IGNORED

John-Marie is engaged!

Marian the Librarian

they are one of the most adorablest couples i've ever seen. i think you can easily see that they really are in love, not just desperate for a spouse and being content with what god has given them, like i've seen in other fundie couples. i love it. :)

are there any more pictures of her dress?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more, from a cousin's (?) FB page - this is all I've been able to find so far.

10906362_10204158089966022_780328915915181664_n.jpg?oh=08c8233308230a80a2b9c090a4faf816&oe=55208B83&__gda__=1430102970_04caccfdc5bda488312a89be58717bdd

What are the earmarks of a Maxwell style wedding?

1. Lots of preaching about death.

2. No dancing.

3. Lousy photography.

4. Can only take place on certain days of the week

5. Must be a first marriage for both spouses

6. Must be a legal marriage

7. No Alcohol

8. Bride and bridal party must be dressed modestly (Are they considered modestly dressed? Their shoulders and necklines are covered but it's see through. I'm guessing that wouldn't be allowed in a Maxhell wedding)

4. Can only take place on certain days of the week

5. Must be a first marriage for both spouses

6. Must be a legal marriage

7. No Alcohol

8. Bride and bridal party must be dressed modestly (Are they considered modestly dressed? Their shoulders and necklines are covered but it's see through. I'm guessing that wouldn't be allowed in a Maxhell wedding)

9. Plastered-on, smile-on-command smiles from everyone involved.

10. Post-ceremony crying back at the ranch, because a "child" has moved half a block away.

those are really cute dresses! i'm don't think the maxwells would approve of the see through portions of the dresses, but i think it's rather pretty and still modest.

The color/fabric combo of the bridesmaids' dresses isn't really my cup of tea but it looks like the couple is happy and the wedding party is having FUN. Here's to many happy years of marriage for the newlyweds and hopefully they distance themselves from their "friends" in Maxhell.

i have no idea who these people are, but when i first saw the pic in the thread of the fiance (now wife) i was like "wow! she totally looks like my cousin, tamara!" and then i scroll down and find out the bride is named tamra. LOL.

i like that first table setup pictured, it's very nice and rustic and charming.

Those are from facebook friends, but if anyone is interested it looks like they have a new instagram @demcakfamily

So far no Maxwells to be seen.

those are so adorably awesome, nally, thank you so much! they are definitely my favouritest fundie-lite couple.

One more, from a cousin's (?) FB page - this is all I've been able to find so far.

10906362_10204158089966022_780328915915181664_n.jpg?oh=08c8233308230a80a2b9c090a4faf816&oe=55208B83&__gda__=1430102970_04caccfdc5bda488312a89be58717bdd

Wait, is that Cathy, his sister, on the far right??

Love LOVE her dress -- the sleeves are stunning! Totally tasteful gown on all levels! You scored, John-Marie!

The wedding colors were odd but maybe they represent special things to them. He looks cute (and would never have been allowed to wear such a get-up for a Maxhell wedding). I hope they are having a great time on their honeymoon and that we will get to see more photos.

I do wonder how his parents felt about him stepping into a lighter shade of fundiedom, but we'll never know.

They're a very cute couple, but I'm a little disappointed that there are no pictures of tongs and electric fans.

Love LOVE her dress -- the sleeves are stunning! Totally tasteful gown on all levels! You scored, John-Marie!

The wedding colors were odd but maybe they represent special things to them. He looks cute (and would never have been allowed to wear such a get-up for a Maxhell wedding). I hope they are having a great time on their honeymoon and that we will get to see more photos.

I do wonder how his parents felt about him stepping into a lighter shade of fundiedom, but we'll never know.

We also don't know that she isn't going to the dark side for him or that she wasn't already pretty fundie herself. Nothing in this wedding indicates any sort of switch for John- Marie. In fact, super frumperlicious sister is in the wedding in that dress. There are lots of levels in this stuff.

Well, she's a Christian and attends church, but she still works and wears jeans/shorts. And they kissed before marriage. Steve's heart is probably grieved for the poor Demcaks!

I'm very happy for them. Hopefully this means John's sister will be able to marry someone more fundie-lite and not have a bushel of kids.

I really doubt the Maxwells were even invited to this. I'm sure John-Marie was trying to court one of the girls, and was rebuffed.

I wonder if Steve Maxwell thought John-Marie was a lot more conservative than he actually is. Maybe now he's SHOCKED by what a libertine he is?! I really hope not, because if that's the case I'm sure he'd be suspicious of all other men forever and none of his daughters would ever be allowed to marry.

Or maybe John-Marie really was trying to court one of the girls and he didn't measure up because he revealed that he was okay with kissing before marriage or teaching nursery rhymes to his kids or something horrible like that. Either way, I'm happy for him that he dodged the Maxhell bullet, but it makes me feel even more sorry for Sarah, Anna and Mary. Yeah, technically they could leave, but let's face it... they've been psychologically abused by their jailer/father for so long that it's not very likely.

I'm very happy for them. Hopefully this means John's sister will be able to marry someone more fundie-lite and not have a bushel of kids.

I really doubt the Maxwells were even invited to this. I'm sure John-Marie was trying to court one of the girls, and was rebuffed.

I'm not sure John-Marie's sister would dare stray from her frumpers. She genuinely seems to find joy in the Maxhell lifestyle and I think it's possible she might end up marrying either John or Jesse (not sure how old she is). She's NR-Anna with red hair.

I think John-Marie was probably interested in Anna at one point and Stevie probably decided he couldn't let her go. If he's up-to-date on John-Marie's life (which he probably is both from reading here and having J-M's sister be in the fold with the family), he is probably taking a deep sigh of relief he didn't allow J-M take one of his daughters. Just LOOK at the hussy he married! She paints her nails, for God's sake!

Archived