what he has up his sleeve for the proposal. I hope Sarah's dad doesn't put the ring on her finger if they're that strict with no touching.

Maybe its just me, but I thought the footage of Michaela saying how she just LOOOOOOVVVVED her life and carrying the baby around like it was her own, just a shade TOO perky. Me thinks its more the beat-into-as-a-preteen Towing the Party Line type of line.

Maybe its just me, but I thought the footage of Michaela saying how she just LOOOOOOVVVVED her life and carrying the baby around like it was her own, just a shade TOO perky. Me thinks its more the beat-into-as-a-preteen Towing the Party Line type of line.

It's not just you. But then, I'm bad at this sort of thing.

Mentioned homeschooling conference, but never said "ATI", no mention of wisdom booklets. I wonder if Gothard's name will be spoken at all.

Heh. At least the reporter has a sense of the reality of these people. Little snuck in digs, like when the Bates collided with the Duggars at Big Sandy (with two sets of cameras colliding), "IT's like they're in a competition". She gets it. Now she just needs to spell it out. The footage of Big Sandy is, of course, tres creepy.

She just called out the sexism at the conference too. She's all, "That's sexist. The girls were inside singing. The boys were outside repelling." Kelly, of course, has no comeback. She's all, "Hee hee. Well that will have to be a suggestion we make."

Mentioned homeschooling conference, but never said "ATI", no mention of wisdom booklets. I wonder if Gothard's name will be spoken at all.

When Kelly said it was like Vacation Bible School, I almost threw something at the TV. And the girls singing housework songs ...

Heh. At least the reporter has a sense of the reality of these people. Little snuck in digs, like when the Bates collided with the Duggars at Big Sandy (with two sets of cameras colliding), "IT's like their in a competition". She gets it. Now she just needs to spell it out. The footage of Big Sandy is, of course, tres creepy.

Yea, and when they were kissing "that's how you got into this mess!"

ugh seriously?? The girls sing songs about housework and the boys swing from ropes?!??! WTF?!?! I noticed that TLC never showed this!

Erin is SO annoying. When they were all getting ready she is laying on the couch. Then, during the tornado, she is crying while Michaella is comforting little kids.

When the reporter asked if the girls wanted to repel and Kelly said "yes, we'll have to suggest that next year" BULL SHIT!!

I'm on the west coast, but couldn't wait to read what y'all had to say. THIS remark really proves how indoctrinated Kelly is; how many other ATI moms are going to blatantly to an interviewer about gender roles that they know Gothard will NEVER change.

Did they mention the ALERT "academy" as the only kind of "Boy Scouts" these boys will ever have? At least the Duggars sort of addressed that.

Can't wait to see more of what goes on in those skeevy "homeschool" conferences, although I'm sure Gothard would never allow taping of the really extremist stuff. Heck, from what you guys have described, it's extreme enough for mainstream America, even the Christians. My husband is a non-denominational Christian, centrist, but with a left lean. I really want to hear his take on this because he still thinks these people are "mostly harmless."

FWIW, I posted about Lawson shopping on TWOP because someone was incredulous when I mentioned it. I told my husband about what that boy is doing for his family and THAT did begin to piss him off.

I'm on the west coast, but couldn't wait to read what y'all had to say. THIS remark really proves how indoctrinated Kelly is; how many other ATI moms are going to blatantly to an interviewer about gender roles that they know Gothard will NEVER change.

Did they mention the ALERT "academy" as the only kind of "Boy Scouts" these boys will ever have? At least the Duggars sort of addressed that.

Can't wait to see more of what goes on in those skeevy "homeschool" conferences, although I'm sure Gothard would never allow taping of the really extremist stuff. Heck, from what you guys have described, it's extreme enough for mainstream America, even the Christians. My husband is a non-denominational Christian, centrist, but with a left lean. I really want to hear his take on this because he still thinks these people are "mostly harmless."

FWIW, I posted about Lawson shopping on TWOP because someone was incredulous when I mentioned it. I told my husband about what that boy is doing for his family and THAT did begin to piss him off.

does TWOP have a bates thread?

What the flip- the kid is buying the food???

This made me really angry. He's a savvy kid, worked hard, built up savings. He actually had a chance to do what those fundies harp about - start out his adult life debt free and offer sone financial stability when he went a-courting. But his parents shamelessly admit that they are financially dependent on him ... AND THEY ARE TRYING FOR MORE. :roll:

Archived