IGNORED

John-Marie is engaged!

Marian the Librarian

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope John-Marie believes in insurance and gets her some dental work. She looks like she may have some issues from the FB pics. And I don't say this from the Bitch Corner- I have beautiful white teeth that are in terrible condition because of genetics. It sucks.

She's adorable and has a profession, too! Her hair is cute. He totally dodged a bullet. I can't imagine why he's branched out away from the fundie-dom that seems to be his family, but I'm glad he did. I hope his parents are happy for him. I still think it's odd that his sister is so involved with the Maxwells. I wonder if she's being looked at as a match for John.

I hope John-Marie believes in insurance and gets her some dental work. She looks like she may have some issues from the FB pics. And I don't say this from the Bitch Corner- I have beautiful white teeth that are in terrible condition because of genetics. It sucks.

She does have terrible teeth. I think she probably knows that and hopefully he will get her some help if she wants it.

She's adorable and has a profession, too! Her hair is cute. He totally dodged a bullet. I can't imagine why he's branched out away from the fundie-dom that seems to be his family, but I'm glad he did. I hope his parents are happy for him. I still think it's odd that his sister is so involved with the Maxwells. I wonder if she's being looked at as a match for John.

Yeah, I keep wondering how that initial meet and greet with John-Marie's family went, if the fiancee was wearing clothes like this and John-Marie's mother and sister were in frumpers.

I wonder if the latest Maxwell blog post "God's Plans" has anything to do with John-Marie's engagement? Like maybe the news came as a surprise?

Another one that avoided spending the rest of his life in Maxhell.

I am also glad to see that he's definitely moving out of fundieland and hope that his family supports him. Do have to wonder what made him decide to go less fundie than his family. Maybe his time spent around Maxhell made him rethink things.

Okay, I'm not sure who this person is... is this a Maxwell?

His family has appeared in several Maxwell blogs, they went to Joe's wedding, and the Maxwells have visited them. He's the right age to court so it has been speculated that he might marry a Maxwell. His mom and sister are very frumperlicious. He's called John Marie since there's already a John so FJ added a Marie just like they added Marie to Anna Marie's name because there was already an Anna.

Oh my. Hair dye and a POOLSIDE SELFIE? I can't imagine the Maxwells would attend the wedding of such a sinful girl...

she is so adorable! ^.^ good luck, john-marie, you deserve happiness outside of the maxhell!

Oh my. Hair dye and a POOLSIDE SELFIE? I can't imagine the Maxwells would attend the wedding of such a sinful girl...

And she's probably got a tattoo, that brazen hussy! Go, John-Marie, go!

And she's probably got a tattoo, that brazen hussy! Go, John-Marie, go!

And just a reminder, the Maxwells don't read swim, they write kayak.

• 2 months later...

Bumping to report that the wedding is happening next weekend. I think they're adorable, I hope they have a long and happy life together, and I'm still relieved that he was not sucked into the vortex that is Maxhell!

(Mods - pic of the invite is from his business's public FB page, so I'm thinking it's OK to include here. If not, please adjust as you deem appropriate.)

10898284_340604039464756_7632802486390363330_n.jpg?oh=40934f22e87d072900d7aa00dd72cd41&oe=5543DE51

I wonder if any maxwells will attend?

I wonder if wonderboy, Chris, will be the photographer. Maybe the bride won't meet his "standards" and he'll have to decline...

The "D Family" went all that way to attend Joe's wedding, you would think that the Maxwells would attend this wedding, as the D's only have two kids, right? And just the one son. Nazarene church so no alcohol or dancing will be happening. I hope Christopher does photograph it.

The "D Family" went all that way to attend Joe's wedding, you would think that the Maxwells would attend this wedding, as the D's only have two kids, right? And just the one son. Nazarene church so no alcohol or dancing will be happening. I hope Christopher does photograph it.

That would be awesome. I wonder if this chickie is going to go all Whitney and become a plain fun-die?

What are the earmarks of a Maxwell style wedding?

Archived