IGNORED

John-Marie is engaged!

Marian the Librarian

Per his public FB page, John-Marie (AKA Jonathan Demcak) is engaged, and she's not a Maxwell.

They are a cute couple, and she looks like a lot of FUN.

Three cheers!! :D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now he is secure in knowing that he may keep his real middle name, whatever it is, forever and ever.

I'm all verklempt.

They are touching. That would never fly with Stevehovah. :naughty:

And they don't have that psychotic look that is seen and passes for joyfulness in Maxhell.

Happy for them. It's always nice to get to choose who you marry and get to know them beforehand lol.

I do wish Sarah would be allowed to marry. Some nice guy and have two kids. She would be happy.

Wait, John Marie isn't his real name!?

No. I wondered too. Apparently Steve decided NR Anna would be called Anna Marie because there's already an Anna in the family. Steve already has a son named john, therefore this new john must be called John Marie.

Suck it, Steve. Even John didn't want a slice of your pie. Also, she's really cute. Check out that defrauding neckline! :dance:

Good for John, he did not marry into Maxhell, which is an awful fate for anyone. I presume if one of Steve's daughters got engaged, he would do the Jimbob thing and forget the whole leave and cleave thing and forever keep the poor dude's balls in a vice so he never asserts his headship and encourages his Godly daughter (or in Jimbob's case, the Godly daughter and the other one he doesn't like as much) from having any freedom or ever going outside of his beliefs.

she doesn't look fundie at all! if you click through to her public facebook page, the cover photo appears to be her at a mud run and she is wearing shorts and a tank top. can you imagine sarah maxwell doing that?

I'm still confused how John-Marie went from wearing starched, pressed jeans with a tucked in collard shirt, to where he is today in a fairly short time.

And the last time I checked his public FB page I don't recall seeing any talk of religion, God, etc. Same with his fiance', IIRC.

His sister and parents look like they'd fit right in with the Maxwells. How'd John-Marie break out?

I'm still confused how John-Marie went from wearing starched, pressed jeans with a tucked in collard shirt, to where he is today in a fairly short time.

And the last time I checked his public FB page I don't recall seeing any talk of religion, God, etc. Same with his fiance', IIRC.

His sister and parents look like they'd fit right in with the Maxwells. How'd John-Marie break out?

Here's my theory, FWIW: He's owned and run his own business for more than five years, and thus has to interact with all sorts of people. He's also been active in the Western Alliance for Economic Development (per his Linked In page), so he's had some exposure to "the world." I'm pretty sure he's the older sibling, and he's male, which has probably made self-assertion and -determination a bit easier than it will be for his sister.

His FB "Likes" include a local church, which I believe he and his family attend; a Bible app; and the news/media website "Conservative Daily," so I don't think he and his sweetie are about to run off and join a left-wing commune or anything. Nevertheless, bottom line - he got a good look at what life in Leavenworth, KS under the iron fist of Stevehovah is like, and said "HELL, NO." And I say, good for him, and so there, Steve. :disgust: (Not that I'm having an immature moment, or anything...)

The mention of Stevehovah and FUN always make me think of this for some reason:

[bBvideo 560,340:2z31jhpt]

[/bBvideo]

can anyone nab a picture or two? for those of us who can't access fb? pretty please? :D

I have a vision of all the Maxwell "friends" living fairly normal lives. Then when The Maxwells are around, they pull out their fundie attire and mannerisms.

Awww my favourite pet fundie (now fundie-lite?) I'm so glad he dodged a Steve shaped bullet!

Archived