IGNORED

The Bates on GMA....and a special tonight.

notsocommon

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an article about them from the ABC website, couldn't find the video from GMA.

abcnews.go.com/Health/bates-family-20-praying-children/story?id=14359053

Ah, the good ole' "We didn't do this to be famous, nor do we want to be," Bates family.

I actually just went to their blog and they have a post about the Duggars visiting with pictures. HOLY FREAKING COW. Look at MacKenzie: gilbatesfamily.com/files/2011/08/MG_0239_thumb2.jpg

I had never noticed before, but she's the spitting image of Anna.

Edited because I spelled MacKenzie wrong, in that I spelled it in a ridiculous way another reality show MacKynzie spells it. I demand real names be brought back into fashion. Ones that I can spell.

There's an article on ABCnew.com also. They talk about how they pray for more children and their kids wanted Mom and Dad to have more children so badly that they asked if they could fast and pray about it.

"Some of them said, 'Can we fast if the Lord would give us more children?'" he said. "They fasted and prayed."

Another nutjob family like the Duggars, looking for their 15 minutes of fame. :roll:

Yesterday they were on the front page of abcnews.com. I didn't click to read why because it was sure to be self-promotion about their fertility and I am so not interested in that, or them.

Being on tv explains the lead-up of them being on the front page though.

I'm so tired of these families making the freaking news for out-breeding everyone else.

I'm so confused by that article. They mentioned the miscarriage she had earlier this year, but they never mentioned the fact that Kelly is pregnant now :? Their blog still shows an entry from July where they announce they are 9 weeks pregnant, so unless they had another miscarriage they haven't mentioned, I'm not sure why that wouldn't be included. They also mentioned that their previous miscarriages ("Jewel" and "Jubilee") occurred at just a few weeks gestation, before an ultrasound was performed, but I thought at least one of them happened at around 20 weeks? They also neglected to mention the medical problems that Kelly had after Callie-Anna's birth.

I'm surprised they are up front about the fact that they don't have insurance and don't intend to get it, especially given a history of risky pregnancies. They mention a 17-day hospital stay for Addee when she was born prematurely that was very expensive, but still not enough to convince them to invest in insurance. I can only imagine if the next pregnancy ends the way Michelle's did. Months in the NICU would absolutely bankrupt them, regardless of their "no insurance" discount. They'd certainly have to make a choice between accepting government assistance or being in medical debt for the rest of their lives...both of which fly in the face of their "debt free" lifestyle :roll:

I think if it came to that, they'd rely on ATI royalty for help with their hospital bills. And they would probably get it. Gothard has made them a new face of the movement and he cannot afford to have them filing for bankruptcy or being chased by creditors. Their lives are not like other ATI families lives. So if they fall flat on their faces for bad choices, they are fortunate enough that they will probably receive substantial assistance. Other families who emulate them will likely not be so lucky.

I think they had a miscarriage of the latest baby. This is from the article:

The Bates' pre-natal care is provided free-of-charge at a small Christian clinic, and earlier this year, they got the news they were pregnant with baby number 19.

"Everything looked good. We even saw a heartbeat," Kelly said.

But eight weeks into the pregnancy, the baby died -- a devastating loss for the family. Kelly's two previous miscarriages occurred just a few days after a positive pregnancy test, well before they could see a heart. The couple later named the baby Zion after the hymn, "Marching to Zion."

I don't think so, jockosmom. I could be wrong, but that sounds like the first baby they lost a good while ago, a lot earlier this year. They posted on their blog an announcement about a second pregnancy this year at the beginning of August, at which time she was 9 weeks.

Don't forget the "true knot" in Judson's cord and the fact that he was pretty darn purple/blue! No insurance for them is STOO. PID.

edit - well the picture that was there when the entry was first made has been changed, but there was one of him sleeping the whole lower half of his face was purple. gilbatesfamily.com/2010/09/17/welcome-judson-wyatt-9-15-10/

I think they had a miscarriage of the latest baby. This is from the article:

The Bates' pre-natal care is provided free-of-charge at a small Christian clinic, and earlier this year, they got the news they were pregnant with baby number 19.

"Everything looked good. We even saw a heartbeat," Kelly said.

But eight weeks into the pregnancy, the baby died -- a devastating loss for the family. Kelly's two previous miscarriages occurred just a few days after a positive pregnancy test, well before they could see a heart. The couple later named the baby Zion after the hymn, "Marching to Zion."

That's not the most recent pregnancy, though. Here's where they posted about the Zion miscarriage back in March: gilbatesfamily.com/2011/03/10/in-joy-or-in-sorrow-god-is-still-good/

But they have this entry from July where they announce being 9 weeks pregnant: gilbatesfamily.com/2011/07/14/count-your-blessings/

I don't get the contradictions.

I think she is still pregnant. Kelly responds to blog comments and on every post there is someone asking about the pregnancy. On the most recent comment section, someone asked how kelly was doing and she said she was doing fine. That is a bit vague but on the tent meeting post she says that they saw the heartbeat at 13 and a half weeks. That was on august 14th.

I do think it's weird that they didn't mention the pregnancy on gma, was it live?

Interesting. In the video, it was stated that courtship meant no hand holding, but Josh and Anna Dugger were DEFINITELY holding hands when they were courting, practically never letting go.

Interesting. In the video, it was stated that courtship meant no hand holding, but Josh and Anna Dugger were DEFINITELY holding hands when they were courting, practically never letting go.

Josh and anna didn't start holding hands until they were engaged. In the engagement video, josh holds her hand, anna looks shocked and josh said it was ok because he asked their parents if they could hold hands while engaged. He apparently didn't bother to ask anna.

Wasn't there some question about JD and Anna Hackel courting because she was visiting for so long? Anyway, noticed this on the blog:

By Anna Hackel, August 23, 2011 @ 9:57 pm

If only I stayed with the Duggars a little longer I would have been there!! :)

love you guys!

According to Kelly, both Zach and Sarah decided not to touch until marriage so that they could focus on getting to know each other spiritually and learn to communicate on a more deeper level.

This whole "no touching" thing fundies follow annoy the crap out of me. They focus way too much on marriage and I don't understand how they're able to communicate more deeply when you can't be left alone.

What really turned me away from this courtship is when Kelly commented on her blog on how Zach would run around the house, trying to find someone, so he could show them whatever Sarah texted him. Honestly, what kind of conversations are they having when they have someone near them 24 hours?

"I love.....GOD! LOL! :)"

edit - well the picture that was there when the entry was first made has been changed, but there was one of him sleeping the whole lower half of his face was purple. gilbatesfamily.com/2010/09/17/welcome-judson-wyatt-9-15-10/

In the picture where Gil is holding him, you can't see his face very well but his skin is nearly the same color as Gil's gray shirt. Definitely scary.

Josh and anna didn't start holding hands until they were engaged. In the engagement video, josh holds her hand, anna looks shocked and josh said it was ok because he asked their parents if they could hold hands while engaged. He apparently didn't bother to ask anna.

Ok. For some reason I was under the impression that they didn't start "courting" until they were already engaged, which I thought was really weird.

I missed GMA this morning. But I will try to watch Primetime tonight. I find the Bates family to be a tad more likable than the Duggars. But I agree they are starting to turn into famewhores.

Archived