IGNORED

Bradley Bates, son of Zach and Whitney, is here! (renamed)

Justme

Zach and Whitney's baby boy is due in October. I don't remember exactly when, but the date 10/8 sticks out in my mind. I know they've named the little dude as well. Is it Bradley??

I'm guessing he'll come on 10/10, home birth that is relatively easy, will be 8#6oz, 19.5".

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they said her due date is 22nd October... Also Whit definitely said in the comments section on one of their blog posts that they are having a hospital birth.

ETA: Yeah, Kelly said he'll be called Bradley Gilvin Bates.

I think they said her due date is 22nd October... Also Whit definitely said in the comments section on one of their blog posts that they are having a hospital birth.

Thanks for the info. Glad she is having a hospital birth.

Gilvin? Is that Gil's real name? Cause it's a godawful choice if its not a family obligation.

Gilvin? Is that Gil's real name? Cause it's a godawful choice if its not a family obligation.

Think so, it's also Zach's middle name and I think Kelly said it's been in the family for a few generations or something.

at least it's a middle name with a blessedly normal first name!

Yeah, Gilvin's the middle name. I think it was Gil's father's middle name, too.

I wonder if Gil's first name is something else, and he goes by his middle name.

Yeah, Gilvin's the middle name. I think it was Gil's father's middle name, too.

I wonder if Gil's first name is something else, and he goes by his middle name.

It could be - according the wiki page about the Bates, Lawson is actually William Lawson and Nathan is actually Kenneth Nathaniel.

Good for Whit for having a hospital birth! I hope that she has enough confidence to not allow his family to push her around all the time.

Kelly has always had hospital births, hasn't she? Or at least she has for the last few.

she had 14 home births I believe it was after the trouble with Addalee that they started to have hospital births again. If that is so then I would think Zach was born in a hospital. then I could be wrong about the exact order though.

Announcing a baby's gender and name before it is born is like opening your Christmas presents a week ahead of time. It's more interesting when you don't know.

Announcing a baby's gender and name before it is born is like opening your Christmas presents a week ahead of time. It's more interesting when you don't know.

Or: parents can make the decision that is right for them when it comes to sharing news about their baby... :)

If I ever have another child, I think I would find out if it was a girl or boy, and then not tell anyone else (except the Childs father) I think it would be interesting to see what happened.

If I ever have another child, I think I would find out if it was a girl or boy, and then not tell anyone else (except the Childs father) I think it would be interesting to see what happened.

How do you mean?

It could be - according the wiki page about the Bates, Lawson is actually William Lawson and Nathan is actually Kenneth Nathaniel.

Does anyone know why they go by their middle names?

Or: parents can make the decision that is right for them when it comes to sharing news about their baby... :)

It also depends on how you feel about unisex baby clothes/decor. I'm super into room design/interior decorating, so for me, designing the nursery is one of the things I most look forward to when I think about future kiddos. When it comes to style, I prefer specifically boy or girl nurseries as unisex rooms just feel impersonal to me.

Ditto with clothes. I LOVE all those cute baby outfits, and I know people close to me do as well. It would be much more fun for my family, friends, and me if they got to shop for those boy/girl specific things in advance.

What I'm trying to say is that for some people, knowing the sex in advance is a really fun and enjoyable part of preparing for the baby.

It also depends on how you feel about unisex baby clothes/decor. I'm super into room design/interior decorating, so for me, designing the nursery is one of the things I most look forward to when I think about future kiddos. When it comes to style, I prefer specifically boy or girl nurseries as unisex rooms just feel impersonal to me.

Ditto with clothes. I LOVE all those cute baby outfits, and I know people close to me do as well. It would be much more fun for my family, friends, and me if they got to shop for those boy/girl specific things in advance.

What I'm trying to say is that for some people, knowing the sex in advance is a really fun and enjoyable part of preparing for the baby.

I second that. I'd probably want to know and then tell no one except the father, IF he wanted to know. Some dads don't want to know and I'd respect the dad's wish in that regard.

I HATE the colors green and yellow with the passion of anything blazing in their colors. :ew: There's literally NOTHING that makes me feel differently about it so I'd hate being given "unisex" colors or having to decorate a nursery that way. Yes, there's always eggshell -BUT- that's just so bleak IMHO. Hence, there are people like me who get a lot out of knowing ahead of birth. I don't think Zach and Whit would let themselves be pressured into spilling the beans if they didn't want to. Bateses don't appear pushy about baby names either, Duggars are more pushy with all their same first letter crap.

I was surprised when I found out I was having a boy at my ultrasound.

Just because you find out earlier doesn't make it not a surprise.

Agree!!

Glad to hear that Whit is having the hospital birth. I may be wrong, but I am guessing that with her billing certificate education, she would be aware of all the things that can happen with birth. The medical codes used for pregnancy and delivery are many and varied depending on the birth scenario, complications, number of babies, HIV positive, etc. This is not to say that they scare you in the classes (I have taken them) nor is it a criticism of anyone having a home birth, just that given her knowledge, there's a good chance that this is what she is comfortable with, at least with her first baby. Maybe later on she may choose home birth because she's been through it before and is more comfortable with that option.

Have to agree w/ u.

I got the call from the genetics counselor to say that my baby was healthy and that it was a girl. I was so surprised (and ecstatic) that I literally almost fell off the couch. I doubt I would have been as happy finding out after being in labor 2 nights straight.

Archived